Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fair & balanced... MY ASS
Fair & balanced... MY ASS
2011-01-12, 8:00 AM #1
Check out this video, it's only about 90 seconds long...

The 'truth' about Amsterdam

Whoever made this video should have included the teenage pregnancy statistics for good measure.

Anyway, please, this is not about whose country is better. This is about blatant lies in the media. The picture they're painting is so shockingly far from the truth, I couldn't stop laughing. It worries me though, when media are outright feeding their lies to millions of people.

This isn't journalism, it's political propaganda.

Post Fox news hilariousness or other media disasters.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2011-01-12, 8:04 AM #2
Fox producing political propaganda? Not being fair and balanced? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-01-12, 8:04 AM #3
All major news networks do it, why do you pick on fox? Is it to get certain members of this forum excited?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-01-12, 8:07 AM #4
Haha, no. I just chanced upon this video and was shocked. You could say that all media do it, but I rarely see stuff on this level of absurdity.
2011-01-12, 8:08 AM #5
All of the news stations started doing these sorts of obviously biased stories to compete with Fox's numbers. The thing is, no one's watching to be informed anymore.

This one always grates on my nerves:

ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-01-12, 8:15 AM #6
You picked Bill O'Reilly's show which is an opinion show, basic mouth piece for GOP, and you are shocked?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2011-01-12, 8:19 AM #7
Originally posted by zanardi:
All major news networks do it, why do you pick on fox? Is it to get certain members of this forum excited?

Fox takes it to a ridiculous and hilarious new level. Don't make a mole-hill out of a mountain.
2011-01-12, 8:28 AM #8
Originally posted by JediKirby:
This one always grates on my nerves

Aw man... that's just so distasteful, to say the least.

Originally posted by dalf:
You picked Bill O'Reilly's show which is an opinion show, basic mouth piece for GOP, and you are shocked?

I just ran into that video. I didn't pick the show. I see what you're getting at, but it's not really an opinion they're expressing, it's pure misinformation.
2011-01-12, 9:56 AM #9
I dunno, after Glenn Nikumubecki that O'Reilly guy has seemed pretty cool.

Well, kinda alright.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-01-12, 10:01 AM #10
OK, I don't have YouTube at work so I can't check if this is the proper vid, but if it is, you should all check it out... Bill O'Reilly FOILED. :D

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbeJ9yJpR_DA&rct=j&q=o%27reilly%20vs%20kid&ei=BewtTaLlL4SeOp61_N8K&usg=AFQjCNF2owrtq90SxNC2IeKAohcempAlOA&cad=rja
幻術
2011-01-12, 10:30 AM #11
What's disturbing is not just that opinion pieces can spout that nonsense, but that people think it's okay because "it's just opinion." No, all opinions are not equally valid.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2011-01-12, 10:33 AM #12
For example, my opinions are always better than Emon's opinion by virtue of the fact that, by nature, I am better than Emon.
2011-01-12, 11:34 AM #13
Better at sucking, maybe.
nope.
2011-01-12, 11:40 AM #14
All mainstream American news is basically propaganda, Fox just has absolutely no shame and doesn't try to hide it at all.
Paging Wookiee to the thread.
2011-01-12, 11:47 AM #15
[http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldqkiaC1gv1qz56kdo1_500.jpg]
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-01-12, 12:41 PM #16
I thought this thread was gonna be about just how well balanced and how fair ORJJOS's ass is :(
2011-01-12, 12:52 PM #17
Originally posted by Tibby:
All mainstream American news is basically propaganda

That's true, your news in general makes me shudder, but I've still never seen anything as bad as Fox.

Originally posted by Tibby:
Fox just has absolutely no shame and doesn't try to hide it at all.

Then what's with the complete lie that is their slogan =p
2011-01-12, 1:06 PM #18
I'm Canadian...
2011-01-12, 2:00 PM #19
Oh! My sincerest apologies good sir, I didn't mean to insult you =s
2011-01-12, 3:48 PM #20
Yeah I hate how fox is just allowed to make up things out of thin air and pass it off as fact, even if they say it's just opinion it's obvious they are stating it as factual. I mean kind of like how they said Jared loughner was inspired by the map with cross heirs and inflammatory rhetoric from right wing talk radio! Oh... Wait...

Seriously though fox is still the worst.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-01-12, 3:52 PM #21
So I've never actually really watched Faux news on TV (I do listen to a fox affiliate AM radio station) but watching some of these Bill O'Reilly clips on youtube.. this guy really is a ****ing tool!
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-01-12, 4:33 PM #22
Originally posted by saberopus:
I thought this thread was gonna be about just how well balanced and how fair ORJJOS's ass is :(

I know, rite?!

Also:
[http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/BillyDeeGlover/Firefly.jpg]
My blawgh.
2011-01-12, 4:40 PM #23
This belongs in the red-letter-media thread, but I just have to say after reading that quote: The Original Trilogy was so ****ing good. The "bad guys" were all in a room discussing their various plots and evildoings, and Vader reminds them how they're just playing with toys. Ben talks about the force like it's a dangerous thing. The NT had every opportunity to show us why the force was such a significant and revered belief for anyone that used it, good or evil, and instead made it a "miniature-chlorine" power level.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-01-12, 4:41 PM #24
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
This isn't journalism, it's political propaganda.

The video was clearly labeled that it was a response to Fox News. You shouldn't fault Fox News for the video. However, it's also clear that whomever edited the video selected only the sides of the conversation that portray Fox News as bashing Amsterdam. O'Reilly's format is to generally have opinions on both sides of an issue. Although O'Reilly's intellect is often usurped by his emotions.

This one always grates on my nerves:

I still think you're being a man-child on that one. Seems a fair viewpoint although the video is mislabeled as an "obituary".

As for Fox News hilarity, I like the following:

Some CNN hilarity just to make this "Fair and Balanced".

"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-12, 4:42 PM #25
Woah what, what is going on here.
Mismashed posters and Star Wars discussion?
2011-01-12, 4:49 PM #26
Being offended by someone calling a dead guy an "irrelevant sacred cow" that is "such an unhappy man" for political points the day after his death is being a man-child?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-01-12, 4:53 PM #27
Evil lies for evil men.
2011-01-12, 5:31 PM #28
Being offended by someone calling a dead guy an "irrelevant sacred cow" that is "such an unhappy man" for political points the day after his death is being a man-child?

You're right. Girly-man may be more accurate.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-12, 5:36 PM #29
Oh god, those Rick Sanchez videos. He's as deserving of a slap in the face in those videos as O'Reilly gets sometimes.
2011-01-12, 5:38 PM #30
Boy I can't wait for Fox News to explain how it's okay for a rich white woman to compare her failing political ambitions to Jewish persecution.
2011-01-12, 5:42 PM #31
Arguing about major american news media is not only old and annoying, but it's also stupid. Just plain stupid. It's not even rearranging deck chairs on the titanic, it's arguing about the current arrangement of deck chairs on the titanic as it sits rotting at the bottom of the ocean. It's arguing about whose **** stinks less. It's comparing lists of babies you've killed and arguing you're a better person than the other guy because your list is shorter.
Warhead[97]
2011-01-12, 5:47 PM #32
I'm tired of it too. The answer is clear: it's time for Newscorp to go away.
2011-01-12, 6:01 PM #33

I assure you I have the fairest of asses, and it's lovably well balanced too. :tfti:
2011-01-12, 6:03 PM #34
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I'm tired of it too. The answer is clear: it's time for Newscorp to go away.

[http://redcouch.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c6ba253ef012875d472e4970c-800wi]

"No brah, I don't think so"
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-01-12, 6:05 PM #35
Oh god, those Rick Sanchez videos. He's as deserving of a slap in the face in those videos as O'Reilly gets sometimes.

Well, he did get canned for calling Stewart a racist or something.

2011-01-12, 6:16 PM #36
Originally posted by Wookie06:
You're right. Girly-man may be more accurate.

You're such a wise and intellectual person, now I see your point clearly.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-01-12, 6:20 PM #37
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
I assure you I have the fairest of asses, and it's lovably well balanced too. :tfti:

I believe the word your looking for is callipygian. And that should settle all disputes in this thread.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-01-12, 6:33 PM #38
You're such a wise and intellectual person, now I see your point clearly.

In all seriousness, I clearly articulated my view on the matter the first time you posted that video. It's a fair viewpoint of a trouble personality. It's also not an obituary. It was simply one of many stories on the man's death and the fact that you can't tolerate it seems to indicate that you are overly sensitive, for some reason, with regards to the subject.

2011-01-12, 6:52 PM #39
So if it's not an obituary, politically charged character attacks can pass as news as long as the subject was "troubled?" Besides, the final phrase that defines his age when he died along with a photo and the bookends of his life pretty much implies that it was an obituary. An inflammatory, politically slanted obituary. If calling that poor taste makes me effeminate, oh well. I pretty much hated Jerry Falwell and celebrated his death personally and amongst friends who agreed, but I'd still consider a news station's inflammatory obituary of the guy out of line and offensive even if I did agree with every word. It's just not appropriate for an organization that claims to provide objective and pertinent information to make political points out of a guy's death without acknowledging their obvious bias.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-01-12, 7:50 PM #40
Oh, I just noticed that you posted an edited version with commentary. I'm pretty sure you posted a "clean" version before. I personally find it intellectually offensive to post edited videos to prove your point although I see the original video you posted was "removed by user". I know some people find truth offensive. I'm sorry the real Kurt Vonnegut was not as perfect as yours.

↑ Up to the top!