Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fair & balanced... MY ASS
Fair & balanced... MY ASS
2011-01-14, 3:11 PM #81
How so?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-14, 3:17 PM #82
The "debate" isn't a debate so much as worthless bickering. It's usually two idiots that have no idea what they're talking about, or one idiot against one really smart person who isn't allowed to speak. For example, see any time Fox has had an atheist on any show.

The reason they have "opposing viewpoints" is to give the illusion that they're showing both sides of the story, but that's rarely what really happens.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2011-01-14, 4:02 PM #83
Originally posted by Emon:
The "debate" isn't a debate so much as worthless bickering.

To be fair, though, practically all news shows that feature multiple sides to a particular issue could fit that description.

Originally posted by Emon:
It's usually two idiots that have no idea what they're talking about, or one idiot against one really smart person who isn't allowed to speak.

Well, I showed examples in the Megyn Kelly thread where her arguments fell on deaf ears with O'Reilly. I've already expressed opinions [you despise] on the matter. I certainly understand not people not liking opinion shows of a certain nature. I only semi-regularly watch O'Reilly and generally don't watch Hannity. I don't dislike either but I really have never preferred Hannity's presentation (radio or TV). I actually liked it more when it was Hannity and Colmes.

I believe their "hard news" shows are better than the competition. Hard news would be things like Special Report and Fox News Sunday. Neil Cavuto and Greta Van Susteran I believe have good shows. Shepard Smith is far from a right wing ideologue and he owns two hours a day. Also, as I showed in the other thread, Megyn Kelly hosts an excellent show daily. Their "soft news" shows, basically morning shows meant to entertain, are decent but some more hilarity can be found there. They were fooled by an Onion story once and there's the infamous "Alien sex simulator" example although I feel that is unfairly characterized.

Also, can anyone find clips where Fox News reported about, I believe, ham sandwiches banned from school lunches and, I guess, there is another one about a 100 page Obama letter to the nation? It appears they have been taken down.

edited because I inadvertently left a clip that did not show what I thought it would.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-14, 4:08 PM #84
Originally posted by Wookie06:
I believe their "hard news" shows are better than the competition.

No one who's seriously interested in accurate news watches Fox, ever. The Christian Science Monitor for example, is a highly acclaimed paper for world news because of it's high degree of accuracy, neutrality and lack of sensationalism. It's so good that intelligence agencies (CIA, etc) actually use it as a source of information because it's better than news wires. No one in intelligence would ever watch Fox.

You seem to have the attitude that the rest of us are advocating CNN or CNBC or some garbage. Far from it, although they are a huge cut above Fox in quality of journalism.

Jon's right. The people who watch Fox are the people who want to watch more of what they already agree with. You don't think Fox has bias because you aren't competent enough to spot the bias.
2011-01-14, 4:10 PM #85
Now you're just being silly.

2011-01-14, 4:14 PM #86
If I had to guess, you have no idea what the CS Monitor is (you wouldn't be familiar with real journalism) and think it's some Christian Science fundie paper and that I'm trolling.

That's extremely sad.
2011-01-14, 4:21 PM #87
No, I know the Christian Science Monitor is a well respected liberal rag. I was referring to your other comments.

2011-01-14, 6:34 PM #88
No, I know the Christian Science Monitor is a well respected liberal rag. I was referring to your other comments.

Oh good God.

You're just trolling now. Stop it.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2011-01-14, 6:42 PM #89
Careful, dalf's in one of his drinking moods again. You don't want to be on the receiving end of that binge.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2011-01-14, 7:04 PM #90
Originally posted by dalf:
Oh good God.

No, really, Pat Gray said that on the Glenn Beck radio show. Or maybe it was Stu.

2011-01-14, 7:40 PM #91
Originally posted by dalf:
Oh good God.

Of course. He's already admitted it in the LOL Canada thread.
2011-01-14, 7:59 PM #92
"LOL Canada" is a joke. People like you consider jokes to be trolling. I don't think Dalf is like you.

2011-01-14, 8:57 PM #93
Or you know... maybe it's both.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2011-01-16, 12:41 PM #94
Wow. I'm sure somebody here will find this hilarious but I was shocked that a loon got so close to a former president at an event such as this. I was not a news junkie back when this would have been on the air.

2011-01-16, 1:12 PM #95
Gosh, am I going to be the only one posting examples of media hilarity? This one always make me laugh and, at the same time, feel guilty for laughing:

2011-01-16, 1:24 PM #96
The growls of pain sound kind of fake... the fall looked real though.

Reagan being assaulted is not really funny, however, the way they grab that protester is totally hilarious.

Well Wookie, we sure can't complain you didn't contribute to the thread. I loved that clip where O'Reilly lost it.
2011-01-16, 1:29 PM #97
Gosh, am I going to be the only one posting examples of media hilarity? This one always make me laugh and, at the same time, feel guilty for laughing:

Every Fox News video is hilarious, and then I feel bad for laughing at what is entirely evil and something that should be fought against.
2011-01-16, 3:09 PM #98
Tibby, I hate to break it to ya', but I don't think anyone takes you serious anymore. Actually, I think it's fair to say that even I have more credibility than you here now.

Then again, some people did like your parroted anti-Palin propaganda so you might still have a few supporters here.

2011-01-16, 3:12 PM #99
So I tried to upload a video to Youtube that was a news clip I came across years ago. It was rejected due to: "The video may have been rejected due to a Terms of Use or copyright violation. Please review our Terms of Use and Copyright FAQ for more information."

Really? So how is any video other than original content or videos one owns the intellectual rights to appropriate on that site? Oh well, you all would have liked it.

2011-01-16, 5:58 PM #100
No one cares anymore, go away.
2011-01-16, 7:04 PM #101
No one has ever cared.
2011-01-16, 7:09 PM #102
Aye it's just lolfox as usual. You have a chuckle at it and move on
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-01-17, 1:07 AM #103
I always find these good for a few laughs:

Language Warning

2011-01-17, 2:19 AM #104
I'm pretty sure I've seen someone acting like you once as part of a satire sketch, the whole "Debate about something that I follow mindlessly? NO LOOK AT THIS" thing.
2011-01-17, 7:20 AM #105
... the what?

lol @ Andrew Dice Clay
2011-01-17, 10:48 AM #106
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
... the what?

He's just angry because he hates Fox News even though it is a network from another country that he never watches and I keep posting media hilarity, including several Fox News clips, rather than debate Fox News.

2011-01-17, 11:05 AM #107
It's because you're obviously trolling.
2011-01-17, 12:14 PM #108
Oh, yeah, so obviously.

2011-01-17, 12:26 PM #109
i think this thread can be nicely summed up thusly:

Quote:
Jon'C: Yes you are!

Wookie06: No i'm not!

Emon: Yes you are!

Wookie06: Heres a video!

Jon'C: Ye...

Tibby: BLAHHHRHAAGGH!!!!!

Wookie06:... No im not.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-01-17, 12:42 PM #110
Yeah, but I only slightly even acknowledge the accusation. Repeatedly denying it might lend credence to the accusation. Not that I care, if I'm trolling by posting on-topic videos that's fine by me!

2011-01-17, 12:46 PM #111
^fixed
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-01-17, 1:41 PM #112
Not just this thread. Every thread related to politics, you push and jab and then backpedal when someone calls you out on your complete bull****.
2011-01-17, 2:10 PM #113
:carl:

Grow up dude. Just because I post in a thread, any thread, you don't have to make it about me. I've been quite contributive, rational, and jovial as of late.

Also, "backpedal"? Really? I lol every time you post that about me.

2011-01-17, 2:18 PM #114
Well, if you're trolling, you're not doing a good job, because I've yet to see something that pisses me off. :v:
2011-01-17, 2:45 PM #115
Grow up dude. Just because I post in a thread, any thread, you don't have to make it about me.

I don't. You always bring up some nonsense and never let it go.

I lol every time you post that about me.

Because you do it SO MUCH. In this thread you responded with knee jerk bull**** about how Fox is actually good. Then you back off and post silly things that Fox has had on air. Equivalent to "oh haha, see I am silly too! Hey guys do people like me yet?"

You're basically Tibby in ~30 years, but not as smart.
2011-01-17, 3:39 PM #116
LOL, you're so delusional. Relax dude, just go with the flow.

2011-01-17, 3:42 PM #117
You guys always have the best threads when I'm too busy w/ real life. I sure as **** ain't readin' 3 pages of this **** before I make a reply.

P.S. FoxWatch.
? :)
2011-01-17, 3:43 PM #118
Your so vain you probably think this post is NOT about you don't you.
2011-01-17, 4:18 PM #119
LOL, you're so delusional.

Says the guy who thinks Fox is journalism.

Relax dude, just go with the flow.

I'm quite relaxed. I just don't like every potentially interesting political thread being **** on all the time.
2011-01-17, 8:17 PM #120
Originally posted by Mentat:
You guys always have the best threads when I'm too busy w/ real life. I sure as **** ain't readin' 3 pages of this **** before I make a reply.

All you're really missing are the videos. The textual content doesn't really consist of anything more than Orange Juice not liking O'Reilly's views on Amsterdam and the rest of the Fox News haters hating Fox News. Other than that, this thread is supposed to be about media hilarity and posting examples thereof.

↑ Up to the top!