Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Android phones?
Android phones?
2011-01-17, 7:12 AM #41
I've got an ancient HTC Hero which does me well enough, it barfed a few weeks back so I finally updated to the 2.3 I think it is and seems to work even better now. Think it was the first Android phone Sprint offered. I was wanting to upgrade to the new 4G one they have but I guess the advertised feature of tethering with the data plan was a lie that they corrected after a while so it's now 30$ extra a month. For that I can get a cellular broadband plan with Verizon with probably better coverage since I've got a 3G card in my netbook anyway.

I tend to use my phone as an agenda, mobile teller, email/SMS, web, and a few other things. Actually /calling/ people is a bit uncommon. :o
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2011-01-17, 10:13 AM #42
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Took it back. Smart phones aren't my thing apparently. Can't justify the expense based on what it does.

Explain/clarify
2011-01-17, 10:58 AM #43
Originally posted by x25064:
Explain/clarify

It's not too complicated. If he doesn't need to get emails "right away," if he doesn't drive and need a GPS in your pocket, and if he doesn't have a compulsion to watch youtube videos at any given moment of the day, then it is pretty expensive.

If he texts, calls people, and is looking to not spend a lot of money, a simpler phone is for him.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2011-01-17, 12:49 PM #44
Oh never mind I must have read it incorrectly.

Idk, considering the amount of data I use per month, I definitely get my money's worth out of my plan.
2011-01-17, 3:19 PM #45
I don't even text. I rarely call people. I mostly got it so that I could use the internet in Alaska this summer. But I realized itd be cheaper just to pay the internet company up there for 5 months.

o.0

↑ Up to the top!