Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thank God for football.
Thank God for football.
2011-08-11, 6:57 PM #41
Wow, Tim Tebow is awful.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-08-12, 10:10 AM #42
Originally posted by Anakin9012:
Florida's offense should improve with Charlie Weis as OC. I don't think it can really be any worse than last year.
Charlie Weis thinks two things. Pass, and never punt. I think Florida's offense can actually benefit from him.
>>untie shoes
2011-08-12, 3:55 PM #43
Originally posted by Antony:
Charlie Weis thinks two things. Pass, and never punt. I think Florida's offense can actually benefit from him.

Better than running a dive play every time.
2011-08-12, 4:57 PM #44
I haven't really kept up with the news, but is Brett Farve finally retired or is he going to have another change of mind?
2011-08-12, 10:22 PM #45
Things to learn from football: Strategy, sportsmanship, teamwork, physical fitness, leadership.

There's probably more I cant think of at the moment.

Rob, my clan is better than yours, even if it doesnt exist anymore.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2011-08-13, 7:56 AM #46
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Things to learn from football: Strategy, sportsmanship, teamwork, physical fitness, leadership.

Indeed, and not only that, it's just a straight up exercise in probability and statistics some times. Every single down and distance has probabilities associated with that coaches look at. Just like baseball, there are advanced metrics in football that require quite the investment to figure out and would definitely make one a "more enlightened" person.

Again, it all boils down to that we can learn from anything, but you can only learn well if it has some value to you. Clearly strategy, sportsmanship, teamwork, physical fitness, and leadership have no value to JM, so he gets nothing out of football.

Originally posted by Cloud:
I haven't really kept up with the news, but is Brett Farve finally retired or is he going to have another change of mind?

Yes, yes he's gone. Although this quote was kind of funny:
"“I don’t have that feeling, that chip on my shoulder,” said Favre, the NFL’s all-time leader in numerous passing categories. “I mean, I could easily talk myself into that chip on my shoulder like, ‘Hey everybody hates you,’ … I could motivate myself.”
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-08-13, 7:56 PM #47
Favre's last play:

2011-08-14, 6:51 AM #48
Remember that time that the Browns spanked the defending Superbowl champions in the first preseason game?
>>untie shoes
2011-08-14, 8:45 AM #49
Remember that time that the Browns spanked the defending Superbowl champions in the first preseason game?

Preseason games don't matter. But all the same, I'm glad the Packers lost. :D
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2011-08-14, 9:49 AM #50
Originally posted by Cloud:

He's not coming back, he's just an attention whore.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-08-14, 12:00 PM #51
Originally posted by Yecti:
Preseason games don't matter. But all the same, I'm glad the Packers lost. :D

I was just happy to see the Browns win against the Packers. As I've said before..... Peeeeeeeeeyton Hillis!
>>untie shoes
2011-08-15, 12:58 PM #52
I was just happy to see the Browns win against the Packers. As I've said before..... Peeeeeeeeeyton Hillis!

I echo this sentiment, as the last time the Packers lost to the Browns in preseason, we won the Super Bowl! WOOOOOO

BTW, I think Peyton Hills is gonna have a veeeeeeery good year. Probably will end up being a sleeper pick for me in fantasy. The Browns might actually be interesting to watch this year.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-08-15, 2:58 PM #53
They were looking pretty damned good the other night. I'm interested to see what they do. Their schedule is ridiculous, though. I have no idea why literally all but one of their division games are right at the end of the season.
>>untie shoes
2011-08-15, 3:27 PM #54
How bout dem Bengals!

:carl:
2011-08-15, 6:02 PM #55
Jake Locker looked pretty good in his debut. Christian Ponder looked relatively poised. He did not seem as sporadic and easily flustered as Webb, but with a no name supporting cast late in the game its hard to say what he could accomplish chemistry wise with the offensive starters of the Vikings.
2011-08-16, 1:16 AM #56
I'm takin the Browns to the superbowl, baby!
2011-08-16, 6:23 AM #57
I see what you did there, Snake:P
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-08-16, 2:55 PM #58
The AFC is really, really tough this year. As much as I'd love to call a Ravens Super Bowl this year, it's hard to do so when they've got the toughest division in football, with the Browns stepping their game up, and so much competition in the other divisions in the playoffs. Luckily they've got the NFC West to steamroll through the season, if it comes down to Wild-Card. I'd love a Ravens/Packers superb owl though.

They've gotten a lot of crap for their offseason moves (especially getting rid of Heap), but they're going younger and faster to replace a lot of the lamer vets. (Derrick Mason, especially)

I think they'll do well, but it's too early to tell.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2011-08-16, 3:20 PM #59
Yeah fishstickz they're the division to watch this year. I mean, the Steelers and Ravens are always pretty tough. The Browns seem to actually understand how to run an offense, and then the Bengals are ****e.
>>untie shoes
2011-08-18, 11:43 AM #60
It's not just tough as in difficult, but tough on the teams as well. All three teams are moving towards a heavy ground game, and the defensive line and running backs are going to just get pummeled.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!