Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
2011-10-01, 8:38 AM #1
Anyone else playing the BF3 beta? Been playing it for the last few days and enjoying it. I don't really have much to say about it since it's beta and you can only play 1 map with no vehicles.. but I do like when you enter the metro area and it sort of brings the fight indoors which I think is something new that bf bc2 and bf1943 didn't do.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-10-01, 8:39 AM #2
Yes, the lack of indoor combat was the best thing about the previous battlefield games.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-01, 8:44 AM #3
It's a nice change, but in general the map is kinda small and doesn't offer too much roaming around even outdoors.
2011-10-01, 8:46 AM #4
Yeah, I don't like the smallish nature of the map. I played it for a few hours and haven't picked it up since. I wanted Battlefield, not Call of Duty.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-01, 8:53 AM #5
I played that in Alpha. I'm kinda sad they disappointed they didn't use a different map.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-10-01, 9:07 AM #6
Just how much of the destruction malarkey from bad company is in it?
nope.
2011-10-01, 9:08 AM #7
Originally posted by Antony:
Yeah, I don't like the smallish nature of the map. I played it for a few hours and haven't picked it up since. I wanted Battlefield, not Call of Duty.

My thoughts exactly. I just could not get into it. Not to mention on the PS3 there were just so many bugs, like people with their bodies halfway underground. Also the 30FPS was starting to make me mad, but maybe I'm just getting used to PC gaming again.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-10-01, 9:31 AM #8
Oh don't worry, buck, it is buggy as hell on the 360 too.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-01, 11:12 AM #9
Same thing on PC, a little strange considering I thought it was supposed to be released in 25 days. The menu is rather interesting instead of being in game it's actually on a website through your browser. With a whole facebook thing going on.
2011-10-01, 11:20 AM #10
So basically you're saying that it was a faithful port to all systems. :D
2011-10-01, 4:16 PM #11
Ugh.
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2011-10-01, 7:25 PM #12
They had 7 classes in Battlefield 2, maybe even 8 if you count commander mode, how the **** did they merge them into 4. I play battlefield 2 all the time still with my cousin we and have a blast, I still play 1942 is this 24/7 battle of midway server, but this game isnt worth my money or time
2011-10-01, 11:05 PM #13
Originally posted by Couchman:
They had 7 classes in Battlefield 2, maybe even 8 if you count commander mode, how the **** did they merge them into 4. I play battlefield 2 all the time still with my cousin we and have a blast, I still play 1942 is this 24/7 battle of midway server, but this game isnt worth my money or time

They made the guy who carries the big machine gun, midsized machine gun, and small smg the same guy... you just have to choose the weapon instead of the class. :rolleyes:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2011-10-02, 4:14 AM #14
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
They made the guy who carries the big machine gun, midsized machine gun, and small smg the same guy... you just have to choose the weapon instead of the class. :rolleyes:

COOL, I suppose in the next World of Warcraft expansion they will merge the mage, priest, and warlock classes because they can all cast spells, you just have to chose what new talent tree/spell book you want to use instead of the class.

Battlefield 2 had 7 classes for a 6 man squad, you had to figure out what combination worked for not only your players but also for the map. This also tells you that no matter what no squad can utilize every class in the game..hinting at the idea that teamwork must go deeper than your squad and that squads must work together as apart of a larger team. Also the fact that you know the classes by what size gun they carry and not their role on a team tells me you haven't spent much time playing the game. Why the hell would it be good that one single person can now do more by doubling his abilities when the entire point of the game is to work as a team with each players unique set of skills?

Also the fact that the "Assault (Medic)" class can CHOOSE not to have a revive kit and instead have a grenade launcher is ****ing stupid. Do you know how many retards are going to take a grenader launcher instead of playing their role as a healer/reviver? A lot. Wish we still had unmerged classes, so the assault weapons do about 25% more damage than others and medics still reviving people so the ticket isn't waste from their death.
2011-10-02, 8:28 AM #15
I sense that you have a lot of rage, couchman.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-10-02, 8:59 AM #16
COOL, I suppose in the next World of Warcraft expansion they will merge the mage, priest, and warlock classes because they can all cast spells, you just have to chose what new talent tree/spell book you want to use instead of the class.

Battlefield 2 had 7 classes for a 6 man squad, you had to figure out what combination worked for not only your players but also for the map. This also tells you that no matter what no squad can utilize every class in the game..hinting at the idea that teamwork must go deeper than your squad and that squads must work together as apart of a larger team. Also the fact that you know the classes by what size gun they carry and not their role on a team tells me you haven't spent much time playing the game. Why the hell would it be good that one single person can now do more by doubling his abilities when the entire point of the game is to work as a team with each players unique set of skills?

Also the fact that the "Assault (Medic)" class can CHOOSE not to have a revive kit and instead have a grenade launcher is ****ing stupid. Do you know how many retards are going to take a grenader launcher instead of playing their role as a healer/reviver? A lot. Wish we still had unmerged classes, so the assault weapons do about 25% more damage than others and medics still reviving people so the ticket isn't waste from their death.

The class system is about the same as it was in Bad Company 2, and it worked just fine in that. I have a few hundred hours of play time in Battlefield 2, and I can tell you that I am not concerned in the least about the classes in BF3.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-02, 11:42 AM #17
Ive never played a Battlefield game, but im torrenting the beta right now.

Any tips for a first time Battlefield platey?
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-10-02, 11:45 AM #18
Why the hell would you... You know what... nevermind.

Whatever you do, don't get the beta via origin like you're supposed to. Just torrent it and then complain that it doesn't work.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-02, 11:55 AM #19
Dude I was gunna. But then it was like, "Sing up" and I was like, "**** that ****"

Is that what you wanted to hear?

x5whatever is right, you really do need to die in a fire...
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-10-02, 12:01 PM #20
Ok, feel free to torrent it. I just thought it was one of those things where by downloading it you actually wanted to play it. I guess I was wrong.

I'm still not going to go die in a fire, though. I'm not sure many people would actually take that advice.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-02, 2:14 PM #21
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Ive never played a Battlefield game, but im torrenting the beta right now.

Are you slow or something? I really want to understand your thought process when trying out this beta.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-10-02, 3:21 PM #22

I'd like to get into an intelligent debate here but then I saw that you just compared WoW to Battlefield and realized it wasnt possible.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2011-10-02, 5:46 PM #23
too much rage here.
2011-10-02, 6:08 PM #24
Originally posted by Antony:
Yes, the lack of indoor combat was the best thing about the previous battlefield games.

I'm pretty sure Vietnam had that.

Also, does it stand up to TF2 in price or fun yet?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-10-02, 6:21 PM #25
no, yes
Wait is that guy trying to play it... without origin?
ahhaah
Also the GL is kinda underpowered and harder to get points with then the revive thingy.
2011-10-02, 7:01 PM #26
It runs like absolute ****.
2011-10-02, 7:04 PM #27
on what?
2011-10-02, 8:16 PM #28
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I just played a few rounds on the 360 and loved it. Seems like a modern day Battlefield 2142, which I approve of.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2011-10-02, 8:19 PM #29
Originally posted by Trigger Happy Chewie:
It runs like absolute ****.

Smooth as glass for me (Core i5 750, 5870).
woot!
2011-10-02, 8:59 PM #30
I hope they do 2143 next, titan mode owned.
Also it's smooth as hell for me on a slighter better comp then JLees (6950 instead)
2011-10-02, 9:16 PM #31
Originally posted by Tibby:
Wait is that guy trying to play it... without origin?
ahhaah

It's adorable isn't it?
>>untie shoes
2011-10-03, 10:25 AM #32
Apparently on Saturday they had some servers opened up and you could play another level with a tank (Buddy from work telling me this) The server admin also leveled everyone in the game up so they could have all the weapons... *******!
2011-10-03, 10:43 AM #33
And then they closed it and we all cried.
2011-10-03, 11:20 AM #34
Originally posted by zanardi:
Apparently on Saturday they had some servers opened up and you could play another level with a tank (Buddy from work telling me this) The server admin also leveled everyone in the game up so they could have all the weapons... *******!

No, they didn't. In fact, if you played on those servers, there's a high chance you'll get your EA account banned. Yes, your whole account, and you lose the ability to play any other games on that account that you may have purchased. Anyone who played on these "hacked" servers runs the risk of being banned. It's effing ridiculous. They're not banning people from the beta, or the game, but from their legally purchased games on their entire EA account!
2011-10-03, 11:22 AM #35
That might not really be the case CM. The forum post that said that was removed. It was probably someone saying a bit too much. So probably not a very "high chance" you'll get your EA account banned.
2011-10-03, 11:36 AM #36
Does Origin suck or not?

I just don't want to move away from the comfortable nest called Steam.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-10-03, 11:51 AM #37
Cool Matty will be here in a few minutes to tell you why it is everything terrible in the world, Echoman.

EDIT: I also downloaded the PC version of the beta. It's infinitely better than the 360 version, and runs just fine on my computer. I'm running a Phenom X2 550 3.10Ghz with 4 gigs of ram and a Radeon HD 5670.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-03, 11:56 AM #38
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Does Origin suck or not?

I just don't want to move away from the comfortable nest called Steam.

Compared to steam, I think it sucks. But I was able to take my cd key from ME2 (from steam) and add it to my games on origins. Was unsuccessful with battlefield bc2.
2011-10-03, 12:03 PM #39
I wish Brian was here to talk about how Steam is the end of PC gaming. That was always good for some lulz.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-03, 12:14 PM #40
Origin is total ****, forever.

↑ Up to the top!