Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Android users
Android users
2011-10-23, 10:03 AM #41
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I have to remove the engine that came with my 1986 Geo Metro with 300k miles, and replace it with another, potentially far less reliable version, in order to fully use my car.
wow.

Of course, that's just icing on top of the fact that you think your phone is not fully usable. It still has all the functionality it had when you bought it, and more. You have literally nothing to complain about. Your entire argument rides on the concept that you think your phone should last longer than smartphones actually last. If that's a problem for you, don't buy a goddamn smartphone.

wait... you drive an 86 Geo Metro?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2011-10-23, 10:12 AM #42
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
wait... you drive an 86 Geo Metro?

It's so old, he got it 3 years before they even existed!
2011-10-23, 10:19 AM #43
i don't know when the geo metro first went into production... i try to know as little about those fugly little ****boxes as possible

i just wanted to make sure CM was just joking about driving such a gay car
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2011-10-23, 11:03 AM #44
and all that bloatware can be removed after rooting

Not all of it, but close.

Shouldn't have to root to remove that **** though. I understand it's the carriers fault and not Android itself, but it still sucks ass. Hell, right now I have a "VZ Media Manager" app that keeps asking me to update...even though it isn't installed and there isn't anyway to install it.
2011-10-23, 4:05 PM #45

i just wanted to make sure CM was just joking about driving such a gay car

I used that car for maximum ridiculousness with my joke about tibby's absurdity. And yes, sorry, I meant 1989. Sue me for not knowing anything about such a terrible car.
2011-10-23, 4:20 PM #46
I used that car for maximum ridiculousness with my joke about tibby's absurdity. And yes, sorry, I meant 1989. Sue me for not knowing anything about such a terrible car.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2011-10-23, 6:26 PM #47
get a WP :ninja:

I've had my Samsung Omina WP7 for nearly a year now, got the mango update, works a treat, who needs new hardware :D
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2011-10-23, 7:40 PM #48
Does Windows Phone 7 have a non-crap browser on its market? The mango update really improved IE, but it still has a fair amount of bugs and issues.
2011-10-23, 7:44 PM #49
and all that bloatware can be removed after rooting

Not in all cases. Gingerbread for my DROID X, apparently, has Verizon's 3G Mobile Hotspot software woven into a core system service (a bit hazy on the details, unfortunately), which precludes its removal. As a result, whenever I started up something like Wireless Tether, Verizon's mobile hotspot software would spin up and redirect any tethered device to Verizon's "Hey, buy our tethering package!" page.

The key difference here from the iPhone is that I was able to say, "F*** that s***", SBF back to Froyo, and then install CM 7 with Gingerbread, on which Wireless Tether works like a dream. Eat it, Verizon.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2011-10-24, 8:59 AM #50
Does Windows Phone 7 have a non-crap browser on its market? The mango update really improved IE, but it still has a fair amount of bugs and issues.
Depends on your definition of a non-crap browser...

As it currently stands there is no browser available (that I'm aware of) on WP7 that isn't built on IE9.

There are other "browsers" available, but all they really offer are tweaks to IE9 UI, stuff like allowing you to view the tabs on the main screen, google search bar built in, that sorta thing.

I haven't come across anything yet that would make me want to switch browser on my WP, imo it's snappier than the browser on an iphone4 and when comparing side by side with the default browser on the Nexus S, it's very hard to notice a difference, other than on pages with Flash, which WP7 doesn't support in browser.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2011-10-24, 10:32 AM #51
[http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41063/Etc/emot-slick.gif]

error; function{getsig} returns 'null'

↑ Up to the top!