Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rick Perry makes a strong truthful statement.
Rick Perry makes a strong truthful statement.
2011-12-08, 12:17 PM #1

God Bless this man. :tfti:
2011-12-08, 12:38 PM #2
Silly Republicans.

I'm not on board with all of Obama's ideals, but I can't help shake the feeling that after his presidency is over, we will all be mightily boned. The Republicans are circling the drain, and before Obama, the best the Democrats could come up with was Kerry. It's like the children that were our future have all become incompetent short sighted marketing panelists.
2011-12-08, 12:51 PM #3
how can you possibly blame this on them
2011-12-08, 1:07 PM #4
I blame everything on children because I hate children. I hate children almost as much as I hate Christmas and Freedom.
>>untie shoes
2011-12-08, 1:17 PM #5
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I'm not on board with all of Obama's ideals, but I can't help shake the feeling that after his presidency is over, we will all be mightily boned.

I get this feeling too. It's like the only thought processes behind the way Americans vote is LAST FOUR YEARS BAD. ME VOTE OUT OLD PRESIDENT NOW. Despite the likelihood that voting a Republican into office is almost always against your best interest if you're just an individual.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-12-08, 1:21 PM #6
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Despite the likelihood that voting a Republican into office is almost always against your best interest if you're just an individual.

Nonsense. If you work at a dead-end job hard enough, you can eventually make a $500,000 a year.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-12-08, 1:45 PM #7
Nowhere to go from CEO, maaaaan.
nope.
2011-12-08, 2:03 PM #8
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Silly Republicans.

I'm not on board with all of Obama's ideals, but I can't help shake the feeling that after his presidency is over, we will all be mightily boned.

Hey everyone! He's got a feeling!
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2011-12-08, 2:13 PM #9
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I get this feeling too. It's like the only thought processes behind the way Americans vote is LAST FOUR YEARS BAD. ME VOTE OUT OLD PRESIDENT NOW. Despite the likelihood that voting a Republican into office is almost always against your best interest if you're just an individual.

I suppose that depends on how the SC[R]OTU[M]S define "individual" (e.g., corporation &/or people).
? :)
2011-12-08, 2:47 PM #10
hey that one senate bill passed
the one where the president can use the military to arrest whoever he wants indefinitely for any reason
2011-12-08, 2:53 PM #11
Well I suppose that's better than just snuffing them, which is what we've been doing.
>>untie shoes
2011-12-08, 3:04 PM #12
it's for us citizens too
2011-12-08, 3:47 PM #13
Pretty sure that bill, as passed, contains a new section stating that it doesn't change any laws about authority over citizens. I could be wrong though, there's a million different versions everyone thinks are the real one.
Warhead[97]
2011-12-08, 4:30 PM #14
[http://i.imgur.com/TuQkM.jpg]
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-12-08, 7:44 PM #15
But really, I wish Rick would go away. Texans should be forbidden from the White House.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-12-08, 7:53 PM #16
2011-12-08, 8:17 PM #17
Jeb Bush should run, except he married a mexican.
2011-12-08, 8:28 PM #18
The funny thing is, he's now acting like a Republican from 4 years ago. Just ***** about faith based "issues" that you have no chance whatsoever of changing. Get the Christian nutjobs on your side.
>>untie shoes
2011-12-08, 8:41 PM #19
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
But really, I wish Rick would go away. Texans should be forbidden from the White House.

also murderers
2011-12-09, 4:40 AM #20
Can someone explain why your politicians have to always "approve" what they've just said?
nope.
2011-12-09, 5:02 AM #21
To distinguish from third party messages not endorsed or approved by them.

-Political campaigning is the worst, most complex thing about living in a democratic republic.
2011-12-09, 5:18 AM #22
Political campaigning should be illegal. It's all a ruse anyway.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2011-12-09, 5:44 AM #23
But you gotta have something of the sort, in order for the voters to know who they're voting for. That's why I say worst and most complex.

-Anyways, Rick Perry is a vegetable, he doesn't even stand a chance against the crazy libertarian and the mormon nobody wants to vote for.
2011-12-09, 6:51 AM #24
I don't think that we can count even vegetables out after 8 years in the Bushes.
2011-12-09, 7:12 AM #25
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Can someone explain why your politicians have to always "approve" what they've just said?

Because this one time a party ran fake ads, I'm not sure if it's law or not but it's basically saying "Yes, I made this, this is me, This is not the other party or someone unconnected with me"
2011-12-09, 7:31 AM #26
Originally posted by Mentat:
I don't think that we can count even vegetables out after 8 years in the Bushes.

Rick Perry makes George W. Bush look like George Washington Carver. He really is that stupid.
2011-12-09, 9:07 AM #27
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Rick Perry makes George W. Bush look like George Washington Carver. He really is that stupid.

I wouldn't go that far. At the very least, he's far more charismatic and eloquent than Bush was. Really, than either Bush, but Papa just had an annoying voice rather than walking around with both feet in his mouth.

-Speaking of, shame the Cain Train completely derailed. At the rate things were going, who knows what would have bubbled to the surface from his past next?
2011-12-10, 12:59 PM #28
rick perry is such a tool... that is all.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-12-10, 1:30 PM #29
So why is it that Obama is the best looking presidential candidate for next term when all he's done is keep his mouth shut?

There needs to be a way to force a "reroll" of candidates. Sorry, you all suck, time to bring out some other people. You can try again next term when people have forgotten how insane you are.
2011-12-10, 2:42 PM #30
vote 3rd party
haha
2011-12-10, 6:43 PM #31
Originally posted by Tibby:
Because this one time a party ran fake ads, I'm not sure if it's law or not but it's basically saying "Yes, I made this, this is me, This is not the other party or someone unconnected with me"

This is not remotely true at all.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2011-12-10, 6:55 PM #32
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
So why is it that Obama is the best looking presidential candidate for next term when all he's done is keep his mouth shut?

There needs to be a way to force a "reroll" of candidates. Sorry, you all suck, time to bring out some other people. You can try again next term when people have forgotten how insane you are.

We actually have something like this. It's called a brokered convention, and it could happen this cycle if the primaries fail to produce an outright winner.
2011-12-10, 7:08 PM #33
Yeah, but I don't want them to just reconsider the other candidates. I want them thrown out, ineligible for candidacy for a term. YOU SUCKED, GAME OVER, BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

And yes I know this is unrealistic. Doesn't mean I can't wish for it anyway.
2011-12-10, 8:11 PM #34
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
And yes I know this is unrealistic. Doesn't mean I can't wish for it anyway.
'Unrealistic' is one problem with your idea. Another problem with your idea is that Republican candidates are all stupid and crazy because you'd need to be stupid and crazy to want the job, so getting rid of the current batch wouldn't really change anything.
2011-12-11, 6:40 AM #35
Originally posted by Jon`C:
...is that candidates are all stupid and crazy because you'd need to be stupid and crazy to want the job

Fixed that for you.
2011-12-11, 9:37 AM #36
I think that Cain was the dumbest candidate of the bunch. Bachman & Paul are more crazy than stupid. Gingrich & Romney strike me as reasonably intelligent people that grasp the art of pandering.
2011-12-11, 10:12 AM #37
Rick Perry is as smart as a bag of rocks.
2011-12-11, 1:34 PM #38
Originally posted by Mentat:
I think that Cain was the dumbest candidate of the bunch. Bachman & Paul are more crazy than stupid. Gingrich & Romney strike me as reasonably intelligent people that grasp the art of pandering.

Cain isn't really all that stupid... he's just clueless. Perry is hilariously stupid. Bachmann and Paul are pretty crazy, and I couldn't agree more with you about Gingrich and Romney.
>>untie shoes
2011-12-11, 1:46 PM #39
Gingrich and Romney are reasonably intelligent people who are mainly running to advertise their services as business and political consultants.
2011-12-11, 1:57 PM #40
Isn't Bachmann the one who called for an end to masterbation or something like that? Holy **** I'de have a life sentence.

↑ Up to the top!