Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 2012 NFL Playoffs Thread
2012 NFL Playoffs Thread
2012-01-14, 6:11 PM #41
I shed a tear this afternoon.

(Lifelong Niner fan.)
2012-01-14, 6:22 PM #42
That Niners game was amazing. I was pulling for them just because it's been too long since the Niners mattered.

It's starting to look like Tebow is going for a career low in completions tonight. Let's see if he can go the rest of the game without completing one!
>>untie shoes
2012-01-14, 6:36 PM #43
Originally posted by Antony:
That Niners game was amazing. I was pulling for them just because it's been too long since the Niners mattered.

It's starting to look like Tebow is going for a career low in completions tonight. Let's see if he can go the rest of the game without completing one!

It baffles me how Denver just thinks that the option offense will work. You'd think that you'd give Bill Belichik, one of the greatest coaches of our time, at least a LITTLE benefit of the doubt enough to say "Hey, he's probably gonna scheme well against our super super amateur offense that a high schooler could run. We're gonna have to change it up". Like, this is the second game they are playing the Patriots, and they haven't changed their offense one bit. Guess that happens when you don't have an ACTUAL quarterback.

I am honestly hoping you guys end up winning this game 48-7. Can't stand the Patriots (although I'd still argue that discounting Rodgers, I would've taken Brady for MVP over Brees any day of the week), but I am all for you guys changing the course of ESPN. In fact, I don't give a **** anymore if the Patriots won the whole thing, because I hate Tim Tebow THAT much more than any other quarterback in the league. Probably because he's not a quarterback, and never will be. He's the best throwing fullback in the league.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2012-01-14, 6:38 PM #44
I also want the Patriots to win this by the largest margin possible. I want to actually be able to watch ESPN again.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-14, 6:46 PM #45
Jim Nantz: Brady has scored 4 touchdowns in the first half. No one has ever scored five touchdowns in the first half of a post-season game.

Tom Brady: Is thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat right?
>>untie shoes
2012-01-14, 7:00 PM #46
Jim Nantz: Brady has scored 4 touchdowns in the first half. No one has ever scored five touchdowns in the first half of a post-season game.

Tom Brady: Is thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat right?

Lol, I walked out to grab some food and had no clue they even scored that one.

Most excellent, moooooooooooooost excellent

2012-01-14, 9:24 PM #47
The Brady pooch punt on third down was really the icing on the cake. My dad tells me teams used to do this in hopeless third down situations to catch the other team without a returner, but I'm not sure I believe it. I'm pretty sure it was just Brady being an epic troll.

I do think the option offense may actually be a disguised bit of genius from John Fox. He has to know he's coaching a ****ty team. If he tries to compete with good teams in the usual way, by piling up yards and points, he's going to lose just about every time. So instead, he runs the clock, minimizes the number of possessions in the game, and says, "If we get a few lucky plays, we're going to make them count for as much as possible, and if we don't, who cares? We were never going to win anyway."

This is one of those games we were never going to win anyway.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-01-14, 9:42 PM #48
[http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/880527/waren2.gif]
2012-01-14, 9:44 PM #49
Tebow did not cry. I am disappoint.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-15, 3:06 PM #50
Oh hey. Ravens are in the AFC Championship again. LET'S SEE HOW THIS GOES.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2012-01-15, 3:17 PM #51
Packers don't look good. Man it would be so awesome if NY had to come to SF and play the Niners at home.
2012-01-15, 5:52 PM #52
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Packers

Season over

Fix'd.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2012-01-15, 6:29 PM #53
Alcohol poisoning coming right up!

Thanks Packers and your eight ****ing drops.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-01-16, 11:59 AM #54
Niners win the NFL.
2012-01-16, 2:06 PM #55
Giants, dude. They will troll their way to another Super Bowl, beat the Pats again, and Eli will cement himself as the better Manning.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-17, 11:50 AM #56
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Niners win the NFL.

This.
2012-01-17, 12:22 PM #57
[http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lol-tebow-respects-his-honesty.jpg]
2012-01-18, 12:43 AM #58
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjvXxwvg8mc&feature=player_embedded
2012-01-18, 5:29 AM #59
*****es be crazy. This is why women have no place in sports.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-01-22, 2:29 PM #60
Let's go pats!
2012-01-22, 3:37 PM #61
I don't care how they won, they did. I'm one step away from winning a hundred bucks.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-01-22, 3:42 PM #62
I think I'm about to kill myself. Seriously.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2012-01-22, 4:17 PM #63
That was kind of an underwhelming AFC title game. I got the result I wanted, so it's all good.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-22, 7:42 PM #64
Baltimore is going to the Super Bowl because we've decides the Patriots aren't allowed in Indy.
Cyclops was right
2012-01-22, 8:08 PM #65
Yeah, it would make sense that you'd be averse to teams that specialize in winning.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-22, 8:53 PM #66
Giants, dude. They will troll their way to another Super Bowl, beat the Pats again, and Eli will cement himself as the better Manning.

Also, remember when I said this?
>>untie shoes
2012-01-23, 2:58 AM #67
No.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-02-03, 2:59 PM #68
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FFiY7gJlYfA
>>untie shoes
2012-02-03, 11:02 PM #69
I guess I can bring myself to root for a Patriots loss, but I'm not sure my heart will really be in it.
2012-02-04, 11:15 PM #70
I honestly want the Giants to win, but I can't bring myself to root for them. I just feel like such a loser if I actively root for them.
>>untie shoes
2012-02-05, 8:55 AM #71
Money on the line. Rooting for the Pats.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-02-05, 12:30 PM #72
Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
Money on the line. Rooting for the Pats.

Me too, i've got money on the Pats and the under. But then I've also got a crazy alternate bet with the Giants by 6.5 that pays out +250. The way I see it, I see the Pats winning, but if they lose, the Giants will win pretty big.

Regardless, I'm very apathetic about this game. I'm still depressed from my Packers big choke performance....damnit....damnit....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2012-02-05, 10:41 PM #73
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Me too, i've got money on the Pats and the under. But then I've also got a crazy alternate bet with the Giants by 6.5 that pays out +250. The way I see it, I see the Pats winning, but if they lose, the Giants will win pretty big.

Regardless, I'm very apathetic about this game. I'm still depressed from my Packers big choke performance....damnit....damnit....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Looks like you lost. And you won. And you lost. And that last part, awesome. Your tears are delicious, mmmmmm.
2012-02-05, 10:48 PM #74
Yeah, suck it Pats.
2012-02-05, 11:48 PM #75
[http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bradypalm.jpg]
2012-02-05, 11:55 PM #76
why so sad, that last ball he threw really far!

↑ Up to the top!