Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Let's talk about life.
Let's talk about life.
2012-02-24, 2:07 AM #41
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
What the hell are you guys eating?

I just said I was in China. I have no idea what I'm eating.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2012-02-24, 6:36 AM #42
Originally posted by happydud:
I just said I was in China. I have no idea what I'm eating.

woof woof
2012-02-24, 9:10 AM #43
Wrong country.
nope.
2012-02-24, 9:19 AM #44
fml
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-02-24, 11:19 AM #45
I can't complain.
? :)
2012-02-25, 1:04 PM #46
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
I'm 24 years old and living alone supporting myself (with the help of some grants and a small student loan). I generally eat well and get plenty of exercise. My business is making a profit. I have a 3.6 GPA in the undergraduate engineering program of a top tier university. I'm single and hitting the town several nights a week having a blast meeting tons of people and being social for really the first time in my life.

Cool. What field of engineering?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-02-25, 1:20 PM #47
Originally posted by Ni:
I'm the protagonist in a soap opera.

I'm the protagonist in a hip-hopera.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-02-25, 2:11 PM #48
it's my birthday
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-02-25, 2:21 PM #49
[http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ludgate-alcohol1.gif]
2012-02-25, 2:37 PM #50
Whoever that is, she manages to be both unattractive and somewhat appealing at the same time.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-02-25, 2:55 PM #51
That's Aubrey Plaza, who plays April on Parks and Recreation. And yeah, I definitely get that.
2012-02-25, 3:19 PM #52
agreed
2012-02-25, 4:46 PM #53
Life is pretty lame right now. I'm coming off of anti-depressants and happen to be having a crappy week. It's because of a girl, term papers, and me being irresponsible though, not because I'm mentally unstable (so it's still an :awesome: ).

Also http://youtu.be/_XUxtXbXlMs . George Lopez sucks, but Aubrey is a babe.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2012-02-25, 10:32 PM #54
Life's pretty good. Working a ton, living in DC, etc.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2012-02-26, 12:33 AM #55
[http://www.reece-eu.net/gallery/var/albums/funny/what.jpg?m=1272638649]
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-02-26, 1:01 AM #56
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
Life is pretty lame right now. I'm coming off of anti-depressants and happen to be having a crappy week. It's because of a girl, term papers, and me being irresponsible though, not because I'm mentally unstable (so it's still an :awesome: ).

Also http://youtu.be/_XUxtXbXlMs . George Lopez sucks, but Aubrey is a babe.

I'm also having a crappy week for two of those three reasons.

I actually think Aubrey is adorable (and she seems like she'd be great fun to hang out with besides), but I get how someone might have the "ugly-hot" reaction if she's not their type.
2012-02-26, 1:21 AM #57
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrburger.png]
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/burgernyum.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-02-26, 2:18 AM #58
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Cool. What field of engineering?

Civil.

Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
Whoever that is, she manages to be both unattractive and somewhat appealing at the same time.

A problem easily solved with alcohol. And apparently she's one step ahead as she even brought some for you.

Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
Life is pretty lame right now... ...It's because of a girl...

So easily fixed. Meet new ones!
2012-02-26, 8:16 AM #59
I'm civil too!

Yay
2012-02-26, 8:17 AM #60
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
Civil.

chemical > electrical > mechanical > civil > industrial

haha jk civil's cool, easy shiz, go mix me up some concrete
2012-02-26, 8:32 AM #61
I love concrete.

But you forgot petroleum engineering.
2012-02-26, 7:03 PM #62
Go mechanical!
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2012-02-28, 2:45 PM #63
Am I the only one who gets really annoyed when different majors start debating, even casually and friendly, about which is "better"? It comes up every now and then around school and around town (college town) and I always eject from the convo ASAP. It just makes you look like a huge group of immature nerds.
2012-02-29, 2:35 PM #64
Can you really say Mechanical is "better" than, let's say, Electrical? I mean, apples and oranges?
2012-02-29, 2:59 PM #65
My brother is a welding engineer. He makes six figures and loves his job, so as far as I'm concerned, that's a good one.
>>untie shoes
2012-02-29, 3:00 PM #66
Well I've just moved into a new flat that overlooks a marina in Abingdon (just south of Oxford). Awesome flat, so much more room than what I was used to and it's great to get post addressed to Dr. :D

Started working for Schlumberger end of last year on the reservoir simulation side of things, it's more coding than I would have liked (with beta around the corner doesn't help) but working with a great bunch of people in a really good environment and the pay ain't half bad ;) I'll see how things pan out over the next few years, there is interesting physics going on and talking to others, I can see myself sticking around for a while.

In my social life, my girlfriend and I entered the 3rd year of our relationship and we are still doing great, she has just submitted her thesis and is likely to move in, that will be an interesting change. It has been a long distance relationship at times and then not so (while we were both out in Geneva), it'll be the test as to whether we take the next step...glup...or not.

All in all, considering I was living at home with my parents this time last year, bashing my head against a brick wall trying to finish my thesis and feeling pretty down in the dumps, things are a hell of a lot better :)
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2012-02-29, 3:31 PM #67
I thought electrical engineering was suppose to be the most prestigous
2012-02-29, 3:33 PM #68
It's harder, definitely, from Ive seen.

It has a lot more Indian students too.
2012-02-29, 3:51 PM #69
And more greasy dudes from what I can tell.

I wouldn't say electrical engineering is much harder than mechanical, but I suppose it depends on your strongs points. That said I never could get my head around digital logic involving latches and flip flops or whatever.
nope.
2012-02-29, 8:05 PM #70
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Can you really say Mechanical is "better" than, let's say, Electrical? I mean, apples and oranges?

Keyboards.
2012-02-29, 8:41 PM #71
Found out today that I slept through a tornado going through the area. o_O

Oh, and been working on going towards Computer Engineering major. Last semester (when I was a design major) I got into a shouting match with an instructor at the SIU art department, after she intentionally destroyed one of my artworks. That and the idiots that I was surrounded by, including the head of the department.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2012-02-29, 9:19 PM #72
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn:

I totally did that when the tornadoes came through my county last year, rock on.
2012-03-01, 8:34 AM #73
Originally posted by poley:
Well I've just moved into a new flat that overlooks a marina in Abingdon (just south of Oxford). Awesome flat, so much more room than what I was used to and it's great to get post addressed to Dr. :D

Started working for Schlumberger

Cooool. Congratulations, it's a great company... they offered me a field engineer position but had to turn it down because **** being in the middle of nowhere for months at a time. Compensation from SLB is amazing though as you probably know, within about $5K of what you'd get with an "actual" oil and gas company (vs. oilfield services) at least for process engineering positions. With the little I know about you and your work experience, I figured you'd go academia. If consulting doesn't work out, I'm either going to Halliburton or Baker.

Chemical engineering. Energy industry. Mmmm oil money. Annual salary of $100K+ for newly-minted chemE grads? Yes, please!
2012-03-01, 11:43 AM #74
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn:

Oh, and been working on going towards Computer Engineering major. Last semester (when I was a design major) I got into a shouting match with an instructor at the SIU art department, after she intentionally destroyed one of my artworks. That and the idiots that I was surrounded by, including the head of the department.

The students here in general are at least three times dumber than most other places in the country.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-03-01, 12:10 PM #75
Originally posted by ragna:
Cooool. Congratulations, it's a great company... they offered me a field engineer position but had to turn it down because **** being in the middle of nowhere for months at a time. Compensation from SLB is amazing though as you probably know, within about $5K of what you'd get with an "actual" oil and gas company (vs. oilfield services) at least for process engineering positions. With the little I know about you and your work experience, I figured you'd go academia. If consulting doesn't work out, I'm either going to Halliburton or Baker.

Chemical engineering. Energy industry. Mmmm oil money. Annual salary of $100K+ for newly-minted chemE grads? Yes, please!

I thought you were going to be a management consultant, or have you just been watching House of Lies?
>>untie shoes
2012-03-02, 4:53 PM #76
i like the picture of tommy lee jones
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!