Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Problem accessing jkhub.net (Now MOVED!)
Problem accessing jkhub.net (Now MOVED!)
2012-03-15, 2:27 PM #1
Hey, is there a problem with jkhub.net? I tried accessing it with several browsers and the server always drops the connection before the page has loaded (Connection reset).
2012-03-15, 2:34 PM #2
Hi. I get the same. :(
幻術
2012-03-15, 2:48 PM #3
Huh. Well let's hope it's just a server setting that needs fixing.

In the mean time can anyone link me to the ddraw wrapper for 64 bit windows?
2012-03-15, 3:00 PM #4
I'm pretty sure the problem is that Zeqmacaw is unreachable, and has no idea he needs to update the DNS information.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-03-15, 6:07 PM #5
Ah S***.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-03-15, 7:20 PM #6
Unfortunately since Zeq is not around, I am forced to move it to: http://jkhub.massassi.net/

You may access it there until such time that Zeq can make the necessary DNS changes. When that happens, this address will turn into a redirect.
2012-03-15, 9:35 PM #7
Phew.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-03-16, 2:03 AM #8
That was quick, thanks Matty.
2012-03-16, 4:34 AM #9
Awesome! Thanks Matty. :)
2012-03-16, 6:39 AM #10
Is there a way to get in touch with Giraffe, that is if he has such control of the web site cause I cannot log in no matter what anymore but at least the site is there.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2012-03-16, 6:40 AM #11
Ummmmm. . . . . anyone else having issues with logging in to the hub???
Myself, and Darth Dan for example. Whenever we try to log in we get booted off the site (takes us to jkhub.net/forums or something)
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2012-03-16, 7:06 AM #12
Oh, I can fix that. I didn't look at the forums, I just saw the main site was working.

I highly doubt that Giraffe has the necessary access to change the DNS name servers. It's a system completely not connected to our server or the website itself, so there's no real reason to have it. I would mean Zeq handed over his own username and password for the domain registrar.
2012-03-16, 7:17 AM #13
What's up with Zeq?
2012-03-16, 8:49 AM #14
I heard he got absorbed into WoW.

...yeah.

Also, I can log in now, it seems. =)
2012-03-16, 9:00 AM #15
I believe the site is fixed. I had to make like... 25 template edits (THANKS A LOT ZEQ, JESUS CHRIST MAN, THEY'RE CALLED CONSTANTS. USE THEM).

There's probably more pages that don't work, so if you find any, link me so I can fix them.
2012-03-16, 7:46 PM #16
Wow it works! A huge thanks Cool Matty! great job. I can actually login, this means alot to me and it sure means alot to Zero, Alran, Gibba, Stewie and the rest.. I dont think I need to name everybody, they know who they are.lol!

Edit: Edward especially, sorry Edward you should of been mentioned first.
2012-03-17, 1:13 PM #17
I tried to access the Project Manager on the top right corner of the Main page and it wont allow me to access it, it brings me out of the web site and my browser says it cannot connect or find page. Can you correct that in any way?
2012-03-17, 1:57 PM #18
This thread should be re-titled "How we tricked CoolMatty into maintaining JKHUB.net". :)
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-03-18, 9:04 AM #19
Has anyone here that uses JKHUB here having problems accessing the 'Project admin'? When I click on that feature it times out on my web Browser.:nonono:
2012-03-19, 4:19 AM #20
Those links are still pointing to to [url]www.jkhub.net[/url], I'll look into that now. Sorry guys, been rather busy lately and not paying any attention to the Hub. I don't have any access to the DNS registration as CM surmised, so can't do anything about that. As far as I knew, it was L4D that sucked Zeq in, not WoW
2012-03-19, 5:08 AM #21
That particular problem is now fixed. Good excuse to begin setting up this laptop to work on the site...
2012-03-19, 5:30 AM #22
Thanks, Giraffe. =)
2012-03-19, 4:18 PM #23
The front page logo doesn't work.

How are we going to see the Holiday logos in the middle of March???
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-03-19, 5:05 PM #24
Thanks Giraffe, glad you're around. I don't know JKHub's rats nest of files and templates, so finding all the references to the old URL was a crap shoot, without processing the whole JKHub dir (and bringing the server to its knees in the process).
2012-03-19, 7:29 PM #25
Haha, yeah, that was the first time I've really looked at it in at least 5 years. Wow, that sure is some shonky code I wrote back then. :)

I take it there's been some kind of server move, and the jkhub.net DNS registration needs to be pointed to a new IP address?

[Edit: Oh wait, I see the sticky thread now.]
2012-03-19, 7:53 PM #26
Yeah, the nameservers have to be changed to ns1.sorrowind.net and ns2.sorrowind.net

That's it. The server takes care of everything else.
2012-03-29, 8:04 AM #27
The front page Massassi logo is missing. Without it, I didn't realize I was on Massassi. I thought I was on a Geocities site.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-04-11, 4:54 PM #28
Just noticed, the JK Hub site file uploader doesn't work at the moment. I get the progress bar, it gets to 100%, then I get a page cannot be displayed message, and my files aren't uploaded. This is for both screenshots in .jpeg format and general files like .rar and .zip. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks. :)
2012-04-15, 3:07 AM #29
Greetings!

Sorry for my absence (and for the mess of code for the website).

I made the required changes to the nameservers on April 6. I have emailed CoolMatty and Giraffe about this.

Side Topic, "What happened to ZeqMacaw?":

I was drawn away from JK by "Left 4 Dead" (L4D), via a certain JK cracker, I mean, hacker, that gave to me the game and a video card that could handle the game. When L4D2 came out, I eventually lost most of my interest in JK Hub and #jkhub chat room. Last summer, I was sucked into a free-to-play game called Forsaken World (FW, an MMORPG). (I would never pay to play an MMORPG and am still surprised I even find amusement in playing that type of game.)

I miss playing L4D2 (and even sometimes miss playing and editing JK), but my allergy problems forced me to switch from the fast pace of L4D2 to the casual game of FW (play at my own pace and no PvP). You are welcome to email me at my gmail account to find out more info, such as which FW server I play on, what my in-game main character's name is, or why my allergies are such a problem.

:)
2012-04-15, 6:10 AM #30
Originally posted by ZeqMacaw:
Greetings!

Sorry for my absence (and for the mess of code for the website).

I made the required changes to the nameservers on April 6. I have emailed CoolMatty and Giraffe about this.

Side Topic, "What happened to ZeqMacaw?":

I was drawn away from JK by "Left 4 Dead" (L4D), via a certain JK cracker, I mean, hacker, that gave to me the game and a video card that could handle the game. When L4D2 came out, I eventually lost most of my interest in JK Hub and #jkhub chat room. Last summer, I was sucked into a free-to-play game called Forsaken World (FW, an MMORPG). (I would never pay to play an MMORPG and am still surprised I even find amusement in playing that type of game.)

I miss playing L4D2 (and even sometimes miss playing and editing JK), but my allergy problems forced me to switch from the fast pace of L4D2 to the casual game of FW (play at my own pace and no PvP). You are welcome to email me at my gmail account to find out more info, such as which FW server I play on, what my in-game main character's name is, or why my allergies are such a problem.

:)

Whoa!
A good attitude you explain this Zeq.
Any date for everything to return to normal on the site?
2012-04-15, 7:52 AM #31
The date is today, actually. Now, actually. The site will go down due to DNS changes, but should be up anywhere between now and tomorrow morning (depends on your DNS settings).

Zeq didn't notify me when he fixed the domain until now :P
2012-04-15, 4:18 PM #32
Now that the site is back to [url]www.jkhub.net[/url], I can no longer log in.
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2012-04-15, 4:36 PM #33
I got it.
By replacing only the jkhubmassassi jkhub.netand then entered the site through the forums.
2012-04-15, 8:39 PM #34
Originally posted by Shred18:
Now that the site is back to www.jkhub.net, I can no longer log in.

There will be issues like this until Giraffe or Zeq can change the hardcoded URLs back.
2012-04-17, 3:24 AM #35
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
There will be issues like this until Giraffe or Zeq can change the hardcoded URLs back.

I'll try and find some time to do it soon. As noted above, you should be able to work around it by manually adjusting URLs to point to the different domains. I know it's not ideal, sorry. :saddowns:
2012-04-20, 8:54 AM #36
Yeah I still can't log in. I think I'm just an idiot.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2012-04-20, 3:35 PM #37
Nope, you're not being an idiot. The massassi sub-domain doesn't work and something is redirecting there as part of the login. I can't login either.
2012-04-20, 4:31 PM #38
Originally posted by Giraffe:
Nope, you're not being an idiot. The massassi sub-domain doesn't work and something is redirecting there as part of the login. I can't login either.

I'm not on my pc but it's probably the cookie settings in/for the database.
2012-04-21, 3:51 PM #39
Seems to be working a little better folks. If you login, it might redirect you back to the jkhub.massassi.net domain, but navigate back to the [url]www.jkhub.net[/url] domain and you'll be logged in. The upload function I think works as well.
2012-04-21, 4:25 PM #40
Originally posted by Giraffe:
Seems to be working a little better folks. If you login, it might redirect you back to the jkhub.massassi.net domain, but navigate back to the www.jkhub.net domain and you'll be logged in. The upload function I think works as well.

Still doesn't work no matter what I do matey.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)

↑ Up to the top!