Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lol
Lol
2012-03-28, 9:53 PM #1
I think Massassi is dying, no? There's like, two and a half threads right now.

So when can we have our souls back?
2012-03-28, 9:55 PM #2
never
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-03-28, 10:07 PM #3
I was just about to make a thread about the lack of threads. But then I got on reddit instead.

I think it's partially due to Reddit bringing more instant gratification in terms of time wastage. The other part of it might be that a lot of us don't see winning internet arguments as worth the effort anymore. Some Massassians still fight to the tooth over everything, and have no qualms about resorting to tactics like purposefully misinterpreting someone's position, or latching onto trivial red herrings like middle schoolers trying to shore up popularity. I think people increasingly see "last word" arguments like this as a waste of time as they get older, and simply choose not to get involved.
2012-03-28, 10:10 PM #4
Whatever, it's whatever
2012-03-28, 10:11 PM #5
:(
2012-03-28, 10:32 PM #6
Perhaps you shouldn't set your thread filter to 1 day, eh?
2012-03-29, 4:18 AM #7
i just started posting again after a long hiatus
2012-03-29, 4:52 AM #8
I didn't think any of those even more "general discussion"-type Internet portals were worth my time in the early 2000s and I don't think so now.

You'll be staying here forever.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-03-29, 5:24 AM #9
I don't know why massassi has gotten so quiet in recent months. It's a damn shame.

I was never one to post my own new threads anyway.

You guys should have never discouraged Tibby from making threads. :v:
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-03-29, 5:45 AM #10
Dead forums are a scary place, all those old threads rotting away, never to be seen again, just standing as momuments to time
2012-03-29, 8:02 AM #11
Originally posted by Couchman:
Dead forums are a scary place, all those old threads rotting away, never to be seen again, just standing as momuments to time

GLOBAL WARMING MADE NICE, SUNNY DAYS OUTSIDE.

People are outside.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-03-29, 9:59 AM #12
...& then there are those of us that have jobs where beautiful weather causes us to be busier (e.g. restaurants). :-/
? :)
2012-03-29, 11:31 AM #13
I just felt like saying hello *waves* I know I'm quiet. That goes without saying. I always have been but I'm still a persistent lurker.

Oh well, to make up for it a little, have a joke:

I always hated the register at school.

All the name calling got to me eventually.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-03-29, 11:33 AM #14
I'm gonna really miss this place.
2012-03-29, 11:52 AM #15
holy crap.. i registered for this site in 2006.. i was 14..
2012-03-29, 11:52 AM #16
I am going to take this a step further and say this place will miss me and my massive procreation.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-03-29, 12:32 PM #17
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I was just about to make a thread about the lack of threads. But then I got on reddit instead.

I've happened upon some of your posts on Reddit purely by chance. Freaked me out, man.

Quote:
I think it's partially due to Reddit bringing more instant gratification in terms of time wastage. The other part of it might be that a lot of us don't see winning internet arguments as worth the effort anymore. Some Massassians still fight to the tooth over everything, and have no qualms about resorting to tactics like purposefully misinterpreting someone's position, or latching onto trivial red herrings like middle schoolers trying to shore up popularity. I think people increasingly see "last word" arguments like this as a waste of time as they get older, and simply choose not to get involved.

I think the reason we don't see as much arguing on Massassi is because almost everyone with unpopular opinions has been banned.
I, for one, miss being able to participate in vitriolic arguments in a tight-knit community setting. Reddit is too impersonal. :(

There is, however, http://www.reddit.com/r/massassi
I'm just a little boy.
2012-03-29, 12:35 PM #18
Things were never dull back in the days of SF_Goldg_01 and Wookie06. I still wish they would be unbanned.
>>untie shoes
2012-03-29, 12:42 PM #19
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
I've happened upon some of your posts on Reddit purely by chance. Freaked me out, man.

I think the reason we don't see as much arguing on Massassi is because almost everyone with unpopular opinions has been banned.
I, for one, miss being able to participate in vitriolic arguments in a tight-knit community setting. Reddit is too impersonal. :(

There is, however, http://www.reddit.com/r/massassi

On a similar note, what ever happened with the massassi facebook group?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-03-29, 3:54 PM #20
We really should let Gold come back, but if it comes to bringing back Wookie, we can just write a bot that posts random excerpts from the day's Rush Limbaugh transcripts instead.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-03-29, 10:04 PM #21
Originally posted by Antony:
Things were never dull back in the days of SF_Goldg_01 and Wookie06. I still wish they would be unbanned.

I found those times to be very dull indeed
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-03-30, 12:24 AM #22
i haven't posted much in the past month or so... kinda got sucked into a star wars costuming group... :suicide:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-03-30, 2:25 AM #23
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Perhaps you shouldn't set your thread filter to 1 day, eh?

Perhaps the thread filter shouldn't revert back to 1 day every time I log in, eh?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-03-30, 3:12 AM #24
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Perhaps the thread filter shouldn't revert back to 1 day every time I log in, eh?

Go to Settings > My Account > General Settings and you can change the default age filter.

I just changed the default (on the Discussion forum) to 1 week.

[Don't ban me]
2012-03-30, 4:48 AM #25
school
2012-03-30, 5:43 AM #26
Originally posted by Vin:
Go to Settings > My Account > General Settings and you can change the default age filter.

I just changed the default (on the Discussion forum) to 1 week.

[Don't ban me]

Don't worry. Settings > My Account > General Settings > Ban Options > Unban.
幻術
2012-03-30, 6:33 AM #27
I wouldn't mind if Gold and Wookie were unbanned really, it would be kinda sad if they were to come back and continue posting after being banned for so long though.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-03-30, 6:48 AM #28
Originally posted by llibja:
I wouldn't mind if Gold and Wookie were unbanned really, it would be kinda sad if they were to come back and continue posting after being banned for so long though.

truth in this post

itd be like if saddam was brought back to life and then went back to Iraq and was like ssssuuuppppp
2012-03-30, 7:29 AM #29
Originally posted by Deadman:
I found those times to be very dull indeed

Fully agreed.

Even if they produced this

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/zmonks/sfgolds_badday.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-03-30, 8:21 AM #30
I've been adjusting to my new job myself.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-04-02, 6:24 AM #31
Originally posted by Antony:

Yeah, this. It went downhill since wookie got banned.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-04-02, 11:33 AM #32
fart
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2012-04-02, 11:43 AM #33
YO MOMMA FARTS!
>>untie shoes
2012-04-02, 12:07 PM #34
americas fartest cities
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-04-03, 7:53 AM #35
I've been playing TF2/Killing Floor and generally finding discussions to insipid to bless with my presence

...Oh drat
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-04-03, 8:08 AM #36
Reddit. Reddit and more Reddit. Some Facebook. But mostly Reddit.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2012-04-03, 5:51 PM #37
A part of me would like to see this site die. Not for any malicious personal reason, but just because it would be a great task. By not posting frequently the site dies a little more. Shame I just posted and undid a day of my sinister plan.

I have a suggestion to save the site. Un-ban all the non-bots. Seriously. This place will be alive once again. Then when those people are eligible for re-banning we'll have more to talk about. It's a win,lose,win,win,lose,win situation!
My blawgh.
2012-04-03, 7:16 PM #38
Isn't the age-old issue with certain individuals that they reliably get into nasty, never-ending arguments with a certain Canadian know-it-all? And after so much butt-hurt, have a chip on their shoulder in EVERY thread?
2012-04-03, 8:33 PM #39
**** YOU I HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER NOT BECAUSE OF JONCY BUT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHY
>>untie shoes
2012-04-03, 9:40 PM #40
It's important to read that in the context that Brian has completely lost his mind.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!