Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → In honor of my new intake upgrades, post your ride!
In honor of my new intake upgrades, post your ride!
2012-04-23, 7:17 PM #41
Originally posted by ragna:
i win but i don't need you guys to tell me that :)

Race? :D
woot!
2012-04-23, 8:16 PM #42
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
So... he posts his car, which I'm sure he's proud of owning (same as everyone else in this thread). You guys accuse him of lying. He proves you wrong... You backpedal by questioning his financial decisions. He vaguely and politely reminds you that you have no idea what kind of income he has, and you attack him and every other person on the planet that owns a BMW. Yep.. You're making a lot of sense, Darth.

If I said gbk must have a tiny dick for owning that sports car, would that be ok? (No offense intended, gbk. Just making a point)

you must forget ragna is ragna... and you must not understand the stereotype of BMW owners which based on his posts in this thread ragna fits (based on posts in a few other threads i'm a bit surprised his ride isn't a rape van... i'm sure he owns one of those too)

in case you're wondering the BMW owner stereotype is that of the arrogant prick who only bought the car as a status symbol

they bought the logo... there just happened to be a car attached to it
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-04-23, 8:40 PM #43
Actually, I do understand the stereotype, though I think for most people it's incredibly exagerated. I can speak for myself. As a BMW owner, I put up with all the pain (expensive parts, hard to work on) partly for the image, but more because it is SO FUN to drive. (I have driven and owned a lot of cars, and this is by far my favorite to drive.) Also, I haven't seen anything in this thread (and tbh, never paid much attention to ragna before this) that indicates he's showing any more arrogance pride than anyone else that's posted. Instead it just looks like Massassi is full of either ragna haters or BMW haters.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-04-23, 9:26 PM #44
Originally posted by JLee:

Hehe, I'd happily race a normal 3-series. Hell, I'd happily race an M3, cause at that point it's pretty much a driver's race.

But yes, what DrkJedi82 said is pretty accurate. Ragna is being ragna, which is trying to act superior to everyone here. Usually it's sexually, but now it's financially.
2012-04-23, 9:35 PM #45
I don't think ragna is an idiot because he bought a BMW. He claims to have a pretty decent career going on and can probably afford it. It's not like he's an E-4 in the Navy who bought an old ****ty on so he can spend his entire paycheck on overpriced parts for it. I don't really like ragna as a person, but that's neither here nor there. If he can afford it, then by all means, go buy a new 3 series.
>>untie shoes
2012-04-24, 5:27 AM #46
Hey, before you start trying to turn this back on me, you might want to at least get your facts straight. First, I am not an E-4, I'm an E-5, and with 4 years of service, that puts me at a base pay of $2487.60 (ref). As I live in San Diego, CA, I make an additional $2133.00 as my Basic Allowance for Housing (use this BAH calculator to confirm. My zip code is 92115 and I'm an E-5 with dependants). On top of that, I make an additional $348.44 for my Basic Allowance for Subsistence (ref) and $280.00 for my Career Sea Pay (ref, E-5 w/ 3 years culm sea duty). So yeah, I thought I was doing ok, but I'm glad I've got you around Antony, to explain that I'm spending $5249.04 per month on parts for my "****ty" 1999 BMW 540i. I sure hope I can keep my family off the streets this month.

(It's probably not necessary to add that the #'s I just provided do not include my entire income when you factor in special pay, do not consider that I own that BMW with no car payment, I make a portion of my income each year tax free, I am able to provide health and dental insurance for my entire family for about $25 a month, I get discounted rates on a lot of things from car insurance to cell phone plans, and pay an incredibly discounted rent rate for my 2 bedroom townhouse which includes electricity, water, sewage, garbage service, lawn service, etc. for $1500 a month (keep in mind that a studio apt in San Diego on its own goes for anywhere between $800 - $1600 a month).

So in short, Antony, you don't know me. You don't know my financial situation. Mind your own business and stop being a prick.

Everyone else: I'm not trying to say I'm something special because I make $63,000 a year. I'm not trying to say I'm special because I own a BMW. I'm just making a point. Please don't take this out of context.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-04-24, 5:32 AM #47
If I said gbk must have a tiny dick for owning that sports car, would that be ok?
Well yeah, because it's true.

I'm spending $5249.04 per month on parts for my "****ty" 1999 BMW 540i.
Sounds pretty ****ty to me. Maybe you should buy a better car. Maybe a hybrid. I hear you navy guys like hybrids.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-04-24, 6:05 AM #48
Hyundai Elantra 2011
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-04-24, 6:13 AM #49
I like how Sarn singled out the Solstice for having a tiny dick, not any of the big V8 cars posted here, hah.
2012-04-24, 8:30 AM #50
Yeah, I'd like to address the fact that gbk drives a Pontiac Solstice, which is not a sports car in any shape or form. His non-existent dick has little to do with that. If he's trying to compensate for a lack of penis, he's doing it wrong. In order to do that, you buy a ****ty old BMW.
>>untie shoes
2012-04-24, 9:15 AM #51
JLee, how do you like the CTS? I just bought a new car and it was between that and the one I got, but I never test drove the CTS. It is one of the few cars that makes me sexually excited by looking at it and I'm sure it's fun to drive also.

I just washed her. This car is insanely fast, I love it. 3.7L V6 with 330 stock horsepower. Blew my friends 3.5L V6 altima Coupe out of the water and keeps up with my buddies 5 series.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2012-04-24, 9:24 AM #52
Originally posted by Antony:
Yeah, I'd like to address the fact that gbk drives a Pontiac Solstice, which is not a sports car in any shape or form. His non-existent dick has little to do with that. If he's trying to compensate for a lack of penis, he's doing it wrong. In order to do that, you buy a ****ty old BMW.

[http://opticaldynamics.com/~gbk/img/2012/s/wiki1.png]
[http://opticaldynamics.com/~gbk/img/2012/s/wiki2.png]
[http://opticaldynamics.com/~gbk/img/2012/s/wiki3.png]
[http://opticaldynamics.com/~gbk/img/2012/s/wiki4.jpg]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2012-04-24, 9:44 AM #53
i could easily make that say "The Pontiac Solstice was a small penis"
2012-04-24, 10:20 AM #54
9/10 *****es prefer ragna
:master::master::master:
2012-04-24, 10:33 AM #55
Originally posted by gbk:
giant, overcompensating image to mask insecurities about his comically small wang

Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i could easily make that say "The Pontiac Solstice was a small penis"

It got reverted.
2012-04-24, 10:57 AM #56
Ragna, what kind of BMW is it?

As a BMW owner, I put up with all the pain (expensive parts, hard to work on) partly for the image, but more because it is SO FUN to drive. (I have driven and owned a lot of cars, and this is by far my favorite to drive.) Also, I haven't seen anything in this thread (and tbh, never paid much attention to ragna before this) that indicates he's showing any more arrogance pride than anyone else that's posted. Instead it just looks like Massassi is full of either ragna haters or BMW haters.

I seem to remember your BMW having a ****load of miles on it when you bought it. Also saying that you were buying it so girls would notice you. ALSO something about Fords being for gay people.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2012-04-24, 11:25 AM #57
Quote:
Also, I haven't seen anything in this thread (and tbh, never paid much attention to ragna before this) that indicates he's showing any more arrogance pride than anyone else that's posted. Instead it just looks like Massassi is full of either ragna haters or BMW haters.

How did you miss all his creepy **** involving like 1000% of the girls on this forum? I'm not sure if your arrogance or ignorance is more apalling.
2012-04-24, 11:36 AM #58
partly for the image, but more because it is SO FUN to drive.

You'd have just as fun driving a Mazda MX-5, but that's not the ultimate driving machine now is it ///////
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-04-24, 11:39 AM #59
Originally posted by Emon:
You'd have just as fun driving a Mazda MX-5, but that's not the ultimate driving machine now is it ///////

MX-5s are awesome. I never truly appreciated them until one of my coworkers took me for a ride in his.

In that same vein, I really want to try out a Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S.
2012-04-24, 12:20 PM #60
Originally posted by mb:
I seem to remember your BMW having a ****load of miles on it when you bought it. Also saying that you were buying it so girls would notice you. ALSO something about Fords being for gay people.
Yeah, it does have high mileage but that does not necessarily mean "****ty car." I don't think I ever said anything about buying it so girls would notice me... (Why would I want girls to notice me? I'm happily married. Maybe that was misunderstood?) And I probably did say something to the effect that the image created in my mind when I saw someone in (specifically) a Ford Focus was that of homosexuality. But meh, to each his own, right? I'm not going around screaming "F****T!" at anyone in a Focus, and I know it's ridiculous to make such assumptions. It was just blown out of proportion when I made a statement to the effect of: the image associated with a Ford Focus in my mind is that of a flamboyantly gay man walking out of a Starbucks with a complicated, sweet coffee drink yammering on a cell phone about the latest gossip to one of his "girlfriends". (In the same way that you guys see the silver on blue propeller blades and think "That guy's a pretentious douchebag who wants everyone to know/think he's rich." regardless of whether it's true or not.) My whole point is/was, like it or not, what you drive will say something about you to people, just as much as other things like how you dress, for example.

Another example, what do you think when you see a 25-35 year old woman in a Ford Explorer? Soccer Mom? Why? How do you know she even has kids? If she does, how do you know they play soccer?

2012-04-24, 12:28 PM #61
Oh.. I've never driven an MX-5, but I probably would enjoy it.. I'm not a huge fan about how they look though.

2012-04-24, 12:31 PM #62
I'm happily married. Maybe that was misunderstood?

Not really you used to regularly flaunt the fact that you had sex on a regular basis

You always seem completely unaware of the fact that you are constantly showing off. The fact that you felt the need to cite specific figures of your income and costs of living in this thread is a great example of this. At the onset of minor badgering you felt the need to absolutely prove that you are as good as you think you are, instead of just letting it go.
2012-04-24, 12:39 PM #63
the image associated with a Ford Focus in my mind is that of a flamboyantly gay man walking out of a Starbucks with a complicated, sweet coffee drink yammering on a cell phone about the latest gossip to one of his "girlfriends".

haaaaa.

Anyway when you bought it didnt it have something like 90k miles on it? That doesnt make it a ****ty car, but certainly meant you were going to have to spend a lot on maintenance. Why would I think that a woman in a Ford Explorer was a soccer mom? Why would I care? The only drivers I don't like are the ones that are constantly like GUYS GUYS LOOK AT MY CAR ISNT IT AWESOME. So yes, I'm suggesting you simply bought for the badge.

I'm curious what ragnas BMW is specifically. Am I jealous? A little. Probably would have been more if it was manual >_>
2012-04-24, 12:46 PM #64
I remember it being more along the lines of 150k miles or more.
>>untie shoes
2012-04-24, 12:48 PM #65
I used to want a BMW right after I graduated college, but I grew out of that phase. I still appreciate them as machines, and would love to take an E92 M3 around for a spin, but I'd never see myself buying one. Not worth the price for the performance anymore in my mind.

That BMW looks like either an F30 328i or 335i to me though. Can't tell specifically though because I don't know if there's anything that would distinguish them on the outside or interior.
2012-04-24, 1:03 PM #66
EMON: To your first statement, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I only remember posting about having sex one time and that was the infamous "sex during WoW" thread, which I thought would be kind of funny to post about, but was taken a lot more seriously than I expected.

To your second statement, there's a couple things going on there I think. 1) I have, up until recently, been unaware that I present an attitude that comes across as condescending in a lot of situations. It's something I'm working on trying to change about myself. 2) Regardless of my attitude, I have a weird sense of humor that a lot of people don't understand, and that doesn't translate well in text-only form. I've found that a lot of the time, what I say and mean comes across a lot differently than I intend. (To your edit, I recognized the potential of my post to have that purpose, which is why I posted the disclaimer at the end, but to be honest, the main reason I posted it was that it was fun for me to look up the #'s and calculate just how much money I am making.)

I think many of you guys have an image of me that is not at all an accurate reflection of who I am, based on some things I've said in the past that came across a certain way but did not accurately reflect what I was trying to say. I have a feeling that the few Massassians who have met me in person would agree that I'm not a pretentious, condescending ass hole (I hope) and can corroborate this.

mb: Why would you think a woman in a Ford Explorer is a soccer mom? Why would you care? Why would you think a 20 something year old man in a BMW bought it for the badge? Why would you care? I don't see much of a difference between the two scenarios. But yes, I like the BMW brand. Ever bought any name brand clothing? Ever bought any name brand cereal instead of the generic? It's the same thing, on maybe a bit grander scale. Also, I'm definitely jealous of ragna's car. I would love to own a new(er) BMW. But I need to rebuild my credit before that will ever be an option. Ideally, I want an M3 or an M5. But I would definitely consider another 5 series as well.

2012-04-24, 1:16 PM #67
1) I have, up until recently, been unaware that I present an attitude that comes across as condescending in a lot of situations. It's something I'm not working on trying to change about myself.

This is why no one will ever like you.
2012-04-24, 1:26 PM #68
lol oops.. an unfortunate slip up. Corrected.

2012-04-24, 1:30 PM #69

mb: Why would you think a woman in a Ford Explorer is a soccer mom? Why would you care? Why would you think a 20 something year old man in a BMW bought it for the badge? Why would you care? I don't see much of a difference between the two scenarios. But yes, I like the BMW brand. Ever bought any name brand clothing? Ever bought any name brand cereal instead of the generic? It's the same thing, on maybe a bit grander scale.

Buying for a badge tells me you don't appreciate the car for what it is, simply own it for show. While your examples make sense when talking about quality, I'm simply referring to buying something in order to show off. You're right though, I don't particularly care. I only get peeved when people get showboaty :P
2012-04-24, 1:39 PM #70
I find it particularly amusing that you continue to defend your views on the Ford Focus as a "gay car".
>>untie shoes
2012-04-24, 2:26 PM #71
I... do?

2012-04-24, 9:11 PM #72
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
JLee, how do you like the CTS? I just bought a new car and it was between that and the one I got, but I never test drove the CTS. It is one of the few cars that makes me sexually excited by looking at it and I'm sure it's fun to drive also.
[Unable to find specified attachment]
I just washed her. This car is insanely fast, I love it. 3.7L V6 with 330 stock horsepower. Blew my friends 3.5L V6 altima Coupe out of the water and keeps up with my buddies 5 series.

I love it. I have a 2004 CTS-V with the 400hp LS6 and a 6 speed. It's fun. :D
woot!
2012-04-24, 10:14 PM #73
My blawgh.
2012-04-25, 8:10 AM #74
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
[http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=18498&stc=1&d=1202788496]

I smile a little every time this gets posted regardless of context. Old joke is old.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2012-04-25, 3:11 PM #75
[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/UPS_truck_-804051.jpg]

Also, Ford Focus is so gay.
[http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2009/02/Ford_Focus_Rally_Norway_2.jpg]

o.0
2012-04-25, 4:04 PM #76
Is Ford Focus still gay with ~600hp V8?

>>untie shoes
2012-04-25, 4:06 PM #77
yes...

do what you want under the hood you can't ungay that body style
2012-04-25, 5:14 PM #78
I believe my true self is that of a 1978 Honda Civic. That is who I truly am on the inside, my soul-being. To express this aspect of my personality I draw pictures of myself as an anthropomorphic 1978 Honda Civic and share them with others of my kind. My girlfriend is an 1975 AMC Gremlin, and we are soul-mates. Automobile soul-mates. I communicate with others of my kind mostly through the internet, but sometimes we attend conventions. People persecute us for our true selves. My neighbor threatened to call the cops on me just for talking to his Focus. I'm not even into Fords, but that's besides the point. Just because I AM a car doesn't mean I'm going to have relations with just every car I see. It's not about the sex, though there is a 1955 Chevy Bel-Air I will never forget. You never forget your first. But I'm sick of people saying I'm perverted and wrong, and that I'm not really a car I'm just crazy. They don't understand, I have just as much right to the road as they do. Those *******s at the DMV are the worst, but I'd rather not talk about that ugly incident of carsecution. I have a good mechanic, though. You've never lived until you've had this guy change your oil. It doesn't make me gay, because I'm a Honda, not really a person. Your morality doesn't apply to me. I am a car. Beep beep, mother ****er. Deal with it.
2012-04-29, 6:50 PM #79
Wow, lots of posts to reply to... let me do this chronologically:

Quote:
Talk all the salaries you want to. You're already fitting the BMW stereotype pretty well, why not keep it going?

Darth - you're grabbing thin air, just stop it already.

Quote:
Uhh.... no. Hell no.

[Edit: for those that don't get it, I'm pointing out that ragna is a poseur for driving a slushbox.]

gbk - Don't get me wrong, I love driving MT (my 2004 Mazda3s (bless its soul) is a manual). But... I've grown tired of it especially since I'll be driving around Houston, my gf doesn't know how to drive manual, MT on the 328i loses some MPG, and the 8-speed steptronic is actually pretty awesome, made even awesomer in DS sport mode.

Quote:

Sure... ? You may or may not beat me on the track, but at the end of the day, I'm driving back home in a luxury sedan with exterior styling that I personally believe is the sexiest in class, and I wouldn't ever trade my car for yours (and, maybe same with you, to each his own). It's like those ricer dudes driving those 90's-era Japanese imports with the big spoilers and neon lighting claiming they can outrun Maserati's/Aston Martin's/Ferrari's/etc. Sure, maybe you can, but you're missing the point. But it's understandable to be playing on your strengths.

Quote:
in case you're wondering the BMW owner stereotype is that of the arrogant prick who only bought the car as a status symbol

they bought the logo... there just happened to be a car attached to it

Unless you're just not that into cars or you view them as A-to-B vehicles, cars ARE essentially status symbols after a certain point. By status symbol, I mean people are proud to drive, show off, and talk about their car. I can bet almost everyone who posted a decent car here can agree that they feel this way about their own cars. BMW owners, including myself, can be annoyingly proud of their car with good reason, but hey, I wasn't shoving it into your faces until I was provoked. When I walk to my BMW and notice all the attention to detail on every single piece of the car inside and out (I could go on and on about all the cool little features), it all contributes to this extreme sense of satisfaction I get from the whole driving experience from the moment I walk to the car and the moment I step out. There's just so much engineering and tech that goes into a BMW that it's seriously orgasmic reading about it all. Oh yeah, class leader by almost all major auto reviewers.

At the same time...

Quote:
9/10 *****es prefer ragna

... pretty much this. It's so true... I feel like the hot girl at a bar every time I drive it. So many turning heads... *****ES GET WET. Already got my dick sucked in this car yeehaw! You like that, Darth?

Quote:
Ragna, what kind of BMW is it?

2012 BMW 328i, luxury line, premium pkg, xenon, and some other stuff. MSRP came out to as much as a base 5-series (got it at $800 over invoice). Actually came in to look at certified pre-owned M3 (Antony probably remembers me raging about getting an M3 in an earlier thread), but at the end I couldn't justify it as a primary car for now, and cost of ownership when I did forums research was too damn high. The '08 M3 I was looking at in the area was super tempting though, and at $43K was actually cheaper than the '12 328i I drove home with. New 2012 F30 body styling is frickin' sexy, 328i got a twin-scroll turbo this year, it's as big as a 2011 5-series, and it gets 24/36 mpg. Only bad I can think of is I prefer the sound of the 6-cylinder from last year, as the 2012 328i has a 4-cylinder. Upside? It's actually +10 hp, +55 ft-lb, and +6 mpg than the 6-cyl.

But yeah, to each his own. I was looking at only Audi A4's, Mercedes-Benz C250/C300's, and BMW's, and this came out on top for me. Wanted a German-made car over a Japanese-made car because they honestly feel a little cheap in the interior (friend drove a Infiniti G35 coupe, parents own a Lexus).
2012-04-29, 7:05 PM #80
I gotta hand it to ragna for not getting bent about a bunch of obvious troll posts (including mine). Bravo, dude.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!