Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → In honor of my new intake upgrades, post your ride!
In honor of my new intake upgrades, post your ride!
2012-04-29, 9:11 PM #81
Originally posted by ragna:
Sure... ? You may or may not beat me on the track, but at the end of the day, I'm driving back home in a luxury sedan with exterior styling that I personally believe is the sexiest in class, and I wouldn't ever trade my car for yours (and, maybe same with you, to each his own). It's like those ricer dudes driving those 90's-era Japanese imports with the big spoilers and neon lighting claiming they can outrun Maserati's/Aston Martin's/Ferrari's/etc. Sure, maybe you can, but you're missing the point. But it's understandable to be playing on your strengths.

Did you just compare a Cadillac CTS-V to a "ricer dude"'s car?

...really?

Damn. Okay then.

You have a nice car, but your head's a little too big - just jumping in and going "I win" is a little egotistical, and some backlash is to be expected. I'm glad you're happy with your car - but to slam me as a "ricer dude" was entirely uncalled for.
woot!
2012-04-29, 10:08 PM #82
His point isn't that you're a ricer, but comparing the way you're missing the point to the way they're missing the point.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-04-29, 10:28 PM #83
Except I'm not missing the point...last I checked, I drive a luxury sedan as well, even if its not brand shiny new with a BMW badge. There are plenty of cars faster than me- but I can't resist responding to an "I win" with a light hearted challenge. I didn't expect a novel in response smack-talking my car.

Or maybe I read it the wrong way.
woot!
2012-04-29, 11:21 PM #84
No, you did miss the point, because he never called you a ricer at all. You might disagree with his assertion about a BMW's superiority but that's not what you addressed.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-04-29, 11:56 PM #85
Jeez, can't we get along?? Why do we always have to fight? Just post a picture of your damn car and move on!

:P
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-04-30, 7:06 AM #86
Enough snobby German car talk!

Here's a steamy butt shot of some American muscle instead.

[http://i.imgur.com/DEvRs.jpg]
2012-04-30, 12:32 PM #87
Originally posted by Darth:
Enough snobby German car talk!

Here's a steamy butt shot of some American muscle instead.

Silly Darth, smoke should be coming from tires. :P
woot!
2012-04-30, 12:35 PM #88
Originally posted by JLee:

Oh I can do that too. :) I just don't have any good pictures or video of it (just some dash cam stuff where you can hear it, but not see anything).
2012-04-30, 12:37 PM #89
Originally posted by JLee:

First time I hear a cop say that. O_O
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-04-30, 12:51 PM #90
i see your exhaust smoke and i raise you my seafoam smokepocalypse

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2gAwBLywag
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-04-30, 1:46 PM #91
This is the first time I've ever seen car owners brag about how much their car smokes...
>>untie shoes
2012-04-30, 1:54 PM #92
Originally posted by Emon:
No, you did miss the point, because he never called you a ricer at all. You might disagree with his assertion about a BMW's superiority but that's not what you addressed.

Holy **** it's Emon
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2012-04-30, 6:16 PM #93
Quote:
I'm driving back home in a luxury sedan with exterior styling that I personally believe is the sexiest in class

Meh. It's not terrible, but I don't like what they've done on the radiator grill. Late 80's BMWs, though, man. Those were sweet looking cars. I don't really like the way sedan styles have evolved over the last decade or two.
2012-04-30, 7:00 PM #94
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. With the exception of Ferrari and Lamborghini, I don't think there were any decent looking cars in the 1980s.
>>untie shoes
2012-04-30, 8:16 PM #95
First I got a 2009 Mustang GT and crashed it 7 days later.
Then I got a 2010 Mustang but recently sold that.
So finally I settled on the Mercedes.

Just kidding. I did sell the Mustang, though, and am driving a Ford Explorer (but am not a soccer mom).

There are some pretty badass cars on this thread! It sounds like people are doing pretty well in order to get these sweet rides, so I'm happy/proud.

I was also originally semi-obsessed with status/looks when I got my first car (and even randomly interviewed hot girls on the beach during spring break senior year to determine the sexiest choice of ride; MBeggar exercised great patience during these times as I waffled back and forth between choices).

However (and this may just be a function of Seattle), when I cruised around in my badass-I-thought Mustang GT convertible, the only heads I turned were those of old men who were like, "that's a mighty nice car, young man!" Ladies certainly did like my cars, but typically could not distinguish between the "little details" which were quite expensive (e.g. GT vs. V6, 328 vs 335, etc.)

I'm actually very happy with my Explorer (my dad drove me around in this car when I was growing up), but I'm sure I'll end up with a fun car again sooner or later. In the mean time, I'm glad you guys are keeping the dream alive. :D

And remember, you can always rent a car! ;)
Attachment: 25861/5249_766419437150_920504_44569432_4851664_n.jpg (62,309 bytes)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2012-04-30, 8:29 PM #96
Originally posted by Antony:
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. With the exception of Ferrari and Lamborghini, I don't think there were any decent looking cars in the 1980s.

I agree with 1 exception, and that's why I own one.
2012-04-30, 11:37 PM #97
I'm not a huge fan of the styling of the Iroc-Z. It's not bad at all, honestly, but the problem I have with it comes from where an engine is supposed to be. Instead, there's a big pile of **** there.
>>untie shoes
2012-04-30, 11:46 PM #98
I honestly don't like modern Mustangs. Nothing against you guys that have them, they're just so cringeworthy, in my opinion... mainly because everyone around here that drives them are either teenage girls that just got their license, or 60 year old men. That, and I feel its more about the badging now adays. Then again, a lot of people hate the Toyota Prius, and yet I drive one. Which, unfortunately, I'd rather not take any pics of it yet, until it gets repaired. Hit a couple of deer going 55mph. Lost a peice of grill and got a few dents.

I like the 80s/early 90s BMWs... I like their body styling, and that since they're older/used, they may need some attention/improvement in some areas.

I honestly miss my old '73 LTD though, kinda. I miss the style and power, not the gas mileage. I also miss the fact that it was easier to work on by myself. =P
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2012-05-01, 7:15 AM #99
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I was also originally semi-obsessed with status/looks when I got my first car (and even randomly interviewed hot girls on the beach during spring break senior year to determine the sexiest choice of ride; MBeggar exercised great patience during these times as I waffled back and forth between choices).

However (and this may just be a function of Seattle), when I cruised around in my badass-I-thought Mustang GT convertible, the only heads I turned were those of old men who were like, "that's a mighty nice car, young man!" Ladies certainly did like my cars, but typically could not distinguish between the "little details" which were quite expensive (e.g. GT vs. V6, 328 vs 335, etc.)

See, that's something I've never cared about. I bought my GT because I love cars and wanted something fast with an awesome-sounding V8 that could still turn. Doesn't matter to me if you can't tell the difference between a $22k V6 and a $55k GT500. I also have no problem with old guys complimenting it, cause I love talking cars with other car guys.

Now here's a bonus picture of my car parked beside a boat!

[http://i.imgur.com/3SkW9.jpg]
2012-05-01, 11:33 AM #100
the one on the left is way more sexier. :)

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-05-01, 12:03 PM #101
Same thing I've had for the last couple years or so.
Attachment: 25870/37330_10150224022270595_735830594_13237038_6191875_n.jpg (74,570 bytes)
2012-05-01, 12:42 PM #102
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
the one on the left is way more sexier. :)

It's a pretty car, but I really don't like how it drives at all. Too big (4200 lbs), hard to see out of, and the steering feels way too light on it.
2012-05-01, 1:50 PM #103
I don't know why the hell the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger all have to be so damned heavy.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-01, 2:36 PM #104
I don't know why the hell the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger all have to be so damned heavy.

Stricter safety regulations, and the inherent size of the platforms they're built on. Challengers are so fat because they're built on a full-size platform shared with the Charger and 300, so 4200 lbs for an SRT8, a little less for an R/T. Camaros are built on the Zeta platform that was also used for full-size sedans (Holden Commodore/Pontiac G8), so they're 3860 lbs for an SS. The Mustang's the only one that doesn't use a shared platform, and it's also the smallest of the bunch at 3600 lbs for a GT.

Outside of that, you're not going to find many modern V8 4-seaters that aren't "heavy". Just looking at other V8 4-seater coupes, the E92 M3 weighs about 3700 lbs, so heavier than a Mustang, lighter than a Camaro. The first-gen CTS-V like JLee has is 3850 lbs, second-gens are 4250 lbs (but make ungodly power). In general though, cars are heavier than they used to be, and most of it can be attributed to stricter safety requirements. At the end of the day though, most of these big fat cars still outhandle their much lighter predecessors. Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers are also all supposed to be going to smaller platforms in the next few years. Not much is really known about the Mustang or Challenger changes, but they're supposed to be smaller. Camaros are going to the same platform as the Cadillac ATS, which is much smaller.
2012-05-01, 10:30 PM #105
Quote:
It's a pretty car, but I really don't like how it drives at all. Too big (4200 lbs), hard to see out of, and the steering feels way too light on it.

You're thinking like a man, not a woman. :P

Also, My V8 540i is about 3800 lbs. I'd say, not too bad for a V8 sedan. :)

2012-05-01, 10:36 PM #106
I was under the impression that the Challenger was being done away with in favor of the Barracuda, which would be on a smaller platform taken from... Alfa Romeo (I think). I don't know why you'd get rid of one car just to bring in the sister car from way back when, but whatever. The guy running Chrysler these days knows what the hell he's doing.

And while I'm aware that pretty much all cars in that class are around the 2-ton mark, that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I'm the kind of guy that thinks every car should have the power/weight of a Lotus Elise.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 6:04 AM #107
there's quite a bit of subtle chauvinism and strange compensation processes apparently going on in this thread. I'm not talking about dicks or nothing just I dunno what. I'm also talking about the way people are describing things, not what cars people own.
2012-05-02, 7:12 AM #108
I was under the impression that the Challenger was being done away with in favor of the Barracuda, which would be on a smaller platform taken from... Alfa Romeo (I think). I don't know why you'd get rid of one car just to bring in the sister car from way back when, but whatever. The guy running Chrysler these days knows what the hell he's doing.

And while I'm aware that pretty much all cars in that class are around the 2-ton mark, that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I'm the kind of guy that thinks every car should have the power/weight of a Lotus Elise.

That's the current rumor, but no real details about it have came out, other than it being smaller. The naming doesn't make sense (Is it going to be the "Dodge Barracuda," or will they resurrect Plymouth for one model?), but that's Chrysler now. No more Dodge trucks, no more Dodge Viper, it's gotta be Ram Trucks and SRT Viper now!

I'm perfectly fine with the sizes of these cars though when you've got models like the Boss 302 that are track monsters. I almost traded up for one a few months back, but decided not to. Might have went that way when I got my GT if they had been more common last summer, but dealers were being greedy bastards and marking them up. Now they're easy to get at sticker or lower.
2012-05-02, 8:17 AM #109
Yeah, my money says it's going to be the SRT Barracuda. And you're right about the fact that they can still make them badass and high performance. That's good stuff. The horsepower numbers just keep climbing year after year. Ten years ago I would have said you were insane if you told me you would be able to buy a 600hp Mustang or Camaro (wtf Chrysler? Get it together!) at this point. It's pretty great, and it's just a shame they're priced so damned high.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 8:39 AM #110
Chrysler's definitely the one in need of the most changes if they want to compete with the others in terms of price/performance. It takes a $45k Challenger to hang with a $31k Mustang or $32k Camaro, and they have nothing to touch the Boss 302, GT500, or ZL1.

At least they brought the Viper back though, even if it's a six-figure car. A cheaper version of the Viper (or something similar with a different name at least) would be nice for them to also have something to compete with the cheaper Corvettes. Of course Ford has nothing at all to compete with this segment. Something in the Ford GT style with even just the 5.0L engine in it would be awesome. Some stuff would have to be toned down of course for the sake of price. Then if you wanted to make a crazy version to compete with Vipers and ZR1s, throw the supercharged 5.8L from the GT500 in it... That drivetrain's way better suited to that type of car anyway. The thought of a 200 mph Mustang scares the **** out of me, knowing the aerodynamic properties of my car and what it starts to feel like at higher speeds.
2012-05-02, 10:21 AM #111
Yeah, Ford claims that the GT500 is supposed to compete with the Corvette, and that just makes me laugh. I don't care if it is producing over 600hp. It's not going to happen. MAYBE in a straight line, but that's a long shot, too. As soon as you consider the Z06 or the ZR1, that idea just goes out the window, though.

And I think that what Chrysler intends to do with the Cuda/Challenger is to make it smaller, lighter, and have just as much, if not more power. So give it a few years, and things will start to get interesting again, hopefully. Personally, it would make me laugh if they put a 7.0l Hemi in the new Cuda/Challenger. Especially if that car weighs like 3000lbs. At least make that option present. There needs to be a 650hp 3000lb American car selling for 50 grand. It just needs to happen.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 10:30 AM #112
Yikes, for 6 figures I think I'd rather get the Audi R8 than the SRT Viper.

Attachment: 25875/audi-r8+2.jpg (116,439 bytes)
2012-05-02, 10:39 AM #113
That's because you prefer German things to American things, isn't it ragna? For instance, I could cite your obvious love of Adolf Hitler.... :P
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 10:44 AM #114
I think I'm starting to like you.
2012-05-02, 11:25 AM #115
For the price of an R8, I'd rather have an Aston or a Porsche.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2012-05-02, 12:10 PM #116
Originally posted by ragna:
I think I'm starting to like you.

It's a slow and deliberate process that almost everyone eventually succumbs to. More or less, learning to like me is like getting cancer.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 12:22 PM #117
Hmm, one of my co-workers just put down a deposit today on a Scion FR-S and should have it in the next two months. Can't wait to see if that car lives up to the hype or not.
2012-05-02, 12:34 PM #118
I know that a few people around here will want to have me flayed for saying this, but I love Scions. I'm a big fan of the fact that they make it possible to buy a car more or less exactly how you want it. The list of options on those things is ridiculous. There's more or less no need whatsoever for an aftermarket upgrade of any kind.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 12:48 PM #119
I dont know how anyone can not like the new mustangs. they look more like they did in their heyday than at any point in the 80-90s. i think they're much better looking now.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2012-05-02, 1:51 PM #120
Originally posted by Ford:
I dont know how anyone can not like the new mustangs. they look more like they did in their heyday than at any point in the 80-90s. i think they're much better looking now.

Oh I agree completely. There are only two generations I really like: the first and the current. Really I don't even like the '05-'09 style of the current generation all that much either. I think the few extra curves they added in 2010 greatly improved the overall look.

↑ Up to the top!