Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Avengers
The Avengers
2012-05-04, 12:31 PM #1
Just saw it last night. It was amazing, honestly might be my favorite movie i have ever seen. Hulk ended up being the funniest part of the movie.

Has anyone else seen it yet?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-05-04, 12:35 PM #2
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
Just saw it last night. It was amazing, honestly might be my favorite movie i have ever seen. Hulk ended up being the funniest part of the movie.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

Awesome, sadly I wont see it till Monday. But so far everything I've heard is good.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-05-04, 12:36 PM #3
when you see it, stay after the credits... after ALL the credits. there are two "after the credits" parts. second one is really funny.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-05-04, 1:12 PM #4
Saw the midnight showing and I really enjoyed the movie!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-05-04, 5:35 PM #5
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Saw the midnight showing and I really enjoyed the movie!

Looking forward in watching the movie, so far just enjoyed the interactive comic on Android
2012-05-04, 5:41 PM #6
What a fascinating username you have, Dong.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-04, 10:39 PM #7
What a fascinating dong you have there, Tracer.
2012-05-04, 10:52 PM #8
Speaking of fascinating names... you have quite the interesting one yourself... Saberopus. Saber... as in a long... Dong shaped light sword! a bit too convenient me thinks!
2012-05-05, 1:18 AM #9
Best superhero movie I've seen. It made me happy in my pants.
2012-05-05, 3:32 AM #10
Originally posted by saberopus:
What a fascinating dong you have there, Tracer.

What a fascinating dong-user you have there, saberopus.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-05-05, 3:53 PM #11
Anyway I saw it earlier today. I'm not sure it could possibly have been hyped enough to end up disappointing me. Really really great.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-05-05, 4:37 PM #12
Just got back from a screening. Was fantastic.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-05, 5:54 PM #13
****ing awesome
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2012-05-05, 5:58 PM #14
I'll probably see the Dongvengers this weekend.

E: Lol called it
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-05-05, 8:19 PM #15
It was fantastic. Good action, genuinely funny, loved it.

-My audience just about exploded when Loki and the Hulk "fought", the laughter was so loud.
2012-05-05, 8:51 PM #16
That part was a big hit in my theater, too. I think the Hulk got the biggest reactions. Him getting payback on Thor during the climax for the Mjolnir to the face in their earlier fight got a huge reaction, too. I really liked Hulk showing "concern" for Stark's well-being at the end, too.

Literally everyone had great moments in that movie. Hawkeye's no look shot on top of the building was awesome. Stark calling Hawkeye "Legolas" was great, too. Captain America being psyched about getting the Wizard of Oz reference was great. Coulson acting like a hero-worshiping child around Captain America was funny. The line "You know, the last time I was in Germany there was a guy standing over everyone. We ended up disagreeing." made me laugh. Stark taking over the PA system of the jet thing and having it play AC/DC got a laugh.

This movie is literally everything that Michael Bay has been trying to do for years. It's got great action, humor, characters, etc... It's all good. There is no weak spot. It does literally everything well. It's not high brow, but it doesn't set out to be. It's the perfect summer movie. From now on we can say things like "it doesn't have to be an Oscar caliber film, but it can be the Avengers". It's the proof that a light fluffy summer movie can be an outstanding film at the same time.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-06, 8:43 AM #17
It was a great movie to watch. Of course, there was a great crowd in the theater too. It was all around a great experience. Including the previews. Which one of them was the Expendables 2. Should have heard the cheers when Chuck Norris made the screen...

Anyway, Avengers did everything right with what they had. It was so awesome. Definitely going to go into my Blu-Ray collection when it comes out.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-05-06, 6:16 PM #18
Just got back from it. It was awesome.

Can't wait to see what they do with Thanos.
2012-05-07, 6:02 AM #19
Saw it in 3D. Liked it. Had no idea that Joss Whedon directed it before the credits rolled. Good movie, basically a non-stop action flick. I didn't like Captain America or Thor standalone movies much (or at all, TBH), so wasn't sure what to expect, but this was pretty cool.
幻術
2012-05-07, 9:50 AM #20
Originally posted by Antony:
This movie is literally everything that Michael Bay has been trying to do for years. It's got great action, humor, characters, etc... It's all good. There is no weak spot. It does literally everything well. It's not high brow, but it doesn't set out to be. It's the perfect summer movie. From now on we can say things like "it doesn't have to be an Oscar caliber film, but it can be the Avengers". It's the proof that a light fluffy summer movie can be an outstanding film at the same time.

This was my exact thought. It was like a Michael Bay movie that was actually good.
2012-05-07, 8:12 PM #21
finally got to see it... ****ING **** YES!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-05-07, 8:15 PM #22
it made a bazillion dollars apparently

that's good, seems like it should have

i'm also kind of excited for joss whedon, seems like this might be a real springboard for him not having to struggle as much to get his stuff made. Then again I don't know if he's got more good **** like Firefly in him, but if so, maybe it's likelier now.
2012-05-08, 12:44 PM #23
Originally posted by saberopus:
it made a bazillion dollars apparently

that's good, seems like it should have

i'm also kind of excited for joss whedon, seems like this might be a real springboard for him not having to struggle as much to get his stuff made. Then again I don't know if he's got more good **** like Firefly in him, but if so, maybe it's likelier now.

With the money he makes off avenger he needs to buy the rights to Firefly from fox, bring the show back and have Mal's crew clone Wash.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-05-08, 1:32 PM #24
I finally saw it, good stuff.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-05-08, 1:38 PM #25
Originally posted by Jep:
With the money he makes off avenger he needs to buy the rights to Firefly from fox, bring the show back and have Mal's crew clone Wash.

Joss Whedon won't make a ton of money off of The Avengers. Kevin Feige will.

Additionally, Fox pretty much refuses to ever sell the rights to anything. Coincidentally, this is the reason the aliens in The Avengers are the Chitauri and not Skrulls. Skrulls were introduced originally in the Fantastic Four, and Fox owns the rights to that property, so the Ultimate Universe version of the Skrulls (the Chitauri) was used because it has a different name. So, not only will Whedon never make enough money from The Avengers to buy the rights to Firefly, but Fox would never sell them to him anyway. It also probably doesn't bode well for anyone hoping to see Whedon own the rights to Firefly with the fact that he and Fox are on absolutely terrible terms after they cancelled yet another of his shows despite passable ratings.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-08, 2:17 PM #26
This movie was brilliant. You can't really expect everyone not to be outshined by Robert Downey Jr, but Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) did an admirable job trying.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-05-08, 10:24 PM #27
I finally saw it today. Loved it!
I liked the signature feet shot with Black Widow during her first scene. That was the moment I knew for sure Whedon had directed this.
My blawgh.
2012-05-09, 4:53 AM #28
I knew Joss Whedon directed it when he killed Agent Coulson.

-;_;
2012-05-09, 6:38 AM #29
Originally posted by Jarl:
I knew Joss Whedon directed it when he killed Agent Coulson.

-;_;

I felt that everyone's emotional connection to Agent Coulson was one of the weaker plot points. It's a shame they didnt have the foresight to give him integral parts in the other movies. Atleast I never felt he was significant, he was just 'there'. Like if he had actually saved Pepper Potts life in Iron Man, or something similar then I would have been more convinced.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-05-09, 7:10 AM #30
Agent Coulson will never get to debrief anyone ever again.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-09, 7:19 AM #31
Agent Coulson will never get to debrief anyone ever again.

Spoilllleeerrrr! (dont care about that character though :P)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-05-09, 7:55 AM #32
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
I felt that everyone's emotional connection to Agent Coulson was one of the weaker plot points. It's a shame they didnt have the foresight to give him integral parts in the other movies. Atleast I never felt he was significant, he was just 'there'. Like if he had actually saved Pepper Potts life in Iron Man, or something similar then I would have been more convinced.

stark's emotional connection was through coulson's friendship with pepper, cap's connection was from coulson's hero worship, thor witnessed coulson being stabbed by loki while he was trapped and unable to do anything about it, black widow and hawkeye worked with coulson... and the hulk... well he's just the hulk
2012-05-09, 8:51 AM #33
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
stark's emotional connection was through coulson's friendship with pepper, cap's connection was from coulson's hero worship, thor witnessed coulson being stabbed by loki while he was trapped and unable to do anything about it, black widow and hawkeye worked with coulson... and the hulk... well he's just the hulk

Yeah I get that, IMO it's weak.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-05-09, 8:59 AM #34
I think it's the strongest between Stark and Coulson. Even though Stark treats him like a total rube, it's obvious that he likes him. Thor and Coulson didn't have much back story, but it was obvious at the end of Thor that he respected him as an ally (which seems like it's about all you will ever get out of Thor unless you are from Asgard).

The main thing of it is that Coulson is a likable character. He's been responsible for a lot of the humor in the movies, and if you watch the short films starring Clark Gregg, you'll see that he's also a total badass. He's the fan-favorite-minor-character that Joss Whedon loves to kill.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-09, 8:34 PM #35
The main thing of it is that Coulson is a likable character.

very true... i had to fight back a sudden urge to yell out "NO!" when Loki killed him
2012-05-09, 8:47 PM #36
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Like if he had actually saved Pepper Potts life in Iron Man, or something similar then I would have been more convinced.

He kinda did.

-Admittedly, he was only part of the effort, but she was the one who wanted to go arrest Stane right then and there, so...
2012-05-10, 9:28 AM #37
Haven't really had the chance to go see it. I'll either have to get up ridiculously early so I can make it to the first first showing at a theater (which is the only way I could watch it before work), or I'll have to wait till next Wednesday and catch it on my day off. The part that sucks about that latter option is that it is quite some time away. Also, it's the day before I get paid so I'm usually working with the last few bits of my paycheck.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2012-05-10, 9:40 AM #38
Originally posted by Jarl:
He kinda did.

-Admittedly, he was only part of the effort, but she was the one who wanted to go arrest Stane right then and there, so...

Yeah I gave this interpretation a little thought, but it's a stretch. Like you could argue Stane would have had security arrest Pepper before she even left the building, but then I can't remember if Stane even knew that Coulson was a 'government' agent. Again it's like Coulson didnt really DO anything, he just helped by being there. Really I know I'm being picky, I just wish they had made the Coulson bond a little stronger with the Avengers before killing him.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-05-10, 2:13 PM #39
Originally posted by Liberius Vir:
Haven't really had the chance to go see it. I'll either have to get up ridiculously early so I can make it to the first first showing at a theater (which is the only way I could watch it before work), or I'll have to wait till next Wednesday and catch it on my day off. The part that sucks about that latter option is that it is quite some time away. Also, it's the day before I get paid so I'm usually working with the last few bits of my paycheck.

if theres any way you can muster up the gumption you should go to the early one! you'll get to see it sooner and pay less!
2012-05-12, 12:18 AM #40
Did anyone else see the 1138 on top of the bus?
My blawgh.

↑ Up to the top!