Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Avengers
The Avengers
2012-05-16, 7:08 AM #81
what was that red thing at the end who was rofling at the camera on the asteroid after his army just got blown up?
2012-05-16, 7:18 AM #82
It was Thanos.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-16, 9:43 AM #83
>>untie shoes
2012-05-19, 7:40 AM #84
On my way to see it today. Parents are doin it as a small early birthday thing. Not till 2:00 here though. so maybe something later.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2012-05-19, 8:40 AM #85
Originally posted by Antony:

i could handle being low on superpowers if scarlet johansson had her hand that close to my junk (who knows... maybe she is touching his junk... coulson might have been gifted with superhuman gear)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-05-19, 9:19 AM #86
Have you seen some of the stuff he has gone up against wearing a Brooks Brothers suit and oxfords for armor? I'd say he's gifted in the department of junk.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-20, 8:59 AM #87
Just saw the movie last night. Absolutely incredible. I was worried after it being hyped beyond belief by everyone I knew that it wouldn't be able to match up with it but I was just blown away. Everything was fantastic; the effects, dialogue, casting (obviously not a concern after the build-up movies), everything. Loved it. Also thought the 3D was well handled, just gave everything a sense of depth and I can't remember any blatant moments of "look! 3D!" like in other 3D movies I've seen (e.g. Clash of the Titans, Alice in Wonderland).
2012-05-20, 9:39 PM #88
Finally had a chance to see the Avengers. While I knew I was going into a good flick, I was rather worried my expectations were too high. To my pleasure, they weren't high enough.

I was absolutely blown away by this movie. Each superhero was depicted and acted brilliantly and while I could not give two number twos about Hawkeye, Jeremy Renner was a welcome surprise. Even Codie Smulder had her spotlight and that made me incredibly happy for it. It was the Hulk, though that ruled the scenery. When I heard Mark Ruffalo before, I kept thinking "Thirteen Going On Thirty." Honestly, I could go on and on. I wasn't a fan of Loki after Thor, but now my opinion's changed.

The action sequences just got my blood pumping, the script was far above what you'd expect from a superhero movie. At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, it was pure Whedon gold.

I absolutely lost it at the final scene, after the credits, where they're all eating at a diner, absolutely worn out, just closed a perfect movie.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-05-21, 9:06 AM #89
That scene wasn't included in the showing I went to. My friend was not impressed that I made her wait and thought I'd lied to her :(
2012-05-21, 9:37 AM #90
i'd demand a partial refund because they didn't show ALL of the movie
2012-05-21, 11:15 AM #91
Originally posted by LividDK:
That scene wasn't included in the showing I went to. My friend was not impressed that I made her wait and thought I'd lied to her :(

I waited right to the end of the credits and it wasn't there. Felt ripped off :)
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2012-05-21, 11:43 AM #92
Originally posted by JediNeo:
I waited right to the end of the credits and it wasn't there. Felt ripped off :)

I almost left too. Caroline and I were the only people left in the room. I kept saying, "I'm going too feel like a moron if there's nothing at the end."

Paid off for me! :D Sorry you guys missed it!
2012-06-07, 12:45 PM #93
Another thing that I bet was not thought of, but can be "explained away" at someones whim is Mjolnir... The Hulk couldnt lift it. But where was Mjolnir resting at the time? On the deck of the Helicarrier... Theoretically Mjolnir should have done 1 of 2 things... broken through the deck of the carrier and plunged to earth, or brought the whole carrier down. Ah ha!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2012-06-07, 12:57 PM #94
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Another thing that I bet was not thought of, but can be "explained away" at someones whim is Mjolnir... The Hulk couldnt lift it. But where was Mjolnir resting at the time? On the deck of the Helicarrier... Theoretically Mjolnir should have done 1 of 2 things... broken through the deck of the carrier and plunged to earth, or brought the whole carrier down. Ah ha!

I always figured that was because Mjolnir doesn't physically weight tons and tons, but rather because it refuses to budge for anyone but its master, or he worthy of Thor's powers.

Otherwise, in Thor, Loki would have been crushed to death beneath Mjolnir.
2012-06-07, 1:37 PM #95
I'd put Mjolnir in front of things just to piss people off.

Put it in front of the bathroom door at night, so people trip/stub their toe on it going to the bathroom in the dark.

Put it in front of the fridge so no one can get inside it.

Put it behind a car so it can't get out of the garage.
2012-06-07, 2:41 PM #96
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I'd put Mjolnir in front of things just to piss people off.

Put it in front of the bathroom door at night, so people trip/stub their toe on it going to the bathroom in the dark.

Put it in front of the fridge so no one can get inside it.

Put it behind a car so it can't get out of the garage.

Set it on the woman you have tied up in your basement to save on rope.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-06-07, 7:54 PM #97
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:

Well I'm not a comic book expert but I believe there has been examples of the Hulk successfully lifting Thor's hammer in other associated media. I think the Hulk would have succeeded if the aircraft carrier floor had been stronger and/or he had a few more minutes to work up 'more' rage.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-06-08, 11:16 PM #98
Those IDIOTS in the Thor movie got it all wrong, trying to move it with a tow truck. All they had to do was slide a piece of ply wood under Mjolnir (under the dirt beneath it) creating a new "floor" and just lift the board and carry Mjolnir away.
2012-06-08, 11:46 PM #99
Hey KOP_Snake: It's a magical hammer. Shut the **** up about it.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-09, 12:05 AM #100
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Well I'm not a comic book expert but I believe there has been examples of the Hulk successfully lifting Thor's hammer in other associated media. I think the Hulk would have succeeded if the aircraft carrier floor had been stronger and/or he had a few more minutes to work up 'more' rage.

examples i've heard of are explained away... the "ultimate" version of mjolnir doesn't have the worthiness limitation so anyone with the right amount of physical strength to lift a big heavy hammer/axe could use it, and there is one example of red hulk using the hammer in zero gravity
2012-06-09, 5:53 AM #101
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
examples i've heard of are explained away... the "ultimate" version of mjolnir doesn't have the worthiness limitation so anyone with the right amount of physical strength to lift a big heavy hammer/axe could use it, and there is one example of red hulk using the hammer in zero gravity

Not to mention the time Deadpool got a hold of it, but that was Loki's doing
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-06-09, 6:14 AM #102
Originally posted by Alan:

The funny thing is I started looking into this after I posted, and the 'worthiness' rule is broken fairly frequently. Almost everyone has gotten to hold mjolnir over the years. :)
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-06-09, 6:43 AM #103
Originally posted by Alan:

i was specifically referring to the hulk... but yeah there have been more than a few other people to use mjolnir over the years
2012-06-09, 7:20 PM #104
Originally posted by Antony:
Hey KOP_Snake: It's a magical hammer. Shut the **** up about it.

No.
2012-08-05, 9:16 PM #105
操你祖宗十八代

↑ Up to the top!