Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Star Wars Gaming Announcement Coming
New Star Wars Gaming Announcement Coming
2012-05-26, 3:16 PM #1
Just read this on the official Star Wars Facebook page.

Quote:
[LEFT] Riddle: [/COLOR]

What is something that will be announced by [/COLOR][/LEFT]Spike[LEFT] , fully unveiled at the [/COLOR][/LEFT]E3 Expo[LEFT] , and has to do with Star Wars gaming? [/COLOR]

The answer to the riddle will be yours - tune into Spike this May 31st at 10pm PST. [/COLOR][/LEFT]

I've got my fingers crossed for TFU 3, Battlefront 3, or a new Jedi Knight game (or even a LONG overdue entry into the X-Wing series). What I'm expecting is some new kinect clone wars adventure or some such garbage. Speculate!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2012-05-26, 3:30 PM #2
It'll be The Force Unleashed on the Battlefront 3: Jedi Knight in a X-Wing. :colbert:
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-05-26, 3:31 PM #3
lol, yeah

you do that

keep your fingers crossed

HHAHAHA
2012-05-26, 3:33 PM #4
Gungan paintball or Wookie planking. My hopes aren't very high for it being something that will redeem the franchise in my eyes.
My blawgh.
2012-05-26, 3:37 PM #5
galactic senate simulator for kinect
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-05-26, 5:32 PM #6
wookiee planking!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-26, 5:38 PM #7
The first TOR expansion.
2012-05-26, 7:01 PM #8
"LucasArts Disappointment #341"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-05-26, 7:08 PM #9
You don't want a new Dark Forces or X-Wing game. George Lucas would probably be involved. At least now we all have good memories.
2012-05-26, 7:21 PM #10
Kinda surprised BF3 didn't come out years ago, I guess LA doesn't care.
2012-05-26, 8:18 PM #11
Kinect is exactly the kind of dumb garbage that I can see Lucasarts riding until its eventual demise.

Or failing that they are just going to come up with some new franchise under the guise of being original which will basically be just a mediocre half-assed rip off of some other successful game with the Star Wars name plastered onto it. So... Star Wars Mine Craft anyone? Oh, and it will be heavily focused on the Clone Wars cartoon stuff.
2012-05-26, 8:27 PM #12
Originally posted by Darth J:
Just read this on the official Star Wars Facebook page.

I've got my fingers crossed for TFU 3!

W

T

F
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2012-05-26, 8:30 PM #13
I've got my fingers crossed for Wookiee Planking 3D.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-26, 8:40 PM #14
I would be ridiculously excited for an X-Wing game, but I doubt it'd live up to expectations. Frankly, there hasn't been a space fight game in a long time, and I miss them dearly.
2012-05-26, 9:17 PM #15
Originally posted by Jon`C:
The first TOR expansion.

You don't want a new Dark Forces or X-Wing game. George Lucas would probably be involved. At least now we all have good memories.

We all know he is right, give in to your sadness
2012-05-26, 9:22 PM #16
Originally posted by Tracer:
I've got my fingers crossed for Wookiee Planking 3D.

Yeah, if this isn't Wookiee Planking 3D, I'm going to write a letter to LucasArts demanding it.
2012-05-26, 9:35 PM #17
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
W

T

F

I really liked the first game. I don't know why, but I find it extremely mindless fun. I was supremely disappointed with the second game, and I feel they at least owe it to the series to close off the story line they left open at the end of the second game (and if we're lucky receive a game much better than the previous one).

Unfortunately, it'll be a kinect-based MMO featuring gungans or ewoks.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
2012-05-27, 12:06 AM #18

I recently went to the trouble of getting TIE Fighter to work on my computer and it's absolutely awful. I don't even understand how I could stand it as a kid, much less like it. It's a great story and decent gameplay, for sure, but the controls are pretty bad.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-05-27, 2:00 AM #19
I'm curious to see what it's gonna be - not expecting any surprises, though - but eh, KotOR 2 was really the latest SW game I really liked (or Republic Commando, I actually can't remember which one came later).
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-27, 5:04 AM #20
I suspect it'll be Battleground 3 or another FPS using UE3--possibly something to do with all of the domains they've registered as of late (e.g. Star Wars 1313).
? :)
2012-05-27, 9:13 AM #21
A battleground 3 using the frostbite 2 engine would be balls-tighten-ly awesome.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2012-05-27, 9:14 AM #22
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I recently went to the trouble of getting TIE Fighter to work on my computer and it's absolutely awful. I don't even understand how I could stand it as a kid, much less like it. It's a great story and decent gameplay, for sure, but the controls are pretty bad.
\
Are you playing it with a clunky old gameport joystick? If not you are doing it wrong.
2012-05-27, 9:18 AM #23

You think that's bad? Try playing x-wing. Even back when I was playing x-wing vs tie fighter I couldn't understand how anyone used to like it.
2012-05-27, 10:16 AM #24
x-wing alliance is the ****

but lucasarts has all you guys by the balls again, give it up for god sakes

theres a better chance of a decent Star Trek game coming out than this crap
2012-05-27, 10:27 AM #25
If it's Imperial Commando, then all will be forgiven.

-I gotta rescue Sev, man, it's been what, six years? We gotta go back for him! ;_;
2012-05-27, 10:31 AM #26
Republic Commando not Imperial Commando..lolol at people who don't even know the games they actually want

Like people calling Battlefront 3 as Battlegrounds 3...Galactic Battlegrounds was an RTS that was the same exact engine as AoE3

Besides, Republic Commando was one of the worst FPS games I have ever played, movement was slow and bulky and the weapons did no damage to the point where you wasted whole clips killing one or two guys on any difficult above the first one
2012-05-27, 10:34 AM #27
Originally posted by Jarl:
If it's Imperial Commando, then all will be forgiven.

-I gotta rescue Sev, man, it's been what, six years? We gotta go back for him! ;_;

+ Jarl

Not to mention with 'Imperial Commando' he was referring to a possible sequel to RC. Wow.
2012-05-27, 11:13 AM #28
Originally posted by Couchman:
Like people calling Battlefront 3 as Battlegrounds 3...Galactic Battlegrounds was an RTS that was the same exact engine as AoE3

Pot, kettle, black, you're a dumbass

If you're going to be a dick about people calling games by slightly wrong names (Battlefront, Battlegrounds? Close enough) then at least have the decency to not get a fact wrong as you're calling them out yourself. Battlegrounds ran on the AoE2 engine.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2012-05-27, 11:14 AM #29
By the way, the announcement is for a new gaming FRANCHISE, so it won't be a sequel at all, it will be something totally new
2012-05-27, 11:24 AM #30
Yeah, my intention with "Imperial Commando" was to imply it being a sequel set shortly after Republic Commando, as Republic Commando's last mission actually takes place very shortly before the transition to the Empire, like a day or so at the most.

-Also, that's a game that would totally lead to you being on the Tantive IV, and I always like shooting that place up in video games.
2012-05-27, 1:38 PM #31
Imperial Commando would be fantastic.
2012-05-27, 1:44 PM #32
Originally posted by Jarl:
Yeah, my intention with "Imperial Commando" was to imply it being a sequel set shortly after Republic Commando, as Republic Commando's last mission actually takes place very shortly before the transition to the Empire, like a day or so at the most.

-Also, that's a game that would totally lead to you being on the Tantive IV, and I always like shooting that place up in video games.

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHRRkJhaSc&feature=youtu.be
2012-05-28, 2:31 AM #33

I've played TIE Fighter very recently, and I can't disagree with you more. It's probably still my #1 PC game ever created.
2012-05-28, 2:39 AM #34
While I'm not against revisiting TIE Fighter (or the special edition anyhow) or even finishing X-Wing Alliance, I just realized that I actually haven't really played any other than FPS or RPG games in many many years so I'll stick to whatever memories I have. TIE Fighter was totally inspirational for TODOA, though, and it's an excellent example of "playing as the bad guy" done right (instead of Biowareish "WRAA ME WILl EAT YOUR PUPPIES AND KICK OVER BABIES ME DARK [FACTION]" stuff).

And while a sequel to Republic Commando will probably never happen, I still hoped they'd have finished the storyline in some form but when they wanted to create a book about Sev's fate, well, LEC vetoed it. Just like they did with that patch that would have fixed KotOR II. Bloody bastards.

TFU wasn't actually that bad of a game but I really think the main character is an awful Mary Sue type (the drunken old Jedi was cool, though) - not to mention the atrocious voice acting (funny, some people don't like the voice acting in TODOA but I still think it's miles ahead of whatever the friggin' professional! voice actors mustered up in TFU). But if they're really coming up with a new franchise, well, it could be nice. Even though my interest in SW:EU stuff has really waned down in the past few years.
2012-05-28, 8:26 AM #35
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
And while a sequel to Republic Commando will probably never happen, I still hoped they'd have finished the storyline in some form but when they wanted to create a book about Sev's fate, well, LEC vetoed it. Just like they did with that patch that would have fixed KotOR II. Bloody bastards.

Speaking of which (and a little off topic), I really liked KotOR back in the day and never played the second one. I heard that it's literally missing great chunks towards the end of the game. Is it worth my time and ~$8 or whatever it sells for now, and does anyone know of any mods/user-created patches that "plug the holes" so to speak?
2012-05-28, 8:31 AM #36
Sure, it's worth $8. I liked Kotor 1 better. 2 has a better story, but worse gameplay.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-28, 9:04 AM #37

Well then you had better get to making it.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-05-28, 9:37 AM #38
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
Speaking of which (and a little off topic), I really liked KotOR back in the day and never played the second one. I heard that it's literally missing great chunks towards the end of the game. Is it worth my time and ~$8 or whatever it sells for now, and does anyone know of any mods/user-created patches that "plug the holes" so to speak?

Definitely worth it, and here's the patch you're looking for. I can't tell you about the actual content of the patch firsthand, since when I tried to reinstall KotOR2 to play with the patch it wouldn't work. I understand though they've restored as much of the cut content as they could, which is pretty substantial.
2012-05-28, 11:46 AM #39
Originally posted by Tracer:
Sure, it's worth $8. I liked Kotor 1 better. 2 has a better story, but worse gameplay.

No, you're confused. One has a better story. Two has better gameplay.
2012-05-28, 11:56 AM #40
Did they fix the bugs? I tried to play KotOR 2 when it first came out and got frustrated that I was hitting bugs that meant I couldn't finish quests so gave up. I might give it another try, I still have the CD somewhere.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW

↑ Up to the top!