Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you guys have any tips for healthy eating?
Do you guys have any tips for healthy eating?
2012-05-31, 6:51 PM #1
I'm 27, 167lbs. Not sure on height, let's say 5' 10". I eat quite healthy, and generally I get out to the gym 3 times a week . I also play a bunch of other sports on top of that.

A couple days ago I thought I'd try out this no bread diet...I felt like garbage. No matter how much healthy food I ate it wasn't enough, I'd be hungy again within the hour. I felt weak and a bit nauseated. This evening I broke down and had a couple sandwhiches. It's like the only thing that fills me up is bread. Does anyone have experience with this?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-31, 6:58 PM #2
you could buy ensure, theyre used in nursing homes to maintain or gain a health weight, me and a few bros would steal them from the cooler and slam them down, and even after one you would feel like a brick was in your stomach, two and you couldnt move without feeling like you would throw up, theyre a hefty 500ish calories per small can but are packed with what you need

taste isnt that bad, its a drastic measure, but if youre trying to cut calories and feel full thats all i can think of, theyre very pricey though
2012-05-31, 7:08 PM #3
I'm on the "eat a lot" diet myself, and I do what I can to include a variety of food (particularly protein) types. Speaking of...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-05-31, 7:35 PM #4
i find eggs fill me up. 4 scrambled eggs.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2012-05-31, 8:00 PM #5
Not me.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-31, 8:24 PM #6
It can take a while to adjust to a low carb diet
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-05-31, 10:26 PM #7
Whenever I'm feeling hungy and want to feel full I find that usually a double quarter pounder meal from mcdonalds or a double whopper meal from burger king or a huge plate full of lasagna or half a large pizza or 4-5 pieces of chicken (fried, baked, bbq'd, dont matter to me) or 1-2 bowls full of pasta + alfredo or marinara sauce, or a $5 footlong from Subway or 10-12 oreo cookies with milk or 2 bowls of cereal or the Ultimate Feast from Red Lobster fills me right up. But only ONE of those things, dont overdo it!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2012-05-31, 11:06 PM #8
uh...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-31, 11:10 PM #9
once i got so pissed cause all the food places were closed after 8pm...so i ran to mcdonalds and quickly ordered 5 mcdoubles. it was the healthier alternative to vandalism.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2012-05-31, 11:36 PM #10
er...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-31, 11:54 PM #11
for the hours you are sedentary, you need to replace sugars and carbs with fats.

do you drink soda? They are one of the worst substances you can consume. You need to eat chocolate (or better yet, avocados) instead; this will also slow down your eating, and stop you from becoming that stereotypical American fat **** who reaches for a bag of potato chips after drinking that soda. (Anyway, you can get lays / soda / corndogs / cornnuts / fruit roll ups in bulk; may as well stock up and give your kids diabetes and heart disease.)

as for cutting all bread from your diet, well that sounds pretty retarded. Just have smaller servings and not before bedtime. There are also healthier breads than others, such as those from whole grain or pita bread, etc.

finally, you should never eat out. Just being in a restaurant seems to promote gorging one's self, and by all probabilities you don't have the slightest clue about saturated fat content, etc. (don't eat foie gras, but your salmon is probably also soaked in butter)
2012-06-01, 12:05 AM #12
finally, i personally feel that the secret to nourishment is spinach. You really ought to eat spinach every day.

[/URL]
2012-06-01, 5:15 AM #13
I'm must be missing something. 167 lbs at roughly 5'10" isn't too far from a healthy weight. What exactly is it you're trying to do?
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-06-01, 5:44 AM #14
Look at ingredients. If you can't understand a word, try to find something more natural.

Eat a lot of small high protein, low carbs, low fat, low glucose snacks instead of 3 big meals.

Rice, pasta, its not necessarily bad, but its wasted calories.

Replace rice with raisins. It sounds crazy for certain meals, but you'll be surprised just how well it works in general. And you'll be throwing back a good portion of fruits during a meal. Don't knock it before you try it.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-06-01, 8:50 AM #15
baby... it's delicious and nutritious
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-06-01, 9:10 AM #16
Get huge. I'm quite a healthy person, but I've been looking at ways of stepping it up. It's not a big problem, but I feel like I've plateaued.

Jones: The only soda I drink is club soda.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-06-01, 9:24 AM #17
My tip: do the exact opposite of mb.
2012-06-01, 9:32 AM #18
well of course... mbs diet consists of entire herds of cattle being driven into his mouth... a few men have died on these particularly dangerous cattle drives because they stuck too close to the herd
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-06-01, 9:39 AM #19
Quote:
"Do you guys have any tips for healthy eating?"

Users respond with Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, cookies etc...

america.txt
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-06-01, 10:48 AM #20
beer
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-06-01, 1:35 PM #21
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
beer

If you want it to go all to your gut, yes.
2012-06-01, 1:49 PM #22
On a tangent, any tips on eating healthy while trying to put on weight? I've been hoping to put on 15-20# this year while still being relatively active (getting back into running again). I've been stuck between 145-150# for a couple years no matter what I eat or don't, so hoping to figure out if I'm just doing it wrong.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2012-06-01, 1:56 PM #23
Dormouse, eat a ton of carbs. Sugar helps too. You can't really "eat healthy" and put on weight easily at all.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-06-01, 2:03 PM #24
Carry a container of nuts and a bottle of water with you everywhere. If you are hungry, eat them and drink 16 ounces of water.

#modellingtips
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2012-06-01, 2:14 PM #25
Originally posted by Dormouse:
On a tangent, any tips on eating healthy while trying to put on weight? I've been hoping to put on 15-20# this year while still being relatively active (getting back into running again). I've been stuck between 145-150# for a couple years no matter what I eat or don't, so hoping to figure out if I'm just doing it wrong.

unless you have a cholesterol problem or dietary restrictions, eat more eggs. Like, a lot more eggs. And dont just eat more carbs, that's ****ing stupid, and will encourage the eating of large quantities of potato chips. Eat more proper carbs. See http://www.mikemahler.com/online-library/articles/nutrition-programs/making-the-vegan-diet-work.html

or

Crossfit + GOMAD (gallon of milk a day)
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2012-06-01, 5:41 PM #26
OK guys, thanks for helping me! I'm going to begin my new diet of oreo cookies, ensure, mcdoubles, pizza, alfredo sauce, and beer tomorrow. To save time I'll probably just mix them all together in a blender. I will report back with my results, so stay tuned!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-06-01, 6:46 PM #27
Originally posted by Gebohq:
If you want it to go all to your gut, yes.

Yeah, this is a myth. Excess stomach fat comes from consuming too many calories, no matter where those calories come from. There's nothing specific about beer that causes people to develop huge guts.
2012-06-01, 6:58 PM #28
Hey guys how about eating whatever the hell you want (except cyanide and other such things), but in moderate and sensible amounts, and keep stuff that has excess salt, excess sugar, and trans fats at a minimum.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2012-06-01, 7:00 PM #29
and then mix it all together in a blender
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-06-01, 7:07 PM #30
Yeah, this is a myth. Excess stomach fat comes from consuming too many calories, no matter where those calories come from. There's nothing specific about beer that causes people to develop huge guts.

Says the lawyer.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-01, 7:16 PM #31

I wasn't mentioning it as cold fact, just from personal experience as someone who would eat a lot and not see anything, then started drinking beer more regularly and not even eat as much and suddenly saw a change from a lack of stomach to a normal one. I'm sure part of it was coincidence, and part of it's just beer having little else other than calories.
2012-06-01, 8:10 PM #32
Originally posted by Antony:
Says the lawyer.

I'm a real juris doctor!

Originally posted by Gebohq:
I wasn't mentioning it as cold fact, just from personal experience as someone who would eat a lot and not see anything, then started drinking beer more regularly and not even eat as much and suddenly saw a change from a lack of stomach to a normal one. I'm sure part of it was coincidence, and part of it's just beer having little else other than calories.

I mean, yeah, it's probably just that even though you ate less, your overall calorie intake increased. If you'd started drinking mixed drinks regularly instead of beer, you'd probably have noticed an even greater change.

Obviously my original post was in jest, though; beer is something to consume because you enjoy it, not because it will make you healthier.
2012-06-01, 8:47 PM #33
well thanks for nothing :argh:
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-06-01, 9:32 PM #34
Oh, except that Tracer should drink all the beers, based on my close evaluation of his specific dietary needs.
2012-06-01, 9:35 PM #35
What a crock of ****.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-01, 9:38 PM #36
Get out, you're killing Tracer's extremely healthy buzz.
2012-06-01, 9:42 PM #37
brb drinking all the beers
all beers
everywhere
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-06-01, 9:43 PM #38
tracer don't eat too many hot dogs i guess is my advice but i think spinach is good i want to eat more, do this why don't ya, if strawberries are good right now, and they are, chop some up, w/ some nuts, and toss 'em with spinach leaves and you will be like

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
2012-06-01, 9:52 PM #39
Originally posted by Tracer:
brb drinking all the beers
all beers
everywhere

Get your hands off my beer, you dirty Canadian!
2012-06-01, 10:09 PM #40
Welcome back to Massassi, saberopus! I think we've all missed you.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!