Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Dark Knight Blows a Bunch of Dudes an Ruins the Trilogy
The Dark Knight Blows a Bunch of Dudes an Ruins the Trilogy
2012-06-15, 1:40 PM #1
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh6SriAjdE[/URL]

OK, Im one of the Biggest Nolan fans. Following, Memento, Insomnia, The Prestige, all amazing movies.

The trailer, looks like it will be a pretty good movie as far as film goes. Yet, as a Batman fan, im deeply upset. Half (sometimes more than half) of what makes batman cool are the villins he encounters.

Catwoman? Bane? Wow, talk about the two most plane and uninteresting charecters ever. I would have rather seen the MadHatter than either of those fucks.

The joker, two face, those are some of the best. I know it would be hard to top, but in the infinite well of (dc characters) batman villains they couldn't do anything a little bit more interesting?

I would love to see Nolan do a serious interpretation of all these characters.

WISH LIST

Clayface (fuck it!)
Killer Crock
Poison Ivy
Penguin- (honestly love the tim butron version with danny devito. Dont know if it can be topped, (especially post always sunny)
Mr. Freeze-(dont care how stupid it may seem to do, Id love for it to be done.
Riddler-( I thought it was the next logical step, especially after Joker dies. We need another comedian!)
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-06-15, 1:55 PM #2
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Catwoman? Bane? Wow, talk about the two most plane and uninteresting charecters ever.

1. if i still thought your opinions had any validity around here this would have made them invalid... you managed to make your invalid opinions even less valid... negative validity

2. it's plain, not plane
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-06-15, 2:11 PM #3
Sry about the typo, but i stick by what i said.

A woman that really likes cats and a dude that's bad but super strong.....

Yeah real chainsawing creative. Real entertaining. That not a stretch at all. Those people are so individual they totally don't exist in this ****ty world we live in now.

Nope those are brand new ideas. They have not been in a similar movie or anything.

But then again, i suppose your expectations aren't as high as mine. You think that Bane as a master plan kinda bad guy is plausible hu?

Good for you.

EDIT: Ohhh yeah i forgot, *****es with cats and buff ********s do exist. If i wanted to watch them on screen, id film my white suburban neighbor hood with a camera instead of having Noaln abort a baby all over my face for three hours, thanks.
2012-06-15, 2:20 PM #4
You think that Band as a master plan kinda bad guy is plausible hu?

no idea who Band is but Bane does possess a genius level intellect and is a master strategist (among other things) the enhanced strength is just icing on the cake

please tell me you aren't thinking of bane as he is shown in batnipples & robin
2012-06-15, 2:26 PM #5
Bane and Catwoman. They seem like logical choices for the trilogy to me.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-06-15, 2:45 PM #6
Its not just the movies that represent him as such, read a comic book.

If your happy with this decision than be content, im sure it will be visually fascinating. Actually, no it wont be. CGI buffness doesnt seem that cool at all.

I had the same problem with the first one. Batman begins was so boring. Scarecorw was the most interesting thing about it. I mean dont get me wrong, i love liam nisson, but what a fucking boring charecter to watch. What a boring movie in general. Fucking katie holms (or whatever)'s hard nipples at the end were the most exciting thing about that movie. And I HATE that *****.

If your gunna throw that logical characters (villins) in a logical world **** at me you can stfu right now.

They already did the joker, and scarecrow, not to mention two face.

If you can believe that a guy would run around in purple and makeup you can believe in a really realy cold guy that freezes stuff...

And also, if your using this logical REAL wold as a basis why not the riddler. That seems infinitely more entertaining that fucking bane. From ther you have the ability to put batman in a series of situations where he has to think to get out. If nolan were to do it from than angle and make it more suspenseful, it may have been amazing. Alas all i see is more of what the public wants. More explosions and a hideous batmobile. Action, that's the bottom line I guess.

But i guess you liked that batmobile too hu?

This is so stupid and the fact that your ok with it makes it twice as bad. No wonder they keep making bad choices, your encouraging their stupid decisions.
2012-06-15, 2:59 PM #7
i have read a comic book

BANE IS A GENIUS IN THE COMIC BOOKS

the Knightfall story arc (the one that everyone thinks of when you bring up Bane) happened during the time I was really into the Batman comics so I have read some comics involving Bane

also could you please take the time i spell things correctly if you're going to spew out stupid arguements "huh" "villians"

oh and CGI buffness? no the actor playing bane put in the work and buffed himself up, it won't be the super buff venom enhanced Bane but the dude won't be some skinny twig either
2012-06-15, 3:01 PM #8
Jesus chainsawing christ. Stop saying "chainsawing" and at least attempt to spell correctly.

Oh so I guess chainsawing is some kind of idiotic censorship now. Other points still stand.

Also, all of your views on movies are horrible and misinformed. Stop.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-15, 3:01 PM #9

WISH LIST

Clayface (chainsaw it!)
Killer Crock
Poison Ivy
Penguin- (honestly love the tim butron version with danny devito. Dont know if it can be topped, (especially post always sunny)
Mr. Freeze-(dont care how stupid it may seem to do, Id love for it to be done.
Riddler-( I thought it was the next logical step, especially after Joker dies. We need another comedian!)

These are all terrible ideas. Penguin might be ok as a secondary villain, but the rest don't fit at all.
2012-06-15, 3:06 PM #10
Yea if you think Bane is a bad choice for a villain you obviously aren't even moderately into comic books. He's basically a mirror image of Batman (whereas the Joker is something else entirely) so he is the logical choice.

Don't think of Bane as what you saw in Batman and Robin. People thought that the Joker was exactly how he was portrayed by Jack Nicholson, and look how that turned out.
2012-06-15, 3:09 PM #11
Is this even out yet?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-06-15, 3:13 PM #12
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i have read a comic book

BANE IS A GENIUS IN THE COMIC BOOKS

the Knightfall story arc (the one that everyone thinks of when you bring up Bane) happened during the time I was really into the Batman comics so I have read some comics involving Bane

also could you please take the time i spell things correctly if you're going to spew out stupid arguements "huh" "villians"

oh and CGI buffness? no the actor playing bane put in the work and buffed himself up, it won't be the super buff venom enhanced Bane but the dude won't be some skinny twig either

Just because that what wiki cites (knightfall) doesn't make it definitively so. There are more comics representing bane as more of a powerhouse than an intellectual. Just because some writers at dc got the go ahead to create a bane specific story and thus attempting to make him cool doesn't mean thats the way he is always. The stories where hes the main character or smart are isolated incidents and apart from that they sucked anyway.

Bane sucks. chainsaw Bane

The fact that hes not even going to be dramatically different (no visible sings of venom or strength) that a regular person is even worse. Way to not try.

I dont want to see these regular people, i want to see larger than life characters with distinct physical characteristics.

Tom Hardy on top of it. How stupid. Yep, that guy looks like hes been in jail most of his life.

ALSO: I never said my wish list was plausible, or even a good idea. Its just what id like to see. What id WISH for.

Thats why it was a Wish list and not a whats going to be financially successful while still remaining cool to all these kids were marketing to.

I still hate this.

I still want clayface :colbert:

or catman
2012-06-15, 3:24 PM #13
Just because that what wiki cites (knightfall) doesn't make it definitively so. There are more comics representing bane as more of a powerhouse than an intellectual. Just because some writers at dc got the go ahead to create a bane specific story and thus attempting to make him cool doesn't mean thats the way he is always. The stories where hes the main character or smart are isolated incidents and apart from that they sucked anyway.

Knightfall was almost immediately after the character was introduced... you can't toss it aside because you're a whiny little kid who prefers other villians especially when it's the characters most famous moment.
2012-06-15, 3:25 PM #14
In isolation a good Riddler-villain movie would be a great thing to watch, but Nolan's Batman hasn't gone to any lengths to portray Batman as the world's greatest detective, it would be a stretch to give him those traits 3 movies in. And Batman needs those traits to go up against Riddler.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2012-06-15, 3:26 PM #15
[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Det311.png]
There really wasnt too much of a difference between the two jokers. From 1989 to 2008, i think given the lapse of time we can forgive the similarities but they were essentially the same. Both were humorous, yet psychotic and violent. Just because things couldn't get as "real" in the 80's doesn't mean it was any different. For the time, it was a big deal to see jack shooting people, or electrocuting people with one o those hand-shake buzzers.

Really tho, pretty much unanimous. Everyone loves bane hu?

Crazy

You guys need your batman opinions spoon fed to you.

Oh wait they are, by big bad Noaln.

Keep taking it in stride.

Really though, who doesn't love cat-man. Hes got everything cat-woman doesn't have including a penis!!

What an infinitely better character than catwoman. His (much larger than the female[its science]) man brain and all his man muscles make him a much more worthy opponent. Plus you can punch him in the face and its ok!

Hay, speaking of Anchorman jokes, how do you guys feel about the new one (since we obviously disagree about bane)
2012-06-15, 3:28 PM #16
Tom Hardy on top of it. How stupid. Yep, that guy looks like hes been in jail most of his life.

Yeah, I know. Tom Hardy has never played a tough guy or a criminal. He definitely hasn't played either of those things multiple times in his career.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-15, 3:38 PM #17
Knightfall was almost immediately after the character was introduced... you can't toss it aside because you're a whiny little kid who prefers other villians especially when it's the characters most famous moment.

It came out in 95, bane was introduced in 93...

Just because it came out a few years later doesn't make it the ultimate representation. How can you expect others to honer it so colosly as you have obviously done?

Just because its an older representation, it doesn't make it right either.

The original representations of superman was where hed didnt fly at all but just jumped tall buildings with a single bound. Yet this isint the superman we know today.

Sorry your clingin to some story line that came out 7 years ago when you were a whiny little kid.

And you CAN toss it aside.

Watch

[http://static.flickr.com/66/220748712_696db8dfa1_o.gif]
2012-06-15, 4:36 PM #18
Are you kidding me? seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Bane (if done properly) is one of the most bad ass characters in the batman story line EVER. I do not say bad ass as in, OH! hes a big buff guy YEEAAHHH MEAATTTT HEADDDSSS!!! WOOO!!!! AGAAAGFBOAGNE!!! as has already been pointed out (and you for some reason keep dismissing) Bane is a GOD DAMN GENIUS! The venom that makes him all crazy buff is almost more of an addiction than a help. Like i said before, if his character is done properly it will be absolutely amazing. Based on how they portrayed the villains in the two previous movies i think there is a VERY good chance that they will get bane right.

Seriously stop flailing about wildly screaming "SOUP!!! why cant i get any SOUP!!!!???" while the guy behind you is calmly trying to hand you soup.
everyone will be happier and no one will be burnt when you spill the soup you keep screaming for but apparently don't actually want.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-06-15, 5:22 PM #19
Wow... I've been coming to this website less and less over the years... but this is a real shot of nostalgia. Its like that er.. Golden kid all over again.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-06-15, 5:40 PM #20
everyone in this thread with darth in his name is a moron
also everyone else
also me
but mostly the darths
2012-06-15, 6:22 PM #21
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
Bad Soup Metaphor

Its more like I was expecting Cream of Chicken with Rice (YUM! CAPS!) after a superb salami and turky sandwich (the dark knight) and was handed beef barley instead (eww no caps)...

Then some guy starts saying the barley is better

Then a guys says that the two are the same

What nonsense

Furthermore, you though you were the grandfather of soup metaphors- this is not so.

I started it long before you did...

You guys need your batman opinions spoon fed to you.

SEE! The spoon is a obvious reference to either soup or Jesus Christ.

I mean what else do you use a spoon for, except cereal

and ice cream

and pasta sometimes (think mac and cheese... its still technically pasta)

Ok so you do other things with spoon a spoon, big deal.

Bane still sucks :colbert:
2012-06-15, 7:02 PM #22
Bane and Catwoman seem the best two choices for TDKR because they are the easiest to ground in the more "realistic" world of Chris Nolan's movies. The Penguin could work too, maybe​ Poison Ivy. The Riddler would feel to much like a retread of TDK. Killer Croc, Clayface, and Mr. Freeze are stretching it.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2012-06-15, 7:13 PM #23
Fair enough... You may have subliminally influenced my choice of food based, crappy metaphors.
But food aside, why is it exactly that you think bane is a bad choice other than you dont really seem to know a lot about him and think he may suck because.... Why exactly?

And tibby... Just stop. Your becoming more of a one trick pony than me.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-06-15, 7:42 PM #24
It came out in 95, bane was introduced in 93...

"Knightfall" is the title given to a major Batman story arc published by DC Comics that dominated Batman-related serial comic books in the spring and summer of 1993. "Knightfall" is also an umbrella title for the trilogy of storylines that ran from 1993 to 1994, consisting of "Knightfall", "Knightquest", and "KnightsEnd".[SUP][note 1][/SUP] Collectively, they are unofficially known as the KnightSaga

i hate copy/pasting wikipedia but i'm not digging my comics out of storage

Sorry your clingin to some story line that came out 7 years ago when you were a whiny little kid.

i'm hoping this was a typo and not severe math fail or a failure to know what year it is but i wouldn't be surprised if you are that retarded
2012-06-15, 7:45 PM #25
I just don't like such a visually dull character in a time where the look of everything is trying to be Michael Bay. Bigger and better. Not that I like the way he does, it or even that trend in particular, but nolan being such an accomplished director, id like him to take more of a challenge. He played this wayy to safe, and it was the end. He could have done anything he wanted because this was his last one and this is what he chose. I can now squelch the dreams in my head of all these batman characters put in the "real" universe of Noaln.

Id, like to see some fantastic gci plants or an ice kingdom, or some elaborate riddler traps. There are all very real tangible visually stimulating images.

Aesthetically banes got nothing. Nothing that would interest me anyways, because im not really taken with the character to begin with. I actually have quite the comic collection (even owning a few silver age green lanterns and batman comics). Everything that i have depicts bane and someone's tool. Whether its ivy ot cat-woman, there is always someone holding his leash. I like that interpretation of threat character. It makes sense, especially if hes super strong and has been in jain most of his life.

Im aware of all his original versions. I get it. It makes sense. Getting smart in jail, addiction to venom. Im just more satisfied with the other interpretation of that character,

It mat be gimmicky, but i love the riddler and penguin. They are just awesome, well done characters.

As ive pointed out in my posts before, riddler would be an awesome one to throw in the world. Ivy, Penguin and Crock could also be done. (if you can do bane you can do crock)

I admit that freeze is impractical and clayface will NEVER happen, but i can wish.

They may have tim burton do a batman later and hell cast johnny depp as the mad hatter. The new batman villain. Jack Skellington plays batman, and abe Lincoln vampire hunter might step in too.
2012-06-15, 7:53 PM #26
They may have tim burton do a batman later and hell cast johnny depp as the mad hatter. The new batman villain. Jack Skellington plays batman, and abe Lincoln vampire hunter might step in too.
and an upbeat but off-key score by Danny Elfman, and Helena Bonham Carter as who gives a ****
2012-06-15, 7:55 PM #27
"Knightfall" is the title given to a major Batman story arc published by DC Comics that dominated Batman-related serial comic books in the spring and summer of 1993. "Knightfall" is also an umbrella title for the trilogy of storylines that ran from 1993 to 1994, consisting of "Knightfall", "Knightquest", and "KnightsEnd".[SUP][note 1][/SUP] Collectively, they are unofficially known as the KnightSaga
i hate copy/pasting wikipedia but i'm not digging my comics out of storage
i'm hoping this was a typo and not severe math fail or a failure to know what year it is but i wouldn't be surprised if you are that retarded

Yeah, sorry for not typing the 1. I though it came out in 95 obviously and you seem to know more about this particular character than me. At least i was close, you gotta gimme that. I know more than most, buts obviously not as much as some.

that's fine. I still don't like it.

Also, i love how the quote edited away your insult, but the quote never lies.

Anyway, you missed the point. I should have just did that super man analogy and left it at that.

Your just like america, focusing on the wrong thing.

Just because its an older representation, it doesn't make it right either.

The original representations of superman was where hed didnt fly at all but just jumped tall buildings with a single bound. Yet this isint the superman we know today.
2012-06-15, 8:01 PM #28
Originally posted by Jon`C:
and an upbeat but off-key score by Danny Elfman, and Helena Bonham Carter as who gives a ****

hahaha i was soooo gunnna throw in his "wife" lolol. I was gunna say she was either batman or robin or both, but though it was goin too far.

LOLOL Yes, lots of trumpets and wayyy too much declamatory ****.. Ya know Burton just likes gettin depp in alot of white make-up. ed wood, ed penishands, dark shadows....... wtf........
2012-06-15, 8:24 PM #29
tim burton should just make Johnny Depp: The Movie

Starring Helena Bonham Carter as Johnny Depp and Johnny Depp as Helena Bonham Carter
2012-06-15, 8:37 PM #30
with an upbeat but off-key score by Danny Elfman
2012-06-15, 8:37 PM #31
it will be well-received by critics and audiences alike
2012-06-15, 8:46 PM #32
Originally posted by Jon`C:
with an upbeat but off-key score by Danny Elfman

In stop-motion

Anyways, not sure what all the fuss is about, Bane is a chainsawing awesome character.

[Edit: how long has the replacing swear words been going on. I like it!]
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2012-06-15, 9:33 PM #33
if i chose the replacements i would have gone with farscape replacements... none of this frelling chainsaw dren
2012-06-15, 10:15 PM #34
I say Bane and Catwoman are about as well known as Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul, and nobody had a problem with them.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2012-06-15, 10:33 PM #35
Huh? Catwoman is VERY well known to non-Batman fans, something I can't say about any of the others you mentioned.
2012-06-15, 10:39 PM #36
Quote:
I dont want to see these regular people, i want to see larger than life characters with distinct physical characteristics.

Are you serious? What movies have you been watching? Nolan interpretation suits physiological villains, not sci-fi villains. Next you'll be complaining because there is no robin.
2012-06-15, 10:47 PM #37
Perhaps well known was the wrong phrase. Popular may be more appropriate.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2012-06-16, 10:44 AM #38
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Are you serious? What movies have you been watching? Nolan interpretation suits physiological villains, not sci-fi villains. Next you'll be complaining because there is no robin.

What the fuck is a "physiological villain"?
2012-06-16, 11:53 AM #39
fuck

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

fucking.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-06-16, 4:59 PM #40
The fuck?

[edit] Appears CM turned off the filter. It's about damned time, honestly. [/edit]

↑ Up to the top!