Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Dark Knight Blows a Bunch of Dudes an Ruins the Trilogy
The Dark Knight Blows a Bunch of Dudes an Ruins the Trilogy
2012-06-16, 5:03 PM #41
You mean that we can say chainsaw?

Edit: JM, interesting definition of "turned off".
2012-06-16, 5:10 PM #42
fuck
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2012-06-16, 5:26 PM #43
This new swear filter is almost as dumb as Xasthur.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-06-16, 5:54 PM #44
I honestly don't know what the flying chainsaw you are all talking about.

/edit I now know.

Anyway, on to Bane. Knightfall, he was good. he also plays a part in the No Man's Land story line, kind of a cameo. But that was well done as well. And the Riddler is no comedian. He will smack you around with his genius and then watch you pretty much kill yourself. The only way I can see him working is pretty much been done (Saw). Kinda like Arkham City, actually. But, everyone has their opinion, of course. Its just that Batman, or any superhero, actually, doesn't have that many interesting villains that could be realistically done. Personally, I think tossing Two-Face at the end of TDK was too much. Could have made a whole movie with him, I think. But I can't wait to see what is done with Bane.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-06-16, 8:09 PM #45
The entire basis of the storyline of TDKR is that the city rallied around the death of Harvey Dent and has become a very peaceful place. That's why Batman is retired. That's why it's such a big deal when Bane shows up and starts raising hell.

The entire story revolves around the fact that Harvey Dent became Two Face, died, and Batman/Gordon covered it up to make him look like a hero.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-17, 11:08 AM #46
hahahahaha "Physiological Villain" is my new favorite idea.
2012-06-17, 11:50 AM #47
I haven't seen this much b'awww about how bad a movie you haven't even seen yet is since CM's posts in the Avatar threads! ;)
2012-06-17, 1:46 PM #48

YES. ALL THE B'AWWWWS
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2012-06-19, 2:22 AM #49
The current Batman trilogy is taking on a more 'realistic' approach. The technology might be futuristic but it's quite clear he's purposely avoided overly silly things like Clayface, Killer Crock or Poison Ivy (not to mention the rest of the infinite pool of ridiculousness).
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-06-19, 3:53 PM #50
Whining about a film that hasn't even come out yet makes supreme amounts of sense.
nope.
2012-06-19, 7:25 PM #51
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQqjK47c04&feature=player_embedded

Drool.
My blawgh.
2012-06-19, 10:10 PM #52
I really wasn't blown away by any of the trailers until I saw that one. I wanted to masturbate to it. (wanted to?)
>>untie shoes
2012-06-19, 11:40 PM #53
Originally posted by saberopus:
hahahahaha "Physiological Villain" is my new favorite idea.

Well, it's bane, so technically, he's both psychological and physiological.
2012-06-19, 11:43 PM #54
so he's psychophsyiologishpical?
>>untie shoes
2012-06-20, 1:11 AM #55
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Whining about a film that hasn't even come out yet makes supreme amounts of sense.

It's Xasthur, I'm pretty sure he's never made sense in his entire life.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2012-06-20, 6:44 AM #56
I've seen many things. SF_GoldG_01 trying to swindle a bunch of people into a beach scheme of all things. yodason45(sp?) claiming that he had finished a 600 MB Zelda mod for Jedi Knight but just couldn't release it. All kinds of relationship / religious 'discussion' threads. Joren Darkstar. Pagewizard_YKS (who made two bloody good levels, though). Casperhead and all the other JO/JA multiplayer idiots. darth_canalope(loupe?cantalope?cantaloupe?etc?). Pugler and his "Yoda's House" or the whole "bear" nickname phase. Someone accusing the community of being hypocrites since they weren't editing Republic Commando that had absolutely horrendous editing tools to begin with. MechWarrior. Random degenerates registering out of nowhere, posting something offensive, getting banned - possibly returning back to repeat the process. The ReTard saga of 2005 (along with all #nar and JKDF2.net related issues). Ham Yoyo harassing a 13-year-old girl. THRAWN and his odd mother issues. c@rni Yooled.

Usually I have to click the actual thread to see something outright abysmally decrepit but this time I actually could decipher something about its quality from its title alone. I'm not even one of the oldest members but after all these years, this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on these forums. No matter what the original intentions might have been. It is not the most offensive one. Just. Horrible.

Yet many have also come back from the pits of trash. Time will tell.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-06-20, 7:41 AM #57
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
darth_canalope(loupe?cantalope?cantaloupe?etc?).

He was my favorite.

[edit:
darth canalope|!!|00002306
darth canaloep|!!|00002311
darth cantlaope|!!|00002315
darth canaloupe|!!|00002329
darth cantalope|!!|00002335
darth cantaloupe|!!|00002350
darth cantaIope|!!|00002352

Impressive.]
2012-06-20, 8:04 AM #58
I've seen many things. SF_GoldG_01 trying to swindle a bunch of people into a beach scheme of all things. yodason45(sp?) claiming that he had finished a 600 MB Zelda mod for Jedi Knight but just couldn't release it. All kinds of relationship / religious 'discussion' threads. Joren Darkstar. Pagewizard_YKS (who made two bloody good levels, though). Casperhead and all the other JO/JA multiplayer idiots. darth_canalope(loupe?cantalope?cantaloupe?etc?). Pugler and his "Yoda's House" or the whole "bear" nickname phase. Someone accusing the community of being hypocrites since they weren't editing Republic Commando that had absolutely horrendous editing tools to begin with. MechWarrior. Random degenerates registering out of nowhere, posting something offensive, getting banned - possibly returning back to repeat the process. The ReTard saga of 2005 (along with all #nar and JKDF2.net related issues). Ham Yoyo harassing a 13-year-old girl. THRAWN and his odd mother issues. c@rni Yooled.

Usually I have to click the actual thread to see something outright abysmally decrepit but this time I actually could decipher something about its quality from its title alone. I'm not even one of the oldest members but after all these years, this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on these forums. No matter what the original intentions might have been. It is not the most offensive one. Just. Horrible.

I love you, FGR. All of you.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-20, 8:09 AM #59
All the stuff FastGamerr just said

That is one of the longest, most descriptive and most emphatic "this thread sucks" posts I have ever seen.
2012-06-21, 4:17 AM #60

[http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/applause_gif.gif]
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2012-06-21, 10:14 PM #61
His eyes says "I'm clapping now but killing later"
2012-06-22, 1:27 AM #62
He'd kill for some Rosebud Frozen Peas.
nope.
2012-06-22, 1:34 AM #63
Nice

↑ Up to the top!