Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → :(
:(
2018-06-28, 10:05 PM #321
Hey, so is anybody going to mention how Milo Yiannopoulos was recently advocating for "vigilantes" to start "gunning down journalists"?

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll
2018-06-28, 10:33 PM #322
Well, Milo Yiannopolis said he'd like to see journalists get gunned down on sight two days prior. So if it turns out this guy follows Milo, he may have genuinely been a mentally disturbed person influenced by Mercer-funded white supremacist guys, so.. yeah I mean, judgment has to wait for evidence.. but we can't just isolate each and every incidence as though people's cultural context is irrelevant.
2018-06-28, 10:33 PM #323
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
Hey, so is anybody going to mention how Milo Yiannopoulos was recently advocating for "vigilantes" to start "gunning down journalists"?

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll

Just saw that, yeah.
2018-06-28, 10:38 PM #324

Pointing that out is narrative getting ahead of facts.

There were *so* many people who were attributing this attack to Milo and Trump before we had a lick of information about the shooter. It's really a good example of if you have enough people saying something online, eventually it becomes a way that frames an event in your mind, no matter how disconnected from reality it is.

It's a very twisted version of wishful thinking: people want their biases to be confirmed so, so very badly.
former entrepreneur
2018-06-28, 10:40 PM #325
But to be honest, I'll take people trying to blame Trump tenuously over ****ing **** like this:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-hannity-immediately-blames-maxine-waters-for-capitol-gazette-shooting
2018-06-28, 10:41 PM #326
Originally posted by Eversor:

There were *so* many people who were attributing this attack to Milo and Trump before we had a lick of information about the shooter. It's really a good example of if you have enough people saying something online, eventually it becomes a way that frames an event in your mind, no matter how disconnected from reality it is.

It's a very twisted version of wishful thinking: people want their biases to be confirmed so, so very badly.

Strange that you single out the people attacking Milo and Trump, but not the Republicans who are blaming Maxine Waters.
2018-06-28, 10:47 PM #327
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Strange that you single out the people attacking Milo and Trump, but not the Republicans who are blaming Maxine Waters.

It's not strange. I hadn't heard about that.
former entrepreneur
2018-06-28, 10:48 PM #328
Originally posted by Eversor:

It helps if you stop caring what random idiots on Twitter do.
2018-06-28, 10:49 PM #329
Originally posted by Reid:
It helps if you stop caring what random idiots on Twitter do.

Like the president of the United States?
2018-06-28, 10:49 PM #330
Or random people here..?
former entrepreneur
2018-06-28, 10:55 PM #331
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Like the president of the United States?

i just realized trump is what happens when you give a random twitter idiot nuclear codes
2018-06-28, 11:09 PM #332
Originally posted by Reid:
i just realized trump is what happens when you give a random twitter idiot nuclear codes

I don't understand what that means, but I know it's a bad deal.
2018-06-28, 11:14 PM #333
It's a pre-election 4chan meme.

Originally posted by /pol:
Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is ****ing hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.
2018-06-28, 11:23 PM #334

“Do you know what that means? They know what it means,” he said, pointing behind him. “I don’t know what the hell it means. I just know it’s a bad deal. What the hell does that mean?”

- Trump, discussing what feed grain means.
2018-06-28, 11:34 PM #335
We can't let this guy get the trade codes!
2018-06-29, 4:26 PM #336

"former"?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2018-06-29, 5:14 PM #337
Memes work even better if you use broken English.
2018-06-29, 6:59 PM #338
Memes work even better if you use broken English.

Da

↑ Up to the top!