Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → third topic, but i figured out somthing and i want to know if i am stupid
third topic, but i figured out somthing and i want to know if i am stupid
2004-01-22, 1:14 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
Guess what? DBZ had it's good moments, and some nice things. Not really.

Guess what again? The original Dragon Ball-series though owns DBZ, and the manga Dragon Ball (which is both DB and DBZ) owns them all! DB manga is pretty shabby for a manga. It's like the took the show and added in more crappy bald man humor

Guess also what? DBZ was very badly dubbed in America. Thus it has created again a very bad image of anime in America. That isn't it..really.. The show sucked in japanese just as much. A show doesn't change in animation and plot based on a dub.

Guess also again what? There are thousands of times more better manga and anime series than any Dragon Ball? Yes...THOUSANDS. Most anime shown on TV sucks...MOST. Pokemon WTF is that?!?!? Any show with children and there animals should die! Monster Rancher and Digimon BLEH!! Go rent some anime or buy it...but the TV just slaughters it

And finally guess what? DBZ sucks?

Go watch Bebop...ALL OF YOU!

</font>

How does the tv sluagter it? there are some anime *coughyugicough* that where bad compaired to the manga in the japanese version. It is just the company that makes it. Also, the reson why you may think bebop is better is because it is for mature audiances. It makes me sick when people knock things just because it does not have swearing and blood and guts in it. There are many things that are rated "g" that are still good to watch.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-01-22, 1:17 PM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Whelly:
http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com/namepuns.shtml

Take a look (a couple pop-ups), and you'll find their is a pun to every name in DB. The translators must've been really hungry while naming the characters. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

stop blameing the translators. Most of those puns are from the original. most of them loose their pun during the translation because of the keeping the mouth movements slightly synced with the voices.

------------------
2004-01-22, 1:31 PM #43
Rod-nog, DB and Pokemon and Digimon are for 7 year old kids. Are you suprised that it doesn't appeal to teenagers? You really shouldn't be. If you want something better go find something you like for crying out loud

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited January 22, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-01-22, 1:34 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
Also, the reson why you may think bebop is better is because it is for mature audiances. It makes me sick when people knock things just because it does not have swearing and blood and guts in it. There are many things that are rated "g" that are still good to watch.

</font>

That's a bad arguement for at least 2 reasons:

1) That is not what makes Cowboy Bebop a great anime! It's the story, the way the scenes are put together, the way the music goes so well with the scenes, etc.

2) DBZ is actually supposed to be really bloody and violent, with swearing left and right. Most of it has just been edited out.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-01-22, 2:35 PM #45
Yeah, DBZ unedited has like nudity and lots of blood and guts and swears...It makes Bebop look like Barney and Friends. Did you know that Sailor Moon is the most edited anime EVER? It was intended for 18+ audiences... TURNED INTO A KIDS SHOW! It was like NC-17, then they take it to america BAM!

I don't watch anime for the blood or language. I take offense to that! I watch it because it's damn good and well made! Learn your facts.

Anime like DBZ should be burned! They put almost no time into the Dub, it has a soundtrack that sounds like your a shard of glass is haveing sex with your ear. The story sucks. It never goes anywhere. They TRY and get the same laughs in every episode. Goku is always ALMOST DEAD. Then he magically gets REALLY PISSED OFF and the ba guy is like "OMG MY GOGGLES TELL ME YOUR STRONG...THIS CANNOT BE!" then goku is like "OMG j00 are evil and I am good now you will die!" then Krillin who was eating popcorn the whole time "DESTRUCTO DISK Omgz!" then he sits back down and dissapears and then suddenly Goku and the Enemy are alone in some huge desert then it's like "WUZ GONNA HAPPEN?!?! FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DBZ!"

Bebop has a good dub, good music, good plot, best anime series ever. EVER.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited January 22, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-22, 2:41 PM #46
http://starterupsteve.servepics.com/swf/dbz.html? (If you get 404, hit refresh)

this IS DBZ every episode. hahahaha more entertaining then the actual show.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited January 22, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-22, 4:01 PM #47
Ok we get it. You don't like DBZ. Not everyone is you.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-01-22, 5:33 PM #48
Haha, Rod-Nog is *****ing because there's no effort put into the crappy American dub. I can see how obviously that is the fault of the Japanese people that animated and did the voice overs for it almost 20 years ago. Yup, completely ignore when it was made and buy who, and just attack it because America decided to whore another well made Japanese cartoon to make as much money as they could from the children who watch it.
Go figure.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-01-22, 7:19 PM #49
I absolutely hate narrow-minded asses who say "I don't like anime" because of a few bad cartoons.

In my opinion, rejecting anime over a few "bad cartoons" which they probably haven't even watched is as idiotic as saying "I don't like black people" because they saw some movie somewhere where the bad guy was black or some BS stereotyping like that.

------------------
Duel Zero : Released the beta. Probably the end of it. Not to worry though, I'm working on Randsaber, which is a lot better.

[This message has been edited by Checksum (edited January 22, 2004).]
2004-01-22, 7:22 PM #50
Any American movie? That might be just a bit of a stretch [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 7:13 PM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
That's a bad arguement for at least 2 reasons:

1) That is not what makes Cowboy Bebop a great anime! It's the story, the way the scenes are put together, the way the music goes so well with the scenes, etc.

2) DBZ is actually supposed to be really bloody and violent, with swearing left and right. Most of it has just been edited out.

</font>

dude, the swearing is not in there a lot. most of the swearing is not super harsh. it is the fansubbers that put it in to make it seem interesting.

------------------
2004-01-23, 7:16 PM #52
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
Yeah, DBZ unedited has like nudity and lots of blood and guts and swears...It makes Bebop look like Barney and Friends. Did you know that Sailor Moon is the most edited anime EVER? It was intended for 18+ audiences... TURNED INTO A KIDS SHOW! It was like NC-17, then they take it to america BAM!

I don't watch anime for the blood or language. I take offense to that! I watch it because it's damn good and well made! Learn your facts.

Anime like DBZ should be burned! They put almost no time into the Dub, it has a soundtrack that sounds like your a shard of glass is haveing sex with your ear. The story sucks. It never goes anywhere. They TRY and get the same laughs in every episode. Goku is always ALMOST DEAD. Then he magically gets REALLY PISSED OFF and the ba guy is like "OMG MY GOGGLES TELL ME YOUR STRONG...THIS CANNOT BE!" then goku is like "OMG j00 are evil and I am good now you will die!" then Krillin who was eating popcorn the whole time "DESTRUCTO DISK Omgz!" then he sits back down and dissapears and then suddenly Goku and the Enemy are alone in some huge desert then it's like "WUZ GONNA HAPPEN?!?! FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DBZ!"

Bebop has a good dub, good music, good plot, best anime series ever. EVER.

</font>

you expect DIC to make anything BUT a kids show.

also, if you want good DBZ, try watching something beyond the freeza saga.

------------------
2004-01-23, 7:20 PM #53
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:
I absolutely hate narrow-minded asses who say "I don't like anime" because of a few bad cartoons.

In my opinion, rejecting anime over a few "bad cartoons" which they probably haven't even watched is as idiotic as saying "I don't like black people" because they saw some movie somewhere where the bad guy was black or some BS stereotyping like that.

</font>

This coming from a person who has a narrow-mindd view of me. (and probably losts of other people)

------------------

↑ Up to the top!