Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Favorite Guitarist
Favorite Guitarist
2004-05-23, 9:03 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
Not everybody likes solos... and just because its complex, that doesn't automatically make it good. My friend was once playing some music to me and I said something along the lines of "this sucks"... his response was "do you know how difficult that is to play?!?"

"Nope, don't care".

</font>

Listen to Technical Difficulties by Racer X. Quite hard to play. Very good song.

Or maybe Wolf and Raven by Sonata Arctica.

Just because it's a complex solo, that doesn't make it bad.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-05-24, 4:38 AM #42
Please read what I say, i'm making the exact opposite point.

Just because something is complex, that doesn't mean its good.

I didn't say that I thought complex music was bad.

Jeez.... i'm in the mood to murder people today.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-05-24, 4:23 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
Meh. There's more to guitar than rock.
</font>

Hey man, I put Django Reinhardt. Plus the rolling stone article mentioned Robert Johnson.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-05-24, 7:06 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dry gear the frog:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tracer:
Meh. There's more to guitar than rock.
</font>

Hey man, I put Django Reinhardt. Plus the rolling stone article mentioned Robert Johnson.

[/B]

Django is so in right now. Everyone I know is talking about him or writing songs about him ~ Jump "Mexico"

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-05-24, 10:09 PM #45
Put me down for the venerable Django Reinhardt (amazing how he pioneered guitar playing just because two of his fingers were fused together in a fire) and Brian May. Maybe even Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I'm sorry if mine sound a bit popularist, but I don't play guitar. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-05-25, 6:49 AM #46
Hrem, I can't beleive no one's mentionned Alexi and Roope.. but whatever

my favorite guitarist ever is Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom, Sinergy) might not be the best, but goddamn, his sweeping style is beyond awesome.

And then, well, Roope Latvala, of Stone (80's finnish metal band) he's still a legend among Finnish guitarists, and now he plays alongside Laiho in Sinergy, woo.

Of course, can't forget Petrucci, Vai, Satriani, Malmsteem and the whole G3 posse.

Micheal Romeo (Symphony X) is also some kind of god when it comes to strings, best tapping technique I've ever heard, but he does everything.

And for classical, well, I'm sold to Ottmar Liebert, I admit it's more flamenco than classical, but his sound is frantically beautiful.

And a small note on this rolling stone list, it should've been called "most popular guitar player" instead, then the list would make sense.

------------------
I'm walking towards dead end, and I'm walking all alone. Two steps ago I passed insanity - Aleksi Laiho

[This message has been edited by Seb (edited May 25, 2004).]
"NAILFACE" - spe

↑ Up to the top!