Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → What is the Best Guitar Brand?
What is the Best Guitar Brand?
2007-11-20, 12:11 PM #41
Epiphone was one of the first instrument brands. unlike squier which was born as a spinoff, epiphone used to be a really big competitor vs Gibson before they bought them.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2007-11-20, 12:30 PM #42
the only epiphone that i saw that i tlike are the Ionmi or w/e sig, the balck beauty i snice tho i wouldne twasn a les paul style and, yah thats it, you cant tell me tho that the Epiphone SG's are horribly ****ty not saying ive played every one, but iveplaye dmosta dn they are horrid, and espicaly in comparison to thew Gibson SG, i do not try to stick to a certain brand tho, its all about vareation, my fav guitar right now its (tho this brand in general is horris) i like the B.C.Rich Dagger semi holow body, its got beauty written all over it.
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-22, 5:08 AM #43
If it's any help, I positively love my Schecter Damien FR. The bat inlays are a bit much though haha.
2007-11-22, 8:54 PM #44
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
I have a Schecter. I like it because it's my first guitar.

What kind?
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-11-23, 11:38 PM #45
Damien FR? i just dont want the "FR" i do agree, the bats, got to go, lol
2007-11-24, 12:07 AM #46
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Omen-6-Electric-Guitar?sku=518181

I like how it says Clearance, but it's the same price as when I bought it 2-3 years ago.
2007-11-24, 11:29 PM #47
I hate that crap, i also hate how (idk where you live so idk if you know what im saying) but Guitar Center has those "ONCE IN A LIFE TIME SALE"'s every month, i mean dont get me wrong, i love spendimg money, but do they need to do all that?
2007-11-26, 8:57 PM #48
I bet you dont even know the answer, i do
2007-12-01, 10:13 PM #49
I only have 2 electric guitars (both made by Harmony) but my favorite guitars/guitars I'd like to have are probably the Gibson Les Paul, Gibson Explorer (my favorite guitar), Gibson SG, or Gibson Firebird.
2007-12-01, 10:41 PM #50
Originally posted by Anakin9012:
I only have 2 electric guitars (both made by Harmony) but my favorite guitars/guitars I'd like to have are probably the Gibson Les Paul, Gibson Explorer (my favorite guitar), Gibson SG, or Gibson Firebird.

i have the Gibson Explorer and one of the SG's. It all depends on what you want to spend. Me being a metallica fan and playing alot of shows, the Gibson Explorer was a great choice. But the SG i have, i dont play as much as i should and it kind of goes to waste.....
2007-12-03, 9:18 AM #51
I own:

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Explorer
Fender Strat Custom Shop Vintage Reissue
Fender Strat, cheapo American standard
Martin acoustic

my favorite is definitely the Fender Custom Shop. It does everything I want and sounds amazing coming out of my Orange.

...and... I would never spend money on a Crate either, no matter how many watts or how big it is.

My Orange 4x12 cab with the 2x60W head was $2,000 total and it was probably the best $2,000 I've ever spent.... on an amp.

The Fender Strat reissue was $2,400 and worth every penny.

My philosophy is, if you're a beginning player, get cheap but good (like a standard Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, etc.). As you progress as a player and find exactly what you want, that's when you spend the money and get the setup that fits you (be it Gibson, Schecter, whatever).

It's all about what kind of a sound fits you as an individual player. There's no such thing as "THE BEST!"

Besides, Gibsons have ****ty quality control. You have to go through shops and shops to find a well-made one these days.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2007-12-03, 12:13 PM #52
I'm about to spend $1200 on a virtually brand new cherry red Gibson SG. She's a beautiful guitar. So sexy.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2007-12-03, 2:45 PM #53
Originally posted by Schming:
I own:

My Orange 4x12 cab with the 2x60W head was $2,000 total and it was probably the best $2,000 I've ever spent.... on an amp.

I am looking to get one of those, yet i know nothing about them. I just hear that they aare the best you can get. :psyduck:
2007-12-04, 6:25 AM #54
its about the mullet, not the brand of guitar.
2007-12-04, 10:02 AM #55
He's mexican, having a mullet would cause the world to explode.
nope.
2007-12-05, 9:16 PM #56
Originally posted by Baconfish:
He's mexican, having a mullet would cause the world to explode.

That was raceist
2007-12-06, 4:58 AM #57
Mexican isn't a race.
nope.
2007-12-06, 1:38 PM #58
Maybe not, but it sure feels like it sometimes, trying to cross the border.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

↑ Up to the top!