Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → A *new* 3do viewing program?!
A *new* 3do viewing program?!
2003-07-22, 2:36 PM #41
a quick search of the news for "removed":

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">German Fyyar Skin Removed
06/25/02

The Jedi Outcast skin German Fyyar has been removed because it contained stolen textures from the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Please people, don't borrow/steal/lift work from other games or other addons without the permission of the author(s). I don't know how many times we've had to say this, but I'm saying it again: If you didn't make it, don't use it!</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Super Saiyan Mod Removed
02/09/02

I've removed the JK Super Saiyan mod posted here back in November for using several items from Gohan_JSE's Roshi Mod without asking or even letting the guy know. I'm only sorry it took us this long to find out.

Folks, if you download something from us and find lifted material — skins, textures, sound files, etc. — please write to us and let us know about it so we can take it down. Massassi deals with dozens of submissions a week, and while some plagiarized work (otherwise known as "rips") gets stopped at the door, things inevitably slip through the cracks. Thanks.

As for you authors out there thinking about using other people's material, check out the readme file first. Sometimes authors don't care one way or the other, but sometimes they truly do, and are rightfully protective of their original creations. If they're not willing to let you use their stuff, you must accept that and create your own material.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The Adventures Of Luke Skywalker TC Removed
06/13/01

The 'The Adventures Of Luke Skywalker TC Beta 1.0' SP mod has been removed from this site. Please do not waste our time with levels/mods that contain illegal material. In this case, the author took components from MotS and put them into a mod for JK, which is against the license agreement. Thanks to all who notified me.</font>

I'm not passing judgement, I've done it too, but I'm just warning you, they DO care.

------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko
I live in the weak, and the wounded.
2003-07-22, 3:25 PM #42
If you place a 4 second loop from some song in your; we are unlikely to care (if you place the whole thing, then it's a different matter...). What we do hate is plagarism of other author's work is exploited without credit/permission, and using copywrited material from other games.

Anyway, to sum it up: Emon wrong, Darko right.

Oh, and that looks like a good piece of programming, Zy.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-07-22, 5:27 PM #43
This will probably be the last update for a long while, unless someone finds a major crippling bug or there is a "to die for" feature that I didn't think of.

Whats new:

Windows like 3do file selector.
'h' key for key help menu.
F1 to toggle slower view panning.

Things I didn't get to:

Mat16 support
mouse support.

The download link is the same as usual.

Thanks.

------------------
2003-07-22, 6:11 PM #44
Buck cleared it up for me. I guess they aren't removing for songs until threatened. Same with sounds. Makes sense now.

[This message has been edited by Emon (edited July 22, 2003).]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!