Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Nightfall MP map
Nightfall MP map
2003-08-10, 12:33 PM #41
/me prostrates himself in front of Patrick.

... wow
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2003-08-10, 12:58 PM #42
That should be a singleplayer map...

------------------
Television is my only friend.
[Insert the wittiest, most cynical thing you will ever lay eyes on here.]
2003-08-10, 5:52 PM #43
REAL nice work on that level.

The Battle Of Gall MP3 is also a really, really nice touch.

------------------
"Vengence burns like sunfire within you! Yield to it! The Force will help you!"
"Vengence burns like sunfire within you! Yield to it! The Force will help you!"
2003-08-11, 3:17 AM #44
Hey, thanks again everybody. Sine Nomen, I have seen your work on Nar Shadaa, and I really like it so far.

I know this is a weird idea, but here goes- The two teams in the CTF scenario will not be the usual Red Imperial and Blue Rebel banners. Since the whole project is kind of a nod to Dark Forces, instead I plan on using the Imperial symbols seen in Dark Forces-

[http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1sx51/haslow/misc/ZSBLK-B.jpg]
[http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1sx51/haslow/misc/ZSBLK-C.jpg]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Patrick_H (edited August 11, 2003).]
Illustrations / Video Games
2003-08-11, 4:10 AM #45
Looks good, PH.

(The DF-21 migration continues...)
2003-08-11, 6:36 AM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hard_Driver:
That should be a singleplayer map...</font>

It is. http://www.thedarktide.com/levels.html
It's Dark Tide ][: Nightfall for Dark Forces. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

2003-08-11, 7:19 AM #47
Um, I think you got the wrong thread there... this is MP...

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-08-11, 8:12 AM #48
Best JO shots I've seen in a long time. I look forward to its release.

Edit: Btw Patrick, I checked out your website, and I really like it.

------------------
I'm the Christian the devil warned you about.

[This message has been edited by Takimoto (edited August 11, 2003).]
Are we all figments of God's imagination?
2003-08-11, 3:57 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
They can, but you don't use vehicles in competetive play, other than Siege maybe.

</font>

Yeah, besides Siege I don't think vehicles would be used competitively. They might be featured in FFA/Team FFA. It would be pretty cheap to have a guy in CTF run away with the flag in an armored vehicle though it would be an interesting challenge. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
I CAN'T WAIT FOR JK3, DX2, AND HL2. Play ET at the 58 player Nombliz server!
Corrupted Paths, my WIP for JO. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."
2003-08-13, 9:22 AM #50
Those screens are simply awesome. Now, with that said, I agree with what others have said. If you can, hold it off until Jedi Academy. That way you can use some of its new features and with the game being so new, this level will definitely get instant playtime with JA. I would love for it to be released for Outcast, but it would be a shame to not have it in JA, which comes out in a month approximately.

------------------
"Never argue with a fool, for he may be doing the same"
2003-08-13, 10:20 AM #51
In the words of the great Steve Irwin: "Crikey! Ain't she gorgeous!"
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2003-08-13, 10:26 AM #52
1. Actually, vehicles could work in CTF, but it must be designed around that concept.

2. Wait a while before your release it. Don't release it as soon as the game comes out, because everyone will be too busy with the game itself. Wait until some of the hype dies down and people are craving new material.

------------------
2003-08-13, 11:01 AM #53
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
1. Actually, vehicles could work in CTF, but it must be designed around that concept.

2. Wait a while before your release it. Don't release it as soon as the game comes out, because everyone will be too busy with the game itself. Wait until some of the hype dies down and people are craving new material.

</font>

Vehicles could work in any game mode as long as it doesn't become somewhat of a loop hole in play.

Emon is definitely right about the release. People probably are going to look forward to the actual game for a while after it comes out as opposed to mods.

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
I CAN'T WAIT FOR JK3, DX2, AND HL2. Play ET at the 58 player Nombliz server!
Corrupted Paths, my WIP for JO. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."
2003-08-13, 3:09 PM #54
****** what a quandary...

Well, this map isn't designed for vehicles- so none will be present anyway.

------------------
2003-08-14, 6:16 AM #55
I frown upon the rock texture in the last screenshot.

------------------
Belief can be defined as being more firmly grounded in experience than is attainable by the imagination.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2003-08-14, 6:53 AM #56
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Patrick_H:
I have since altered that cavern rock texture. I also thought it was too orange. The strange thing is in reality, the rocks are really that orange, but it just doesn't suit Tatooine.</font>

------------------
2003-08-14, 4:57 PM #57
Don't listen to these guys Patrick. Release it for JO. I won't have JA for a long time and I'm looking forward to playing this.

------------------
2003-08-14, 5:17 PM #58
Barry, if he gets the gameplay right this is a map easily worthy of being played competitively. It's in Patrick's best interests to release his map in the form where it will get the most exposure.

In this case, Jedi Academy.

------------------
Watch out for this guy => :banned:
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2003-08-14, 7:46 PM #59
Bloody beautiful. The only suggestion I would make is that you increase the resolution on your shadow maps if you can, and perhaps deepen some of the existing lighting. I'm a sucker for shadows. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"There is no good, there is no bad; there is simply an appreciation for all."
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." (Groucho Marx)
2003-08-16, 1:02 PM #60
Forget that. He's realeasing it for JO.

------------------
2003-08-17, 6:16 PM #61
Well, I will at least be playing it with the DF-21 gang and then might spiffy it up for an official JA release. Howsabout that?

------------------
2003-08-18, 7:36 AM #62
That's cool.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!