Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Holy ****.
Holy ****.
2003-10-18, 8:42 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
Er, they're gradients with alpha channels. You...don't even know what vertex lighting is, do you? People like them because they add realism to the map.
</font>

I believe a bit of an "owned" is in order. I like that glow effect placed. And Emon's right, it does add realism to the map.

One thing I gotta say though. GothiX, can you turn up your brightness please? Your screenies are dark and hard to see the detail.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-10-18, 11:47 PM #42
For some reason, stupid JA uses the default brightness every time I take a screenshot.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-19, 7:07 AM #43
It's from using hardware gamma correction, all games have this problem. Either take screenshots with something that can capture properly with hardware gamma correction, or adjust the levels in an image editor afterwards.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!