Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → I dont know why I, or any of us, bother...
I dont know why I, or any of us, bother...
2011-12-13, 12:29 PM #41
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
HR!!! :eek: Are you going to play the Old Republic?

Maybe. No. Yes. I dunno. I'm torn.

Star Wars has a bad sting to it thanks to the SITH engine. :gonk:
-Hell Raiser
2011-12-13, 6:12 PM #42
Haha, I see. Have you modded at all on any new games? Didn't you try dabbling a bit with Source at one point?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2011-12-14, 9:46 AM #43
Nope and nope. I decided I wanted to play games rather than make them, lol. A friend of mine and the Mrs told us about WoW back in 2007 and how it was kind of similar to Diablo 2. (we played D2 together alot)

And that's that. I'm a WoW-nerd now. lol.
-Hell Raiser
2011-12-14, 10:11 AM #44
Originally posted by Hell Raiser:
the SITH engine has so much potential with cog script
UE3 has more with unreal script. Basically the only reason studios use native code for anything in Unreal is for performance, and those chunks of native code are bound to the engine through UnrealScript. Also, UE3 is free. Or you can use Source if you know C++, or one of the Lua or Python bindings. The tools and content pipeline are much more mature for either engine.

I understand the idea of creating a JK level. I don't understand the idea of creating a JK TC or non-trivial mod. There are much better free tools for that, and if it's an original property you could even sell it when you're finished.
2011-12-14, 8:03 PM #45
Yes, Jon'C, I've had the same conversation with some friends in game dev.

I also realized that, when coding basic things like "Magic Missile"... I could just mod on an engine that already includes Magic Missile. x_X

If I have any mod ideas/aspirations after this, I'll seriously consider UE3. The ramp-up cost will be a better investment than slogging the through watered down C/COG that "I know."

Also, ParSec (for COG validation) doesn't work on x64 systems. :argh:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2011-12-14, 11:43 PM #46
Oh, maybe one day we'll make a new era of "JK" shine with Movie Battles III.

Before LEC cans it up.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!