Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Mod help, all Jk2 editors read this!
Mod help, all Jk2 editors read this!
2005-02-12, 11:22 AM #1
Okay guys who all want to make a mod to edit the full game of jk2 and make it more interesting to play and a better gaming experience, please help.
We need all animators, scriptors(for levels we will also be making, we also need mappers), moddelers, skinners, coding and hacking editors, and any other jk2 editors, if you are interested please click the link below, it's to our forums, please join with your current name here, all who join become admin, of course, others who join the forums are just members. We need the help mostly of codeing eds/hackers, and animators, but we will also need alot of the others mentioned above.

Note: post here, or pm me first!

Join the Team

and admins and mods if you can please make this news, we really need help.
Join the Full Game Enhancement Mod Today...
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-12, 11:27 AM #2
Um. Is there even any work or screenshots?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-02-12, 11:27 AM #3
by the way the mods name is The Full Game Enhancement Mod
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-12, 11:31 AM #4
yes there are they are in the forums here

Mod Progress, screenshots are in effects and skinning/reskinning
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-12, 11:33 AM #5
there on that site there is our mod progress..what we plan to do...and others.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-12, 12:53 PM #6
Well anyone wanna help???
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-12, 1:17 PM #7
I don't see anything on the mod forum other than concept ideas. Probably not many editors will take you and your mod seriously at all. Maybe you should, with a small private group of people (with mappers and texture artists), produce real work (like a beginning level) to show that this mod has potential. People want to join a team that shows that it can produce real work instead of ideas. Take a look at other mods.
2005-02-12, 2:46 PM #8
It might be hard to find mod makers for Jedi Outcast.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-02-13, 7:06 AM #9
There has been work and those screenies can't just pop out of nowhere. There is a version 1 that has been sent here and to jk2 files a while ago and it should be coming in in a few days.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-13, 7:17 AM #10
i know some of it is concepts, but most of it, like the visual effects and things i'm changing now thats what those screenies are for, plus we are using a diff't kyle, one from here on massassi, after asking permission from the author of course. Also yod@ is making the new stormtroopers, kaat is doing sound enhancements, and thats basically my team:
yod@ obsessed with the jk2 game
kaat
and me

that's it, now all we need is a few more people, like a few animators some moddelers in case we want to remoddel the stormtrooper model or if we will need new moddels, this mod is in progress, even though it doesn't seem so. I'm sorry if you were expecting a half finished mod, that's why we need people....and if you guys want i'll post the screenshots here
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-13, 11:04 AM #11
I once made a mod for JA that made it like jesus. It was called "This mod is really good V2"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-02-13, 8:27 PM #12
Holy crap on a stick. I remember that mod! Too bad there wasn't a V3. :(
2005-02-13, 8:47 PM #13
There will be once I realize that people don't tend to want to build entire mods for me unless I'm paying them. I should realize that about the same time my voice gets deeper and my pants get tighter. Thus, V3 is on it's way! I've even spent the time I could have been using to learn how to do it all on my own to build a website, and set up forums!

http://www.geocities.com/omgjesusmodv3.html

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-02-14, 6:59 AM #14
except the link doesn't work, lol. well anyways this is my thread, make ur own to start advertising, not in mine.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-14, 5:11 PM #15
I really hope you're joking...
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-02-14, 5:30 PM #16
I'm waiting for those screenshots....
2005-02-14, 6:03 PM #17
this thread hurts my face
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-02-15, 7:22 AM #18
oh sorry i thought you guys were going to the forums to see them, next post is all the screenshots
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-15, 7:34 AM #19
these are not in order, but they are screenshots of our work done, that we have taken in screenshots, some will have the old kyle, which just means they were taken at a different time.

First up, sabers-
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/shot0045.jpg]

next screenshot shows the handle is the luke skywalker one,
but that's not important, just did it for fun.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/891cb52f.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/shot0050.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/shot0049.jpg]

fan out shot-
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/5e6a9e9c.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/shot0047.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/shot0051.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/shot0048.jpg]

blood particles

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/shot0063.jpg]
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Manslayer101/c2697bde.jpg]

(if you will criticize the blood particles, read this!- the blood
particles are just done to look cool, and it also pays tribute to old samarai movies, where when someones head gets cut off, then a whole spray of blood particles comes out.)

Okay guys, criticize me.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-15, 7:37 AM #20
sorry if you guys don't like em or if they weren't what you expected.....
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-15, 7:44 AM #21
and guys i know it seems like just a saber mod, but that's until you see all the enhancements-
sabers and blood of course
forcelightning-way more cooler, darker
sparks- white
explosions are bigger
hmm...
also more sparks come from a saber clash or an explosion
clashes enhanced
well i can't remember all, but once version 1 comes out, you'll see all the enhancements, only one is changed, version one has greenish and blueish explosions, this one doesn't...
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-15, 6:05 PM #22
Such things have been done in JK2 so many times before. Not many people will jump into this mod. People like a mod leader who is skilled in range of aspects. People like to see a mod with people who are capable of making maps, models and so on.
2005-02-16, 8:14 AM #23
as i said i hope it isn't less than what you expected, we are reskinning the stormtrooper, changing sounds, we're doing more than what you see here, that's why we have the site, to show our progress. so please, this is only my second mod, released anyways, not yet, but in the future, once we have came to a point we like, we also have mappers, levels will be made later, and guys, the reason we need help is so we can get better, thats why we want, animators, to edit moves, code editors, so we can add new sabers, and other things. This mod hasn't gotten that far yet, and that's why we need help.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-16, 9:38 AM #24
You can't do coding work in SP. No source code.
2005-02-16, 11:18 AM #25
I wanted to make a splinter cell mod for JK2. But making a total conversion for SP is a real pain in the ***. If you want to make a mod that bad, try some other game.

I am now making some Urban Terror (the Quake 3 realism mod) maps. Soon I wish to make a mod for Quake 3. Believe me, JK2 is bad for total conversions. Go for Q3.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-02-16, 11:33 AM #26
Indeed. Editors strike the limitations of JK2/JA quite easily.
2005-02-19, 8:49 AM #27
yea...cept i don't have Q3...
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-19, 4:44 PM #28
Get it. 20 bucks I think for Q3, Q2, and Q1. All worth it.

By the way, reread this thread: I was poking fun at you with my posts, that's not actually a real mod. Please learn sarcasm :-P

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-02-19, 5:20 PM #29
Well, atleast this forum was somewhat active for awhile. :(
2005-02-20, 3:14 PM #30
it still is...right...well anyways i'm still waiting for people to join.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-22, 10:48 AM #31
well...will anyone join......please.....:( guess not...
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-22, 4:34 PM #32
Yo! I am willing to join. But i need some good detailed info about your mod. I dont even know what its about. I can map, and thats all i can do.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-02-23, 8:46 AM #33
k theres one more, i sent him detailed info, and for all those who want it to, this is straight out of what i sent him:

well most of the detailed info i can say is, we will have levels added, the enhancements that you see + more, i haven't posted all of them, new skins, as shown, new sounds, maybe, hopefully new models, new sabercolors, if we get a code editor, new moves, new most about everything, we also want new weapon designs, added weapon damage, like the E-11, lots of stuff, decreseing the forcedamage...whoo, for the rest, got to the forums, u'll need to join there anyways to be on the team...
well you don't need to but it's so we can talk, also my yahoo messenger id in case you have it is g_rec_01, and one of our other editors, yod@ is kittustarwars...see you at the forums

(in my sig)

and that's what all people who want detailed info will recieve, oh i forgot one detail, if we can find a menu editor we want to add (as an option) saberrealisticcombat 2, or 3
and we want to add saber damage too...well still waiting for joining people...
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-23, 9:03 AM #34
It seems like you really don't understand the concept of my sarcastic jokes. What I was trying to tell you, is that no one is going to make this entire mod for you. Here's my suggestion: Make a damn good level. Make a level so good, that everyone knows your name.

Now that you've made a great quality SP/MP level, get photoshop. Make a skin. Make the a great quality skin.

Now get a free modeling program like blender3d, and make a player model, a good one.

Now learn coding. C++ is what Q3 engines use. Learn it like the back of your hand.

Holy crap, now you have all the tools to edit JO!

Doing it this way will help you become a modder, not a kid who asks everyone else to do all the hard things for you.

If you're not willing to do these steps, than you're not willing to put together a mod with other people's help either.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-02-23, 9:07 AM #35
no kirby what you don't understand is i'm not making everybody do all the work, i'm doing it myself too, i started out by myself, but people are willing to HELP not DO ALL THE WORK and by the way we already have made a skin...
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-23, 9:09 AM #36
compliments of yod@ our skin maker, to let you know the enhancements i've made were made in v1,but massassi never accepted it, i send it like 5 times, i did every thing right, i even waited two weeks in between sending times.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-23, 9:10 AM #37
kirby not every body is like you say they are, some are happy to help, and C++...whats the full name, i'd love to learn coding...
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-23, 9:11 AM #38
oh and by the way level is being worked on.
Visit Our Forums
2005-02-23, 9:34 AM #39
Well, finish that level up, present that first.
2005-02-23, 9:35 AM #40
still working on it, the enhancements will be with the level
Visit Our Forums

↑ Up to the top!