Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Georgia to ban evolution!
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Georgia to ban evolution!
2004-02-04, 3:35 PM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/01/30/striking.evolution.ap/

*snicker*

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-04, 3:39 PM #2
I heard about that on the radio. Banning "evolution" because it's a buzzword? That's smart. Ever wonder WHY it's a buzzword? Because people in the south are too bloody stupid to get over it. Damn hicks.

------------------
S51

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.' 'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice. 'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'
2004-02-04, 3:39 PM #3
Ridiculous.

------------------
Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of old men are the vices of peace: mistrust and caution. It must be so.
-Laurence of Arabia
Yen is but one part of a larger problem in japan's bumbling attempts to pull out of a seemingly endless stagnation -Googlism
2004-02-04, 3:43 PM #4
I don't belive in evolution, but for goodness sake to change 'evolution' to 'biological changes over time' is just...stupid! Its a word. Deal with it.

------------------
Signatures are overrated.

"You can run but you will only die tired."
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-02-04, 3:45 PM #5
hahaha

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-02-04, 4:00 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:
I don't belive in evolution, but for goodness sake to change 'evolution' to 'biological changes over time' is just...stupid! Its a word. Deal with it.

</font>

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven!

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/Mots | Pac-Man JK

2004-02-04, 4:00 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I heard about that on the radio. Banning "evolution" because it's a buzzword? That's smart. Ever wonder WHY it's a buzzword? Because people in the south are too bloody stupid to get over it. Damn hicks.</font>

Shut the **** up.. Don't generalize about people like that.

"Oh that's right, you're Asian so you must think you're above everyone. You must say fly lice and don't have any social skills."

Generalizing about a bunch of people is very dumb and ignorant. I'm from the south so does that make me a hick toting a shotgun in the back of my pickup? You're Asian so do you carry pocket protectors everywhere you go?

That's exactly my point.

(No offense to Asians or anything. Just showing how stupid generalizing is)

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-04, 4:03 PM #8
Don't be so harsh with S51... he's just caught up in the4 sheer stupidity of it all, and he rants when that happens...

He says stuff like that all the time without really meaning it... at least, I THINK he doesn't mean it... .'/ [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven!

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/Mots | Pac-Man JK

2004-02-04, 4:12 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You must say fly lice and don't have any social skills.</font>

That aptly describes Super I think. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-02-04, 4:13 PM #10
Teacher: Today class we are going to learn about evolution.
Parents: OMG! Don't put that trash into my child's brain!!
Teacher: Did I say Evolution? I meant "biological changes over time".
Parent: Ohhhh... duhhhh... that's fine I guess. Continue.

So basically this change was suggested under the assumption that people are becoming more retarded... which I would have to agree with.

------------------
"Life is like a vending machine, sometimes you don't get nothing."
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2004-02-04, 4:36 PM #11
In other news, a recent study concludes that Georgia is retarded, and that the people who design its curriculum are a bunch of hillbilly trash straight out of The Dukes of Hazzard. This is Bernard Shaw for CNN, saying goodnight, except if you live in Georgia. Georgia can go to Hell, that place that all of you apparently believe in because you don't believe in evolution.
2004-02-04, 4:39 PM #12
Um, doesn't evolution /mean/ 'biological changes over time'.. though admittedly it's a hugely politicised and whateverelseified word, but still.

Just don't teach evolution or creationism or whatever else in primary school, wait 'til people are in college and have two brain-cells to rub together and can actually make up their own minds on issues.. [though even waiting 'til that demographic may be overly optimistic]

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited February 04, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-04, 4:41 PM #13
I would like to make it known that I live in Georgia, and when I heard this on the radio I about tore it out of the car and threw it on the street.

Please, folks. Making comments like "people in the south are stupid" and "Georgia is retarded," based on a SINGLE PERSON'S DOINGS is almost the dumbest statement I've ever seen a Massassian make. Please, next time think before you type. It generally saves the rest of us a lot of brain cells, because you can only say something so dumb before you start actually degrading the reader's intelligence.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-04, 4:50 PM #14
Correction, I think I speak for all Massassian detractors of the south when I say that we're just kidding. I live in NH, go ahead and make fun of that if you want to. I don't care. It's just a state. I'm still a little giddy, I suppose... because we WON THE CIVIL WAR! WHOOOO! (Sorry, again, just kidding).
2004-02-04, 4:51 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dormouse:
Um, doesn't evolution /mean/ 'biological changes over time'.. though admittedly it's a hugely politicised and whateverelseified word, but still.</font>

I think it's more of an issue that schools are having financial problems, and this moronic woman decides to burn cash on a project of such stupifying magnitude as to leave one such as me speechless.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-04, 4:54 PM #16
Yeah, funding.. hmm..
Our campus recently dropped some courses and teachers and combined some departments for budget reasons.. and then are in the middle of renovatin / putting a facade on the administration building so it would look like the other buildings on campus..

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
2004-02-04, 4:58 PM #17
:rolleys:

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-04, 5:03 PM #18
rofl. Stop defending the south. Its probably the worst portion of the United States of America. Damn hicks and rednecks. THIS IS EXACTLY something they would do.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-04, 5:06 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fingarez:
Correction, I think I speak for all Massassian detractors of the south when I say that we're just kidding. I live in NH, go ahead and make fun of that if you want to. I don't care. It's just a state. I'm still a little giddy, I suppose... because we WON THE CIVIL WAR! WHOOOO! (Sorry, again, just kidding).</font>

You must be really old...

------------------
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
2004-02-04, 5:16 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fingarez:
Correction, I think I speak for all Massassian detractors of the south when I say that we're just kidding. I live in NH, go ahead and make fun of that if you want to. I don't care. It's just a state. I'm still a little giddy, I suppose... because we WON THE CIVIL WAR! WHOOOO! (Sorry, again, just kidding).</font>

um... ya, I live in Atlanta, which is in Georgia. And yes... the civil war joke was about the stupidest thing I've read, seeing as though 1/3 of Georgia's population has moved in from other states, i.e. - me being from CA.

The woman in charge of Georgia's Public Schools is retarded and anyone who supports her is retarded, meaning whoever voted her in.

Remember the county in Georgia last year that put stickers in the science books about evolution? Yep, I grew up there. Horrid place.

I'm moving to Europe or just making it a point to never go outside the metro Atlanta area ever again.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-04, 5:17 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"If you're teaching the concept without the word, what's the point?" said Rep. Bobby Franklin, a Republican. "It's stupid. It's like teaching gravity without using the word gravity."</font>

Exactly, I mean, how stpid do they think we are...thinking something is ok just because you call it something different.

"It's not evolution, it's biological changes over time."

"It's not murder, it's choice."

"It's not homosexuality, it's being a free spirit."

I'm so sick of that kind of Bull****

------------------
"Did you just say.....Birthday Party?...."
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2004-02-04, 5:20 PM #22
I've witnessed ignorance on these forums, but this thread takes the cake. I'll also have you folks know that the term "redneck" is considered a racist word by many cultures, especially the Scottish and their southern decendents. I suppose next you'll be calling black folks "niggars"? That's about all I have to say regarding the ignorance in this thread.

In other words, grow up...

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2004-02-04, 5:21 PM #23
Eh... Evolution has come to be such a vague and varied term that it might be nice to be a little clear about it.

Evolution can mean:
MacroEvolution.
MicroEvolution.
Change in population.
A small South African marsupial, known to feed on Human Flesh.

It can be confusing. But if this is just the School Districts way of quelling debate over the teaching of evolution... or should I say "biological changes over time" then they are stupid.

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."

"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-02-04, 5:26 PM #24
Well I'm offended that they're changing so I'm going to go complain and maybe after they've printed a million new books they'll change it back and waste a bunch of money to change it back. Stupidity... tsk tsk tsk.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-04, 5:29 PM #25
The next insult directed against the South will get you banned by a southerner.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-04, 5:31 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MentatMM:
I've witnessed ignorance on these forums, but this thread takes the cake. I'll also have you folks know that the term "redneck" is considered a racist word by many cultures, especially the Scottish and their southern decendents. I suppose next you'll be calling black folks "niggars"? That's about all I have to say regarding the ignorance in this thread.

In other words, grow up...

</font>

OH CRAP SINE IS HERE.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited February 04, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-04, 5:32 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
The next insult directed against the South will get you banned by a southerner.</font>

Pfft.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-04, 6:08 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:
I don't belive in evolution, but for goodness sake to change 'evolution' to 'biological changes over time' is just...stupid! Its a word. Deal with it.</font>

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-04, 6:29 PM #29
Hahaha. Ubuu, you are my hero.

------------------
please
2004-02-04, 6:39 PM #30
I live in the south too. They're just jealous of the short sleeves in the winter. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Moldy_hair:
"It's not evolution, it's biological changes over time."

"It's not murder, it's choice."

"It's not homosexuality, it's being a free spirit."

I'm so sick of that kind of Bull</font>

Amen.

------------------
Beware the wrath of the cat Leroy, The God of pudding, Demi-God of cuteness, King of Cats, and Lover of JellO. He lives in my house, and I am his servant.

[This message has been edited by Chuck (edited February 04, 2004).]
'And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.'

Revalation 5:13
Old King James
2004-02-04, 6:48 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
I would like to make it known that I live in Georgia, and when I heard this on the radio I about tore it out of the car and threw it on the street.

Please, folks. Making comments like "people in the south are stupid" and "Georgia is retarded," based on a SINGLE PERSON'S DOINGS is almost the dumbest statement I've ever seen a Massassian make. Please, next time think before you type. It generally saves the rest of us a lot of brain cells, because you can only say something so dumb before you start actually degrading the reader's intelligence.

</font>

I wish you hadn't told me you were from Georgia. Now I'll have a thick Southern accent in my head EVERY TIME I read one of your posts. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-04, 6:53 PM #32
Anyways.

The way I see it, any attempt to ban or diminish evolution as a scientific theory (especially in favor of something more along the lines of 'creation science') is natural selection in action. The people who are subjected to some of these scientifically unsound theories (just to satisfy the religious) are basically doomed to a life of never understanding any scientific theory ever.

On the plus side, their average grades will look much better compared to other states. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2004-02-04, 7:05 PM #33
Somehow i felt compelled to share this exceprt for a conversation i had earlier today, it seems to be the same sort of rampant idiocy whereby in attempting to avoid offending people and being politically correct, you wind up not only looking like an utter idiot but being completely wrong as well.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
So i guess black history month is coming up, or something, erm, i'm sorry, African-American history month.
And so they had fliers up and a little booth thing in the commons, right next to the one we were sitting at for the foreign language club.

And my friend Tam showed me this flier, and one of the things on there was absolutely amazingly wrong on so many levels. It was liek a list of notable dates in black^W^W^W^W^W African-American history. it was.. 1619- [i forget the name] becomes the first African-American [property-owner/citizen/something i forget as well].. we were all.. ummmm.. it's just.. yeah.</font>

------------------
2004-02-04, 7:55 PM #34
haha sucked in to the southern people, y'all come back now!
2004-02-04, 8:33 PM #35
Yecti I thought you lived in the south too...

------------------
please
2004-02-04, 8:57 PM #36
/me eats his Freedom Fries
2004-02-04, 10:24 PM #37
As long as this kind of brainless administration doesn't spread north due to global warming..

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-04, 10:29 PM #38
please checksum, your meer presence in topics of contraversial nature makes them worse. don't bring up something else.

/me prooves that point by complaining about the stupid childish reaction about the french wanting no war.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-02-04, 10:42 PM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dormouse:
...the same sort of rampant idiocy whereby in attempting to avoid offending people and being politically correct, you wind up not only looking like an utter idiot but being completely wrong as well...

</font>

Thank you, sir. I mean, bleeding-heart people who get tremendously insulted if someone sneezes the wrong way are running rampant these days. I am part Italian, German, Dutch, French and Polish! There's about a billion different derogatory names I could be called, and what does it matter? Hell, I point out some of the funnier lines to my friends for their convenience...

I am not American, so I can't throw in a joke about the Civil War, but perhaps those of you who got all riled up about the word 'redneck' or etc., just simmer down and think about the humorous application of 'city-slicker' jokes [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] (not that you're all rednecks to begin with)...

------------------
"In the depths of my darkest winter, I found there existed in me an invincible summer..."

-Albert Camus
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-02-05, 12:02 AM #40
I have a question about the American education system.. Is there a National Curriculum? That is, a list of things that every school must teach (save for independant schools).. For surely 'evolution' would still be on the NC, and so the word 'evolution' would be on exam papers... Unless they have different exam papers just for Georgia?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!