Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Vote Fitty!
Vote Fitty!
2004-02-23, 10:49 AM #81
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I'm sayin that what he's done with his life is great, and is prolly more than any of us will do with ours.</font>

"great" by whose standards? Society's? So basically, just wealthy and famous. Sorry, but there are plenty of other ways to live a great life that don't involve becoming a household name or having millions of dollars.
2004-02-23, 10:53 AM #82
The thought occurs that any the massassians who play guitar, bass or any of the more mainstream band instruments merely have to hire an image consulant, get spotted and they could easily get a degree of fame.

Of course, getting spotted is the hard part.

The fact is, just about everyone has a talent that could make them famous. Saying that out of 3,000 people on these forums, non of us will achieve anything is kind of insulting.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-23, 11:22 AM #83
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
The fact is, just about everyone has a talent that could make them famous. Saying that out of 3,000 people on these forums, non of us will achieve anything is kind of insulting.</font>

There is 3000 people in these forums? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

[This message has been edited by finity5 (edited February 23, 2004).]
2004-02-23, 11:26 AM #84
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jipe:
Quote:
I'm sayin that what he's done with his life is great, and is prolly more than any of us will do with ours.</font>

"great" by whose standards? Society's? So basically, just wealthy and famous. Sorry, but there are plenty of other ways to live a great life that don't involve becoming a household name or having millions of dollars.[/b]

Money and fame aside, is pulling yourself out of the gutter not a great acomplisment? Just answer that question by itself.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-23, 11:35 AM #85
50 Cent has a nice car.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-23, 11:43 AM #86
There were several good points brought up by both sides, but it's amazing how some people can go after Em and Rod for being totally inappropriate and generally disgusting when they themselves are the same. I noted one person in this thread(I'm not naming names) who consistently made arrogant, asinine, and irrational statements and had no idea what he was talking about. Actually, now that I think about it, he does it in every thread he participates in. 4 others made statements that weren't so much as the later, but more so it seemed they really didn't think about what they were saying or were taking things out of context and should know better. But what really pisses me off is I have the same views as them, but they are completely misrepresenting the group and making me look bad just by association. It is because of these people (specifically the first one) that people like Rod and Em digress and turn belligerent and offensive. I hope that people like Em and Rod (at least how they used to be) focus their offensive and insulting attention on these few people instead of the entire group because it is what they deserve.

Am I the only one here that noticed Em was making an effort to be well mannered?

For the record I do not like most rap and I would never vote for 50 Cent.

(I also find it weird that so many people have not heard of him. Meh.)

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid

↑ Up to the top!