Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What we holdin...Check this out
What we holdin...Check this out
2004-02-25, 3:43 AM #1
rapacademy.tk

Come check us out...we are the bad breed...let us educate you....
we got tournaments, tag team/solo...cyphers freestyle fridays....and alot more...come check us out and make the warfare campground ya home!

Holla back...

------------------
~I will do anything for success even fail~
2004-02-25, 3:46 AM #2
[http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/spam1.jpg]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"><DSettahr> http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/033283.html <- oh no
<Burrie|NWNToolset> 'rap academy'?
<Burrie|NWNToolset> Rap Academy?
<Burrie|NWNToolset> RAP ACADEMY?!
<Jon`C> When I first read the link I thought it said 'rapeacademy'... and I was, like, "what"</font>

rofl

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven!

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/Mots | Pac-Man JK

[This message has been edited by The_Mega_ZZTer (edited February 25, 2004).]

2004-02-25, 3:48 AM #3
omgroflolmao luk teyh r so funni.

+1

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-25, 3:55 AM #4
I wanna be in wit' da bad breed you know wut I mean? I want yo all to gimme sum of dat EDUMACATION yo...come on, I'ma battle yo *** back to yo mama's womb...and yo *** ain't gettin' out diz time I'ma tell ya!

Or something vaguely along those lines.

------------------
Or then not. --FastGamerr/Nikumubeki
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-02-25, 4:28 AM #5
Phat Pimpin Word.......yo

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-25, 4:34 AM #6
kill. it. now.

------------------
Current Maps | Inclusion | Restless Endeavor

There is a thin line between insanity and stupidity. I am that line.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2004-02-25, 4:34 AM #7
Riiight.[/dr. evil]

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-02-25, 4:47 AM #8
Do ya'll do audio?

Cuz if ya do, I might be up for this ish...

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 4:55 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blood Asp:
kill. it. now.

</font>

------------------

"Run Away!"
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-02-25, 4:56 AM #10
Why do ya'll have to post that bull****? Are we affectin ya'll so much by likin rap?

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 5:01 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
Why do ya'll have to post that bull****? Are we affectin ya'll so much by likin rap?

</font>

It is not your liking of rap, it is you constant murder of grammer and the english language, on PURPOSE[/b], that makes us want to puke.

------------------

"Run Away!"
2004-02-25, 5:11 AM #12
Then don't read my posts.

Oh yeah, its grammar... not grammer, genius.

By the way, slang is the way a lot of us communicate. If you have a problem with slang then you got problems with a LOT of people...

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 5:21 AM #13
Quote:
By the way, slang is the way a lot of us communicate. If you have a problem with slang then you got problems with a LOT of people...</font>

No. English is how we communicate. Slang is a spoken word concept, meant to be used in groups of peers as a form of familurarity.

It's obvious you know english and you probably have a firmer grasp of it than some of the poster's here on these boards. Rest assured that your use of slang outside of the spoken word is entirely too annoying.

------------------
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
2004-02-25, 5:51 AM #14
Quote:

Oh yeah, its grammar... not grammer, genius.

</font>

Aw, sorry, yo. Maybe next timizle i willz talk mo' lik' ya'.

Really though, I mess up a single letter, an easy mistake I might also add, but you can't keep a sentance coherent?

Oh, and about your name, its player, genius.

------------------

"Run Away!"
2004-02-25, 5:52 AM #15
It doesn't annoy me as much as people like burrboy who desperately try to use correct grammar but utterly fail and make themselves look even stupider in the process

Anyway, albeit not being a native English-speaker I can understand Em and raw just well

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-02-25, 5:58 AM #16
burrboy:
  • 'english'
  • 'you constant murder of grammer'

makes 3 mistakes in 1 sentence, nice going or should I say blowing

[wowowow: 'sentance' and 'its', you are ridiculous]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Molgrew (edited February 25, 2004).]
2004-02-25, 6:00 AM #17
I see nothing wrong with slang. It's just that this is a very anal board with a million and three members who think they are better then others. Actually, I'd say that it's all the pre-pubescent/my-first-wet-dreamers in here who are trying to flex whatever parts they can to attract the 3 or 4 girls on this board.

Besides that, this thread sucks because it's spam, and it was cross-posted. Joining a community you know nothing about just to post your website = spam. Emplaya, you could have posted this link for your friend in the music discussion, and it wouldn't have been spam. That's what that forum is for.

Now everyone stop whining at each other, or I'll put you down for your naps.

[edit] Ooips I spuy tiopos, bedtter curtekt mme AND MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE AN OVERLY ANAL GRAMMARPHILE [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

[This message has been edited by Compos Mentis (edited February 25, 2004).]
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-25, 6:04 AM #18
p.s. If you think I'm talking about you, I probably am. If you've never talked to a girl IRL, then you can be damn sure I am :P
</sarcasm>
2004-02-25, 6:05 AM #19
Maybe it's hard to spot, Compos, but I merely did it to burrboy who claimed others 'butcher' the language whereas instead it is him who cannot type one correct sentence, that's hypocritical and poor

------------------
2004-02-25, 6:05 AM #20
Okay, difference:

I make mistakes.

He does it on purpose.

I am not trying to be a grammar Nazi, I am the WORST speller i know, but I don't make mistakes on purpose, its just stupid, especially on the internet when you can simply open word and use spell check.

I am not saying he is unintelligent, hell, he could be a genius, but the way he talks makes him seem like a moron.

Anyway, i didn't want a flame war [/lies] so lets just drop it, get your last word in so you can feel superior over me.

------------------

"Run Away!"
2004-02-25, 6:08 AM #21
This thread has gone from rap to a huge grammar and semantics debate. Needless to say, I approve of it far more than the original topic.
2004-02-25, 6:12 AM #22
Myself I find myself quite tolerant when it comes to music. If I don't like some songs, I will kindly say that I don't like them, sorry. For rap I can say that I don't like rap at all. As for the link though, maybe people who are into rap can find that interesting, maybe...

But you should read the forum rules first. I think that the link isn't visible enough, but I shouldn't probably say about it. Complaining about grammar also seems kinda immature at sometimes, people could just simply tell that something isn't grammatically right, and not starting to post: "You spellt gramamrera wrong, you stupid.". [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

[/end of a pointless post]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-02-25, 6:26 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Molgrew:
Maybe it's hard to spot, Compos, but I merely did it to burrboy who claimed others 'butcher' the language whereas instead it is him who cannot type one correct sentence, that's hypocritical and poor

</font>

I know, it wasn't directed at you at all.
</sarcasm>
2004-02-25, 6:31 AM #24
I don't understand why your spamming for a crappy rap site IN A STARWARS FANSITE FORUM![/b]

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-02-25, 6:35 AM #25
And they all lived happily ever after. The rappers disobey the no spam rule, and the massassians go about their predicted arguement that has nothing to do with the topic.

+1

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-02-25, 7:32 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It is not your liking of rap, it is you constant murder of grammer and the english language, on PURPOSE, that makes us want to puke.</font>

way to go at owning yourself...

Oh, and I heard they're handing out kindergarten cop badges in a certain blue forum, better get one while you can.
2004-02-25, 7:39 AM #27
You guys are idiots. I'm sorry to say this but it's true. Just because someone doesn't like hte particular type of music that YOU like, you bash it, or them. Claiming that they are morons because they simply like to write words different? Well tell me then, What in the hell is SO cool about "PWNED!" pictures? NOTHING. They're dumb. "OWNED, T3H" ANd "LOOK MY POST COUNT IS 1337!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA OMG COOL". You are no better than the people who find these things cool and fun to do.
2004-02-25, 7:47 AM #28
Okay, so, they're all idiots...

...but that doesn't make this any less entertaining.
Those bees all have paws!
2004-02-25, 7:57 AM #29
Writing should be held to at least some comprehensible form of writing. It takes just as much energy to type "going" as it does to type "goin'," yet one looks remarkably more intelligent than the other. So why not at least seem like you're intelligent, and go the effort of writing complete words?

Let's not forget capitalization and punctuation. God knows that it's insanely difficult to begin a sentence with a capital word and end it with a period. Additionally, what happened to punctuating words that imply ownership with apostraphes?

A small lesson: "holla" is not a word. "Y'all" is not a word. "ish" is not a word - he's a member of the #massassi chat room. "Affectin" is not a word. "Likin" is not a word.

Slang has its place in casual speaking, and casual speaking alone. It allows the conveyance of ideas at greater speed, but at a cost of looking less-than-intelligent when you speak it in such great magnitudes that your statements are reduced to incomprehensible, *******ized forms of the language that you claim to speak.

Disclaimer: A typo here and there is completely excusable. But when someone types, "Are we affectin ya'll so much by likin rap," it just looks unintelligent.

Second Disclaimer: I like some rap. This post is not influenced by a dislike of rap.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-25, 8:23 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rawLawgik:
rapacademy.tk

Come check us out. We are the bad breed. Let us educate you.
We have tournaments, tag team/solo, cyphers freestyle Fridays, and a lot more. Come check us out and make the warfare campground your home!

Holler back.
</font>

Fixed.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-02-25, 8:29 AM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:

It is not your liking of rap, it is you constant murder of grammer and the english language, on PURPOSE
, that makes us want to puke.

[/B]</font>

Like leet speak is such a beatiful form of communication [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

I know it's not used a lot here, but my point still stands.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-25, 8:30 AM #32
The times that "1337 speak" actually is used is to demonstrate your feeling that the topic being discussed is one of idiocy and worthy of ridicule.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-25, 8:31 AM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rawLawgik:
Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver
</font>

Fixed.
2004-02-25, 9:01 AM #34
I really see no problem with rap or the way you type/speak Em Playa. No one gets after dormouse for his weird... well, really weird stuff he does.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-25, 9:04 AM #35
Dormouse and his infernal backwards smilies! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-25, 9:09 AM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">By the way, slang is the way a lot of us communicate. If you have a problem with slang then you got problems with a LOT of people...</font>

And?

Yo Dawg, I was chillin in da crib wit ma home boyz and dis hoe wuz liek dawgs u needz to chillax! and I was like s*** n****! Fo Shizzle. Bling Bling.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Think while it's still legal.
2004-02-25, 9:15 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
"Y'all" is not a word.</font>

Y'ALL IS A WORD. See also: colloquialism.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-25, 9:20 AM #38
The day that Webster added "phat" to its listing, I lost all respect for its ability to list real words.

------------------
2004-02-25, 9:22 AM #39
Yeah, 'cause languages never change or anything. Adding new words? That's just crazy!
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-25, 9:25 AM #40
Dawg that's wack.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!