Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What we holdin...Check this out
What we holdin...Check this out
2004-02-25, 9:28 AM #41
Heheheh Sine included a period in his first URL, but not in his second.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-25, 9:40 AM #42
That was intentional. The first URL was a complete statement, you see.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-25, 10:12 AM #43
SAJN_Master, you're a dick on this name just like your other Rod-Nog name...

What did your fo shizzle bling bling post accomplish? I don't rag on you for lookin like you do... so don't rag on me for how I type, aight?

And who cares how I type? Do ya'll care so much about proper grammar that ya'll gotta host a big argument over it? I'm not gonna change no matter what ya'll say so its no point in callin me less intelligent or whatever.

------------------
My Tracks

[This message has been edited by Em Playa (edited February 25, 2004).]
2004-02-25, 10:13 AM #44
Oh yeah, this dude who posted the thread isn't my friend, for whoever thought that... I don't even know him.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 10:17 AM #45
Just an FYI - SAJN_Master is Rod-Nog.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-25, 10:18 AM #46
Haha, figures...

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 10:22 AM #47
That post was to show how ridiculous it is, how bad some people can destroy the English language. Yes, some people are that bad. /glances at his school.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Think while it's still legal.
2004-02-25, 10:23 AM #48
Em Playa, I believe you can speak properly, and in a few earlier threads I have seen you type and speak properly when challenged. But you obviously haven't picked up a few things from Massassi. Just try your best to speak properly. People will jump on you, riducle you, when really they do nothing to fix the situation. Just let it go, speak like that around you friends, it will not get you anywhere around here.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 10:26 AM #49
Nah man, changing the way I act just to please some people who have no more rights than me isn't right...

Its like standin up for yourself when people asked you to move to the back of the bus in the old days...

Oh and for those who kicked my out the chat for the word dick, it means "A person, especially a man, regarded as mean or contemptible."

Got that off of dictionary.com

It would be censored if it was a bad word all the time right? Just like the reason *** isn't censored on TV and music.

------------------
My Tracks

2004-02-25, 10:27 AM #50
And my question is...if ya'll know he is intentionally speaking like this....is it soooo difficult to ignore it? If you can make some sense of it, which obvioulsy many of ya'll have, WHO GIVES A FLYING ****. It is not your duty to force him to change his character or persona on the internet.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 10:28 AM #51
THANK YOU.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 10:29 AM #52
Youre Welcome
2004-02-25, 10:30 AM #53
You got banned for saying penis. Ops say penis all the time. At massassi, if you do one thing that is questionable, and you are disliked, you can get banned for it. Fortunantly it is not by everyone. Please do not take all them to be the same type. They unbanned you. Come on now man, you need to pick up on how things work around here.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 10:31 AM #54
He did not get banned for penis. Read the RULES, you said b****in

------------------
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!

[This message has been edited by Skrompy (edited February 25, 2004).]
2004-02-25, 10:32 AM #55
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And who cares how I type? Do ya'll care so much about proper grammar that ya'll gotta host a big argument over it? I'm not gonna change no matter what ya'll say so its no point in callin me less intelligent or whatever.</font>

Yes. It's a skill. For example if you are trying to get a job, and your resume looks like this...

Previous jobs?: I once worked at dis place where these ppl served food and stuff.

Who told you about our company?: Ma boyz

Have you been fired from any jobs before this?: Nah, ya see ma boss was bein a totall ***** **** and I sed Ya'll need to back off, n den I quit.

You are not getting that job. I can't stand people on AIM "Lol u r funny, I g2g bbl l8rz." I try to spell things correctly, but I mess up sometimes, but atleast I try. For the few extra seconds it takes, try and spell!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> "A person, especially a man, regarded as mean or contemptible."

Got that off of dictionary.com</font>

You still meant it as an insult as in "You are stupid d**k"

------------------

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
2004-02-25, 10:32 AM #56
LET THE POINTLESS FLAME WAR BEGIN! Oh, wait... sorry I'm late.

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-02-25, 10:34 AM #57
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Skrompy:
He did not get banned for penis. Read the RULES, you said b****in

</font>

oS/Brad orginially kicked him for no damn reason for saying penis.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 10:34 AM #58
Maybe he meant "Stupid Private Eye". Did you think of that? No. It's a shame that people no longer associate "Columbo" with "Dick".

In your left hand you've got your Columbo, and in your right hand you've got your-!

...I see...

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-02-25, 10:37 AM #59
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
quote:And who cares how I type? Do ya'll care so much about proper grammar that ya'll gotta host a big argument over it? I'm not gonna change no matter what ya'll say so its no point in callin me less intelligent or whatever.

Yes. It's a skill. For example if you are trying to get a job, and your resume looks like this...

Previous jobs?: I once worked at dis place where these ppl served food and stuff.

Who told you about our company?: Ma boyz

Have you been fired from any jobs before this?: Nah, ya see ma boss was bein a totall ***** **** and I sed Ya'll need to back off, n den I quit.

You are not getting that job. I can't stand people on AIM "Lol u r funny, I g2g bbl l8rz." I try to spell things correctly, but I mess up sometimes, but atleast I try. For the few extra seconds it takes, try and spell!

quote: "A person, especially a man, regarded as mean or contemptible."

You still meant it as an insult as in "You are stupid d**k"
[/B]</font>

I think the kid is smart enough to know when he needs to put an effort to typing and looking presentable. That is not your job. His parents can do that. I for one think that this is the first time Rod-Nog/SAJN gets to pick on someone besides himself, hence you jumping all over Playas case.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 10:40 AM #60
Uh first of all, I'm not tryin to get a job here am I? I understand how the rules change in a formal setting. I don't consider this place formal.

And did I call you a stupid dick? I just called you a dick. So quit tryin to put words in my mouth.

Another, *****ing is "To complain; grumble."

Got THAT off of dictionary.com as well.

Ya'll pickin on MY English when obviously YA'LL don't know English as well as you think you do.

And nothin is wrong with sayin penis in the context I used it in... hell Sajn_Master said it right after me.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 10:40 AM #61
Ubuu man, thanks for gettin my back in this dogg... I got yours whenever you need me.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 10:41 AM #62
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I for one think that this is the first time Rod-Nog/SAJN gets to pick on someone besides himself, hence you jumping all over Playas case.
</font>

Um, lemme think...NO!

"And Rod-Nog, go shove a twinkie up your *** you fat ****."

"SAJN_Master, you're a dick on this name just like your other Rod-Nog name..."

That deserves an UBER BAN SLAP.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited February 25, 2004).]
2004-02-25, 10:44 AM #63
For the record, I don't care what a word means. It is against the rules to call someone a d*ck and its against the rules to say b**** in the chat. As for your general use of the english language I will agree people need to get over it. I am southern and use a southern dialect many times when I type, but there is also a chance of overusing it.

------------------
2004-02-25, 10:45 AM #64
Cause and effect.

You picked on me first, I had no beef with you or anyone else. You kept pickin on me so I said the first insult. My bad for sayin it, but at the time I truly wished you would have done that.

The second one is sayin that you're bein "a person, especially a man, regarded as mean or contemptible."

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 10:48 AM #65
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
That post was to show how ridiculous it is, how bad some people can destroy the English language. Yes, some people are that bad. /glances at his school.

</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Holy crap.... This guy has some skillz DIGGITY. </font>

*cough*

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-25, 10:48 AM #66
I "got" your back, because I have seen you type properly and fluently. I know you arent a complete retard. Unfortunatley in this world, what you show is what you get judged on. I think you are different, so you deserve your space. Trust me, I do the same things everyone is doing on another forum I amapart of. Constantly OVERKILLING English can get annoying, but I dont see it in what you are doing. Forgetting the "g" at the end of "ing" is not that bad. If you want to see overkill, I can show ya'll the way.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited February 25, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 10:49 AM #67
First off, I never picked on you. I said instead of a webcam "Buy an onsale Scanner [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]" SARCASM

Secondly, You said D**k before you looked it up on dictionary.com. You meant it as a very rude, mean, and crule insult.

Lastly, http://www.massassi.net/forum_rules.shtml

------------------

2004-02-25, 10:51 AM #68
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

No personal attacks, insults, or flames. This is one of our most important rules. If you have a problem with somebody, do not flame them on our boards. Take it somewhere else. No flaming of ANY kind is welcome here. The quickest way to get banned from our forums is to break this rule. </font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

The fact is, if you choose to make this place un-enjoyable for everyone else, you will be dealt with. </font>

------------------
Empty.
2004-02-25, 10:51 AM #69
Oh tru, thanks for the fix Ubuu.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
My Tracks

2004-02-25, 10:54 AM #70
First off, uh no, I knew the meanings for dick before that... hell where I live the kids in school can say that another kid is actin like a dick without bein punished...

Secondly, don't act like you know me.

Lastly, you read the rules while I read em cuz I think you need to refresh your memory.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 10:56 AM #71
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
I know you are a complete retard.</font>

I'm hoping you intended to include a "not" with that statement. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

You (Em Playa) can complain about the injustice of being disciplined for using "*****ing" and "d***," but the fact of the matter is, it's still offensive. "****ing" and "****ed" can mean to have sex, an adjective relating the object to extremes, or it means you're in deep trouble. However, these words still aren't acceptable, so don't try to dodge the rules by saying that colloquial forms of cuss words are okay.

Additionally, you may want to look up "contemptible" on dictionary.com, because that's generally considered insulting. If I called you a b*****, idiot, moron, fool, or any other array of words, those aren't insults! I'm simply commenting on your parents' unmarried status, the possibility of mental retardation, making observations that you may be mildly retarded, or expressing the belief that you lack the judgement to make sound decisions. These aren't insults at all!

Oh, and this reminds of this. Hee hee.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it

[This message has been edited by Wolfy (edited February 25, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Wolfy (edited February 25, 2004).]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-25, 10:56 AM #72
No, you meant it as an insult. That is utter bull crap. You just said that you looked it up on dictionary.com!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"A person, especially a man, regarded as mean or contemptible."

</font>

You are just trying to cover up your acting bad. Stop. Stop acting bad. Bad bad bad.

And I seriously had trouble reading that last post.

I've been banned for smaller things, why isn't he.

bad bad bad.

------------------

2004-02-25, 10:58 AM #73
... Strange, yet interesting. Frankly, if you can't take one more second to type a correct word, then you're quite lazy. But I'm lazy, just I type correctly. So, go with the flow!
2004-02-25, 10:59 AM #74
Shut up dude, you don't know what I was thinking or doing so don't act like you do.

I put it in dictionary.com only to show everyone ELSE the meaning of the word.

Are you sayin that I was callin you a penis? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

(No, that wasn't an insult for you picky people.)

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-25, 11:01 AM #75
The definition on dictionary.com says "Vulgar. A person, especially a man, regarded as mean or contemptible"

Unless you were calling him a detective or "a fellow; a guy", it was a rude insult.

------------------
MadQuack has a signature.

[This message has been edited by Flirbnic (edited February 25, 2004).]
I'm just a little boy.
2004-02-25, 11:01 AM #76
Oh yea, you can't justify the d*** comment Playa. Its against the rules. Sorry. See, I was probably the most hated person around here for a good 3 years. You pick up on things, grow up and learn.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-25, 11:01 AM #77
Heh. <3 stat

------------------
Empty.

[This message has been edited by Hellequin (edited February 25, 2004).]
2004-02-25, 11:04 AM #78
Oh, look what I found on TV. It's "***** Fest 2004" where people try to prove that they are the *****iest of all. Meh, this is getting boring. I think I'll change the channel to something else, but I can't seem to find "Admins Doing Their Job". gee, I wonder if it was cancelled.

Anyone want a Mountain Dew?

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited February 25, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-25, 11:08 AM #79
Is Em Playa banned yet?

- No.

Why not?

- I wasn't in those threads, I didn't see it.

*send links and quotes*

- I'm busy, ask another admin

But..what the...Ugh, fine.

------------------

2004-02-25, 11:08 AM #80
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:
I am the WORST speller i know

</font>

Worse than me? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

(this is a joke for the sarcastically inclined)

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.

↑ Up to the top!