Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The MaDa Memorial...
The MaDa Memorial...
2003-12-12, 11:29 AM #81
Ill help with the level pack. I know Im a little impopular with my winter patches, but I heard so much good about adam, so Ill help!

------------------
Vann
Vann
2003-12-12, 4:47 PM #82
I'm here if you need any help on this. I'll get to work scouring the internet for anything I can find of Madaventor's. For anything else, just let me know how I can help. Email at ehamsher@fast.net
2003-12-12, 9:01 PM #83
I've visited the Massassi Temple many times, never signed up on the forums till I read the shocking news, he was a great guy with a real talent, I for one will miss seeing him around the comunity. If there is anyway i can help out, plz, don't hesitate to ask, i'm not good in the editing department, but i have my own site with a LOT of extra space, if you need me to host anything or do anything art wise, I would be honored to help out. My email address is in my profile and you can catch me on MSN Messenger at SF_Gambit@hotmail.com.

RIP Adam, just wont be the same around here with out you
2003-12-12, 10:21 PM #84
I have found about 8-10 of MaDa's textures, which I have sent to ZZTer... they even have the original name! (Heh; it's like those little tags you get with collector's items.)

Whilst a tombstone could not really be done tastefully, a "memorial plague" could, in my opinion.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-13, 1:13 AM #85
You mean "plaque", right?

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2003-12-13, 8:02 AM #86
I will make a level also, I will do my best.

------------------
All is fair in love and war
All is fair in love and war
2003-12-13, 3:36 PM #87
I'll definitely do one.
2003-12-13, 5:21 PM #88
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] This is very sad. He was a very good friend of mine, and I feel like I was the last to find out. I'd really missed talking to him as of late, and now I know why I haven't seen him online.

I remember when Adam just started his texture work. It all started with a saber pack back when we were clan mates. I'd watched his skill in art from the time it sprouted, and it was him who got me into texture work. Fortunately, I saved alot of his best work, and as i went over each one, I remembered the times I downloaded them, and for each individual project, it's simply amazing how much of his work I used and how much it influenced my work and myself.

I've put all of his textures that I could find on my system - onto my server...

http://s87992361.onlinehome.us/Adam/

I hope these help you in your memorial. Adam was an amazing person, and an excellent artist.

This makes me very sad to know that he has passed away, but there is also joy, I know where he is, and that I will see him and talk to him again.

------------------
SDÅ_Lªkútí
SDÅ_Lªkútí
2003-12-13, 5:24 PM #89
kyle90 and I will make a level.

------------------
<kyle90> i got my SAT scores back
<kyle90> according to the sheet i got sent in the mail, I did "better than 99% of all college-bound seniors"
<kyle90> of course, thats comparing me to americans
<kyle90> so its not really a fair assessment
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-12-13, 5:34 PM #90
Fear not! All of the textures have thus been recovered! [url]http://www9.addr.com/~madavent/html/textures1.shtml]Mada's Textures[/url] have been fully recovered (I'm guessing) from Adam's hard drive.

Here are the official rules for JK/MotS levels:

All levels must be multiplayer.
We should expect to receive the level bug free, so beta test it yourself.
Anything in the level deemed inapropriet or completely improper will be rejected.
You may send more than one level in.
Send only your best work. If needed, levels will be returned for lack of effort.
MaDa's textures must be included. You may use other textures from other artists, but beyond that, there must be mada's textures.
You must include a readme with you .zip. The readme must be called YourLevelName_Readme.txt.
The level discription in-game should be a personal messege from you to Adam.
Send all e-mails to MaDaMemorial@sorrowind.net (Thanks to CoolMatty for the account)

JO/JA comming soon (Along with Shaders!)

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-12-14, 6:34 AM #91
Has anyone got the memorial site up? I want to have a look see sometime.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2003-12-14, 7:24 AM #92
http://www.MaDaVentor.net/
we wanted to have TheLimeLite.net but it may be 3 or so months before it's available...
it's still under construction and we're working on adding all the new textures and stuff still

if you want to say/write something about Adam for the memorial site email it to me.

------------------
"(no, i'm not against gaming [i enjoy gaming]... but i hate morons who ONLY play games all day and think they're cool because of their stupidity... go read a book)" --Me ;)
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2003-12-14, 7:44 AM #93
check out http://www.addr.com/~madavent that is, for the most part, the original Lime Lite, but not quite the newest possible version.

When I registered I tried to register http://www.thelimelite.net/ and I have had no problems yet, and I will no either later today (december 14, 2003) whether or not I got it. Altho because it is sunday/the weekend, it may not be until tomorrow (december 15, 2003)

------------------
In rememberance of MaDaVentor...
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/031774.html.

RiP MaDa. You will be greatly missed.
2003-12-14, 8:17 AM #94
because... we don't want to release 7 different level packs, we want to release 3.

oh, and eh, STOP POSTING CONVORSATIONS IN THE NO CONVO THREAD.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited December 14, 2003).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-12-14, 2:00 PM #95
I was able to get all of MaDaVentor's levels and modifications into a single pack. It can be found here:

http://www.addr.com/~madavent/html/levels_mp.shtml

------------------
In rememberance of MaDaVentor...
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/031774.html.

RiP MaDa. You will be greatly missed.
2003-12-16, 10:45 PM #96
u know this is the first time im posting on this forum but i just whated to say how great it is to see all of Mada's mates come together to make this geat pack for him i didnt know him at all but by the sounds of it he was a really nice guy once again this forum is really great coz of this

The Vin Master
2004-02-26, 6:16 PM #97
I all ready posted on the other thread, and I hadn't noticed this one.... is this project still active? I hope so.

I know Mada would love this project. It's such a great idea, and the best thing the community he loved can do to return the favor. I wouldn't pass up this opprtunity.

I'm going to make and release a level honoring him no matter what... I have to. All of my heart is bent on it.

We miss you MaDa

------------------
...how easy life would be... if only it came with a consistancy checker.
Fabricator of Neurotic for MLP4
We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams...
Neurotic||Mobius Grith||The Atrium
2004-02-26, 9:31 PM #98
Yeah I'm kinda curious too, what's the status?

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-26, 9:54 PM #99
I can speak for the JA part of the project, and Thrawn42689 has made a truly stunning level, while my own map is finished as well.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-26, 11:43 PM #100
I'm about halfway through my level for JK...

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-02-27, 11:58 AM #101
Funny you should mention it, today I was going to e-mail everyone to check up on their progress! This project is certainly still in it's process, and I'm going to release a bunch of levels even if I have to make them all myself :-P. Everyone should expect an e-mail by tomorrow, so be ready.

JediKirby

------------------
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-02-27, 1:32 PM #102
Id love to help out. Infact Im gonna start now.

------------------
Nightfire Mod
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi

↑ Up to the top!