Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you are a Christian, what denomination are you?
If you are a Christian, what denomination are you?
2004-10-13, 11:10 PM #41
Catholic 4 LIFE
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-14, 12:40 AM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaiph
There is nothing wrong with having a thread for christian discussion, but if you don't want non-christians posting here at least be a lot nicer about it next time than "get lost".

Yes that is official adminy advice.

I guess I should use more smilies often. Apparently people take my comments to seriously without them.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-10-14, 12:42 AM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
..But a Christian on the other hand.. it's easy for them!

Wow, you got poor reading skills. Where did I ever say that a Christian understands? I clearly stated that NO ONE can comprehend it.
2004-10-14, 12:46 AM #44
Quote:
Originally posted by ]-[ellequin
SavageX, what denomination is Harvest? I know they of Calvary Chapel origin, so are they Carismatic? I know Greg Laurie is a little different from the rest of the CC group, although I think the charismatic and Armenian aspects are still maintained.

Yeah, I guess you can call it a "charasmatic" church. I just call it non-denominational.
2004-10-14, 1:27 AM #45
Quote:
you got poor reading skills.

You have poor grammar.:p

Quote:
Where did I ever say that a Christian understands? I clearly stated that NO ONE can comprehend it.

You singled out atheists.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-14, 2:38 AM #46
What Daeron the Nerfherder said.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-10-14, 7:51 AM #47
Covenant Community Fellowship Church, non-denominational, non-doctrinal (if that's a word). We rely on the Bible alone.
My views do not necessarily represent those of my church. People seem to consider me a liberal Christian, but I'm actually not. It's just how I hold my convservative beliefs that makes it seem that way. (i.e. not forcing my beliefs on others.) Or maybe not. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally posted by ]-[ellequin
The doctrines all line up, but the methodology does not. We use electric guitars in services! Oh noes!
RUN AWAY!!!
Actually, I'm lead guitarist at my church, so according to people who think anything not a hymn is evil or that certain instruments are works of the devil, I'm going to hell. :rolleyes:
I think God should've added a commandment for people like that: "Thou shalt not be a freakin' moron." :p

Quote:
Come to think of it, we don't even have a "churchy" name.
Oh NO!! Mine either. Well, not until we tacked "church" on the end of it about a year ago. People thought we were some organization like an Eagle's Lodge.

Oh, and according to rumors, we worship idols and sacrifice animals. :rolleyes:
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-14, 8:33 AM #48
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
I ws raised Catholic ... I no longer practice

^^
2004-10-14, 8:48 AM #49
Technically. Mormon it's my damn grandma's fault too.

I prefer to refer to myself as the lowest common denomination, cause it makes people look at me funny and leave me alone, but it once got christains and mormons fighting over who wanted to make me accept Jesus Christ as my lord and personal saviour.

So I denied them thrice and left.
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-14, 8:51 AM #50
Non-denominational.
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2004-10-14, 9:13 AM #51
Non-denominational
/fluffle
2004-10-14, 9:22 AM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
Mine either. Well, not until we tacked "church" on the end of it about a year ago. People thought we were some organization like an Eagle's Lodge.

"Sunrise" doesn't even come close to being a church name. .It's also the name of a local car dealership, as well as a skiing resort up the hill, but we had the name first, and we're more known than either of those two organizations.
2004-10-14, 9:39 AM #53
Roman Catholic.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-10-14, 10:15 AM #54
Quote:
But the definition of agnostic that I'm familiar with doesn't have anything to do with belief or nonbelief of existance, but with it being impossible to prove.

Well, not really. agnostic vs. atheist is a difficult one. I think it goes that agnostics do not believe in the existance of God, while atheists believe that God does not exist. There's a subtle but important difference. But 'agnostic' is all too often used by people that are too lazy to have an opinion at all.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-10-14, 10:48 AM #55
By way of clarification, I live the moral standards of the LDS church, but do not necessarily have complete faith in it. I was born and raised in it and thus am rooted in its traditions, but I prefer a scientific viewpoint whenever it is available.
2004-10-14, 10:58 AM #56
Officially, I guess I'm Church of England protestant. The fact that I'm a pretty strong atheist negates that. Damn you parental control on the census!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-10-14, 11:48 AM #57
Roman Catholic -- St. Edwards.
woot!
2004-10-14, 12:07 PM #58
i'm from the church "OMGBLINGLIEKNoN00bSWtfL337"

And I'm the badass minister

;) :D

/me smiteth mathathi
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-10-14, 12:17 PM #59
Roman Catholic representin'!
2004-10-14, 12:25 PM #60
Quote:
Originally posted by Hebedee
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Edit: Hey Hebedee, what's going on? Haven't talked to you in a while. If you don't remember this name, do you remember the name jkguy_009? ;)
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-10-14, 1:08 PM #61
I would call myself Non-Denomenational, but my dad is a vicar in the church of England (Anglican/protestant.) However, I don't really think he's Anglican/Protestant... he has some pretty radical ideas as church of england preists go (gasp! There is such thing as the holy spirit, and God actually wants to bless us :eek: )
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-10-14, 1:12 PM #62
I'm probably more charasmatic than conservative christian. We believe in the gifts of the holy spirit, and we don't feel that certian instruments are wrong or bad.

Now, there seem to be alot of people of faith at these forums, especially christians... why do we have a 3 (correction) 4 page thread on the length of a man's manliness?:confused: :)
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-14, 1:54 PM #63
I too belong to The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2004-10-14, 2:32 PM #64
Quote:
Now, there seem to be alot of people of faith at these forums, especially christians... why do we have a 3 (correction) 4 page thread on the length of a man's manliness?

Because they're not too uppety and supressed to stop them from asking the questions that bother them and force them into ignorance?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-10-14, 2:46 PM #65
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
Because they're not too uppety and supressed to stop them from asking the questions that bother them and force them into ignorance?

O.....K.... That would be moral relativism in action.

Who's uppety, supressed and ignorant?
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-14, 2:55 PM #66
CRC Christian Reformed Church

DUTCHNESS REPRESENT!
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-10-14, 3:10 PM #67
Non-denominational. :rolleyes:
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-10-14, 3:20 PM #68
Quote:
Originally posted by GhostOfYoda
I would call myself Non-Denomenational...

So why don't ya? :p
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Tonberry
Non-denominational.

You LIE! HEATHEN!!!

Oh wait... :o
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-14, 3:45 PM #69
Non-denominational. Although it leans very close to the Pentecostal side of things. Probably past it.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-10-14, 4:40 PM #70
Protestant.
2004-10-14, 4:49 PM #71
Baptist

btw.. our church lives by only the Bible as well.
2004-10-14, 5:17 PM #72
Protestant.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-14, 5:40 PM #73
Can you guys maybe be more specific than "protestant," since that's technically any non-catholic denomination.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-14, 8:38 PM #74
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaiph
There is nothing wrong with having a thread for christian discussion, but if you don't want non-christians posting here at least be a lot nicer about it next time than "get lost".

Yes that is official adminy advice.

The more I see them post the more admins remind me of FBI agents. :eek: No sence of humor. ;) Which makes you wonder, what would an admin of an FBI board be like?
2004-10-14, 8:46 PM #75
Another Mormon here.

Well, I'm a wierd Mormon. When people find out, they're really suprised. I swear a bit more than other Mormons, but I don't drink or anything.

So anyways, Suprise!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-10-14, 9:16 PM #76
Hey, if you remove the second 'm' in Mormon, it would be more accurate!

...sorry, I couldn't resist. :(
Please forgive me. You can rearrange my name in insulting ways if you want.
I have nothing against Mormons.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-10-14, 9:20 PM #77
Quote:
Originally posted by COTF_Dude
Jehovah's Witness
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-10-14, 11:35 PM #78
Quote:
Originally posted by dry gear the frog
Hey, if you remove the second 'm' in Mormon, it would be more accurate!

...sorry, I couldn't resist. :(
Please forgive me. You can rearrange my name in insulting ways if you want.
I have nothing against Mormons.

Anything you say, Great Goth Fred...y.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-10-15, 6:37 AM #79
Just out of curiosity (and not intending to be offensive), how many of you actually are practicing Christians? By that, I mean not Christian from some technicality, or you try to live by the Bible as much as you can.
I know a lot of people consider themselves Christian because they believe in God... which in itself is inaccurate.
And yes, I used to be the same. Before I followed it, I still considered myself a Christian. In retrospect, however, I would not still consider myself as such during that time.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-15, 7:03 AM #80
Baptised C of E Prodestant, don't practice.

↑ Up to the top!