Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I did it.
I did it.
2004-10-20, 5:41 PM #81
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
Oooh, what was the reason you didn't capitalize the first sentence? :p

His reason is to get you to say that. :)

I agree with Pagewizard_YKS, though. Everything has a purpose. Everything has a reason.
2004-10-20, 5:44 PM #82
Make it clear that you are attracted to her, but save it for the dating stage before you allow yourself to develop real feelings.

Doesn't that sound nice and cold? :p

PS. This was a general post and not aimed at anyone in particular
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-10-20, 5:46 PM #83
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Make it clear that you are attracted to her, but save it for the dating stage before you allow yourself to develop real feelings.

Doesn't that sound nice and cold? :p

PS. This was a general post and not aimed at anyone in particular

you're on the right track. Not quite there, but you'te on your way.
2004-10-20, 5:47 PM #84
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Isn't rejection a curious thing? I got rejected last June and whilst I spent a fair part of summer feeling sorry for myself, now somehow i'm finding it easier and easier to approach ladies and i'm pretty sure i've noticed far more attention from them.

How rejection can ultimately result in a heightened level of confidence is something everyone should experience :p

Good. You learned that theres a good and bad side of everything. What you judge good and bad is entirely up to you.
2004-10-20, 6:05 PM #85
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
I could have talked to anyone at that point w/o hesitation. That experience gave me a huge surge of confidence that day, and after 4 years, it still hasn't left me.

The motive is finally revealed: The ego is born of harvesting phone numbers. Sounds like a real pimp, to me.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-20, 6:42 PM #86
I can't even say this is all that much of a rejection. She is dating, you know. I wasn't expecting her to be like: "omg he reveals he thinks I'm attractive I have to break up with my boyfriend now!" and certainly not: "Hey, I think I should cheat on my boyfriend." I was expecting to answer her question and to fight my fear of taking that plunge.

I jumped from the friends ladder to the good ladder, but instead of being kicked into the abyss I kind of ended up back on that friends ladder. Will I make the jump again in the future? That depends.

Now that I have taken this first step, I think I might seriously go take a look at "the market". I might have started something with another girl by the time she breaks up---so who knows if another jump is in the cards for me.

But I do know that my move could have gone A LOT worse. My friend doesn't know, and hopefully he never will. :)
2004-10-20, 6:54 PM #87
Unless, of course, he too frequents these forums...
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-10-20, 6:58 PM #88
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Tonberry
Unless, of course, he too frequents these forums...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
2004-10-20, 7:01 PM #89
Quote:
Positives: I have new confidence and she did mention something about "If circumstances were different..." this confirms my suspicion. Early in the summer, I thought she was sending me odd vibes---as though she was attracted to me. Then I went away to Salt Lake City and other random places. When I got back, she was dating.
....don't assume anything. Ever. Especially when dealing with women. Just move on and date other girls. If there is ever a chance where you are both single and she becomes interested in you, than have at it. But don't deprive yourself in the long run by continuing to pine for her. But it sounds like you are planning on doing that anyway, so kudos.

Quote:
I jumped from the friends ladder to the good ladder, but instead of being kicked into the abyss I kind of ended up back on that friends ladder. Will I make the jump again in the future? That depends.
Oh god, it all comes into focus now. You still follow that asinine ladder theory? Good god, do yourself a favor and forget about it.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-10-20, 7:23 PM #90
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran Horn
....don't assume anything. Ever.

Yes! I absolutly agree.
2004-10-20, 8:16 PM #91
gah, nm
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-10-21, 9:37 AM #92
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Legend
Now that I have taken this first step, I think I might seriously go take a look at "the market". I might have started something with another girl by the time she breaks up---so who knows if another jump is in the cards for me.

Is this a step to move on and get over Caitlin, or are you gonna try to play the envy card?:p

And Kieran, you keep saying "nm". Just spit it out!;)
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood

↑ Up to the top!