Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Knight Editing Hall of Fame Level I'm Planning . . .
Jedi Knight Editing Hall of Fame Level I'm Planning . . .
2005-01-02, 8:22 PM #1
I've had a pretty neat idea for this for a while now, but if I do do this, I want to pull it off well. I have a slightly unconventional style in mind, but it should be interesting and make the production of the level take much less time.

These are all the names I've collected for inclusion in the level so far (notice this includes both JK/Mots as well as SP/MP and Mappers/modelers/modders. If people want me to include coggers or breakthrough discoveries in JK, feel free to mention them. I might even include a timeline.):
Quote:
:( a_person*
:( Al MacDonald*
:) Anthony "AK" Piggott
:( Blood Asp
:( Brad "oSiRiS" Huizenga
:( Brad S
:( Cave_Demon
:( CavEmaN
:( Chris Swan
:( Christian Garris
:) clan ruthervain
:( Cogking*
:( DrkJedi82*
:( Darth J*
:( Darth Slaw* (how could I forget him :-) )
:( David McHale
:( DeTRiTiC-iQ
:( Donny Versiga (BSR)
:( Dormouse*
:) DSettahr
:( Edward
:( Elmo
:( EL3CTRO
:( Emon
:( Fardreamer*
:( Flexor
:D Freelancer
:( Friend14
:) gbk
:( GhostOfYoda
:( Goofz
:( GuNbOy
:( Halucid
:( Hell Cat
:( Hell Raiser
:( Hideki*
:( HothRebel
:( ID_Junkguy
:( Jason Burton*
:( JEDI kIRBY
:( Jeff Walters
:( Jensyx
:D JKDude, a.k.a. "Sol"
:( ******
:( Kyle90*
:( Lord_Grismath
:( lucky_jackpot*
:( MaDaVentor
:( Matthew Surman
:( Matt Chapman
:( Matyy
:( MikeC
:( MysteriousSith*
:( Nebula*
:( NorthChaos
:( Alexei Novikov*
:( Ortheza
:( Pagewizard_YKS
:( PeD_HeAd
:( Pele*
:( Raynar
:( Rogue Leader*
:( Ryan Bickhart
:( Sabermaster*
:( SavageX
:( ShadowX
:D Shred18*
:( SM Sith Lord
:( Spiral
:) Stormie* (I need at least 3 more pics too give you a :D )
:( Takimoto
:( Tee
:( The_Mega_ZZTer
:( Timothy "Slug" Hayes
:( - Tony -*
:( TQB
:( Trige
:D Whelly
:( Wolfy

That's [was 58, is currently: 78] total. I apologize if anyone major has been left off, but please, now is the time to pipe up and make yourself heard. If you want to be included, just say. You can't join though if you're greatest achievement is a dflt box with a corridor adjoined to another box though. That just won't cut it, there have to be limits placed or else any old person could join. At the same time, I don't want this to be exclusive. If you have worked long and hard on JK/MoS levels/models/mods whether they are released or unreleased, feel free to post your accomplishments here. I might select a panel of judges to deem whether a person should be entered, but that probably won't be necessary.

Now for the part everyone can help me out with so that this project actually gets done (or at least started ;) ): I would like everyone to fill out an info form for yourself (or another listed on this list) which follows this format:
Quote:
Name(a nickname will do):
Birth Date:
Country of Origin:
Massassian Since(date):
Words of Wisdom: (this can be a quote or encouragement that you have concocted)

You don't have to fill in all of these (but that would be nice). If everyone posts there info either here on this thread or send it to my email you will save me much time and I can actually get on with making the level.

The next extremely helpful thing that can be done is for editors to take pictures of their levels (by either hitting the "Print Screen" button on their keyboard or using JK's "F12" default. Please make these good pictures that show off the best features of your levels/models. Please submit them either here or to my said email address in JPEG format and no larger than 800x600. This will also save me much time.

I already have the main hub of the level design planned (I'm not positive I can pull it off, yet, but it probably shouldn't be too much of a problem. If anyone's interested and would like me to give further details, just say. I'm kind of tired of typing for now, so I'll just let this sit here for the moment and see if people are even interested enough for me continue. I am not guaranteeing that I will sacrifice my life for this, but if interest is high, I will certainly take a shot at it. Fire away! :D

[EDIT: *Those listed in bold have been added upon request.]

[2nd EDIT: *More have been added to the list. Here's a scale I have included to let you know whether I need any more info/pictures from you to be included. Please include no more than 16 pictures, and no less than 4 (even if you just take different pics of the same level) and fill out the said form.

The scale is as thus:
:( = no info/picture
:) = 1 of the said requirements (either pics or info) has been fulfilled
:D = both pictures and info have been received.

IMPORTANT: I would also like to note that it would be helpful if you include your skill in JK/MotS editing as well (whether you are a cogger/modeller/mapper/modder or all of the above. ALSO, post links to all your submitted work, either on Massassi or elsewhere.

Finally, please note, not all of the above on this list have been confirmed - if I can't get a decent list of accomplishments and pictures, either from them or another Massassian, they may not make the final cut. :( ]
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-02, 8:36 PM #2
Thank you for remembering me! I never published much myself, I mostly worked on other people's projects with them. A certain dark, orbitting moon rings a bell.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-02, 8:53 PM #3
You forgot Nebula, to name one.
2005-01-02, 8:53 PM #4
Take my name off the list and replace it with Alexei Novikov, Pele, Hideki, Sabermaster, etc. If they arent on the list, neither should I.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-02, 8:59 PM #5
Kyle90
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-01-02, 8:59 PM #6
I made a cool castle and city level once.

You forgot Shred18.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-02, 9:02 PM #7
Cogking is also missing.

Also, the 'S' in my sn is capitalized.

Name(a nickname will do): Brendan Jackson
Birth Date: April 3rd, 1983
Country of Origin: United States
Massassian Since(date): January 11th, 2001 (date I registered for the forums, I lurked for a few years prior to this)
Words of Wisdom: "Hier steh' Ich; Ich kann nicht anders." -Martin Luther
2005-01-02, 9:22 PM #8
Quote:
A certain dark, orbitting moon rings a bell.

I don't suppose you'd be referring to Inoxx, would ya? :p
Quote:
You forgot Nebula, to name one.

Darn, I don't know how I forgot him. "Deep" is one of my favorite levels. Anyway, he's been added.
Quote:
Take my name off the list and replace it with Alexei Novikov, Pele, Hideki, Sabermaster, etc. If they arent on the list, neither should I.

I'm including you gbk because of "OTS" - to my knowledge none of them ever made a level, but I could be very mistaken. I appreciate your modesty, but this is one of the reasons why I'm wondering if I should include coggers in this level. What is your input, gbk?
Quote:
Kyle90

Added.
Quote:
I made a cool castle and city level once.

And I'm sure it was a very nice castle, but that doesn't help much. Please post screenshots and fill out the mini-form. I can't just showcase your work on a golden plaque as "drizzt2k2 made a cool castle and city level once" :p Please, help me out and find some pics. That would be great.
Quote:
You forgot Shred18.

Added.
Quote:
Cogking is also missing.

Also added.
Quote:
Also, the 'S' in my sn is capitalized.

Fixed.

Keep 'em coming guys. Any suggestions are welcome as well. :)
2005-01-02, 9:54 PM #9
Not only did Novikov map, he wrote JED. What else do you need? :p

Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
...I appreciate your modesty, but this is one of the reasons why I'm wondering if I should include coggers in this level. What is your input, gbk?

Pele and SM, no doubt. While they may not have mapped, theyve done far more for JK than most other editors.
2005-01-02, 10:01 PM #10
Alexei Novikov made JED. I gotta agree with GBK, if he isn't on the list there shouldn't be a list period :p

Pele made the first level of Warzone, one of the first decent SP addons. He's been gone a good 5+ years though so not many remember him.

I'd definitely like to see Jason Burton on there, he made a kick *** SP -and- MP level. Slug made some damn good MP levels too. Oh oh and the guys behind Spork and Swoop!
2005-01-02, 10:22 PM #11
Fardreamer and the Sandcrawler Productions team, too, for Art of the Lightsaber.

I'll throw Darth J's name in there aswell, most notably for his huge Mos Espa project for the defunct TPMTC, but otherwise he is/was just a solid all-around mapper, very underrated.
2005-01-02, 11:31 PM #12
Can I get an honerable mention for sucking so much?
2005-01-03, 3:39 AM #13
So bitter that i'm not included in that list. :p

Sure.. i mean i never /released/ anything, and eventually lost 6 years of editing in a freak hd purge, but i sure did a /lot/ of stuff that i never finished. :gbk:

This was something like two years ago now i guess, and i haven't had the heart to reinstall JK ever since.

Up to and including:

• Carbonite mines for MotS that would explode into freezey death circles, best used on the far side of doors so that people would trigger them as the door opened then get shattered by the closing door. This was like the first thing i ever did in mots, and while incredibly simplistic was entirely too amusing.
  • Cuttlefish! I mean really! I made them, i did. I made little animated textured models with tentacles and rippling frills and big googly eyes, and ai's that would have them zip around underwater and everything.
  • A number of the original weapons and the hostage capturing / releasing cogging for Team Battle, including the older edition of the bm's for the health/armor and ammo count areas. Though admittedly the hud was pretty minimalistic and un-flashy, but that's mostly because that's how i /like/ interfaces. [if you dig real deep past the balrog-infested mithril veins on the TB forum there is one screenshot at least of it, though it looked much cooler in-game]. I have no idea if theyre still using any of the stuff i made for it or not, but i used to work really closely with Hellcat for quite some while.
  • The massively time-intensive Aliens vs Predator mode i worked on for several years off and on. Included such fun things as functional cloaksuits with rippling effect, tracking shoulder cannon, throwing disc that chopped people in half, net gun to immoblize. Then for alien of course had the whole running along walls with the vornskrr model and the ability to see pheremomes and a special night vision mode and being abel to bite people's heads off at a distance to regain health and lungeing and spitting acid and such.
  • Then perhaps my favourite pet project was a gamesys wherein one actually had to manipulate world objects. That is, instead of running along and picking up a shield belt as you passed over it, when you focussed on it centering your view it would highlight [think Thief] and you'd frob it to pick it up. Also had this highlight/frobbing system set up to work for doors and such as well.

I was planning on doing a whole system expanding on this for a more rpg-ish feel to jk, but then it was allegedly going to be included in the Arrow Thieves trilogy [along with my cuttlefish!], but they both got dropped out at the last minute before release [or so the authour informed me].
  • Obsessively poking Grismath and tireleslly beta-testing to convince him to keep releasing and working on RoX :D Ultimately futilely, though got a good couple levels out of it at least.

Also tended to haunt the cogging/editing fora for a long while, quite some time ago, checking them almost as often as the main forum. But it's been a long time since i've had the will to test and assist.

Meh. Not really bitter really. Just felt like reminiscing about old times and all the sadly lost coggitude. And as a general fyi for those countless millions who think i never did any editing :p
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2005-01-03, 3:51 AM #14
Name : Aeryn] / Ruthven
Birth Date: 18th Feb 1984
Country of Origin: Cambridge, England
Massassian Since: Sep 7th 2000
Words of Wisdom: Chinese girls PWNE !!!! oh and concerning modelling and texturing, artistic abilities and patience is a MUST have.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-03, 4:16 AM #15
I've done quite a lot of stuff that was never released (I made a gunblade model once... and started dozens upon dozens of RPG levels), but I laid down my cleave tool a few years ago when I picked up the red builder brush.

You should make a section outside in a dumpser or something with all the guys that failed. Written on scraps of soggy cardboard.

EDIT: Keep me if you want, but I've got no screenies of my work, 'cause of various formats, changes along the way, etc. Most of it, if it were still around, would be three or four years old, anyhoo.

EDIT2: I have a half-finished RPG level I found lurking. It was very simple.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-03, 5:06 AM #16
Name: Stormie
Birth Date: 10th May 1988
Country of Origin: England
Massassian Since: January 2000
Words of Wisdom: Help is ALWAYS at hand.

Image: http://www.massassi.net/levels/screenshots/jm1se1.jpg

I was the youngest person to make a level apparently (according to people at the time) and the first to make Tie Bomber Ai for a level ... my input would show that age doesnt matter. An 11 year old can put out something decent :)
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2005-01-03, 5:58 AM #17
Name: Kevin Patton
Birth Date: November 3rd, 1984
Country of Origin: USA
Massassian Since: February 1998
Pics: http://www.geocities.com/bozoboy33/1.html
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-03, 6:39 AM #18
I think it was Bobo Fett who discovered how to do 16 bit mats (can anyone confirm this?)
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-03, 7:05 AM #19
what about that dude who did that 6000 Block level?

he also made some website i think....
2005-01-03, 7:36 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford:
what about that dude who did that 6000 Block level?

he also made some website i think....

Humour noted and accepted ;)

Topic related, I think the major names have been included: being more familiar with the cogging aspect, I think Pele, Hideki, GBK, SaberMaster and more recently, ZeqMacaw definitely deserve a mention :)

Whilst I can name numerous cog work for people, I don't think any of it is groundbreaking in itself (unlike GBK's "flicker" cog, ZeqMacaw's "Surface Touched" cogs or SaberMaster's "X-wing vs TIE" concept MOD). I've dealt more with just the day-to-day requests than anything else alas... :(. I know I've been more busy this year, but someone has to keep things ticking over there in the old cog forum... and besides - we all need someone/something to aspire to ;) :)

Oh - and I second GBK and Jaiph's opinion on Alexei ;)

-Jackpot

PS: After all that, "AI Builder" will soon be available for download, so that ought to interest some of the (waning) JK editors... :)
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2005-01-03, 8:34 AM #21
*sigh*

Quote:
Name: Robert "gbk" Bullock
Birth Date: June of 1984
Massassian Since: September 22, 2001.
Words of Wisdom: "I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth - the wonderful truth - is that we only want what we think we can't have. That distinction, no matter how minute, is the key to success. Set your sights just a little higher than you think you can handle, and just go for it. This may surpise you, but fortune does indeed favor the bold."
2005-01-03, 10:12 AM #22
I demand to be in there. I downloaded JED once, and made a a horribly textured box that you fell through as soon as you spawned.

Name: Obi_Kwiet
Birth Date: July 22, 1989
Massassian Since: I don't remember.
Interests: Taking credit for things that I don't deserve.

(;))
2005-01-03, 10:22 AM #23
Woo! That's me right near the top, and thanks for spelling my name right, you actually remembered that I have two t's in my surname.

Name: Anthony "AK" Piggott
Birth Date: 21st July 1983
Country of Origin: UK
Massassian Since: Early 1999
Words of Wisdom: Meh.

There are plenty of screens of my levels here in Massassi's file section and at TACC. I'd gladly provide some myself, but I don't have JK/MotS installed.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-01-03, 10:26 AM #24
[UPDATE FOR EVERYONE"S INFORMATION: *More have been added to the list. Here's a scale I have included to let you know whether I need any more info/pictures from you to be included. Please include no more than 16 pictures, and no less than 4 (even if you just take different pics of the same level) and fill out the said form.

The scale is as thus:
:( = no info/picture
:) = 1 of the said requirements (either pics or info) has been fulfilled
:D = both pictures and info have been received.

IMPORTANT: I would also like to note that it would be helpful if you include your skill in JK/MotS editing as well (whether you are a cogger/modeller/mapper/modder or all of the above. ALSO, post links to all your submitted work, either on Massassi or elsewhere.

Finally, please note, not all of the above on this list have been confirmed - if I can't get a decent list of accomplishments and pictures, either from them or another Massassian, they may not make the final cut. :( ]
2005-01-03, 10:27 AM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
I think it was Bobo Fett who discovered how to do 16 bit mats (can anyone confirm this?)

Yes that's right, although I think he spelt it "BoBo_Fett" or something.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-01-03, 10:29 AM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by AKPiggott
Woo! That's me right near the top, and thanks for spelling my name right, you actually remembered that I have two t's in my surname.

Name: Anthony "AK" Piggott
Birth Date: 21st July 1983
Country of Origin: UK
Massassian Since: Early 1999
Words of Wisdom: Meh.

There are plenty of screens of my levels here in Massassi's file section and at TACC. I'd gladly provide some myself, but I don't have JK/MotS installed.

No problem, AK! You've always been one of my favorite SP editors. ;)

I'll add your info to the list, but if you could spare a moment, perhaps you could run through the Massassi/TACC archives and get 16 good pictures of your levels, seeing as you know longer have the games installed. That would save me some trouble.
2005-01-03, 10:55 AM #27
I can get a picture of my latest level shortly, as soon as it looks good enough to be picture worthy.
2005-01-03, 11:00 AM #28
Nono I was just kidding don't put me on there, I havn't really released anything as I am too lazy.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-03, 11:10 AM #29
i should be in this list... for my...uh...uh... crap all my good projects never got finished
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-03, 11:16 AM #30
Yay I got the only super-smiley face so far. :D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-03, 1:20 PM #31
Name: JKDude/Sol
Birth Date: December 19th, 1986
Country of Origin: Canada
Massassian Since: March, 2001
Words of Wisdom: Failing can be the first step to success.

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/4207/bhst17xf.jpg

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/793/bhst21uh.jpg

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/7058/jkdshot16bt.jpg

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/6988/jkdshot28eh.jpg

EDIT: I find it hard to believe that I joined before GBK, just seems odd. :o
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-03, 1:27 PM #32
Everyone overlooks the texture artists :(
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-01-03, 1:34 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by AKPiggott
and thanks for spelling my name right, you actually remembered that I have two t's in my surname.

Hah! So there are. While we're on the subject, shall I fix the spelling in your webspace?
2005-01-03, 1:51 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Zuljin
Everyone overlooks the texture artists :(

I know you and somebody else made "Sky Higher!" and I remember you posting a nice level in the showcase forum back in summer, 2003. Get a few pics of those up, and I'll include 'em (even send in some of your best textures). :)
2005-01-03, 2:09 PM #35
Make sure to include Zully's best textures!
[http://files.massassi.net/mats/screenshots/sky2.jpg]
[http://files.massassi.net/mats/screenshots/wood.jpg]
[http://files.massassi.net/mats/screenshots/grass.jpg]
2005-01-03, 2:18 PM #36
You'd better run Emon... :p
2005-01-03, 2:36 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
I know you and somebody else made "Sky Higher!" and I remember you posting a nice level in the showcase forum back in summer, 2003. Get a few pics of those up, and I'll include 'em (even send in some of your best textures). :)

I believe that was Juztyn.
2005-01-03, 2:57 PM #38
Woo, im on the list :D

Name: Shred
Birth Date: 06-27-81
Massassian Since(date): 02-02-2000
Words of Wisdom: "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." -Marty McFly

JK editing skills: Modeller, texturerer, level editor, animator, and all around artist. I know basic cog, and tdir even ended up with a couple of mine.

Special notes: I've come up with several ideas that ended up being breakthroughs that made tdir possible. Such as Jedi knight can only load a certain amount of resources, thus the mod had to be isolated from the res2.gob. I also figured out exactly how the information in the keys work, so that an animation can be applied to any hierchy via our key converter (programmed by Hell Raiser, to be released when its done :D )

Stuff I've worked on:
DBZ:TDIR

Also DBZ3.0 and The final fantasy Mod .. back in the day.

Here's some images of things ive made:

http://www.hellraiser64.com/tdir/screenshots/Characters/goku_model.jpg
http://www.hellraiser64.com/tdir/screenshots/Characters/piccolo_model.jpg
http://www.hellraiser64.com/tdir/screenshots/Characters/yamcha_model.jpg
http://www.hellraiser64.com/tdir/screenshots/Screenshots/namek04.jpg
http://www.hellraiser64.com/tdir/screenshots/Levels/kamis3.jpg
http://www.hellraiser64.com/tdir/screenshots/Levels/kingkaiplanet.jpg
http://www.hellraiser64.com/tdir/screenshots/Levels/rosat1.jpg
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2005-01-03, 3:10 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
Make sure to include Zully's best textures!

Hey, that wood texture is great! For 8-bit :/ :(

And you'd better run. I am sooo hunting you down.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-01-03, 3:19 PM #40
Bow before my editing might, for I made this and this!

ok, so they suck, but you forgot Slug from your list!
Life is beautiful.

↑ Up to the top!