Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mature boil over.
Mature boil over.
2005-01-10, 7:48 AM #1
Okay I've had enough but I want to do this with class. I am sick and tired of every second person tell me I should have left and I should be gone for good. I did not break any of the stated rules doing what I did therefore I have every right to be here.

I am getting pretty sick and tired of getting insulted and tag teaming constantly. No I will not leave no matter how hard you try so maybe you shouldn't.

If I break the rules I deserve to be banned just like everyone else but I no longer desire to fight with you children. I am not leaving and weither or not you think I am annoying is irrelevant to me. I care very little for your personal opinion of me and I don't think I should have to. It's not a requirement of being part of this community to be liked by all, neither was leaving for a bit and coming back violating the rules.

I'd also like to at this time say sorry for my past hostility and assure you my time fighting is over so any insults or flames will simply be ignored from me as they should be.

That's all I have to say for now... let's try to be nicer to each other... atleast that's what I want. Try to make this place happy again instead of logging on to see how I have to defend myself next.
2005-01-10, 8:35 AM #2
I've never told anyone to leave. But if you want me to I can...

I've never had a problem with you, or anyone on these boards... well, there's one, but he's being kwiet right now.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-10, 8:41 AM #3
I have had this problem too. Just ignore them. They won't stop, but it show them to be the jerks they are, and make you look even more mature. This isn't the reason I stay, but I do take heart in the fact that my mere existence does more to get them back than all their flames do to me. Their flaming has done nothing but make me even more determined that I will stay. It may seem like every one does it, but they don't. It's just a very voiseful group of people who try to deal with opinions contrary to their own by flaming those that have them. If I were mod I would make constant flaming a temp ban offense.
2005-01-10, 8:52 AM #4
just have to get this in quickly -

very clever Shming, and oh, the irony 6 minutes later!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-10, 8:56 AM #5
*head explodes*

we had this thread last night: see closed thread for results
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-01-10, 9:03 AM #6
Well they not flaming me outright. This is a bit of an improvement.
2005-01-10, 9:10 AM #7
Mech, first of all, you know that posting this straight after Boricua's thread is going to get people flaming you, just as I'm sure you must have known that posting an 'I'm leaving' thread would have resulted in people saying 'sure, whatever' and then flaming you when you returned.

If you are over your past conflicts, then prove it by just ignoring people. Baiting them like this does not do anyone any good. I'll certainly agree that you're given a hard time around here, but if you feel like you're being treated unfairly you need to complain to the admins, not encourage it with something like this.

2005-01-10, 9:11 AM #8
*cue music*

AHA SO YOU ADMIT IT WAS YOUR NIPPLE THEN!!
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-01-10, 9:14 AM #9
Cant we just turn this aggression towards a random ethnic denomination within our society?
(Shotgun not the Chinese or Indians.)

/FATTY RUTHVEN EATS THREAD YUMYUM
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-10, 10:00 AM #10
I, too, want to die a martyr.
2005-01-10, 10:05 AM #11
all these threads are dumb, its only the internet, get over it.
2005-01-10, 10:27 AM #12
Listen to General Maevie. Her rising army needs all brave warriors. Also mechwarriors.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-10, 10:44 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford
all these threads are dumb, its only the internet, get over it.

That's no excuse for the vast majority of this community or any community to be complete *******s.
2005-01-10, 11:28 AM #14
Most Massassians really need to get two particular rules pounded into their skulls.

Quote:
No personal attacks, insults, or flames. This is one of our most important rules. If you have a problem with somebody, do not flame them on our boards. Take it somewhere else. No flaming of ANY kind is welcome here. The quickest way to get banned from our forums is to break this rule.

and

Quote:
If you have a personal issue, keep it personal. We don't want our forums clogged up with posts specifically for one person. If it can be handled over email, take it to email.

Honestly, these two rules get broken more times than I can count, each day.

First, we have the flamers. These people find any small, insignificant flaw, or generally anything they don't like about someone elses posts, and insult/attack them over it. This is most oftenly done by a relative "veteran" massassian to a new and/or returning member. Elitism plays a major part in this, but mostly it's just general asshattery. Either way, it needs to stop.

Then we have the "flamees", for lack of a better term. These are usually new forum members who have yet to earn the "respect" (if you can call it that) from other members in the community. More often than not, these poor souls get flamed unjustly by others simply because they're new (such was the case with SAJN, MechWarrior, Boricua, and I believe something similar happened to Cazor at a much earlier date. I'm sure there's others, as well.)

However, instead of reporting it to the proper authorities, or just plain ignoring it, these "flamees" often just flame back, which does nothing but cause more trouble. Then they continue to do more harm than good, by trying to be "martyrs" and starting flamebait threads such as this one to "make a statement", which are inevitably closed.

The solution: You all need to stop sucking. Seriously. The Massassi Veterans need to stop being such jackasses and attacking people for stupid things, just to "look cool", and the newbies need to stop retaliating with more flames, and making it even easier for them to be attacked.

Seriously. Stop sucking so much.
Moo.
2005-01-10, 11:29 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Morfildor
That's no excuse for the vast majority of this community or any community to be complete *******s.

Very true but these threads never solve anything, normally things just get aggravated even more.
/fluffle
2005-01-10, 11:54 AM #16
flame
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-10, 11:55 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
Listen to General Maevie. Her rising army needs all brave warriors. Also mechwarriors.

You know you don't get any rewards just for promoting the army, right? :p

Also, new sig!

2005-01-10, 11:57 AM #18
This thread sucks.
2005-01-10, 12:00 PM #19
[http://free.angeltowns.com/fgr/FGR/3/---.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-10, 12:02 PM #20
How is this mature?
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 12:05 PM #21
That one huge problem you had on your hands quite some time ago ... was it all invented and nothing ever really happened?
2005-01-10, 12:06 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by maevie
Also, new sig!

You might want to change that a tad -- it looks like you're addressing CoW, not quoting.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-10, 12:08 PM #23
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-10, 12:09 PM #24
[http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif]
[http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif]
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-10, 12:15 PM #25
Mech, I can't say that I have a problem with you. Really, I don't have a problem with any massassian, and I think that it's quite frankly pretty ridiculous that people are getting so worked up about this. It's the internet, people, come on.

What happened to the good old days, when massassi was a bright fellowship of internet brethren? Well, things never really quite were like that, but they were closer then than now. Bring back those days, massassi :(
2005-01-10, 12:18 PM #26
To be brutally honest, I've never seen much flaming that I thought was being taken seriously. I also thought it was just jokes but maybe there was more to be taken into account than I had anticipated.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-10, 12:21 PM #27
Honestly.. this EXACT thred was CLOSED last night.. you're just going to have to accept getting flamed, or leave (I know how bad that sounds) but there is NO way to stop someone from posting what they want on the internet.. and starting threds about it won't stop it either, it just makes people wanna do it that much more. I really have no problem with anyone on these forums, so I'd hate to see ANYONE leave, so Mech, just ignore the people you don't like... (waits for thred to be closed)
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-01-10, 12:32 PM #28
[http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif][http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif][http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif]
[http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif][http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/cheese.gif][http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif]
[http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif][http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif][http://www.boomspeed.com/landfish/09.gif]
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-10, 12:44 PM #29
Didn't you..make a thread about leaving awhile ago?

Now you make a thread against people wanting you to leave?

People really care that much?...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-10, 12:51 PM #30
Why can't weee be friends, why can't weee be friends? Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends....there must be other words to that song...

I really was trying to distract them. Actually, first I tried to make peace, THEN I tried to distract them, but it didn't seem to be working. meh. try your best 'cause that's all you can give and all that.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-10, 1:13 PM #31
personally, since mech's return i have not had any issues iwht him, thena gain i visit the forums once a day and skim to the good stuff, and i barely go in the chat. i was surprised this was the same mech that pissed me off so intensely a while ago.

in general tho, to anyone whos reading this thread and feelin peeved about being picked on and people being rude to you.. heres why

if you make people feel uncomfortable in their <i> community</i>
they will return the favour. its good to have that 'i march to the beat of my own drum and dont care what other people think of me' attitude, but you have to respect certain unsaid rules. i mean if you think you are making statements or posting things, or acting in such a manner on this board, that you think is 'refreshing' or 'new' to this board, chances are, its a bit too reformed for our tastes. we're all mellow lazy people. an d the only time we get excited is when we argue, so its all we got. so when we're not arguing, if someones super excited all the time and has a lot of energy (whether htey're trying to be annoyin on purpose, or just be energetic) it gets annoying. its like unleashing a six year old in an old home. i admit it, i dont like it when people are like insanely perky or hyper or spammy. and ill also admit that we can be av ery rude sarcastic bunch. but thats how people are. some are super hyper to the point where its unncessary, and some are super rude to the point where its unncessary.

.........and some of us cant spell but we love you anyway elana :)

so either dont take it personally, or realize that before you point a finger at how we run things here, remember that you cant just come and start shoving your way of ..well life is a general term, but your ways down our throats...we out number you. and you'll notice the longer you stay here, the less conflict you will have with people, or fewer people anyway. you get to understand them. its not a giant melting pot but its just...welll dont try something new and daring unless youre sure you wont look stupid. its a good way to live.

:)
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2005-01-10, 1:22 PM #32
Everything that needs to be said: http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28686
2005-01-10, 1:26 PM #33
MechWarrior: All your posts make you look like you trry to be funny, or impress someone. Why? You were perfectly able to make normal, informative posts in the pasts, maybe it's an idea to remain doing that, instead of being all cool-guy-ish?
2005-01-10, 1:27 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
[insert first post here]

I like you now
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-10, 1:31 PM #35
I dunno.. Sometimes mech seems like a moron, sometimes he seems like a great guy. It's really wierd how his personality changes from thread to thread, sometimes post to post.

*shrug* Your choice though, you leave you leave, you don't you don't.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-10, 1:32 PM #36
This is a very mature reply to a very mature thread. I concur... about the statments that have been...made by...people.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-10, 1:39 PM #37
Landfish, you're awesome.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-10, 2:07 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Oxyonagon
To be brutally honest, I've never seen much flaming that I thought was being taken seriously. I also thought it was just jokes but maybe there was more to be taken into account than I had anticipated.

You win. What flames? I don't get it. What are people getting worked up oveR?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 2:16 PM #39
I can list names. It's a very good list, it's called "The list of people who i'm just looking for a reason to ban". Interestingly, it's always the same people who seem to single out the forum members such as MechWarrior.

They think they're quite clever because they've been here so long that they can dance on the little line between not breaking the rules and breaking the rules. Unfortunately, I just moved the line.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-10, 2:19 PM #40
You can't just say you can list names then not do it.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!