Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → That Heathen Sponge!!!
That Heathen Sponge!!!
2005-01-20, 9:24 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050121/music_nm/life_spongebob_dc

I knew there was something up with all thsoe characters...
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-01-20, 9:31 PM #2
Quote:
SpongeBob, who lives in a pineapple under the sea, was "outed" by the U.S. media in 2002 after reports that the TV show and its merchandise was popular with gays.

WTF?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-20, 9:32 PM #3
I hate this country. Seriously.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-20, 10:27 PM #4
Those guys give Christians like me a really bad freakin name. These are probably the same type of people who protested in front of my local video store with signs like "F*GS WILL GO TO HELL!" type stuff.(if that isn't edited enough, please go ahead and edit that bit, admins and mods).
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-20, 11:14 PM #5
Hahaha, americans are at it again!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-20, 11:17 PM #6
Before someone starts bashings Christians, were not all like this.

In fact, I've been attacked by other Christians for not being Christian enough. Which is probably true.

In the sponge’s case, I've had my suspicious as well, but a protest? I am getting really sick and tired of censorship. Soon we aren’t going to be able to say anything that reflects what we actual believe
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-01-21, 4:14 AM #7
Here we are, with movies of people getting guts pulled out of them, and people are concerned about a tiny hint of gayage in a cartoon. *sigh*
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-21, 4:42 AM #8
Well, Christianity does condemn homosexuality as a sin. You can't really claim it doesn't.

Unless you're going to pick and choose what you want from the Bible. I don't really have any problem with that, but I think it might be difficult to call yourself a 'Christian' without specifying exactly what parts of the Bible you believe and which you don't.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-21, 7:39 AM #9
Okay Spongebob can't be gay this is so stupid... he's a cartoon character for **** sake serriously... he doesn't even have a penis.
2005-01-21, 7:44 AM #10
How would you know? eh? EH?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-01-21, 7:45 AM #11
He has no bulge in the front of his pants... he's square.
2005-01-21, 7:50 AM #12
Spongebob: Closet Case or Squishy Friend?

[http://brainshrub.com/adventurefolder/rainbow2002/Spongebob.JPG]
Hazard a company one process.
2005-01-21, 8:13 AM #13
These people are obviously bored. I suggest that they need something to occupy themselves. Such as savage, rabid, starving dogs dogs that are chasing after them.

"Well, clearly the lightsaber is a phallic symbol meant to... OH GOD HELP ME, MY LEG IS BEING CHEWED OFF, OH THE HUMANITY, SAVE ME!!!! HELP, HELP ME!!!"

Just release the hounds and problem solved.
2005-01-21, 8:16 AM #14
right...has anyone watched the show at all? i mean he has a crush on a female squirrel. how does that make him gay? sure his best friend is a vaguely phallic pink fleshy thing( i know he's a starfish, but really, he looks like a wad of chewing gum comeon)

but its not like they kiss or buttsex or anytihng.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-01-21, 8:31 AM #15
.. on camera
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-21, 8:37 AM #16
Quote:
The wacky square yellow SpongeBob is one of the stars of a music video due to be sent to 61,000 U.S. schools in March. The makers -- the nonprofit We Are Family Foundation -- say the video is designed to encourage tolerance and diversity. But at least two Christian activist groups say the innocent cartoon characters are being exploited to promote the acceptance of homosexuality.

This is ridiculous. The Bible does condemn homosexuality as a sin however all sins being equal in the eyes of the Lord what makes a gay Christian any worse than one of those scamming televangelists?
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-21, 8:41 AM #17
What I want to know is why the hell are we talking about the reilgous ramifications of a cartoon, talking sponge. Anyone? GAH!
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-01-21, 8:45 AM #18
Spongebob Squarepants isn't gay. Tinky Winky is.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-01-21, 8:49 AM #19
Huh? SpongeBob, gay? Barney is obviously the gay one.

And Tinky Winky. Yeah.
2005-01-21, 9:06 AM #20
Yes yes, we've heard this sort of thing before many many times.
Did you know Noddy was attacked for being gay?
Noddy is gay, spongebob is gay, the teletubbies are gay and scary.
I'm gay, your gay... everyones gay!
Oh, and don't deny it, if you do, it just makes you more gay.
But rejoice my fellow homosexual homophobes(oh, didn't I tell you, we're all homophobes too), for being gay is being happy!
Hooray.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-21, 9:19 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
Well, Christianity does condemn homosexuality as a sin. You can't really claim it doesn't.

There's chapters in deuoteronomy that state homosexuality is a sin, it is in the old testement. But you don't see the Jews running out in the street screaming god hates fags.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-01-21, 10:35 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by fishstickz
There's chapters in deuoteronomy that state homosexuality is a sin, it is in the old testement. But you don't see the Jews running out in the street screaming god hates fags.

I dont think I've really seen Jews up in arms about anything... except for Nazis and Palestinians.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-21, 10:48 AM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
WTF?
Quoted to increase WTFage.

I don't get people who think they know the Bible. Confront one of these people about a "lesser" sin, and they'll brush it off. It's all about what they want to see, not about what God sees. All sins are equal in the eyes of God. Small or large, it has the same effect.

I'm reminded of an episode of Family Guy, where Peter's dad says "I just want you all to know that Jesus loves you... but in my eyes, you're a bunch of sinners and slackers."

Am I the only one who thinks that people who judge others' sins are basically elevating their judgement and themselves above God and His judgement?
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-21, 11:06 AM #24
I consider myself a believer in God, and Jesus mainly, but not so much a believer in the Bible. I can't help but think that someone probably added a lot of their own morals to it...

After saying that, I really hate these organizations.
D E A T H
2005-01-21, 11:13 AM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
I consider myself a believer in God, and Jesus mainly, but not so much a believer in the Bible. I can't help but think that someone probably added a lot of their own morals to it...
How can you believe in Jesus but not the Bible when the Bible is what bears record of Jesus? ;)
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-21, 11:27 AM #26
Quote:

After saying that, I really hate these organizations.

Agreed.
(Dogsrool there are other accounts of Jesus than the bible, and much of the bible is just garbage)
2005-01-21, 11:31 AM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
How can you believe in Jesus but not the Bible when the Bible is what bears record of Jesus? ;)

The bible is what the middleman said. Not neccesarily what really happened. I believe that there is God, there is Jesus, but that's about the extent of my beliefs. I don't believe everything's so elaborate, and I don't have any beliefs that I'm held to.
D E A T H
2005-01-21, 11:35 AM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
...and much of the bible is just garbage)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-21, 11:39 AM #29
That picture is dang cool.
2005-01-21, 1:21 PM #30
It is amazing that so much of this **** goes on in a country that was created for religious freedom.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-01-21, 1:25 PM #31
Quote:
The bible is what the middleman said. Not neccesarily what really happened. I believe that there is God, there is Jesus, but that's about the extent of my beliefs. I don't believe everything's so elaborate, and I don't have any beliefs that I'm held to.

Does doesn't say anything. The muslims believe Jesus existed and that he was just a man, not a Savior, or not the son of God.

Are you saying he was just a man or that he was The Son of God/Savior of the world?
All you've said is that you believe "there is Jesus"

I mean...I know a Jesus personally. He's a great guy. We call himi Jesus all the time. (pronounced like this: Hey Zeus)

Sorry to steal the thread I just like clarifying stuff.

And on the same subject, The bible may not be what really happened to some, but The New Testament's first four books are four separate accounts of the events of Jesus life, and they correspond in many many ways. However, as separate documents by separate people go, they all have their own unique stories of his life as well. Some are only in one or two books, some only in one, some in all but one. The point I'm trying ot make... There is a greater liklihood to that aspect of the bible being true because of the multiple sources.

[EDIT] Oh yeah I forgot...this is stupid. Whoever said "not all Christians arel ike this" was right. [EDIT]
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-01-21, 1:42 PM #32
The Bible, for the most part, is a collection of oral stories that were written down after the events happened, so I don't doubt that what's written is completely accurate. That doesn't mean that the text isn't inportant. I think mor weight should be given to the meaning and teachings in the Bible than the word for word telling of what happened.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-21, 2:36 PM #33
I always thought that the Bible ment to condemn the huge orgies that were held back in those days, where people didn't mind in what hole they stuck it. I cannot believe that a God of love would condemn love.
2005-01-21, 2:53 PM #34
Last I checked, the (catholic) church condemned homosexual actions, not homosexuality itself.

[edit] yep, just got a confirmation on that. If a person is gay it's not their fault; if they have those feelings (not deliberately) it's not their fault; if they act on those feelings or purposely bring to mind those fantasies, then the line is crossed and it is considered sin.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-21, 3:18 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Slaw
Last I checked, the (catholic) church condemned homosexual actions, not homosexuality itself.

[edit] yep, just got a confirmation on that. If a person is gay it's not their fault; if they have those feelings (not deliberately) it's not their fault; if they act on those feelings or purposely bring to mind those fantasies, then the line is crossed and it is considered sin.

So... Spongebob's in the clear?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-21, 4:26 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
So... Spongebob's in the clear?

Yup. As is Richard Simmons.

And I believe that Jesus was the Saviour, or whatever you may call that being.
D E A T H
2005-01-21, 4:27 PM #37
Well with this logic who says Jesus isn't gay I mean he did hang out with 12 men for 3 years.
2005-01-21, 4:41 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
Well with this logic who says Jesus isn't gay I mean he did hang out with 12 men for 3 years.

It was over 2000 years ago. Back then, in the middle east, it'd be noted if you were gay. Not to mention he's described as the purest of all men, even if he was only a man.
D E A T H
2005-01-21, 4:56 PM #39
He's being sarcastic. When you look for something hard enough in a writing show or whatever, you will find it. By the logic they use, one could easily make many other wild claims.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-01-21, 5:06 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by BurrBoy
Before someone starts bashings Christians, were not all like this.I am getting really sick and tired of censorship. Soon we aren’t going to be able to say anything that reflects what we actual believe

Granted, I only skimmed the story but I didn't notice anything about the government. I say this because only the government can be guilty of censorship.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!