Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you smoke?
Do you smoke?
2005-01-25, 7:07 PM #1
So, I just got back from enjoying a high quality Padron Anniversary series cigar. They are great. I love cigars. I generally dislike the smoking of anything else, but I'm curious about everyone else's smoking preferences.

So, take it away. What are your views?
>>untie shoes
2005-01-25, 7:09 PM #2
Pot fom time to time and a cigar every now and then. I like the hookas too.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-25, 7:10 PM #3
Hated Cigarettes, smoked weed for a while, and now I've been clean for going on 3 years. I'm proud to say so, though I really don't think it's as dangerous and horrible as the posters make it out to be.

[note: I like how Avenger's title 'matches' mine perfectly.]

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-25, 7:11 PM #4
It would be nice in a situation like this if it were possible to vote for more than one option, but alas it is impossible. So just vote on what you smoke primarily if you smoke more than one thing... And as far as Hookas are concerned... I know that pot can be smoked from them, but what is primarily smoked from them at the "hooka bars" and such?
>>untie shoes
2005-01-25, 7:14 PM #5
I smoke cigs more than pot, but spend 10000x more on pot than cigs. BUT I've just quit all recreational drugs except cigs for an extended period of time to be determined.

I smoke cigs, Camel Filters. I also love hookas, shisha is bomb-*** ****! (dunno if I spelled shisha correctly, but that doesn't make it any less tasty!)
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-25, 7:25 PM #6
lung cancer is bad for your health
Moo.
2005-01-25, 7:27 PM #7
So are foods loaded with saturated fats and excess sugars.

What have you eaten today?
2005-01-25, 7:34 PM #8
Heeb, he's a cow, he eats.... human flesh, obviously.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-25, 7:38 PM #9
Anyone who smokes anything is a dolt in my opinion...not to bash anyone in this thread but I just find it stupid. There are many of other ways to make yourself feel good without damaging your body or risking your or someone elses life.

I mean I have some friends that smoke, they know how stupid it is. I've seen way to many peoples lives get ruined from Pot.

My friend works as a dishkid at a hospital. He is 16, he has people that are 20 - 40 with the same job as him. Why? Because they are all potheads. Most of them will admit it was stupid on there part to smoke pot, the others can't even find there damn feet.

The bar I used to work at, the entire kitchen staff smoked pot. It showed too. They are all slow and clueless. A kid on my bus used to smoke pot...it's his third year as a freshman!

Some pot heads will look back and agree that pot ruined there lives, others will try and argue that pot has been 'proven' to do noting bad. Bullcrap. Pot ruins lives. Smoking ANYTHING ruins lives. Different forms of smoking just ruin your lives in different ways.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-25, 7:46 PM #10
You obviously [sajn] have no clue. It's like saying black people all steal, to say pot ruins lives. It doesn't. Often times, people who smoke pot are in a low finantial situation in the first place. Not to mention, even if they weren't smoking pot; they probably don't care enough about school to begin with. Weed isn't a depressent drug. It's actually a stimulent, so if someone is high they're more likelly to focus on the task at hand. To a fine degree, at that. Not to mention, I seemed to have done better in school back when I was smoking than I am now. It all depends on what kind of a person you are to begin with. Pot certainly isn't GOOD for you, but it's no key to ruining your life. It's more like a habbit of those who have no life.

By the way, it doesn't make you lazy, or dangerous either. Those who are dangerous when smoking pot are dengerous period. The weed, or ANY drug only gets their blood pumping, causing an adreniline rush. And lazy? Weed calms the nerves, literally, and eases the mind, but certainly doesn't take away will to do things. In-fact, those who are high are far more convincable to do physical labor, as they're generally OK with doing things for other people because of the boost of stamina they're getting from the weed.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-25, 7:55 PM #11
We already had a huge pot debate that went nowhere. Rather than recreate it, just search for the "Medical Marijuana" thread and save us all the headache. [just realized it would have been lost...in the vius-attack:eek:]

I have a constitutional right to do what I want to. If it's illegal, I accept that risk and will take responsibility for my actions if need be. I am well aware of the health risks that come with smoking anything.
Like I said in the last thread, kinda:

I smoke cigarettes.
I smoke pot.
I walk away from the bus-stop to smoke.
I hide my cigarette when a wee-one comes by.
I dispose of my butts in proper recepticles.
I don't force my habit upon you, or my second-hand smoke.
Respect my right to do what I want, and I'll respect your right to clean personal air-space.

I know a ton of people who smoke pot and are professionals. My friend is going to cullinary class at North Seattle, and 3/4 of his professors smoke.
One of my ex-g/fs dads is one of the Heads of the Public Resource Dept at M$. He smokes pot.

Pot does not ruin you. Irresponsible use of ANY substance will have bad results.

edited for changing my mind about the debate 4 times in one post...stupid forum crash messing with my mental timeline
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-25, 7:57 PM #12
Most of my friends smoke but surprisingly enough, I don't. Why? Because I hate smoke.
2005-01-25, 7:58 PM #13
I'm not adverse to smoking, but I rarely smoke cigarettes. Just not my cup of tea. Occasionally, I'll have a Black&Mild, and I smoke pipe when it's warm out. I smoke marijuana often, as well, usually in combination with another kind of drug.
:master::master::master:
2005-01-25, 8:03 PM #14
I don't smoke, but I really have nothing against it.
2005-01-25, 8:07 PM #15
Cigarettes: Marlboro reds, the occasional clove
Cigars: Black & Mild all the way
Buds: Purple Haze, occasional Chronic.
2005-01-25, 8:09 PM #16
Never have smoked, have no desire to smoke, and am destined not smoke a single thing.

I don't like smoking, but hey - it's other people's choices, not mine - I won't interfere.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-25, 8:12 PM #17
I smoke nothing. I'll generally have nothing at all to do with people who smoke. And those people I do talk to or hang around that smoke, know that I'll have nothing to do with them while they smoke. I can't stand it at all. Seriously, I have to hold my breath when I walk past anyone who's smoking.

One of the biggest changes in switching from High School to College, was the number of people you see smoking. Literally every other person I pass walking the campus on my way somewhere is smoking. That's quite a bit of me avoiding people as best I can and holding my breath.

bah.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-25, 8:19 PM #18
No. Smoking's disgusting, and prevents me from going out to bars or clubs, because the crap gets in my clothes and makes them stink, destroys my voice, and is just plain unpleasant.
2005-01-25, 8:20 PM #19
Absolutely not.
2005-01-25, 8:36 PM #20
Nah probably never will smoke either. I've got much better things to waste money on- besides it stains the walls and such.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-25, 8:37 PM #21
i smoke cigarettes primarily. Marlboro Milds. pot on the rare occasion i want it/have access to it. i'm glad people are mature about other peoples life choices. :rolleyes:
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-01-25, 8:40 PM #22
I don't smoke anything. After you've held lungs in your bare hands (both smokers and a non-smokers,) you don't look at cigarettes the same anymore (at least I didn't.)
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-25, 8:46 PM #23
I've never smoked, anything, nor will I ever.

I don't like people who smoke, I don't like it.
2005-01-25, 9:10 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Ford
i smoke cigarettes primarily. Marlboro Milds. pot on the rare occasion i want it/have access to it. i'm glad people are mature about other peoples life choices. :rolleyes:

Hey, I;m fine with it unless you do it when I'm around. If I ahve to breathe your smoke in I get pissed.
2005-01-25, 9:31 PM #25
nothing...thank ya very much lol

Laura
2005-01-25, 9:31 PM #26
I never have smoked anything. I have friends who keep offering, but the smell of cigarette smoke and pot disgusts me. I don't have too much a problem with them doing it, just so long as they respect my right to clean air, I'll respect their right to filthy air.

On the converse of that, I really like the smell of unsmoked pipe tobacco for some reason. Maybe when I'm in my 50s/60s, I'll grow a long gray beard and get myself a Gandalf-pipe. :D
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-25, 9:40 PM #27
I don't smoke. I find it hard enough to hang around with people who are smoking. I don't see why I need to get their second hand smoke.

Here in NZ, a new law came in recently, banning smoking in any sort of business establishment (pubs, workplaces, pretty much anywhere) Makes the air a whole lot cleaner. :)
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2005-01-25, 9:43 PM #28
I don't smoke anymore. Used to smoke American Spirit yellow and Marlboro Reds. Once in a while I think, damn, I want a cigarette but have been able to resist it for almost 3 years now. That was one of the main reasons I quit... not so much the potential health problems down the road, but the loss of mental freedom. I could have been thinking of any number of things, but instead my chain of thought had many links related to how many cigarettes I had left, when I would get a break to smoke, etc.

Cigars I tried a couple times but it always smelled horrible afterwards. Pot... well, I'm sure there are lots of decent people out there somewhere that smoke it, but frankly all my personal experience has been with some pretty lousy people. I haven't smoked it personally, nor done anything harder.

Of course, left to my own devices my sleep schedule goes to 36 hours awake and 14-18 asleep, and sleep deprivation can have some crazy symptoms, if you want to count that as, if not a drug, some sort of addiction. But that's getting further off track.
2005-01-25, 9:45 PM #29
I hate smoking of all kinds. If you smoke, I'll have a much lower opinion of you, but as long as you and your money-burner of choice stay down wind of me I don't mind too much.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-01-25, 9:48 PM #30
Cigarettes -> Never. Can't see the point of it at all, it's just burning money.
Cigars -> Tried it once, it was decent, wouldn't actively seek it out.
Marijuana -> Have tried it a couple times, never got high, will attempt to get high at least once, wouldn't actively seek it out.
2005-01-25, 10:18 PM #31
I voted for cigarettes becuase I used to smoke them. Sometime last year my girlfriend talked me into trying them, and I started to smoke for a while. I "smoked" for about 2-2.5 months, but then again I only used up two and a half packs during that time, so it wasn't hard at all for me to quit.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2005-01-25, 10:34 PM #32
I'm not voting, because it's impossible for me to select on accurately. I started smoking cigarettes when I was 17, quit this past November. (21 now.) I started smoking weed when I was 17. I still do, just not to the extremes I used to (I drink now, since I'm 21). I've smoked cigars. I still smoke cigarettes occasionally. Usually when I;m drunk/high around people that are smoking. Usually when I'm out with the band I work for I smoke a little more than half a pack (a pack is 20 cigarettes) but I have no urge to smoke them when I'm not around smokers. Once a smoker, always a smoker. People that call smokers "dolts" are just as guilty as being "dolts" as the smokers. If you haven't tried it, you have NO RIGHT to criticize the people that smoke. Sure, there are some *******s that don't move away when they're smoking. I do. Most people I know do. It's our god-given right to decide what we do to our bodies. Just because "wah, my grandpa died from lung cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!" doesn't mean you have a right to condemn other smokers. Guess what, your grandpappy smoked too much because he couldn't control himself. ANYTHING is bad without moderation. Grow the hell up and try becoming informed (actually experiencing, because hearing from a second hand source is NOT knowing) before forming an opinion. Non smokers like you make me sick, even though I quit smoking almost 3 months ago.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-01-25, 11:38 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Anyone who smokes anything is a dolt in my opinion...not to bash anyone in this thread but I just find it stupid. There are many of other ways to make yourself feel good without damaging your body or risking your or someone elses life.

I mean I have some friends that smoke, they know how stupid it is. I've seen way to many peoples lives get ruined from Pot.

My friend works as a dishkid at a hospital. He is 16, he has people that are 20 - 40 with the same job as him. Why? Because they are all potheads. Most of them will admit it was stupid on there part to smoke pot, the others can't even find there damn feet.

The bar I used to work at, the entire kitchen staff smoked pot. It showed too. They are all slow and clueless. A kid on my bus used to smoke pot...it's his third year as a freshman!

Some pot heads will look back and agree that pot ruined there lives, others will try and argue that pot has been 'proven' to do noting bad. Bullcrap. Pot ruins lives. Smoking ANYTHING ruins lives. Different forms of smoking just ruin your lives in different ways.

Why do you feel the need to preach?

Have you ever though about the possibility that you are extreeeemely judgemental...

As for smoking I like Swisher Sweets and Captain Blacks...Don't smoke cigarettes though.
2005-01-25, 11:49 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Why do you feel the need to preach?

Have you ever though about the possibility that you are extreeeemely judgemental...

As for smoking I like Swisher Sweets and Captain Blacks...Don't smoke cigarettes though.

He's not really that far from the truth though, a lot of potheads are complete burnouts/scumbags because all they do/care about is smoking weed. They work for pot money. That's it. They'll probably all have the same jobs 10 years from now.

I don't smoke, drink, and I'm a virgin. Feel free to insult me.
2005-01-26, 12:23 AM #35
That's because he's only associating pot with burned out pot heads. Plenty of people who smoke pot are not those people he described.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-26, 2:13 AM #36
Nothing, ever. I think it's not my business if somebody wants to invest his money in such stuff. But it makes me really angry sometimes that I cannot keep my balcony door open during summer time when the cancerous stinky tobacco smoke from elsewhere creeps in... Man, I have lost count how many times I have planned futile means of revenge in my mind...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-26, 3:15 AM #37
Nothing, really .
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-26, 3:34 AM #38
Quote:
That's because he's only associating pot with burned out pot heads. Plenty of people who smoke pot are not those people he described.

Associating pot with all the people I've ever known that did pot.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-26, 4:31 AM #39
Quote:

Yeah, there are mainly two different kinds of potheads.
You have those "loser" teenagers who smoke bud just for the feeling of the high, or in a more relevant term, "Let's get f***ed up man!". And the majority of their personal lives consist of when the next time they're going to get "f***ed up". You probobly all known them or seen them, but it really puts a bad picture on the rest of us.

On the other hand, you have the more intellectual, introspective, pot smokers, who use the plant for it's mind expanding capabilities. People like this often instead of being "low lifes" instead may write music, go on a hike, read a book, meditate, draw, a whole realm of possabilities. Myself, been safely smoking for almost 4 years, and have done my fair share of acid and salvia. I can, and so can my non-smoking friends, can all vouch that I'm a different person since I've started smoking, for the better. I am more creative than I ever was, as well as more open minded, more interested in life, as well as school. I went from having no intention at all to go to college before I started smoking, to wanting to persue a career in English/Philosophy, or in neuroscience,possibily trying to get a doctorate in either.

Oh, and pot doesn't have to be "bad" for you, vaporizers do wonders, without any smoke! nor most cancerous chemicals!
2005-01-26, 4:56 AM #40
Quote:

Nearly half of my school smokes pot. They're not ALL losers...

And preaching about the heath risks is useless. As so many have said before, we can do whatever the hell we want to to our own body.

I could sit here and say that my grandfather died of testicular cancer, and he ate alot of tunafish. That wouldn't mean that I'm going to avoid eating tunafish if I really like it.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!