Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Okay.... so you're gay..
Okay.... so you're gay..
2004-04-28, 10:32 AM #81
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Yes, my example of rape is more severe than I feel homosexuality to be. But .. so what? I never implied it to be equal in severity.</font>

BS. The point of an analogy is to imply something. Your analogy is no different in some twisted way than comparing the Jewish Holocaust with eating KFC.

-Fox
2004-04-28, 10:39 AM #82
And you misunderstood the intended implication of his analogy.

------------------
Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.

-R.D. Laing

[This message has been edited by Wolfy (edited April 28, 2004).]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-04-28, 10:44 AM #83
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Firefox:
BS. The point of an analogy is to imply something. Your analogy is no different in some twisted way than comparing the Jewish Holocaust with eating KFC.

-Fox
</font>

Both are disgusting!

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-04-28, 10:51 AM #84
Okay, dude, it doesn't take rocket science.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It's like restraining yourself from that guy who raped your sister. You don't really like what happened, but you're still tolerant.</font>

The first sentence is the analogy. The second is an explanation of the analogy. Wolfy is correct. The second sentence is my intended implication, not the severity of my first.

Now.. can we stop arguing about nothing? Please?

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-04-28, 1:26 PM #85
I think it's funny how people get so worked up about what other people do with themselves, and for themselves. I honestly don't think 2 gay people kiss simply for everyone else to question their morals. I don't think lesbian couples sit and ponder how they're going to upset those people who disagree with homosexuality in general... so why do some people tend to bring attention to it, and make actions to stop something that has absolutelly nothing to do with you?

I don't think homosexuality is natural. At all. It can't be. Males and Females are built in junction with eachother so that they can reproduce. But what is normal, is love. No one ever said you had to love who you reproduce with, that's just some social ethic humans have developed. Some animals reproduce with their offspring, and I'll bet it wasn't because they felt emotionally atracted to their children, it's just reproduction. But love? You can love anyone you want, as far as I'm conserned. We have a hard enough time finding people who love in this world, why make that something even harder to do?

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-04-28, 1:30 PM #86
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And you misunderstood the intended implication of his analogy.</font>

And you misunderstood what I said. I said that Freelancer's analogy was in very poor taste.

-Fox
2004-04-28, 1:51 PM #87
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyn:

Indeed.
Some people are gay, some people are not. It's not worth getting worked up over - get on with your life, and let them get on with theirs. I'm sure I've heard Jon'C or Jaiph say around here before, "Tolerance people, tolerance".

I don't think a truer word's been spoken.

</font>

And I agree. But simply because you tolerate something doesn't mean you have to agree with it.
I, personally, think homosexuality is sinful and a choice. However, it's not my place to try and change other people's viewpoints so that they agree with mine. I'll tolerate you, but in turn, you tolerate me.
[/QUOTE

what wolfy says above is a good point, Regardless of if you think it's sinful or wrong or a choice, it's none of your business and should not try and push your beleifs on others, it leads to bad things.

What they do behind closed doors is of no concern to me. why? cause I don't have to know, I don't want to know. Do i want everyone to proudly know that if i have a girlfriend i'm making love to her in the privacy of my room? possibly as bragging rights to friends, but the rest of the world is on a need to know basis, and they really don't need to know.

humans are natuarly a curious species, this also leads to bad things, refer to the old saying about caurosity killing the cat.

IMO, if thats how they want to live their life, live it. I'm straight, how do I know? because I just do, gays, bi's and lesbians are all a part of the human race and if we can (for the most part) get over old grudges like racism agaist many diffrent cultures and accept them why can we not with gays?

If a favorite sports star, actor or anyone famous came out of the closet, would to loose interest? would you stop supporting the person who gave you hours of enjoyment just because of something they do thats NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS?

really now...Keep your opinions to yourself and keep your ideas to yourself, being hateful to someone will make others be hateful even though they know not why, this will start to spread and lead to more hate. I know it's kinda a big generalization and I'm gonna get flamed for this... but take hitler.

Hear me out, the tension was building with the jews ion germany for some time, but they were still accepted and they lived side by side, hitler came to power and his hate for the jews spread to people who were neighbors and friends to jews, people were hateing people for no real reason, but because they thought it was right.

Just because you think something is dirty, wrong and sinful does not make it so, except in your own mind.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited April 28, 2004).]
The Gas Station
2004-04-28, 2:38 PM #88
Quote:
And you misunderstood what I said. I said that Freelancer's analogy was in very poor taste.

-Fox
</font>

No, you accused him of equating homosexuality to rape. You said that the two had absolutely nothing in common. You did not state anything about how the quality of the analogy with respect to taste.

------------------
Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.

-R.D. Laing
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-04-28, 2:43 PM #89
ugh, firefox, get over yourself. Everyone understood what he was saying but you. Stop pick pick pick picking at every little bit of grammar and thought that comes across your eyes and use a little common sense. Of course he's not trying to equate homsexuality with rape, he is trying to show you a certain mindset and using rape was the best way to do it. There were no ulterior motives.

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-04-28, 2:46 PM #90
Grant, I agree with you, but people don't have to accept a certain group of people if they don't want to. It's when you stop tolerating them and hurting people that things go bad.

------------------
2004-04-28, 3:01 PM #91
What I want to know is how homosexual insects survive better (Source: Mort-Hog's post)
2004-04-28, 3:33 PM #92
One queen, thousands of ants. They gotta hump something. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-04-28, 3:35 PM #93
OMG someone post some Ant pron.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-04-28, 3:35 PM #94
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You did not state anything about how the quality of the analogy with respect to taste.</font>

Quote:
Perhaps you could use a more relevant analogy?</font>

I said I preferred he use a different analogy, instead of the twisted one he had used.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Stop pick pick pick picking at every little bit of grammar and thought that comes across your eyes and use a little common sense.</font>

I am, and what I saw in his "analogy" was a gaudy attempt to compare the immorality of sexual violence with homosexuality.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">using rape was the best way to do it.</font>

Why?
2004-04-28, 4:23 PM #95
Oh man, is Ubuu going to have to choke some *****es?

And, listen to Kirby, he is gay/bi/whatever.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-04-28, 4:57 PM #96
How about I settle the whole thing.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2004-04-28, 5:07 PM #97
Even if they are wrong.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.
2004-04-28, 5:47 PM #98
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why?
</font>
You know what, you're right on one thing. there are better examples he could of used(because of social and legal differences between the two, not because it was "gaudy" or "inappropriate" or "in poor taste")

But I will try to get his point across. Assume rape was recently legalized. If you knew someone was a rapist, would you attack and abuse them(physically, verbally, etc etc)? Hopefully not. But you still think what they do is just plain wrong, don't you? You would be tolerant of that rapist, though you detest what he does.

And on the issue of comparing the immorality of the two: of course they won't be the same. And the reason is because one is more accepted by society and one isn't, one is illegal and one isn't and that influences his feelings on them.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited April 28, 2004).]
2004-04-28, 5:57 PM #99
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
OMG someone post some Ant pron.

</font>

i would but i'd rather not search for an image... i'm afraid of what might come up in my search

oh and...

/me brings out the nuke-o-matic 5000 and places his finger next to the "on" switch

DON'T MAKE ME USE IT!

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-04-28, 6:36 PM #100
Kieran, thank you. You're the only one making any sense around here. Firefox, *QUIT* reading into things that aren't there. PLEASE. It isn't twisted. I have no motives. I'm just trying to say that I can be tolerant and feel homosexuality is wrong at the same time, alright? That's all. That's all I'm trying to say. That's all. Nothing else. Nothing.

Nothing.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-04-28, 6:40 PM #101
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
And what exactly is your opinion based on? Homosexuality is not contagious.

</font>

it was nuaree that thought that homosexuality was contageous.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-04-28, 6:51 PM #102
I am not gonna say anything because of what happened in the last thread on gays.
+1 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
2004-04-28, 7:14 PM #103
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:

</font>

OH GOD I'M INFECTED! Keep away from me... oh God!

*falls on the ground*

Run you fools I've caught homosexuality... run save yourselves... run...............

*passes out on floor*

------------------
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

2004-04-28, 7:19 PM #104
homosexuality isn't contagious

but stupidity is

/me throws some stupidity into the climate control system

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-04-28, 7:29 PM #105
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:

</font>

I know, but he said that being exposed to homosexuality would increase the chance of a person "becoming gay" or something along those line, which is like say that gay can rub off on people

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-28, 8:26 PM #106
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:

And on the issue of comparing the immorality of the two: of course they won't be the same. And the reason is because one is more accepted by society and one isn't, one is illegal and one isn't and that influences his feelings on them.

</font>

I have asked this once before, do you think that rape victims ... somehow agreed to being raped or "unconsciously" invited it?

I mean, maybe infringement of basic human rights is a peccadillo for you and thus you don't mention it

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon

[This message has been edited by Molgrew (edited April 28, 2004).]
2004-04-29, 12:25 AM #107
Dear Christ! Rape is a violent crime committed against an unwilling victim! Homosexuality, whether you like it or not, is between consenting adults... there is no comparison. It's like saying "How would you feel if murder were legalised? I feel the same way about people who play Monopoly."

HINT:

Playing Monopoly and Hot Gay Sex have the following in common; it is consensual and can be walked away from, especially if they've damn well gotten another hotel on Park Lane!

Rape and Murder have the following in common; it is a violent crime that is not consensual and has a victim.
2004-04-29, 2:23 AM #108
I would hardly compare homosexuallity and murder I mean both are messy but hardly the same.

------------------

2004-04-29, 2:59 AM #109
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But I will try to get his point across. Assume rape was recently legalized. If you knew someone was a rapist, would you attack and abuse them(physically, verbally, etc etc)? Hopefully not. But you still think what they do is just plain wrong, don't you? You would be tolerant of that rapist, though you detest what he does.</font>

... So what you're saying is that my sense of morality is based on what is and isn't illegal at a given time? If rape were legalized tomorrow, I would still be against it, because it's an act of violence against a person who has not given consent. Homosexuality is not.

Yes, pick a better analogy, Freelancer.

-Fox

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited April 29, 2004).]
2004-04-29, 4:01 AM #110
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
Monopoly and Hot Gay Sex have the following in common; it is consensual and can be walked away from</font>

I beleive they're also both board games from Hasbro.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-29, 4:06 AM #111
Didn't the Parker Brothers make Monopoly? Or does Hasbro own them, now?

Damn Corporations...
2004-04-29, 5:47 AM #112
Hasbo monopolized Monopoly. Oh, how appropriate.

Quote:
I said I preferred he use a different analogy, instead of the twisted one he had used.</font>

Relevance doesn't equate good or bad taste. Granted, it was a poor analogy, as one is a punishable crime and one is not, but his point was that it's possible to tolerate someone who does something you think is wrong. But you're doing a wonderful job of missing that point so far.

------------------

-R.D. Laing

[This message has been edited by Wolfy (edited April 29, 2004).]
2004-04-29, 6:39 AM #113
And why don't you take a ****ing leap off a cliff?

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-04-29, 6:39 AM #114
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
one does not choose to be gay... you can't just one day wake up and say "i think i'll be gay from now on"
</font>

Actually, that's not true. I know a number of people that did just that. I can also provide you with short stories written by people who did just that.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
And what exactly is your opinion based on? Homosexuality is not contagious.</font>

In a round-about-way it is. These gay parades tend to get people curious and many times that go out and experiment with it. And, unfortunately, in many of those cases they then decide to change their lifestyle to catter to it. Even more unfortunate is that often times these are kids between the ages of 15-22. Kids who haven't fully matured mentally and are easily pursuaded by new ideas.

Anyhow, just as how gay parades are used to promote their lifestyle, I will use this thread to promote my life style. If they want to be homosexual and what not, fine. But don't be out promoting it using mass media where the young are exposed to it. If the young decide later down to follow that path, then so be it. But their minds haven't matured to the point where they make that choice under their own reasoning power (uneffected by outside influences).

------------------
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
2004-04-29, 6:52 AM #115
Hmm, interesting how this hasn't turned into an ALL OUT flame war yet. Although I personally think homosexuality is a sin, I don't go pushing that around people. I even have a few homo relatives and I don't go around telling them they're gonna burn in hell for it.

Grant, I agree with you pretty much.

And Freelancer, Wolfy,and Fox, just can it for now. The only thing you guys are doing is just effectivly pissing each other off. Personally, I'm impressed this topic has made it this far without being close. Let's try to remain civil and keep it open for a while longer.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-04-29, 6:54 AM #116
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CaptBewil:
But their minds haven't matured to the point where they make that choice under their own reasoning power (uneffected by outside influences).</font>

1) People develope at extremely different rates, both mentally and physically.
2) So if I'm 15, it's within my reasoning to chose to go down on a girl, but outside my reasoning to chose to go down on a guy? If I find them both attractive and it's all consensual and whatnot, what's the freaken difference?
3) Experimentation starts to take place at a very young age. Kids learn through observation. A lot of people are a little crazy in their teenage years and try things they'd never consider doing later in life, what's wrong with a little experimentation? You dont know for yourself until you've tried it.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-29, 7:01 AM #117
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
And Freelancer, Wolfy,and Fox, just can it for now. The only thing you guys are doing is just effectivly pissing each other off. Personally, I'm impressed this topic has made it this far without being close. Let's try to remain civil and keep it open for a while longer.</font>

Er? I thought my posts were rather civil.

------------------

-R.D. Laing
2004-04-29, 10:43 AM #118
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CaptBewil:

Actually, that's not true. I know a number of people that did just that. I can also provide you with short stories written by people who did just that.
</font>

They were probably bisexual, or going through puberty when a person's sexual orientation can change frequently and uncontrollably (so I have read).

------------------
MadQuack has a signature.
I'm just a little boy.
2004-04-29, 12:51 PM #119
There are certain things that can turn a person gay for sure, such as being raped and feeling a mistrust for a member of the opposite sex might turn them to comfort from the same sex, but Gay pride parades don't turn people gay.

If they experiment and find they enjoy being with men more then women, they would have discovered it later on either way, thats how they are.

I firmly beleive that only in certain circumstances can someone "turn" gay, and usualy it involves something tramatic with the oppsing sex, You are straight because you feel the need to reproduce with a woman... how do you know that being gay is a choice?

don't judge a book by it's cover or judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. What i'm trying to say here i guess is that.... You don't know anything about gay, being gay, or anything like that, I don't pretend to either, I've never met someone who I knew was gay but i've heard stories from people such as one of my teachers who was friends with a gay man, she learned a thing or two from him, for one, she learned that being with another gay person is just as romantic and loving as a heterosexual couple(sp?), and not all gay sex is anal intercourse.

Gay men and women take their relationships just as seriously or even more then straight folk and make it romantic. I'm not trying to change your mind about gays, just opening your eyes a little, beyond the fact they have sex with other members of the same sex does not mean they are anyless human, and they certanily ARE human.

There one day will be a time I can forsee where we will accept gays as normal in society and they will mingle and be around others free of or subject to little persecution. EVERY single ethnic group has been persecuted at one point or another, Black men and children were used as slaves, Jews were once almost wiped out of europe and even the christian faith many of you cling to as your guide to condeming gays were persucuted for their beleif in "one god"

the point here is, again, keep your opinions to yourself and don't worry if your neighbour is gay, it's none of your businees what he does behind closed doors.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited April 29, 2004).]
The Gas Station
2004-04-29, 1:01 PM #120
Keep our opinion's to ourselves? So only you're allowed to talk, eh chief?

↑ Up to the top!