Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Down
Down
2005-09-19, 9:40 PM #1
Something crashed MySQL, and it couldn't start back up because of a bug in the config file (introduced by a MySQL upgrade a while ago). Sucky, I don't have access to the server from work. I need to fix that.
2005-09-19, 9:41 PM #2
a guy named heretik apparently got pissed and DDoS'd us. I wasn't around when it happened. Perhaps someone should start a thread in the admin forum about this =/
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-09-19, 9:41 PM #3
Supposedly ReT exploited a flaw in 3.0.7. I'll email you the exploit if interested.
2005-09-19, 9:42 PM #4
in other news: huzzah! forums are back. commence rejoicing.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-09-19, 9:44 PM #5
Well if it's a flaw in 3.0.7 it looks like I have no choice but to pay the upgrade fee again. Isn't he the guy that owns narshaddaa.net or whatever? Half the time he is a nice guy and the other half the time he is trying to hack everything :mad:
2005-09-19, 9:45 PM #6
Brian: read my post in the staff forums first.
2005-09-19, 9:54 PM #7
Huzzah for the forums!!! I was having withdrawls!
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-09-19, 10:41 PM #8
What am I going to do with all this blood on my wrists. Dammit! Dammit!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-19, 10:55 PM #9
Originally posted by Echoman:
What am I going to do with all this blood on my wrists. Dammit! Dammit!

If you are still able to write, you don't need to do anything...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-09-20, 4:36 AM #10
cant people get the authorities involved for hacking and stuff?
2005-09-20, 4:43 AM #11
I believe mb sent a message off to ReT's ISP about it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-09-20, 5:14 AM #12
That script kiddie.
2005-09-20, 6:07 AM #13
Originally posted by Anovis:
That script kiddie.

That's all he really did. Downloaded an exploit and ran it. Hardcore stuff there :rolleyes:
2005-09-20, 6:10 AM #14
Oh I know.

Do I get points for egging him on?
2005-09-20, 8:45 AM #15
Originally posted by Rob:
Oh I know.

Do I get points for egging him on?

You get 1000 points.

Of course, just like on Whose line, the points mean nothing, so take that as you will.
2005-09-20, 9:00 AM #16
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Of course, just like on Whose line, the points mean nothing[/QUOTE]

Like a micorphone at a Brittney Spears concert?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-09-20, 9:04 AM #17
I guess it must've taken a long time to convert all the script into 1337 speak though.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-09-20, 11:26 AM #18
Originally posted by Spork:

<3
2005-09-20, 11:38 AM #19
Originally posted by Spork:

No, like shampoo in Colin's shower.
2005-09-20, 1:35 PM #20
odd, i talk to him online he always seemed a decent enough blokey bloke.

I assume he's banned?

And thank Goddess for forums being restored
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-09-20, 1:38 PM #21
It's burping!

Quote:
[Ano|sleep] forums = down again?
* Ano|sleep is now known as Anovis
* Retrieving #massassi modes...
«+Rob» Yeah.
«+Rob» What the hell.
* Anovis reaches for his wrist-knife.
«@The_MAZZTer» they work for me
[Anovis] Hey they work now!
* Anovis sets the knife down.
«+Rob» Hmm.
«+Rob» Guess the script kiddie failed.
2005-09-20, 1:38 PM #22
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]No, like shampoo in Colin's shower.[/QUOTE]

Ow.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-09-20, 1:38 PM #23
I hear this is the second time ReT brought the forums down.

In other news, #jk decided to declare war on #massassi shortly after, and no holonet ircops were around (as usual). So I got to kickban a bunch of losers. It was fun. :D Especially once I remembered how to /mode #massassi +b ~c:#jk

BTW this is the same ReT that attacked Holonet with a botnet and was glined. Apparantly the ircops didn't care enough to enforce it cause he was back soon after. He probably used a proxy... I would have reported him but the ircops are never around...

2005-09-20, 1:52 PM #24
i was startin to blame myself for what happened to the forums..... because of that little worm/virus/spyware/whatever problem i had (yes.... the one i posted about in the tech forums not long ago)......

im just glad that it wasn't me that somehow screwed massassi forums >_<
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2005-09-20, 2:02 PM #25
Well, it looks like someone doesn't have anything better to do other than DoS us yet again. I'm taking three guesses who it is and the first two don't count.

[Edit: Of course as soon as I post this it stops.]

2005-09-20, 2:05 PM #26
Meh party go out 'er ya 'n find yah a witchy-snithchy-heretik if 'ya please be, meh lord. Shal' go long 'n captur' teh evildoer 'n the evil slow-spell be gone wit' ya. Should be it so? Be mighty pleased wit' meh party, might even get us an axe for courage. 'Cuz we all know there ain't many problems that a good axe can't solve, right meh lord? Haha.
2005-09-20, 2:37 PM #27
yay! forums are flicking on and off!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-09-20, 2:37 PM #28
*gasp for air*

M-must...

post...

cannot refresh....

any...

longer....
2005-09-20, 2:39 PM #29
Well this sucks.

Cant you just IP ban the guy from the entire site?

Deny from ip

:p
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-09-20, 3:03 PM #30
ReT? I never thought he was the one who did these things... he's only 15, and seems nice enough, why would he just hack us?
DO NOT WANT.
2005-09-20, 7:04 PM #31
Why would ReT Dos the site? He made the JK dedicated server (which provided many hours of fun to me this past summer, until the SBX games got all buggy) , and he always seemed pretty cool to me.

Are you sure it was malicious? Maybe he was trying to bring attention to an exploit that needed to be fixed. (granted, he picked a poor way of bringing Brian's attention to it by actually using the exploit, but still...)
2005-09-20, 7:06 PM #32
Originally posted by Zell:
why would he just hack us?

Because he thinks he's some "leet hax0r" and is a pubescant attention whore. He would frequently spam #JKHub, get banned and keep returning with proxies. Once I just banned *@* to make him stop.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-09-20, 7:23 PM #33
Originally posted by Emon:
Because he thinks he's some "leet hax0r" and is a pubescant attention whore. He would frequently spam #JKHub, get banned and keep returning with proxies. Once I just banned *@* to make him stop.

Yeah, we had a lot of issues with him. I'm not too quick on the banning and kicking, so I had to call in re-enforcements [emon] to deal with him.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-20, 7:30 PM #34
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Are you sure it was malicious? Maybe he was trying to bring attention to an exploit that needed to be fixed. (granted, he picked a poor way of bringing Brian's attention to it by actually using the exploit, but still...)

That's a pretty piss poor way of telling about an exploit.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-20, 7:34 PM #35
It was malicious.

Banning the IP from the site wouldn't achieve much, the server still has to acknowledge and then deny the requests so it'll still get hammered by a DoS attack.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-09-20, 7:47 PM #36
Wouldn't just dropping the packets provide significant performance increase? But then I guess it was an exploit that has been fixed so...
2005-09-20, 9:03 PM #37
You know you are pathetic when you hack a stagnant forum that was originally made for a now ancient game. At this point even normal nerds would beat the crap out of you and take your lunch money.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-09-20, 9:41 PM #38
MBeggar knows his hometown. There has to be at least one Massassian near him. Who wants to go beat him up?
2005-09-21, 1:07 AM #39
Originally posted by Detty:
Banning the IP from the site wouldn't achieve much, the server still has to acknowledge and then deny the requests so it'll still get hammered by a DoS attack.

We can usually talk with our hoster to "drop" (I don't know the real term or what is really done) the packages on their routers. That usually works.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-09-21, 2:52 AM #40
I don't understand. I've never had any problems with ReT... I know he's a hacker of sorts, and I know he used to spam Nar (on the old gaming zone), but I thought he'd gotten over that kind of behaviour. I didn't know he was into hacking websites. (Or whatever he did)

It's pretty sad he's doing this, after all he's one of the guys (the other being JKServer) who gave us the dedicated JK server... I play there a few days per week, my entire clan does. From what I know, he loves JK... I don't understand why he's doing this to a community like this... :(

I heard he did it because he got upset about something. He must have a really bad temper, I guess. Not a good excuse, if you ask me.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I

↑ Up to the top!