Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So, about DoD:Source....
So, about DoD:Source....
2005-09-28, 9:51 AM #81
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
they're called VIDEOgames. when you play, it is the sights and sounds that you perceive, not the formula that the game runs by. considering this, wanting a game to look and sound good is hardly superficial.

and that's not even touching on the fact that dod:s is improved upon the original in other ways (balance issues, new content, better flow, and general atmosphere, to name some)

no one's making you play dod:s if you'd prefer to play the original, so don't start *****ing at us about how you don't want to. we do, and we'd prefer to discuss the new version that we're excited about instead of listen to people ***** and moan about how they don't like it. if you don't like it, don't play it, and go back to the original. no one's stopping you, and no one will think poorly of you for doing so, but don't start dissing the game that we like just because you don't want to play it.

OMFG q.f.t!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-28, 10:47 AM #82
Quote:
More responsive? More like, runs like **** on anything but the newest dual-card dual-core SLI GeForce 7600 cards.

I run @ 1680x 1050 all setting on high, no HDR or Bloom 2x AA, and I get 60fps avarage.
2005-09-28, 12:31 PM #83
In dod:S can you pick up barrels and bottles and stuff and walk around with them (like in HL2 sp)????
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2005-09-28, 12:46 PM #84
Originally posted by F-Body:
In dod:S can you pick up barrels and bottles and stuff and walk around with them (like in HL2 sp)????

no, but pressing the use key will push them forward, but for some of the bigger things like cabinets you need more than one person to push it over

omg, you can set up MGs on movable objects
Moo.
2005-09-28, 1:50 PM #85
ait a sec... you mean you can barricade doors and make your own non prone MG position? DUDE!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-09-28, 1:55 PM #86
That right there ****ing rocks big time.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-28, 5:00 PM #87
Lets get a game going!!!
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?p=550146#post550146
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-09-28, 6:46 PM #88
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
ait a sec... you mean you can barricade doors and make your own non prone MG position? DUDE!

OMG!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-09-28, 6:48 PM #89
Originally posted by SavageX378:
OMG!

I've seen movies of questionable nature end in about that same facial expression...
</sarcasm>
2005-09-28, 8:05 PM #90
Oh Yeah! When I played DoD:Source on Monday I couldn't get it to run at any descent framerate. I ended up changing everything except the filtering. Today when I finally changed from Trilinear to Bilinear the FPS went up by about 20. The game is playable with everything else set at normal levels! :D :D :D
Oh, and being able to push stuff around and set up your MG on moveable items rocks!
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-09-28, 8:09 PM #91
Yeah. That's going to make the maps far more interesting.
Pissed Off?
2005-09-28, 8:25 PM #92
BTW, has any notice how at the end of a round, the winning team can still use their guns but the losing team can't? I find that funny because it allows the winners to gunned down the losers while the winning music is playing. It really makes losing a *****, lol
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-09-28, 8:29 PM #93
Originally posted by SavageX378:
BTW, has any notice how at the end of a round, the winning team can still use their guns but the losing team can't? I find that funny because it allows the winners to gunned down the losers while the winning music is playing. It really makes losing a *****, lol

truth
I do it when I win, and ***** about it when I lose hehehe
so how about a game...
</sarcasm>

↑ Up to the top!