Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Britstorm radio returning? You decide! (Massassi Web Radio?)
Britstorm radio returning? You decide! (Massassi Web Radio?)
2005-10-01, 3:30 PM #41
I think we should just have a variety of shows focusing on one topic.

Is this just going to be for the Massassians or are we going to try and branch out to other people?
2005-10-01, 4:03 PM #42
We could have Massassi Music!

Umm there's a sweary word in there.
2005-10-01, 4:04 PM #43
Yeah.. not found on the server.
2005-10-01, 4:05 PM #44
That's what you get for clicking the link like five seconds after I post it, before I even get a chance to upload the song. :p

Should work now, perv boy.
2005-10-01, 4:24 PM #45
Originally posted by BurrBoy:
Once I get a mic, it would be great fun to host, or better yet, cohost (so I don't have to talk so much).

AN idea would be to have a tech show every now and then where the main host would pretty much be one person (Like DjYoshi) and anytime someone else is available, and feels like cohosting, they can join up. That way, some times it may just be Yoshi, but sometimes there might be 5 + people on the same show. It would be entertaining to listen to (and maybe be a part of).

The tech show is something I was thinking about... I think Yosh and I could pull it off nicely. Perhaps even make a website JUST for the show. :)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-10-01, 4:53 PM #46
I don't have great bandwidth, otherwise I'd be all for it.

Podcasting would rock for this reason.. :P
2005-10-01, 4:56 PM #47
omgpickme

SoaD Time with SAJN LAWL
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-01, 4:59 PM #48
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]SoaD Time with SAJN LAWL[/QUOTE]

No. SoaD only has 4 cd's, so I'm sure that everyone would get tired of listening to the same song list every time. Plus, if they like SoaD, I'm certain they'd have the CD's anyway.

I'd listen to it occasionally if we do it.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-01, 5:02 PM #49
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]omgpickme

SoaD Time with SAJN LAWL[/QUOTE]
I thought this was exactly what would want to be avoided?
OMG SAJN RULES SOO MUCH SOAD FOREVAR LOLOLOLOLOLBOOBSAHSDKFHSDJF

HEY I'm just playin ;)
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-01, 5:03 PM #50
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:
I have a vast collection ofEPIC metal like Nightwish, Dragonforce, Rhapsody, etc etc that I could play.

Marry me.
幻術
2005-10-01, 5:43 PM #51
Originally posted by Yecti:
The tech show is something I was thinking about... I think Yosh and I could pull it off nicely. Perhaps even make a website JUST for the show. :)

As a requirement, you must have me on there. Or I will melt your face off.
2005-10-01, 6:05 PM #52
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I can start getting a lot of free trance if I started looking hard enough (good for late at night).[/QUOTE]
http://www.djmixes2k.com/index2.php

Free Trance. New sets are around for about a week I think before they're cycled out.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-10-01, 8:45 PM #53
Everyones ignorning the phat beat me and my main man Thrawn Numbarz made?
Dont be hatin

:p
2005-10-01, 9:02 PM #54
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
http://www.djmixes2k.com/index2.php

Free Trance. New sets are around for about a week I think before they're cycled out.

I'm talking about quality free trance/techno/dnb from artists I know are quality or that...I just know.

I think me and Yecti could do a tech show very well, we'd just have to spend some time planning it. Twit-like would be a good idea, since we could expose massassi to news, especially those who don't frequent engadget/hardgaming/TWiT. I think we could have a massassian problem of the week that we address every week too, be a neat idea.
D E A T H
2005-10-01, 9:44 PM #55
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I'm talking about quality free trance/techno/dnb from artists I know are quality or that...I just know.

I think me and Yecti could do a tech show very well, we'd just have to spend some time planning it. Twit-like would be a good idea, since we could expose massassi to news, especially those who don't frequent engadget/hardgaming/TWiT. I think we could have a massassian problem of the week that we address every week too, be a neat idea.[/QUOTE]

And then your name would make sense.

:p

And again, just massassians or... other people too?
2005-10-02, 6:00 AM #56
Britstorm radio eh, that brings back memories from "back in the day"... :) I'd be willing to be a presenter, have lots of (arguably) good music despite my addiction to cheesy dance, and have one hell of a sexy voice... however my upload bandwidth is variable to say the least. I'm definatly a willing listener though.

What ever happened to Britstorm.co.uk (I think it was)?
2005-10-02, 6:21 AM #57
i'd do one of those random late ones with just music.
2005-10-02, 7:22 AM #58
Originally posted by Ubuu:
if its going to be a representative of massassi you have to represent all of massassi, including the minority. if someone wants to here country, you better damn well have a slot of country music. same goes for everything else. if you want to put massassis name on it, it cant be what cool matty likes

No one said there wouldn't be. Like I said in my first post, my only restriction is the music must be clean. The only reason I am the only one broadcasting at the moment is because I am just testing the server, and we don't exactly have anything set up at the moment yet.

As for Britstorm itself, I was just using that name to bring some attention to this thread. I want to bring that back to massassi, but it will not be running under the same name (As I did not run it before, it would be quite rude to assume that name now).

Now that we have some decent interest in this thread, I'd like everyone to either PM me or post here what times you could host, or whatever.

Or even better, if you guys could meet me in #massassi it would be much easier to organize. Especially for you folk wanting to start a show, so we can organize this properly.
2005-10-02, 7:40 AM #59
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:

And again, just massassians or... other people too?

Preferrably this is just for Massassians. It's not public on Shoutcast, and I do not want it to be. I do not have the sort of bandwith to sustain that sort of demand.

I could possibly go with public broadcasts of certain shows though.
2005-10-02, 7:48 AM #60
We could easily release talk shows and whatnot as recorded shows.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-02, 2:16 PM #61
I used to be a britstorm DJ from time to time.
2005-10-02, 2:19 PM #62
Massassi radio+ JK on hard + A good mod + Rainy day =<3
2005-10-02, 3:44 PM #63
Haha, I used to listen to Britstorm a lot actually... It was on my iTunes playlist until it just kind of stopped one day.

I would be interested in listening/DJing. I have enough diverse music/tastes to listen/play anything.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-02, 4:00 PM #64
Originally posted by Schming:
I would be interested in listening/DJing. I have enough diverse music/tastes to listen/play anything.

Even...HARDCORE NAZI INDUSTRIAL?
2005-10-02, 4:12 PM #65
hmmmm

*forsees a Ska sucks show*

hosted by ME!

too bad I dont have a mic
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-10-02, 4:43 PM #66
I'm all for this as long as it involves a massassian doing crazy radio stunts like licking an insect-zapper while standing in a bucket of water, ala Dieter from Cleveland's 92.3 Extreme Radio.
2005-10-02, 4:54 PM #67
I can't be bothered to catch an actual live show, but a podcast would be nice.
2005-10-02, 6:24 PM #68
please Please PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!
2005-10-02, 7:31 PM #69
Please play some good funky stuff
一个大西瓜
2005-10-02, 8:23 PM #70
Originally posted by Pommy:
Please play some good funky stuff

No worries

;)
D E A T H
2005-10-02, 9:03 PM #71
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I'm talking about quality free trance/techno/dnb from artists I know are quality or that...I just know.[/QUOTE]
Or you could, you know, actually download a few overnight, skim them the next morning, and find something GOOD. Who cares if you know the artist? If it's good it's good.

"Good" is definately a rather vague definition in this case as it'll vary from person to person, but I've downloaded over 12 hours of music from that site. I'd say 10 of those hours would encompass "good", and 5 of them would encompass "excellent".

Download and try before you go passing it off just because you didn't see any names you knew. Really man, you have broadband. Download a few overnight wouldn't kill you. :p
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-10-02, 10:01 PM #72
A quick question of the leaglity if live music:

I have heard that some bands have an open concert policy where you are allowed to bring your own recording equitment and record the show and share it, just as long as you don't sell it. I have heard people play live shows of labeled bands on internet radio before, so I am just wondering if it is okay to play the live music of labeled bands?
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-10-02, 10:06 PM #73
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']We could have Massassi Music!

Umm there's a sweary word in there.

Vocals are 100% poo. Sowwy!
2005-10-02, 11:09 PM #74
This thread should be stickied and there should be a news post about it.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-10-03, 8:05 AM #75
http://sorrowind.net:8000/listen.pls

GO LISTEN I AM ON.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-10-03, 8:49 AM #76
I was on for a couple of minutes! I plan on being available for short slots when most of you are in school or asleep. (Being in a whacked up time zone and all).

(NoESC is a 90's man!)
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-10-03, 8:49 AM #77
i just cleaned up my playlist a bit... 1126 songs
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-10-03, 8:53 AM #78
We need to figure out when this can really go live. Once it does, I need to learn shoutcast (which doesn't look hard at all) and we can get our TWiT going on.
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-10-03, 11:02 AM #79
Originally posted by Yecti:
We need to figure out when this can really go live. Once it does, I need to learn shoutcast (which doesn't look hard at all) and we can get our TWiT going on.

I was thinking doing a prerecording like TWiT over Skype or something. Seems to work pretty well with only a few people. Also, get on AIM so we can throw ideas around :p
D E A T H
2005-10-03, 11:27 AM #80
Some more additional information:

Yoshi is now the designated organizer for the Tech Show. If you wish to be a part or anything, PM him.

I will NOT allow shows of just "one band" or "one cd".

Despite how awesome that band may be, there will be a high chance someone will dislike them. And more than that, they'll get tired of hearing them.

So I require that you soon-to-be DJers make sure that your list is varied. 3-4 good songs from a band is fine, as long as I do not tune in and hear nothing but that band for one straight hour. If anything, throw 3 bands on your list and shuffle it.

And as NoESC let you all know earlier, I am running beta tests for DJers now, to see who has capable internet connections for broadcasting (Sorry Smock!) and who has a decent library of music. (Note that by decent, I mean size and lack-of-language, not type of music)

↑ Up to the top!