Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Smoking pot is good for your brain
Smoking pot is good for your brain
2005-10-14, 6:42 PM #1
http://smokedsalmonband.com/forum/index.php?topic=1383.msg19179#msg19179

Maybe I should start smoking again. :o
2005-10-14, 6:46 PM #2
Heh I saw that...
But I can say I highely doubt that is true..

And on the topic, the cable guy that came to fix my cable today definately stole my piece. Im so pissed.
2005-10-14, 6:46 PM #3
I believe in Dr. Zhang.
2005-10-14, 6:46 PM #4
Sweet!
Pissed Off?
2005-10-14, 6:50 PM #5
Wow! This is good news for lab rats.
2005-10-14, 6:51 PM #6
Well, don't know about this, but I've definetly seen some people turn into retards after too much pot abuse. Scary, really. So I'd rather not experiment.

<3 beer.
幻術
2005-10-14, 6:55 PM #7
Originally posted by Koobie:
Well, don't know about this, but I've definetly seen some people turn into retards after too much pot abuse. Scary, really. So I'd rather not experiment.

<3 beer.

They said

Quote:
new research suggests the drug could have some benefits when administered regularly in a highly potent form

and Pot generally makes you lazy. Probally a reason why they don't do well in school.
2005-10-14, 7:16 PM #8
That's hilarious.

Of course, no matter how great it may seem you don't just jump to accept some new study when there have been so many others finding the opposite. Like that new study showing birds aren't descended from dinosaurs, you know? That kind of thing. :p
2005-10-14, 7:17 PM #9
This is good news!

I do know some really smart potheads.
2005-10-14, 7:29 PM #10
You'd be smart too if you ate 15 pounds of food everyday. Lots of energy = brain power. :D
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-14, 7:50 PM #11
I know tons of smart potheads.

I forsee another marijuana debate in the near future..
2005-10-14, 8:08 PM #12
I know 3 pot head that i went to college with. Three of the smartest people i've ever met...
I'm not wearing any pants...
2005-10-14, 9:36 PM #13
Since when does the brain generate new cells?
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-10-14, 9:40 PM #14
I know one pothead who was incredibly smart. He eventually started doing other drugs and now he's pretty much ruined his chances of going to college.
2005-10-14, 10:14 PM #15
All the potheads I've known seem to think really well in the abstract... but couldn't hold their own when thinking about practical things... They usually come up with these big elaborate philosophies on life, but can't seem to understand more simple concepts related to every day living.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-14, 10:16 PM #16
Yeah well most pot heads I have known have been God damn idiots.
MastaX
2005-10-14, 10:16 PM #17
I remember the first and only time I smoked weed, I was with a bunch of friends, and we made a trip to Jack in the Box, in which everybody else got tacos and I got a burger. When we got back to whoever's apartment, I was hungry so I went digging for my burger, which was at the bottom of the bag. I remember this because it made me feel incredibly stupid. For some reason, my burger, simply piled under 10 tacos, was a conundrum to which my brain could not solve for at least five minutes. That's why I don't smoke weed, among being really not enjoyable in itself, feeling retarded does not make for a good time either.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-10-14, 11:09 PM #18
When will you all realize...pot is like coffee. it holds neither no positive nor negative balance on someone's mental condition...that said, people will continue to treat it like it either boosts your IQ or completeltly turns you into a retard. :rolleyes: ...That further said I smoked weed everyday for 3 years and somehow got the highest result in my high school on my english 12 exam...MUST BE THE WEED...or maybe it has nothing to do with it at all? Nawww thats insane.
2005-10-14, 11:12 PM #19
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]When will you all realize...pot is like coffee. it holds neither no positive nor negative balance on someone's mental condition...that said, people will continue to treat it like it either boosts your IQ or completeltly turns you into a retard. :rolleyes: ...That further said I smoked weed everyday for 3 years and somehow got the highest result in my high school on my english 12 exam...MUST BE THE WEED...or maybe it has nothing to do with it at all? Nawww thats insane.[/QUOTE]

So how do you refute medical science concluding that smoking pot kills brain cells?
MastaX
2005-10-14, 11:25 PM #20
Or the fact that neurons lack centrioles to develope new neural tissue....
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-14, 11:25 PM #21
Stupid slang terms.

Smoking pots would be much more awesome.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-14, 11:28 PM #22
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Stupid slang terms.

Smoking pots would be much more awesome.

You guys ready way to much Maddox; the word "awesome" is in every thread!
MastaX
2005-10-14, 11:41 PM #23
It most awesomely is not!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-10-14, 11:44 PM #24
Originally posted by MastaX:
So how do you refute medical science concluding that smoking pot kills brain cells?

And this is where you point me to this imaginary medical science experiment...

No, seriously, it doesn't exist. Smoking pot does not kill brain cells. End of story.
2005-10-14, 11:47 PM #25
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]And this is where you point me to this imaginary medical science experiment...

No, seriously, it doesn't exist. Smoking pot does not kill brain cells. End of story.[/QUOTE]

What evidence do you have to back up this claim?
MastaX
2005-10-14, 11:48 PM #26
And this is the part where you convince yourself that smoking pot is a-o.k. That the over loading of neurons does absolutely nothing. Yay!
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-14, 11:48 PM #27
What evidence do you have to back up this claim?

Burden of proof = ON YOU

Really, there is no proof either way... Search as you may but all youll find is inconclusive evidence... I can tell you for a fact, from personal experience that marijuana really ****s up your short term memory...as for "killing brain cells"...that is pure myth.
2005-10-14, 11:52 PM #28
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Burden of proof = ON YOU[/QUOTE]

You only wish that is how things work.
MastaX
2005-10-14, 11:52 PM #29
No, you're the one trying to prove it does nothing. Back it up.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-14, 11:53 PM #30
You only wish that is how things work.

....Right...

Positive claim=burden of proof.

but thanks for comin out for beyond the grave mister master x....your brain is a little dusty.Unlike mine which is fully cleansed and just dripping with thc.
2005-10-14, 11:55 PM #31
Originally posted by Roach:

I said there is no conclusive proof either way. And even if I was saying it does nothing, the burden of proof is still on HIM..HE CLAIMED THAT POT KILLS BRAINCELLS. You can't argue that with bull**** anti pot retoric. But please continue with the amusing attempts.
2005-10-14, 11:55 PM #32

Re-read. I am not trying to prove anything.
MastaX
2005-10-14, 11:57 PM #33
Re-read. I am not trying to prove anything.

Don't read read. But instead try to tap into that so called BRAIN of yours. He was talking about ME. But nonetheless, your claim that pot kills brain cells is a positive claim...prove it or lose the debate.

Btw, I'm so drunk... Which means even if I lose I have an excuse...

alcohol kills brain cells...now thats for damned sure.
2005-10-15, 12:01 AM #34
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Don't read read. But instead try to tap into that so called BRAIN of yours. He was talking about ME. But nonetheless, your claim that pot kills brain cells is a positive claim...prove it or lose the debate.

Btw, I'm so drunk... Which means even if I lose I have an excuse...

alcohol kills brain cells...now thats for damned sure.[/QUOTE]

What claim might that be? If you did read you would see that I made no claim.

*sigh*
MastaX
2005-10-15, 12:04 AM #35
What claim might that be? If you did read you would see that I made no claim.

*sigh*

"So how do you refute medical science concluding that smoking pot kills brain cells?"

ARE YOU SAYING YOU WERENT TRYING TO SAY THIS WAS TRUE...IF SO YOU SUCK. END.
2005-10-15, 12:05 AM #36
Mmmmkay?

[http://www.christiania.org/~werner/jpg/2x21gramjoint/21grams8.jpg]
幻術
2005-10-15, 12:06 AM #37
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]I said there is no conclusive proof either way. And even if I was saying it does nothing, the burden of proof is still on HIM..HE CLAIMED THAT POT KILLS BRAINCELLS. You can't argue that with bull**** anti pot retoric. But please continue with the amusing attempts.[/QUOTE]
Let's go to very basic anatomy. Neurons lack centrioles. Ergo, they cannot seperate and develope new neurons. Your turn.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-15, 12:07 AM #38
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]"So how do you refute medical science concluding that smoking pot kills brain cells?"

ARE YOU SAYING YOU WERENT TRYING TO SAY THIS WAS TRUE...IF SO YOU SUCK. END.[/QUOTE]

Where did I say it was true? I asked you to prove THEM wrong, and you didn't. I'd ask them to prove you wrong but they aren't here!
MastaX
2005-10-15, 12:08 AM #39
Let's go to very basic anatomy. Neurons lack centrioles. Ergo, they cannot seperate and develope new neurons. Your turn.

Let's go even more basic ****... Im drunk and dont understand your fancy talk...My claim is that nothing does **** to ****. Care you retort on this ****? Of course you ****in dont..;.
2005-10-15, 12:09 AM #40
Where did I say it was true? I asked you to prove THEM wrong, and you didn't. I'd ask them to prove you wrong but they aren't here!

What a ****in cop out. You clearly said that with the intention of it being true,and then cop out when I ask you to back it up. COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT

AND YES THIS IS GOING TO CONTINUE UNTIL I GO TO SLEEP.

↑ Up to the top!