Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → An interesting experiment between Massassians?
An interesting experiment between Massassians?
2005-10-17, 9:19 AM #81
Its definatley going to spend a few days here (transferring between massassians that is)
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-10-17, 9:22 AM #82
Yeah, it'll probably spend a couple days getting ferried around southern Ontario. There's quite a few of us living down here, and unless someone wants to spend their entire day driving the scrapbook around and getting people to put their stuff in it... whoo.

Oh, plus, when people do get it, they should spray their pages with a fixative, so the writings won't get rubbed off :).
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-17, 9:27 AM #83
Southern Ontario ftw. I'd ferry it around on two conditions: 1) I get gas money, and 2) We wait until Christmas break
Stuff
2005-10-17, 9:36 AM #84
I'm in for it.

Who would keep the book?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-17, 9:51 AM #85
[QUOTE=Connection Problem]No, actually, I really can't blame anyone who doesn't want to give their address to someone on the internet. If any of you read other forums (genmay?) then you'd know that giving your address to the wrong person will make your life hell. Hilarious for those who watch, but frightening for the victim.[/QUOTE]
My point was not that everyone on the internet is trustworthy, that would be stupid. My point is that most of the members who have been here for any length of time have built up pretty strong bonds with other members, and therefore could easily find someone they trust to give their address to.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-10-17, 9:53 AM #86
Originally posted by Wolfy:
I'm in for it.

Who would keep the book?

Read the thread, looks like it's gonna be Brian.

When we say christmas present, I'm thinking it'll be atleast 2006, if not the year after - not everyone will be able to write in it and send it off the same day, it could be hanging around alot.

2005-10-17, 12:30 PM #87
Is there anyway someone could start a map like the one in Kyle's sig, but only for people who intend to participate? That way we could start to have a general idea how this would work out, and those that are close can figure out how to meet and stuff to get the ball (or the book) rolling.
2005-10-17, 12:46 PM #88
Oooh ooh I'm in!!! Fellow quebecer can ship it to me, or I can ship to him! :D lol
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-17, 8:58 PM #89
Ah ok. I'll get the post office next day, and weight the book. What's the limit, in terms of cash, people are willing to pay to ship it?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-17, 9:25 PM #90
Doesn't matter, Anovis'll be footing the bill for me (though he doesn't know it yet).
Stuff
2005-10-18, 5:36 AM #91
[QUOTE=Connection Problem]Is there anyway someone could start a map like the one in Kyle's sig, but only for people who intend to participate? That way we could start to have a general idea how this would work out, and those that are close can figure out how to meet and stuff to get the ball (or the book) rolling.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to have a go, but won't have a home computer until next week. If nobody else has volunteered before then, I'll do it.

2005-10-18, 2:12 PM #92
Just because it's a christmas present doesn't mean Bri has to get it at Christmas.

It could be late. Very late. It's the thought that counts, not the timing!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-10-18, 4:41 PM #93
Sounds fun.

Definitely in.
Mmmm.
2005-10-18, 4:48 PM #94
A book of that size could be sent in a packing envelope for $2-$4, provided no one goes and stuffs CDs and additional crap into the book. This is in the US.
2005-10-18, 10:04 PM #95
You want us to sign up on your death list don't you?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-10-20, 1:35 PM #96
Well, I finally got a chance to get down to the post office and find the price of shipping that book. It's $4 for regualr shipping. Sounds reasonable?

How should the map work? What direction should it go? I live on the east coast, and the RITians are the next state. Go around the US or across the ocean?
2005-10-20, 2:05 PM #97
So how much did it weigh? I'd quite like some numbers for first/second class postage over here.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-10-20, 4:32 PM #98
Just make sure it comes up to Boston, then I could send it to MZZT or vice versa and send it Canadaward-ho.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-20, 4:56 PM #99
I'm in!
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-10-20, 5:17 PM #100
I'd be willing to take part in this. Assuming you guys still recogonize me?
2005-10-20, 8:03 PM #101
i'm in.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-10-20, 8:10 PM #102
What we need is a sign up page with a simple guestbook script. Basically, anyone who is actually willing to receive and send this book would sign up with their real name, Massassi name, adress, and e-mail/phone number. All of this would be private. Then whoever's running this would make a map. We could set a sign up deadline for like, 2 months from now. Then the map would be used to plot the book's path. You could define specific 'groups' of people, and determine which group trusts which contact in another group. Have a send and receive person for each group. Then just start e-mailing people who are receiving the book next.

We'd HAVE to organize it some way similar to this, or we'll get messed up, and confused, and it'll save us the most money.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-20, 10:28 PM #103
Good idea.
2005-10-21, 6:55 AM #104
I'd love to get in on it, but I seriously doubt any of you want to go through the trouble or cost of mailing it to me in India. Could I scan something and have another Massassian paste it in? That would kind of defeat the point though, wouldn't it?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-10-21, 7:05 AM #105
Originally posted by Echoman:
(we trust eachother enough, right?)

Sure....

*white powder pops out of package*
2005-10-21, 7:41 AM #106
I think the easiest way to do it would be for someone to compile a list and then mail the list with the book, each person crossing out the address they're sending it to.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-21, 8:35 AM #107
count me out, my mom would flip when she sees a raggy package coming in labeled "form masasi tempal w/love sing hear plz kthx now fwd to nearets masasian"

i can hear her now... "WHAT IN GODS NAME IS THIS? IN DA TRASH!"

*clunk*

*beep beep*

*garbage truck picks up dumpster*

im serious man, not gonna happen. you go ahead with this, just dont expect it to come by me. :)
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-10-21, 8:40 AM #108
Well, when I was 14 I went to my first meating with some Star Wars-mad strangers, so sending and receiving a little book wouldn't be such a great problem.
So, count me in.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-21, 10:08 AM #109
Well, I don't know about submitting EVERYONES addy, just maybe their general address, nothing specific, So if people want to send it around a certain areas, then there's less of a risk of addresses falling into the wrong hands (if people are paranoid about that). So if the package is coming to australia, then relevant people will PM the other relevant people etc. instead of EVERYONE reading the address. I dunno - just a brain fart. Only send your exact address to the person that matters - if that makes sense.
2005-10-21, 11:42 AM #110
I'm up for it

(besides I'm not overly worried about the whole "address" thing - I have a P.O. Box - you know - being a college student and all :) )
"I've never seen anyone do an interpretive dance to Mien Kampf "
- MST3K
2005-10-21, 11:46 AM #111
Originally posted by Macro_Roshuma:
im serious man, not gonna happen. you go ahead with this, just dont expect it to come by me. :)

I know.
2005-10-21, 11:59 AM #112
I'm not too worried about Massassians knowing my address. I trust most of you enough to not send me anything dangerous. In fact, I'm going to show you exactly where I live. Except that I don't, because it's my parents house. You won't find me there very often anymore.
Attachment: 7977/homepic.jpg (77,621 bytes)
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-21, 12:03 PM #113
As I mentioned in the first post, your addresses aren't going to be in public display for all to see. That is done through private messages with one other Massassian.
2005-10-21, 1:12 PM #114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoman
I know.

aw shut up, is it fun flaming the kid? is it?
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-10-21, 5:43 PM #115
er...whatever

Anyway, I vote for this map idea to plot the general locations of Massassi. Is there already an up-to-date map that we can use to track and plan out the direction of the package? I got the package pretty much ready to go. :)
2005-10-21, 7:25 PM #116
Originally posted by Ruthven:
there are a few massassians I trust.

I know Sami's[Morpheus's] address so thats one person i could send the book to.

James Bond or Maeve lives kinda near me so I could get the book from them.

Unless GoY sent me it instead, after all he sends me dirty text messages all the time >.>

Well Maeve still knows where I live during term time at University (postgrad halls next to the canal, near the new chemisty building, if you've forgot maeve, my phone number is still the same), or at least she should at least know how to contact me so that I can either come over and sign it or she can bring it to me or Maeve, Ruth and I can all meet up in london and do it at once...uuummm, interesting idea.

If I'm not in london I'm quite happy to give out my home address otherwise, its in the middle of freaking nowhere so even if you did know the address you'd have great difficultly in actually finding it.

great idea btw.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-10-21, 7:33 PM #117
You and Maeve would run a mile due to my disturbing and insane personality.

Sami took a long time to get used to it :p

>.> jk, i'm brilliant <.<

so when do we commence this plan of signage?

Oh God, Royal Mail is really gonna bone this badly
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-21, 7:37 PM #118
Oh God, Royal Mail is really gonna bone this badly

uumm, good point...would have to be recorded mail.

and I'm glad to see i'm not the only Brit who stays up till stupid o'clock in the morning, I'm going to fall into bed now.

You and Maeve would run a mile due to my disturbing and insane personality.

I've met some seriously disturbing people at uni and I haven't run away yet.....I've hid behind a sofa once but, well, thats another story. :p
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-10-21, 7:48 PM #119
Well, because full zoom results in me in the middle of a large street, I still trust you all to know where I live.

[http://www.sorrowind.net/imagecorner/319/12.png]

Of course, you don't want to cross into the Blightened Lands in the west. They're filled with undead diseased filled zombies.
2005-10-21, 7:57 PM #120
Holy crap! You live in Springfield? That's only a few hours away from me.

Anyway, I would be more than happy to participate in this.

↑ Up to the top!