Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → (Episode 3) What happened to the clone army?
(Episode 3) What happened to the clone army?
2005-12-01, 3:54 AM #81
Thanks for that link, Impi.

Quote:
""When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves — and only the films."

Hah!
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-12-01, 10:30 AM #82
Quote:
Lucasfilm says that the EU is canon, not me.

Lucasfilm says something has to be officially approved of before being published, and only approved, published sources are canon.

Therefore, the EU is canon, and interviews are not, and it's not a matter of "my opinion" but a matter of Lucasfilm policy.

that doesnt make sense, all of the EU can't be canon, some of it contradits whats in the films

plus lets just look at what you're saying Lucasfilm as in George Lucas

hmm.. HIS story, therefore if he says something is the case in his story, its probably the case
2005-12-01, 10:32 AM #83
and from the wiki site

Quote:
LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
2005-12-01, 11:26 AM #84
I'll go with "their" universe any days. Lucas prooved he was a numbnut with the new episodes.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-12-01, 1:09 PM #85
Originally posted by Wikipedia:
To summarize, all elements are part of the Star Wars story, unless they contradict the events of the six films in a way that cannot be rationalized. All elements contradicting the films are deemed apocrypha, and are not considered canon. There is also an "infinities" storyline in Star Wars publishing, which has the intent of telling non-canon Star Wars stories, using a "what-if?" attitude.

Thank you for completely proving my point, as this is what I have been saying the entire time. Everything is canon unless and until it's contradicted by the movies. Anything that has been contradicted, has since been retconned so that it no longer is. And nothing will be contradicted in the future, because there will be no more films. THEREFORE, THE ENTIRETY OF THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE IS CANON.

As I have stated, SEVERAL times, in my previous posts, if Lucas decides to release a new trilogy that completely and utterly contradicts the EU, then obviously those movies will be canon, and the EU will not. I'm not saying anything otherwise. I'm just saying that, since that has not happened, and since the entirety of the EU has yet to be contradicted by the films, that the EU is canon, as described by that very site you used to try to prove me wrong.

Originally posted by TSM_Bguitar:
that doesnt make sense, all of the EU can't be canon, some of it contradits whats in the films

plus lets just look at what you're saying Lucasfilm as in George Lucas

hmm.. HIS story, therefore if he says something is the case in his story, its probably the case

Are you even reading what I'm saying?

As for the contradictions; the "some of it" that contradicts the films have since been fixed to not contradict the films. That's what 'retcon' means. It means to 'retroactively' change the 'continuity'. I garuntee you that there are very few EU/Movie contradictions that havn't yet been fixed.

As for Lucas. Again, you're not listening to me. Yes, it's his story. Yes, it's his company. But due to technicalities, what Lucas says unofficially technically is not canon until it becomes canon. Since nothing is canon until it's filmed or written, and since he has not filmed or written all of his ideas, not all of his ideas are yet canon. If he did decide to film or write more, that would be canon. But he hasn't, so it's not.

Also, I'd like to point out, that Coruscant was taken from the EU. Aayla Secura, the blue Twi'lek Jedi, was taken from the EU. Quinlan Vos was taken from the EU. Boz Pity was taken from the EU.

ASP-droids and the Outrider are both taken from the EU, but both made cameo appearances in the special edition of ANH.

All of those appeared in the films.

Interesting, no?
Moo.
2005-12-01, 1:15 PM #86
But you justed proved that the EU isn't canon. :P
2005-12-01, 1:33 PM #87
... And how do you rationalize that?

[quote=Wikipedia. Again.]To summarize, all elements are part of the Star Wars story, unless they contradict the events of the six films in a way that cannot be rationalized.[/quote]

The "elements" that have contradicted the six films have since been fixed so that they no longer contradict. Therefore, all elements are "part of the Star Wars story", and thus canon.
Moo.
2005-12-02, 9:08 AM #88
The "elements" that have contradicted the six films have since been fixed so that
Quote:
they no longer contradict. Therefore, all elements are "part of the Star Wars story", and thus canon.

but you see this is from wikipedia which can be edited by anyone, plus the GL quotes have him saying "thats not my world" basicly.

and if you look at the rating system, all EU is less cannon than the films and radio drama, therefore is not completly part of the story, hince it being the "expanded universe"

the only true story of start wars is from the films and the NPR radio drama.
2005-12-02, 9:36 AM #89
That's the way I see it too, TSM_Bguitar.

It says:

Quote:
"When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves — and only the films."
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-12-02, 9:43 AM #90
i seriously suggest that everyone stop posting in this thread... and go outside... that bright light is called the sun... don't be afraid of it
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-12-02, 10:27 AM #91
Ok. Actually, Some stromtroopers are clones. During the second half of the clone wars, the Kamino cloning facilities were destroyed by the Confederacy. Therefore, the remaining clones were still deployed. When some of them were killed, the Empire realized they needed troops so they started allowing enlisted people and recruits. So, yes some Stormtroopers are clones, but very, very few.
2005-12-02, 10:32 AM #92
So you're saying that only the parts of wikipedia that help your argument are true, and everything else is false? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Regardless of what "level" of canon the EU is, C-Canon is still canon. Yes, if the movies contradict the EU, that makes the movies canon. But they havn't, so the EU is still canon. That's the whole point of the level system. If the EU weren't canon, it'd be under N-Canon.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not canon.
Moo.
2005-12-02, 4:31 PM #93
Quote:
i seriously suggest that everyone stop posting in this thread... and go outside... that bright light is called the sun... don't be afraid of it

because taking not even 5 minutes to read a reply and to reply to it means that it takes away from your hole day and you don't have a life.

Quote:
So you're saying that only the parts of wikipedia that help your argument are true, and everything else is false? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

the part im showing is from the CREATOR of the story, the one who has the right to do whatever he wants with it, and when he says "thats not even part of 'my universe' " that takes away from how it fits into the whole story, yes
2005-12-02, 4:38 PM #94
"Only begun the Massassi debate has."-Yoda
[and where is thos Star Wars Wiki?]
2005-12-02, 8:23 PM #95
because taking not even 5 minutes to read a reply and to reply to it means that it takes away from your hole day and you don't have a life.

take a look at the topic you are arguing about... this is a nerd fight... i haven't seen nerd levels this high for some time
2005-12-02, 8:54 PM #96

the part im showing is from the CREATOR of the story, the one who has the right to do whatever he wants with it, and when he says "thats not even part of 'my universe' " that takes away from how it fits into the whole story, yes

You either accept the whole page as legit, or you don't. You can't just say "This part is true but the rest is editted." How do you know that the lucas quote wasn't editted? You can't. So either you accept the whole page, which makes me right, or you deny the whole page... which still makes me right... Either way, this discussion is pointless.
Moo.
2005-12-03, 11:33 AM #97
Quote:
So either you accept the whole page, which makes me right, or you deny the whole page... which still makes me right...

an example of the perfect way to debate... :rolleyes: doesn't deserve a reply

Quote:
take a look at the topic you are arguing about... this is a nerd fight... i haven't seen nerd levels this high for some time

yet you're posting on the massassi temple fourms
2005-12-03, 12:47 PM #98
except i don't participate in nerd fights like these
2005-12-03, 12:51 PM #99
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
Y
Yes you are.
2005-12-03, 1:44 PM #100
an example of the perfect way to debate... :rolleyes: doesn't deserve a reply

That's because you have no legitimate way to defend your position.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-03, 2:39 PM #101
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT
this might get explained in that Star Wars TV show Lucas is doing... Wooh!

SO SHUT UP
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-03, 3:19 PM #102
That would be nice.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-03, 4:27 PM #103
Originally posted by Genki:
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT

SO SHUT UP

I am curious to see how that turns out. Could suck, could rock. Might not be in between.
2005-12-03, 5:02 PM #104
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Y
Yes you are.

all my posts on this thread have not been about the topic of the debate/nerd fight so i have not been participating
2005-12-03, 5:13 PM #105
Quote:

then don't read this thread, i know its a hard concept.

Quote:
all my posts on this thread have not been about the topic of the debate/nerd fight so i have not been participating

again, don't read the thread

Quote:

indeed

Quote:
That's because you have no legitimate way to defend your position.

no, that was just an ignorant statement. What I pointed out was showing that the creator of the series doesnt count that as part of "his universe", and I also pointed out that everything except the movies and radio drama are less canon than the movies and radio drama as listed in the site, plus its wikipedia, i could go change it if I wanted which shows that that cant be one's only source for a debate
2005-12-03, 5:17 PM #106
i read the thread because sometimes it's fun to watch people have a completely pointless arguement where at least 2 people end up just saying the same thing in every post
2005-12-03, 5:19 PM #107
Quote:
i read the thread because sometimes it's fun to watch people have a completely pointless arguement where at least 2 people end up just saying the same thing in every post

so whats more nerdy, arguing about something and looking things up or simply taking the time to go to a site to watch people argue about "nerdy things"
2005-12-03, 5:27 PM #108
You're not helping yourself.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-03, 5:29 PM #109
i'd say actually participating in the actual arguement (as you have for a good portion of this thread).... taking some time to read a thread to get a few laughs is not nerdy... how can you even ask that question when it answers itself

please don't let me stop you from getting back to your original arguement...
2005-12-03, 8:52 PM #110
plus its wikipedia, i could go change it if I wanted which shows that that cant be one's only source for a debate

That's exactly my point.

If it's editted to be false, then that means the legitimacy of the entire page is in question, which means you lose the one piece of evidence you had against me. If the page has not been editted, that makes the entire page legit, which means that the page proves me right anyway.

You can't just say that part of it is right, and the rest is illegitimate, because that's just like saying "I'm right because I say I am, but everyone else is wrong."

It just doesn't work that way.
Moo.
2005-12-03, 8:56 PM #111
Its pretty sad when a star wars discussion turns into a heated argument.
2005-12-03, 9:06 PM #112
You're a stirrer, DrkJedi82. You didn't actually expect people to say "oh, the nice man has patronised me and called me a nerd, let's take his supposedly literal advice and go out in the sun," you expected a negative response. TSM_Bguitar took the bait, and you further tried to belittle him, thus raising my blood pressure and the bile in my throat simultaneously. Congratulations.

Oh, great job defending your anti-nerd status parading under an alias of DrkJedi82. Seeing as the Dark Jedi aren't mentioned anywhere in the original films, I'd say you have more than a passing interest in the Star Wars universe.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2005-12-03, 9:07 PM #113
[QUOTE=The Last True Evil]You're a stirrer, DrkJedi82. You didn't actually expect people to say "oh, the nice man has patronised me and called me a nerd, let's take his supposedly literal advice and go out in the sun," you expected a negative response. TSM_Bguitar took the bait, and you further tried to belittle him, thus raising my blood pressure and the bile in my throat simultaneously. Congratulations.

Oh, great job defending your anti-nerd status parading under an alias of DrkJedi82. Seeing as the Dark Jedi aren't mentioned anywhere in the original films, I'd say you have more than a passing interest in the Star Wars universe.[/QUOTE]

You're a funny funny guy.
2005-12-03, 9:09 PM #114
He is Satan, you know
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-03, 11:08 PM #115
[QUOTE=The Last True Evil]You're a stirrer, DrkJedi82. You didn't actually expect people to say "oh, the nice man has patronised me and called me a nerd, let's take his supposedly literal advice and go out in the sun," you expected a negative response. TSM_Bguitar took the bait, and you further tried to belittle him, thus raising my blood pressure and the bile in my throat simultaneously. Congratulations.

Oh, great job defending your anti-nerd status parading under an alias of DrkJedi82. Seeing as the Dark Jedi aren't mentioned anywhere in the original films, I'd say you have more than a passing interest in the Star Wars universe.[/QUOTE]

you're just jealous because i'm far more evil than you could ever hope to be
2005-12-03, 11:40 PM #116
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Its pretty sad when a star wars discussion turns into a heated argument.

It's not a "heated argument" until people start throwing insults at eachother...

****head.

But in all seriousness, I'd say this is far from a heated argument... Irritated debate, perhaps, but I think things have remained relatively calm...
Moo.
2005-12-03, 11:41 PM #117
Why couldn't nerds tell how nerdy this discussion?

I'm quite a nerd and this discussion SUCKS.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-04, 12:44 AM #118
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
you're just jealous because i'm far more evil than you could ever hope to be

How you cut to the core of me with your witty evasion of everything I said. What's it like to be the pride of your local Mensa chapter?
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2005-12-04, 1:37 AM #119
OMG! Get off the uptight pills!
Pissed Off?
2005-12-04, 3:02 AM #120
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
But in all seriousness, I'd say this is far from a heated argument... Irritated debate, perhaps, but I think things have remained relatively calm...

Yeah, this isn't anything like the great canon wars of 1994.

But on the topic of canon this page, which is a source of the wikipedia article, comes to the conclusion, that it is a matter of interests, even inside the Lucas empire.
On the one hand you have Lucas himself who really seperates Star Wars into two worlds and on the other hand the guys from Lucasfilm Licensing who have many levels of canon.
I personally favor the later model for my Star Wars, but I am also of the opinion that when you discuss something from G-canon, that you shouldn't slip into lesser sources for explaination. Only for speculation.

That said, I like the speculation given in Dark Lord: The Rise of Lord Vader, that goes along the lines that because the clones have a limited time to live many academies are built where unaltered clones are grown as well as their templates are trained, because it would take too long for them all to be ready.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!