Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Would you still play Jedi Knight?
Would you still play Jedi Knight?
2006-02-17, 2:55 PM #81
Clans are lame.
2006-02-17, 3:52 PM #82
SBX > *

I voted yes.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-02-17, 4:49 PM #83
Ghostle is right. Yes, that screenie was taken at the start of the game, the reason I posted that one and no other, is that it was the only screenie where I had the player names up. I don't take screenies for scores, I take action screenies, for example:

[http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/ORJ/Team_Gallery/Team_553.jpg]

If you want to see the rest of our screenies from that game, visit page 1 and 2 here. :)
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-02-17, 4:54 PM #84
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
What about competition? Honestly, I liked not knowing what I was going to get in a game on the zone - a newbie, someone who could kick my ***, or a good old fashioned haxor. I don't know if we're going to get that kind of variety if you guys start this up.

rhere arn't enough leetzor clans anymore, where's teh love? lolz

This "program" we're planning would have plugin support for contests, most certainly. It'd also coincide with JKStats, allowing you to compair stats with other players.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-17, 6:52 PM #85
Plug-ins?!? >_<!!!

I certianly hope you are saying "Future versions will include more functionality."

>.>

<.<

Something should be done for hax0rz as well.

Having options for hosting like:
allow checksumable mods
allow regular checksum cogs
or be as strict as possible to prevent any hacking what so ever

I have lots and lots of ideas in me brain, and to be quite frank, I can do it all in VB right now. :D
-Hell Raiser
2006-02-17, 7:04 PM #86
HellRaiser, do us all a favor and do it in Python. With your brain you'll learn how to do all that stuff in hours or less in Python, and it will be cross-platform compatible if/when Sith2 is released. And hopefully the programs are intended to run with that too.
2006-02-18, 5:45 PM #87
Check my post in the game lobby for people that voted yes.
2006-02-18, 5:58 PM #88
JDKNITE has very good points as to why he does not play JK. I agree completely with them. However, I just still play and edit JK, probably because of my emotional attachment to it. It's still fun. It is one of several games I regularly play, the others are much more recent.

This thread is not about why or why not you should still be playing JK. It's just about whether or not you WOULD. We (the editing community) want to know how much support there is.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-02-18, 6:07 PM #89
I would. JK is one of the games I can minimize easily and continue to work on some essay I'm suppose to be doing.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-23, 6:09 AM #90
VIVA LA JEDI KNIGHT!

The one way the Dark Forces 2 beats Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, Is the speed, sabers move faster and harder in Dark Forces 2. The game play is that much faster, if some one was to increase the speed of weapons in JA alot more people would play it.I mean the sniper rifle is not instant and it is a beem of light.

So make this Lobby, or you will end up in pain!
Anarchistic, Srunched. you got a problem i got some metal storms lets settle this out side.
2006-02-23, 7:41 AM #91
Moving at the speed of light hasn't been cool since 1999.

Since then, we've been able to make up for crap gameplay, other than by speeding things up.

↑ Up to the top!