Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I had a talk with my dad last night..
So I had a talk with my dad last night..
2006-03-19, 11:58 AM #81
Originally posted by Hebedee:
if homosexuality is all nurture,

It's.. not.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-19, 12:05 PM #82
Quote:
It's out of every Christian's desire to spread his religious seed all over, to be dominant.

You're deliusional. You're making stupid assumptions about what other people think just so you can sit back and be indignant. Way to go.
2006-03-19, 12:42 PM #83
Obi, You're delusional for thinking that sexual preferance is a choice. It's purely genetic and is determined at birth.

It's not opinion. It's fact.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-19, 12:43 PM #84
It's as genetic as be a drunk is genetic. Some people are really pre-disposed to it.
2006-03-19, 12:44 PM #85
Actually, no. It's literally in the genes. Far too many female chromosomes in a male cause them to be a bit more feminine. It's fact.

Deal with it.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-19, 12:46 PM #86
homosexuality is , imo...:p... a mixture of up bringing/experiences/and a random genetic factor at birth.... all of these factors would give rise to different chemical levels in the brain, cos thats all attraction is.

Chemicals in the brain.

Nuff said.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-19, 12:48 PM #87
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Actually, no. It's literally in the genes. Far too many female chromosomes in a male cause them to be a bit more feminine. It's fact.

Deal with it.[/QUOTE]

... I'm almost a replica of my mum.

Girly face, long girly hair, I act very differently to 90% of guys, i'm not butch or interested in looking butch...

I probably have loads of female chromosomes...

But I'll bang a lady over a man any day of the week.

Unless paid a substanical fee.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-19, 1:02 PM #88

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-19, 1:04 PM #89
Originally posted by Freelancer:
It's.. not.

I am glad you realize that I think it isn't. I was supporting the nature argument by questioning the nurture argument.
2006-03-19, 1:06 PM #90
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Obi, You're delusional for thinking that sexual preferance is a choice. It's purely genetic and is determined at birth.

It's not opinion. It's fact.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between being prone to something and actually doing it. There are plenty of people who just go gay anyway.

Also, where does bestiality come in? Oooh, Actually I don't really want you to answer that.
2006-03-19, 1:08 PM #91
The problem with this reasoning, I think, is that if these proselyting Christians think that those they cannot help are going to live in eternal damnation, because of what their religious texts and leaders tell them, would it not be more respectful to try to help someone out of that situation?

The problem arises when, like Yoshi said, they try to cram it down your throat. I don't mind if you invite someone to your church, or try and get them involved with your church, but when you force it on them (threaten them that they're going to hell, never quit confronting them about it, those types of things) then I can't stand it.

I asked my teacher the other day if Christians should socialize with non-Christians or not, since in the Bible it says very clearly: DON'T. She told me that this command was given to the Jews, and they were giving in to their opposing religions. Now, she says, we should hang out with atheists, and if we act Christlike around them and such, maybe we could start influencing them into Christianity. This is not forcing, and it's just being friendly with someone different than you, hoping that eventually maybe they'll get curious about your religion. THIS is the correct way to bring someone into a church, start inviting them to church sponsored programs.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-19, 1:09 PM #92
Who said anything about bestiality? Some people are just twisted.

Those who 'go gay' are just being dolts. They're the same people who cut themselves because ____ is happening, and whose hair prevents them from getting a drivers liscense.

People don't choose to be gay. In fact, some even try to trick themselves into thinking they're straight, and end up ruining their lives. The reason they try to trick themselves into this? Because of bigots like yourself telling them it's wrong.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-19, 1:10 PM #93
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
There's a difference between being prone to something and actually doing it.

Wow, I'm surprised it took this long to reach this level of the argument. Whenever anyone like you says "it's aoky for them to be homosexual, but it's immoral for them to engage in homosexual acts", then I say: that's cruel. That would be like me denying YOU the opportunity to engage in hetersexual acts with a women.

It's cruel and unfair.

You can't have it both ways, you bigot.

Either everyone remains celibate, or everyone is allowed to choose whether they will or not.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-19, 1:13 PM #94
There's a difference between being prone to something and actually doing it. There are plenty of people who just go gay anyway.

Also, where does bestiality come in? Oooh, Actually I don't really want you to answer that.

Obi, I think you don't know anything about what you're talking about. You're taking the very small minority of homosexuals (those who don't care either way, but chose to become homosexuals) and lumping them into some category that makes all homosexuals look bad. There are gay people out there who don't LIKE BEING GAY. But they have absolutely no attraction to the opposite sex. While nobody knows the exact "cause" (like it's some kind of disease?) of homosexuality, it's been proven that it is not a choice. That's why some animals exhibit homosexual tendencies.

The funny thing is, you're probably going to ask for 100% undeniable proof...yet you believe that the earth has only been around 6000 years and a guy in the sky just up and made it one day (an invisible, all-powerful one at that).

And bestiality is a fetish. It's a wire that got crossed in you and makes you feel more aroused while being with animals. As disgusting as it is, it's the same kind of thing that makes you like blondes, or like red heads, or a girl's legs, etc.

EDIT: Hebedee--I'm fine when a friend invites me to church. I'm fine when I see a pastor in a social event and he invites me to stop by sometime. I'm not fine when LDS and Jehova's Witnesses harrass me at home. I'm not fine when I start getting phone calls telling me to "choose life" and/or come to church so I don't "burn in hell". I'm not fine when laws get passed supporting Christian hatred (banning gay marriage, sodomy, and oral sex). I'm not fine when I see Christian-based interest groups heavily influence our society towards a theocracy. There's a fine line of difference between genuine tendencies to help, and harrassment. Most Christians seem to be pretty blind about that line--or at least the more vocal ones do.
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 1:19 PM #95
Wow, I'm surprised it took this long to reach this level of the argument. Whenever anyone like you says "it's aoky for them to be homosexual, but it's immoral for them to engage in homosexual acts", then I say: that's cruel. That would be like me denying YOU the opportunity to engage in hetersexual acts with a women.

It's cruel and unfair.

You can't have it both ways, you bigot.

Either everyone remains celibate, or everyone is allowed to choose whether they will or not.

It's at that point that the "Do not commit adultry" commandment comes in. It's the same as straight, in my opinion.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-19, 1:20 PM #96
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
It's at that point that the "Do not commit adultry" commandment comes in. It's the same as straight, in my opinion.

ummmmmmmm.................. what? Adultery means you cheat on your husband/wife. This has nothing to do with anything. Besides, most homosexuals can't even get married thanks to people like you.
2006-03-19, 1:22 PM #97
Quote:
Obi, I think you don't know anything about what you're talking about. You're taking the very small minority of homosexuals (those who don't care either way, but chose to become homosexuals) and lumping them into some category that makes all homosexuals look bad. There are gay people out there who don't LIKE BEING GAY. But they have absolutely no attraction to the opposite sex. While nobody knows the exact "cause" (like it's some kind of disease?) of homosexuality, it's been proven that it is not a choice. That's why some animals exhibit homosexual tendencies.

Um... my point is straight people aren't forced to commit fornication. Same thing.
2006-03-19, 1:23 PM #98
ummmmmmmm.................. what? Adultery means you cheat on your husband/wife. This has nothing to do with anything. Besides, most homosexuals can't even get married thanks to people like you.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that adultery also refers to pre-marital sex and the like. Either way, I think you know what he was trying to say.

And Free, seriously, stop being so ****ing hateful and stupid. "people like you"? Zloc's beliefs fairly well line up with your own. You're like the athiest version of Obi. It's not attractive at all.
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 1:25 PM #99
Um... my point is straight people aren't forced to commit fornication. Same thing.

They are too. How many straight men do you know that never plan to have sex/have never had sex? Seriously, straight men are driven by the instinctual want to reproduce, to spread their seed, as much as possible. Homosexual men have that urge too, but they want to have sex with a male instead of a female. You're talking about going against your biological makeup, against millions of years of evolution. Little hint--that doesn't work so well as you'd think.
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 1:25 PM #100
I ain't touchin' this thread.

*cue MC Hammer*
2006-03-19, 1:26 PM #101
Originally posted by Shintock:
I ain't touchin' this thread.

*cue MC Hammer*

Uh...too late? :p
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 1:27 PM #102

Wtf? When did I say I was against gay marriage?

Marriage is more of a symbol anyway. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you remain faithful and act as a married couple, it's the same thing in my opinion. And (I'll ask my teacher about this, see if she can get a Bible verse to back me up) adultry is having sex with someone aside from your first partner, or atleast that's how I've been led to believe by my teacher/priest.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-19, 1:30 PM #103
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Wtf? When did I say I was against gay marriage?

Marriage is more of a symbol anyway. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you remain faithful and act as a married couple, it's the same thing in my opinion. And (I'll ask my teacher about this, see if she can get a Bible verse to back me up) adultry is having sex with someone aside from your first partner, or atleast that's how I've been led to believe by my teacher/priest.

Biblically you are correct. Though when it comes to dictionary definitions, it's mainly just out of your current partner, whoever that may be.
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 3:20 PM #104
Uh, it hasn't been 'proven' that homosexuality is 100% in genes.

It's been proven that it is more often than not a natural element of a person.

That doesn't mean it can't come about because of choice, environment, etc.

I don't know what studies you are reading, but you have to make this distinction. It has been found to usually be something natural, but there are anomalies to that theory.

Also, Free, I can see you someday joining a Christian Church and being an annoying preacher. You're just as hateful and obnoxious as any of them.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-19, 3:24 PM #105
Originally posted by Spook:
Uh, it hasn't been 'proven' that homosexuality is 100% in genes.

It's been proven that it is more often than not a natural element of a person.

That doesn't mean it can't come about because of choice, environment, etc.

I don't know what studies you are reading, but you have to make this distinction. It has been found to usually be something natural, but there are anomalies to that theory.

Also, Free, I can see you someday joining a Christian Church and being an annoying preacher. You're just as hateful and obnoxious as any of them.

As ironic as this sounds, Amen :p
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 4:04 PM #106
Originally posted by kyle90:
Oh, this thread is gonna be GOOOOOOD

(you guys with your religions. Tee hee hee)
2006-03-19, 5:23 PM #107
Dj Yoshi,

You see, the problem is all perspective. Every male member of my family (other than me, of course), has gone on an LDS mission. Every single one of them thinks it was one of the best things they could have done for humanity. They believe with their whole hearts that what they did was helpful and not harassment.

I agree with you, though, Yoshi. I would not appreciate it if some person from a random religion told me my convictions were wrong and that in order to have a fabulous afterlife I would have to convert to a certain way of thinking. The problem is I know quite well how these missionaries feel and it is a pity that some of them made you feel harassed.

I have the perspective that LDS people do not consider it a lack of respect, but an enormous amount of respect, when they do their proselyting. I also consider it misguided.

I also do not believe in God, so it is all about perspective.
2006-03-19, 5:44 PM #108
Dj Yoshi,

You see, the problem is all perspective. Every male member of my family (other than me, of course), has gone on an LDS mission. Every single one of them thinks it was one of the best things they could have done for humanity. They believe with their whole hearts that what they did was helpful and not harassment.

I agree with you, though, Yoshi. I would not appreciate it if some person from a random religion told me my convictions were wrong and that in order to have a fabulous afterlife I would have to convert to a certain way of thinking. The problem is I know quite well how these missionaries feel and it is a pity that some of them made you feel harassed.

I have the perspective that LDS people do not consider it a lack of respect, but an enormous amount of respect, when they do their proselyting. I also consider it misguided.

I also do not believe in God, so it is all about perspective.

Last time we talked you were still LDS. Interesting.

But let me put it this way--when you get a house visit, that's a bit weird. When you get a phone call, that's even weirder. Then you start getting mail, email, and eventually you're fighting off different people monthly. It's nothing but an annoyance in reality, but it's still an insult. These people don't respect me--if they did, they'd never tell me "you're wrong, I'm right, accept this". For a while I've tried to advocate religious tolerance--because I used to be Christian, and consider myself mildly agnostic instead of athiest. I try to tell people that just because they don't believe in God, or just because they DO believe in God, doesn't mean they're right. But people don't listen to me--instead they have more fun insulting each other and acting like four year olds saying "NO I'M RIGHT STFU ANd STOP BELIEVING WHAT YOU DO".

Sorry, I think I got off on a rant.
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 5:46 PM #109
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I used to be Christian, and consider myself mildly agnostic instead of athiest.[/QUOTE]
NO I'M RIGHT STFU ANd STOP BELIEVING WHAT YOU DO
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-19, 5:48 PM #110
Agnostic is probably how you would describe me as well. I have been a practicing Mormon for my whole life until a few weeks ago. I have never believed it truly. I finally decided to actually live my beliefs.
2006-03-19, 5:59 PM #111
Agnostic is probably how you would describe me as well. I have been a practicing Mormon for my whole life until a few weeks ago. I have never believed it truly. I finally decided to actually live my beliefs.

We are in exactly[/i] the same boat. Except I've known this for a bit longer. Realizing that I didn't actually believe what I was trying to make myself believe has made the world make so much more sense.
2006-03-19, 6:10 PM #112
Freelancer sucks at debate. Good day.
2006-03-19, 6:43 PM #113
Well, Spook, hello.

My situation has been this: Maintain appearances and correct behaviors in the case that something magical convinces me that my initial impressions have been incorrect. I determined that it was no longer worth maintaining these appearances.
2006-03-19, 7:49 PM #114
[ You still haven't learned ]
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-03-19, 7:52 PM #115
Oh.. my god..

IT CAME BACK.
2006-03-19, 7:55 PM #116
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
[ You still haven't learned ]

Don't edit, let the love flow!
2006-03-19, 8:22 PM #117
Giggity.
2006-03-19, 9:13 PM #118
I predict a lock with-in 10 posts.
2006-03-19, 9:25 PM #119
I think it's funny you say that now that all your arguments have been debased.
D E A T H
2006-03-19, 9:29 PM #120
Any of you homos touch my stuff, I'll kill you.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

↑ Up to the top!