Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta
2006-03-16, 11:11 PM #1
Hot damn, what a movie. The Wachowskis might not be good writers, but they can sure direct. I went in with negative feelings left behind from Matrix Revolutions, but V for Vendetta was absolutely fantastic.

Hugo Weaving kicked *** as V.

Natalie Portman proved she can act.

This movie is ****ing awesome. Go see it. I plan to see it again.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-03-16, 11:13 PM #2
sweet. i plan on seeing it tomorrow.
Mmmm.
2006-03-17, 12:04 AM #3
Except they didn't direct it. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

Edit: Can you tell me a bit more about it in spoiler tags or something, my mom won't let me see it because she thinks it's going to have nude scenes and what not (although I assured her it didn't).
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-17, 12:13 AM #4
Oh, my friend said they directed it, but someone else wrote it. I guess he had it backwards.

There were nude dead bodies for a few seconds, but that's it. It wasn't a big deal. I'm too tired to sum up the movie, but I'm sure someone else will do it.

Oh, I need to mention that there was a very unexpected and very funny Benny Hill scene . With everything this movie had, that was my favorite part.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2006-03-17, 12:14 AM #5
So Alan Moore can give a sigh of relief that his graphic novel was put to good use? (after his The League of Extraordinary was made into a flop)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-17, 12:23 AM #6
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]Oh, my friend said they directed it, but someone else wrote it. I guess he had it backwards.

There were nude dead bodies for a few seconds, but that's it. It wasn't a big deal. I'm too tired to sum up the movie, but I'm sure someone else will do it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thx.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-17, 1:35 AM #7
Ah, didn't know it's out yet. Too bad most good movies get to local theatres 3, 4 months after release, though. Jeez. Really wanna see that. And the comic book's bloody depressing, too.
幻術
2006-03-17, 2:25 AM #8
It has been ages since I last time visited a movie theater. Maybe I should check this out. I always knew there was something shifty about Britland, so I might as well go and see for myself what it is exactly.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-03-17, 3:55 AM #9
I seriously should go see that...

I've been wanting too.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-17, 7:10 AM #10
i need to see this, Alan Moore is ****ing awesome.

Shame they canned a movie version of The Watchmen.

[EDIT]HOLY **** GOD DAMN I AM HAPPY THEY ARE MAKING IT AGAIN

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/[/EDIT]
2006-03-17, 9:17 AM #11
I been waiting for this since I first saw the trailer. I'll go and see it this afternoon.
2006-03-17, 9:36 AM #12
looks good, want to see it :)
/fluffle
2006-03-17, 9:56 AM #13
The Daily Mail hailed it as a Tookey Turkey.

But Tookey is a Tool, so it might be good.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-17, 10:28 AM #14
Eh alright, few more questions, sorry.

-How bad is the tourture scene?

-And how bad is the swearing?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-17, 10:30 AM #15
Yeah, I'm definately seeing this tonight.
2006-03-17, 10:34 AM #16
I've been waiting for months. Seeing it tonight.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-03-17, 1:27 PM #17
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:

YOU CANNOT SEE RATED R MOVIES!
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-17, 1:41 PM #18
Originally posted by Spook:
YOU CANNOT SEE RATED R MOVIES!

Ehhh, I've seen some ;) This one I want to see really bad.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-17, 2:26 PM #19
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:

I don't remember much swearing. Portman's torture scene wasn't hard to watch at all. They shaved her head and gave her bad food. As for the other torture scenes, I think I've seen worse in a PG-13 film.

I think the biggest reason this movie got an R rating was because of all the blood. V uses knives, afterall. But, even then, it wasn't over the line.
2006-03-17, 2:27 PM #20
ahh i cant wait. im probably going to watch it tonight. woohoo. oh yeaaa lol. so far it's been a good day, got a massage at the spa, at lunch at olive garden, had a big chat with my sis just sharing stuff, then her husband is coming home from golf and we are probably going to go out to Dinner and then to see V for Vendetta woohoo! great day great day lol. anyways that was a rant. i'll be3 back when i've seen it for my two cents lol
2006-03-17, 2:30 PM #21
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]I don't remember much swearing. Portman's torture scene wasn't hard to watch at all. They shaved her head and gave her bad food. As for the other torture scenes, I think I've seen worse in a PG-13 film.

I think the biggest reason this movie got an R rating was because of all the blood. V uses knives, afterall. But, even then, it wasn't over the line.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I should be able to convince mom now :p
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-17, 2:34 PM #22
This is a movie that I really want to see. From what I've read and the reviews I've heard, it looks amazing. And it has Hugo Weaving in it (hah, ironic though, that he plays a ardent revolutionary fighting the system, the exact opposite of his Agent Smith character).
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2006-03-17, 3:05 PM #23
Tell your mom not to be an overprotective *****. Seriously, can you IMAGINE blood spewing from a human being? Can you guess what titties look like? I'll bet you've cut your finger and have also seen nudity in the mirror, before. Possibly both at once.

I wanna see this movie this weekend for sure. I'm excited.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-17, 3:12 PM #24
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Tell your mom not to be an overprotective *****.

This is good advice. Your mom will thank you for opening her eyes to what she has been doing all these years, and buy you "Kill Bill."
2006-03-17, 3:44 PM #25
Tell your mom not to be an overprotective *****. Seriously, can you IMAGINE blood spewing from a human being? Can you guess what titties look like? I'll bet you've cut your finger and have also seen nudity in the mirror, before. Possibly both at once.

Or tell his religion to not discourage seeing rated R movies. Which I really I see no point in anyone saying.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-17, 5:41 PM #26
With the exception of the F words and the blood that gush out when V cuts someone with his knife, this movie doesn't seem all that bad. Then again I suppose the scene where a 10 years-old girl is shot wouldn't really be in a PG-13 movie. Terrific movie though, definitely wouldn't mind seeing it twice. Natalie did a great job, especially during the torture scenes in my opinion. Redeems the scene where she was choked by Anakin in Episode III.

Oh and is it me or is V a badass? Hugo's voice also amplifies his badassness.
2006-03-17, 5:46 PM #27
This was actually one of the movies I left wondering if it was good or not. I liked the beginning, but I'm not sure if I liked the last half. It had great lines, good acting, yadda, yadda...but there was just something about it I didn't really like. I think I should see it again to figure out what that was. :em321:
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-03-17, 5:48 PM #28
Seriously, can you IMAGINE blood spewing from a human being? Can you guess what titties look like? I'll bet you've cut your finger and have also seen nudity in the mirror, before. Possibly both at once.

I like cuting myself and smearing blood all over my sexy northman bod while naked in front of the mirror. Its even more fun to lick it up. Vanna velp?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-17, 5:51 PM #29
Kirby, my mom is awesome, I promise. She said it's up to me, so I'm still gonna see it one of these days.

Edit: Also, she's not being overprotective at all. You come live down here for 3 months and you will see just how paranoid some parents are.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-17, 6:54 PM #30
Originally posted by Jepman:
I like cuting myself and smearing blood all over my sexy northman bod while naked in front of the mirror. Its even more fun to lick it up. Vanna velp?

My vord no. Not von drop.

-It's just not a topic until someone quotes Pratchett.
2006-03-17, 7:01 PM #31
Originally posted by bearded_jarl:
My vord no. Not von drop.

-It's just not a topic until someone quotes Pratchett.

Jepman von Drop.

I like it.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-17, 7:31 PM #32
I saw it tonight. It was very good. There was a good message there, the acting ruled, Natalie Portman is incredibly pretty, and V kicks ***.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-17, 7:39 PM #33
V is utterly badass.

That movie was WONDERFUL. I always have a good time at the Theaters when I see a movie on a whim. I called up a mate, within 20 minutes we were sitting in the theater, sipping smuggled mountain dew cans, knee-deep in the first 10 minutes.

That movie was FANTASTIC. It had everything and more. I loved it.

The only thing I didn't like is that the entire thing was under-extended. I felt the movie could have been longer, I don't know why. More anarchy? More proof of civil obedience? I'm not sure. It was wonderful, how it was, though.

My only question:
Why does EV leave her hair short the entire time?

Oh, I had another:
I haven't even heard of the comic [And I'm somewhat of a comic nerd.] and I want to know if it's because it's terrible, or is it because it's one of those many overlooked gems in the visual book world?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-17, 7:53 PM #34
SO ****ING GOOD.

just got back from it. loved every minute, especially the end. wow. yes yes yes.
2006-03-17, 7:55 PM #35
My only question:
Why does EV leave her hair short the entire time?

Oh, I had another:
I haven't even heard of the comic [And I'm somewhat of a comic nerd.] and I want to know if it's because it's terrible, or is it because it's one of those many overlooked gems in the visual book world?

JediKirby

remember when she said her friend didnt recognize her at the store? it was a cover, along with the fake ID. she thanked V for cutting her hair.

and my friend said the comic is REALLY LONG. like more like a real novel, and in huge parts. might be why
2006-03-17, 7:58 PM #36
I'll have to go watch it tomorrow night - I'm surprised it's playing here already..we're usually way behind.
woot!
2006-03-17, 9:49 PM #37
Originally posted by Cazor:
SO ****ING GOOD.

just got back from it. loved every minute, especially the end. wow. yes yes yes.

twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-03-17, 10:04 PM #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazor
SO ****ING GOOD.

Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-17, 10:32 PM #39
Honestly, I have to say I was a bit dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, it just completely ****ing butchered the story. If there was ever a case of "mainstreaming" this is it.
2006-03-17, 10:40 PM #40
OMFG, the best movie i've seen in a while! I dont even know, so many emotions, I was moved to tears a few times, I got chills.

I liked how it deals with all issues, gives a face to both old and new, and yet shows how one person can make such a huge difference, and how it doesnt matter in what country its happening we are all the same the same face, the same person. which was shown by the mask, but was also resaid (in case people didnt catch it through the symbolism) when nat. portman restated how he was me, you, everyone.

God an amazing movie. Personally I liked it *two thumbs wayyyy up*

↑ Up to the top!