Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta
2006-03-19, 10:47 PM #81
Maddox?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-03-19, 10:51 PM #82
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
Veger sounds like Maddox, but Veger is capable of being wrong. :p

I saw previews for it and thought V was an ugly character, and I was under the impression that it was just going to another comic-into-movie hack-job. I couldn't be more wrong. I've never read the graphic novel, but, I must say, I loved the movie.

The whole time I watched I was reminded of Don Quixote. (especially when you see all those novels in that room Natalie woke in) The character, V, was so seemingly insane but in an extremely honorable and virtuous manor.

The presentation of everything was spot-on. I was not lost for a moment. There was so much symbolism, I felt I was listening to my English teacher rambling about The Scarlet Letter, but, in this case, I rather enjoyed the symbolic aspects of the movie. It really engaged the mind to ponder over the movie in different sense.

V for Vendetta is most definitely worthy of your viewing.

All well and good. But I'm still on a tight budget where six bucks for a movie just isn't worth it right now.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-03-19, 10:52 PM #83
Originally posted by Veger:
Maddox?

Meh, A lot of people know who I mean.

[Content Warning]
thebestpageintheuniverse.net
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-03-19, 11:24 PM #84
I've heard of that guy, I'm not him. :P

I dunno I was kinda in a bad mood today.

school + work = stress
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-03-20, 3:45 PM #85
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
All well and good. But I'm still on a tight budget where six bucks for a movie just isn't worth it right now.

i wish it were still 6 bucks in my town. you're lucky. go see it you fool.
2006-03-21, 12:53 PM #86
Yeah, movies are $9 here..

Anyway. I got the comic yesterday. Commence reading: NOW!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-03-22, 2:53 PM #87
I saw it today and loved it. I think one of the reasons why was because I didn't exactly try to watch it like most other movies. There's a lot of depth and parallels and metaphor that I could ponder about for a long time. I found myself engaged in that more than the story itself.

Also, Nat is remarkably beautiful with a buzz cut.

The ending scene was amazing to me. All those people just marching past the soldiers with assault rifles, and the dumbfounded look on the soldiers' faces... it was just awesome. They were so helpless.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-24, 8:38 AM #88
Originally posted by Freelancer:
All those people just marching past the soldiers with assault rifles, and the dumbfounded look on the soldiers' faces... it was just awesome. They were so helpless.

True that

This movie had alot of anarchism refrences in it (for instance the scene when he's talking about dancing and she's like "on the eve of your revolution?!" and he says something to the effect of "well we must beable to dance for a revolution" or something whichc is an emma goldman refrence)

↑ Up to the top!